August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

This topic contains 880 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  mishty 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 883 total)

• Day 20, Surrey (UK), FD, 162lb

Thank you all for your encouragement and support following my last post of woe! This is my first FD for 2 weeks now, following recent holidays. Still battling with a chest infection and it is getting me down. Huge sympathy to @michelinme – it must be awful to have pneumonia. I wish you a speedy recovery. Not sure I’m being wise to fast when feeling under the weather, but I feel the need to try. Apart from some gentle household chores, I plan to rest up today and keep taking the paracetamol. In some way it’s kind of nice not to have to think about food today.

After a 3lb weight gain from the holiday, I seem to have gained a further 5lb after the weekend. I’m not sure what caused it but I did eat lots more bread than usual, and I am feeling bloated today. Maybe I’ll be rewarded with a whoosh tomorrow!

Adding myself to Day 20 Pocket List

@daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @fatfingers

Day 20, UK, FD

Week One, Run One Couch to 5K completed.

You know when you know you’re going to have ‘one of those weekends’ – well OH and I just had one – and great fun it was too. Thank goodness my new fitness routine has started this morning and it’s an FD.

“Every day is a chance to begin again. Don’t focus on the failures of yesterday, start today with positive thoughts and expectations.” Catherine Pulsifer

Day 20 (TWENTY?!) UK FD

Yesterday’s v late lunch and purchase of gf cream crackers proved my undoing. The carb dragon was out and prowling and I had almost no self control until 2/3 packet was gone – they repeatedly called my name from the depths of the cupboard and, tho delayed for a while with mind over matter, I eventually gave in. Within an hour my stomach was so extended I looked c7 mths pregnant – clearly not a wheat or gluten issue but something else, sigh.

V glad of early epsom salt bath and earlier night last night – altho I forgot MO and woke several times, I slept like a log for around 9hrs. Dopey this morning but making a slow and measured start to first day attempting project work. Feeling good, esp considering I went into town yesterday. The worst of the puff is back down again and the scales have reset themselves to 146lbs, but I know it’s a slippery slope. Thank goodness for Monday FD, which I’ll aim to make a WFD and see how I go, listening carefully to my recovering body.

Have done chores and phone banking and peeked at inbox, now for yoga and meditation ahead of post-break email catch up before a couple of small project tasks. A well-paced 4hrs will be plenty for today, then prep for tomorrow. Phone call booked with long distance but close friend, definitely want to energy to chat before winding down to another early night.

@at so glad you’ve found a dress – and handbag, and shoes! Wonderful that you & DD will have hair done together on the wedding morning; sounds perfect 🙂
    @dykask – I read your first post as “walking on water #57” 😀
    @flourbaby don’t mention the carb dragon *lalalalalalala* Clearly my resolve is weak atm, but I know I don’t want to bounce up and down 144-147 -or higher! We didn’t come this far…
    @kerryn73 good to hear from you, and glad it’s going well 🙂

Happy fasting to all who are fasting today, Happy Mondays to all x

Day 20 Pocket List – a flurry of 11.30am posts, hope I’ve caught you all 🙂
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme

Day 20 – UK – FD (2nd of B2B)

I’m logging in early today as I want to put it out there that I’m doing a B2B FD to start this week off by pressing my RESET button and as I have a couple of social evenings out this week I’m also planning on a 3rd FD later in the week to keep me on an even keel as I know that there will be some overindulgence…..

@gretta – well done on dispatching that 1kg – keep going!
    @moukinator – I find doing 16:8 on holidays works well at keeping me in maintenance and I try to reduce my processed carbohydrate intake on most days but not all as a treat is always enjoyed more when not having it everyday!!
    @sarahbob – hold on tight to us and we will get you through this day – just think of us as your 😇on your shoulders….
    @fatfingers – some of that weight will be water retention – hang on tight to us today and press your RESET button and tomorrow you will be pleased that you did this FD – this is for you 🤗

For those who suffer with the carb dragon or any other dragons – have you thought about not buying/keeping any of the ones that call your name in the house but having them as a treat only when eating out? It’s what I try to do although I admit not always successfully…….

Let us all focus on this Day 20 FD Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @at

“IT’S NOT WHAT WE DO ONCE IN A WHILE THAT SHAPES OUR LIVES, BUT WHAT WE DO CONSISTENTLY” Tony Robbins

Day 20 North canton OH FD

Will catch up on posts later, busy day
    Let us all focus on this Day 20 FD Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @at
    @basyjames

Day 20 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Happy Monday, CFD for me. Took the week off and plan to do much needed me time.

Adding myself to the pocket list
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @at
    @basyjames
    @diana123

Go make it a great day. Enjoy your Monday everyone

Day 20 Massachusetts USA FD Hi Everyone 👋 I’ve been diligent with the spreadsheet but haven’t posted here. We were traveling a lot and then got a new 12 week old puppy. I also started a new home-based course of study. I still write down everything I eat in the Lose It App and don’t think I’ve gained more than 1-2 ponds this Summer. I don’t own a scale so I don’t know for sure. It’s been such a rainy 🌧 Summer that I’ve missed out on swimming in our Lake. That’s disappointing. I decided to Fast today as I feel like I ate too much yesterday. After nearly 2 years on the 5/2 I get full so easily! I do think of you all and wish you well!

Day 20, Amsterdam, FD

Phew, after my birthday on Saturday, I was thinking I would have ruined everything I’d worked towards in August, but actually the scales just stayed the same as after Thursday’s FD!

Happy to get back into it this morning. I’m doing OK so far, just lots of coffee (bad) and herbal teas (good), and my boyfriend tells me he plans to make spinach soup tonight (very good), so I think I can have a few falafel wtih that if I manage to avoid all food before getting home.

@moukinator a trick I use on holiday (learnt from @at), is to do 16:8 – so no breakfast. It’s easy to do this 4 days a week I think and you can still have the lunches and dinners you’re looking forward to! Good luck, hope you have a great holiday!

Day 20 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything
    @catch87

Ha oh dear – I seem to have reduced the pocket list by not checking which post was last!

Adding myself to the pocket list is in fact…
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @at
    @basyjames
    @diana123
    @catch87

Day 20 London UK FD

I don’t think I managed to get around to posting yesterday so am taking a break at my desk with a mug of miso. Just back from 3 miles walk on lunch break. Not my usual 4 miles as I popped into a couple of shops to try and find a nice top or dress for holidays. It’s three years since I wore anything that isn’t floaty and I am struggling to find my style.

Weekend was such a blur but in a good way. Husband has a major project on at work so sadly we barely saw him. Little one and I entertained ourselves. Lots of time at the park and playgrounds…and happy to report fewer tantrums. Have been working on not letting myself get tense or stern when I sense a tantrum brewing and it is working well for both of us!

I made a trial mini birthday cake for him on Saturday (ahead of his party next Sunday) and of course I had to have a nibble. Okay, okay, it was way more than a nibble! Thank goodness for My Fitness Pal as it meant I could then manage the calories I had left. It was a simple chocolate Rice Krispie cake (as there will be children with allergies at the party, and this is the one cake I know they can have) and it was scrumptious. Will be doing it in this style, although the one here is an actual cake https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/digger-cake I can’t wait to see his little face light up!

@michelinme and @strawberriesandcream I haven’t forgotten your request for my daal recipe. Next time I make it I will measure the ingredients and write it all down for you. I have been making it for years and years so I usually eyeball it for myself.

@missybear You are so close to wedding day now and I’m so excited for you! Can’t wait to read about the day. Hope your last FD before the day is going well.

@kerryn73 I’d be interested to hear more about swapping dairy for oat based milk. I switched to almond milk when I started this WOL. Just to see if I would miss cow’s milk! I’m not regimental but have realised I don’t actually drink a lot of milk other than in tea. May I ask why you chose oat milk over say, soya or almond or one of the others? I don’t actually know much about the differences which is why I ask!

@rainbowsmile I can’t recall whether I replied but re the Jillian Michaels challenge for September – I am definitely on board for it! I suspect I’ll need it after holiday!

Speaking of holiday, I am started to feel nervous about staying on track. @moukinator we are away for the same length of time, with family, and having just reached maintenance! I too am going to aim for 2 FDs but don’t want it to take over so will try to remind myself of the “easy on, easy off” theory – thanks for that! I have downloaded Jillian’s 30 Day Shred to my iPhone so that I can do it if I get the chance….good intentions and all that! Not being able to weigh myself will be interesting also as I weigh in every day at home!

Adding myself to the lovely long pocketlist today – I’m in great company!

@dykask
    @lilymartin
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @at
    @basyjames
    @diana123
    @catch87
    @beedoo

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good travel day yesterday despite plane delayed and some other unforeseen issues, but home safely. Will have a very busy few days, including my 8-week blood donation tomorrow, so likely won’t have a FD until later this week.

Scale was kind this morning, right at maintenance. Yeah for that!

Hope to catch up on posts later on.

Onward and downward.

Day 20, Guildford UK, NFD

How is that some days we can feel so lacking? I had been looking at a lovely dress on M&Co which I have wanted for so long and it is half price at £52. A size 12, I have looked at this dress with longing in my eyes.

Yes it fits but my arms look so lumpy in it. It is sleeveless. Standing looking in the changing room mirror I see HP moustache tummy and I cry. They are bitter tears of regret at having put on this weight and the slowness of it going because it is steroid fat and stubborn. I bought the dress because I love it so much.

http://www.mandco.com/floral-mesh-embroidered-fit-and-flare-dress-ivory/1703099.html?cgid=10010090330&dwvar_1703099_color=0044#start=23

I work hard and exercise a lot and it is so so so slow. Only one week to the wedding of a dear friend.

————————————

@foodfreedomgirl I think the twins stats are so funky.

@at link please to your dress, hungry for a description.

@lilygorecki it gives me enormous hope and great joy when each one of my August sunshiners achieves a precious goal.

@lilymartin the likely cause of the headaches is water! You may need more tissue salts and salt itself.

@beedoo @annemarilyn @at and @shinything so glad the sunshine theme has helped, it has really helped me, but I didn’t want to force my idea on everyone here. For me though I have enjoyed researching the sunshine theme. @flourbaby just on cue my own personal sunshine dip was needed into the light and joy here on the thread.

@gretta a kilo is great news.

@dykask 90 WFD is a lot! Puts my tally of about 40 for last year to shame.

@moukinator that makes my heart sing that you have reached a goal and staying there.

@kerryn73 delighted to see you post just to know you are getting that which you need to stay on your journey.

@missybear it will be a good one today. I am counting the days.

@strawberriesandcream, day 1 crossed off! Excellent. Yet another August success.

@mtchelinme my weight issues all arose as a result of steroids for pneumonia.

@mogaman that is what the spreadsheet is for. Please let us know how you are from time to time.

@catch87 happy belated birthday.

@beedoo thank you for joining me on my challenge.

@songbirdme what else would it be but bang on.

———————–

Today’s sunshine is a self love meditation which I listen to at my saddest and most dark times.

Listen to S03 REMEMBERING YOUR WORTH by Live Awake #np on #SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.com/liveawakepodcast/s03-remembering-your-worth

———————-

The FD pocket list is on @beedoo post

Mari

Day 20 – Atlanta,GA,USA – FD

Adding myself to the pocketlist today
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @at
    @basyjames
    @diana123
    @catch87
    @beedoo
    @mishty

2nd post

@rainbowsmile – This is the dress and a size 10 was a perfect fit – I have bought size 8 from Phase 8 but for this model the size 10 was just right – I have a short bolero type cardigan to wear with it if it’s cool
    Margo Print Dress | Multi-coloured | Phase Eight
    http://www.phase-eight.com/fcp/product/phase-eight/new-lines…/margo…dress/204857000

I love your dress and I hope that it soon fits you and makes you do happy dance 💃

@at I can’t make that link work. 🛋

Day 20 North Wales FD

Adding myself to the pocketlist today
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @at
    @basyjames
    @diana123
    @catch87
    @beedoo
    @mishty
    @molij

Day 20 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Planning on a LFD today. If someone could add me to the list it’d be great.

@rainbowsmile- the dress is lovely. If you’re not happy with your arms, what about a little sweater as @at mentions. BTW I couldn’t access her link either. Also, what’s an HP moustache tummy?

@mogamon – interesting that you’ve had rain to keep you from swimming in the Eastern USA. Here in the west it’s been hot and sunny. What’s keeping people from public pools is the haze from fires that’s been affecting air quality.

@kerryn73 – I too am curious about switching to oatmilk rather than a nut milk for example. What is the ratonal?

@songbirdme- someday I’m going to be able to post that I maintained while away… good for you.

With several getting clothes for weddings, it reminds me that I have a destination wedding coming up in Chicago the first weekend of September. I was just going to use something I already have but…maybe it would be fun to find at least one new piece. With my recent move, I’m still finding places for everything so am reticent to bring in more “stuff”.

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 20 2nd post

Seems I have been bumped off today’s pocket list, but I am still fasting!! Liquid only so far, already lost 3 of those lbs, so it’s weekend water weight, food in transit etc. My tum still looks wobbly but my waist measurement has not changed so hopefully the easy on/easy off promise will come through.

I am going to have some chicken bone broth with a small oat bran bread for my meal, then early to bed to catch up on reading Lost Connections which was recommended by Emma Taylor last week. It’s such a good and interesting read.

Thanks @rainbowsmile for today’s meditation, I have just completed it ☺️

Have a good evening all, hope all of us on FD’s make it a good one 😄

Thank you @shinything, it is a beautiful dress. It should photograph super lovely. @at more input Shoes? Accents? A hat?

Tell, tell, tell…..

What a fasting list! We are so super successful this month. (Sings and dances with delight)

@annemarilyn HP moustache tummy is herule poirot moustache (think of the shape) well that’s my tummy shaped like the great detectives waxed moustache. Think bottom edge of tummy.

Mari

Day 20, Idaho USA Warrior FD

Super busy today. Read a little here and there, but no time for more. 🙂

8/20 pocket list

@dykask
    @lilymartin
    @gretta
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @at
    @basyjames
    @diana123
    @catch87
    @beedoo
    @mishty
    @molij
    @annemarilyn
    @daffodil2010
    @foodfreedomgirl

🌻

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Day 20 second post

It’s confession time, my friends… I have been very very bad. Husband came home and suggested my favourite Indian takeaway and I couldn’t say no. I’d had such a strong FD up until that point (just herbal teas and a miso) and had done my 30 day Shred workout. I’m a little annoyed at myself but actually it was really nice to sit and share a meal together. It’s the second takeaway I’ve had since starting this WOL on 13 June, the other being a dreadful pizza which I regretted even as I ate it! The food tonight was delicious. In a bid to try and make it a teeny bit healthier I had it with quinoa made at home rather than white rice. But then, since I’m an all or nothing kinda gal, I finished the last slice of the chocolate Rice Krispie cake. Thankfully I have two full days before we go away. They will be b2b FDs!

Day 20, Gozo, Malta, fd

Today I weighed 0.7 kilos more than yesterday. I’m 68.2 kilos. I know I went over tdee yesterday.

Today I fasted at 870 calories.

Tomorrow is another fast day for me and I hope I’ll do better.

Onwards and downwards. Keep strong.

2nd post.

Bedpost just look forward and do the B2B fast days before going away. Then enjoy your holiday and continue with this WOL. It’s that simple and easy. Good night 💤🌙😴

Day 20 second post

Got thru thus far on water, one black coffee and just had a hot vegemite. May have another hot vegemite on way to bed. WFD are strangely easier, just knowing that I’m not eating, esp after my cracker-induced carbtastic tum.

Really enjoyed reading through posts, clicking on links to the amazing digger cakes and smart beautiful dresses-for-weddings 🙂

Definitely kept stronger today by busyness & structure, but brought home by way of the pocket list – thanks all 🙂 x

@rainbowsmile sorry today has been a down day – perhaps time to look back at how far you have come? Steroids are the pits, and you have done amazingly well, inspiring us on your way. Thank you for all the sunshine you’ve brought and shared in August, i really look forward to your daily posts xx

Day 20 – Melb, Aus – FD
    Day 21 – NFD

Morning,

Can I ask, what is B2B2B? I have assumed B2B is back to basics, is b2b2b really going back to basics? I am assuming when you start doing this WOL that you start altering your ways because you know your body and habits so well, or maintaining, and then going b2b is concentrating on 2 days of 500 cal? I ask this mainly because this is all I know, but thinking that you may change it up by adding some 16:8 days or Water Fast Days. Also is LFD a low fast day or a liquid fast day (I take my hat off to anyone who can do a water or any liquid day without food, I’m yet to get to that point!)…thanks in advance 🙂

@strawberriesandcream I have the Couch to 10K and have started it at least 3 times! But I do like the gradual program. You are inspiring me to start it for my 4th time.

@beedoo your stories are not boring at all! Rather I read your stories and nod my head saying ‘uh huh, yep, know what your talking about”! We did sleep training with our little one, it was hard in the beginning but glad I did it. We went to Europe in May/June (main instigator of now doing 5:2) and he kind of slept ok but became one with the WOL in France and Spain and was up to 10ish, we gave up near the end and sorted it our when we got back home. Also I am from Adelaide originally and lived in London for a few years and I would agree with your friends father. In Adelaide its very dry and in London there is a bit more humidity, and not so many air cons I think and I really felt it. I still remember the summer it got to 38! I am so glad you love Melbourne…they do rooftop bars well here. At the moment you would freeze but we would still have our beer cold. You must have come at a good time of the year.

@shinything – brushed my teeth early last night…did the trick!

@at – Thanks for the tip! I have 2 windows open and its so much easier! Thanks for the encouragment. Your Jazz Festival sounds lovely, and I bet nice temperatures outside.

Next time I will try to post on the day of my FD so I can add to the list. I am going to try and do a 16:8 on weekdays that I have a NFD, see how I go. Best wishes everyone.

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

So I dispatched some of that weekend water weight but still above what I should be and August goal is looking unlikely…..however, it’s a goal for lower end of Acceptable Weight Range, and when I reach it I will officially confirm Maintenance…….though I kinda sort of am in maintenance (ish) now.

Today is NFD, I was thinking maybe doing a B2B though….will see how the day goes. If not today, maybe tomorrow with Thursday’s official FD.

@lilygorecki a B2B means Back to Back – you complete 2 FD’s one after the other. So a B2B2B would be 3 days in a row ☺️ An LFD is a liquid only fast day.

It’s funny about acronyms though – years ago when I was planning our wedding and was on a wedding forum, a B2B was a “Bride to Be” 😆

@beedoo you will be grand. Be mindful over the next couple of days then enjoy your trip to Ireland 🇮🇪 Two takeaways in 5 weeks is very good going 👍

I am wearing a smart skirt for work today but it’s a bit big around the hips! I am so going to have to have a shopping day soon for work clothes that fit. Currently I have about enough to see me through a week, then it’s mix and match tops and trousers, but still, I do not have enough. The style in the new place is something else. It’s nice too though, I really like getting dress yup and putting make up on again for work n

Have a great Tuesday

Day 21 UK CD

V pleased with yesterday’s WFD, which ended with 50g banana bc I’d forgotten about medication. With hot Vegemite, total calories were 65!

Amazing how much easier I’m finding WFD on a Monday. I think this will go with a standard FD on Thursday to make a comfortable pattern for me.

Project stuff was very slow yesterday, just some of the email backlog and a bit if organising, so plenty left to do today. Got a friend coming for tea at 3pm, so that’ll be good motivation for today’s focus and early cut off. This is the quiet week before deadlines and challenges, so good to make a gentle but determined start.

Wishing you all a helpful and happy day x

Day 21, UK, NFD

My naughty weekend caught up and I ended up on an NFD yesterday. To be honest, I put absolutely zilch effort into it (not that I was over TDEE), but no matter I have tomorrow and Friday to get my 2 FDs in this week. Today I’ve got a friend coming for lunch – not sure what I’m making yet, but it’ll be healthy.

Two absolutely fabulous dresses @rainbowsmile & @at 🙂
    Take it easy @michelinme – no undoing all your hard work getting better.
    Belated birthday greetings @catch87 – hope you had a lovely day.
    Good to hear from you @Mogaman- best wishes to you too.
    Thanks @beedoo. After reading ‘The Plant Paradox’ it seems lentils are to be avoided at all cost – along with beans, peas, grains and fruits. Was an interesting read and I can understand the author’s theory – but unless one has a specific medical issue that can be fixed with his eating programme, I think the rest of us can safely carry on eating what we know we like and works for us. For anyone interested in his theory – lectins are the enemies.
    Hi @kerryn73 – great progress.
    At least you had the courage to get on the scales after the weekend @daffodil2010!!!
    @lilygorecki – go for it. Having the virtual trainer talking me through the whole thing made all the difference. I’m really looking forward to tomorrow!
    @at – You have your very own trainer at home! Would your DH be delighted if you started running too?
    LOL – @lilymartin – you and me too……

I’m a bit OCD about colour co-ordination, so Sunday saw me buying running clothes to match my new shoes. Think OH will have an eppy if I don’t see this through having sunk around £200 into my latest venture. I’m also doing a 4 minute arm exercise routine in an attempt to put off/avoid arm reduction surgery – inspired by @metatauta.

Ok, time to get dressed and do a bit of housework in preparation for my friend arriving.

Day 21, UK, FD

I’m a bit out of sorts… our kitchen is being refitted. It’s very exciting as it was terribly old and it will be SO good to have a new one, but it means we have nothing in the way of kitchen at the minute and barely any living room space either. The place we live in is small so we basically don’t have a ‘side’ to prepare any food other than a very cluttered coffee table. All of the contents from our old cupboards is sitting next to the sofas in bags and boxed on the living room floor and there are lots of bits to pick at…..

However, I’m trying to use the situation to my advantage and basically not eat a thing, but my big thesis write up for my MSc is zapping a lot of energy and I’m finding I’m getting a bit more peckish than normal.

I will persevere through. Today looks warm again so I’m going to make sure I drink lots of water and maybe just pick at a salad for dinner tonight. It’s tricky, I have a fairly set routine on FDs, I like to cook my low cal dishes on a FD, and I find that process is quite nice mentally – I still feel like I’m doing something ‘normal’ as in cooking dinner and it helps me feel like I’m not depriving myself, so this is a bit of a challenge!!

Have a good day all!

Day 21 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Good FD yesterday and much reduced booze intake recently and this morning the scales are showing a new low of 128 lbs 😊. In theory that gives me a 5lb wriggle room for wedding feasting…..but now I’ve seen 128 (9 stone 2 lbs) I love it and want this as my target weight rather than 133 lbs. My plan for this week is to have a normal healthy eating NFD today, be careful on Wednesday although our witnesses are arriving from Brighton so there will be wine with dinner and Thursday is wedding celebrations and Friday is celebrating our witnesses Emerald wedding anniversary so more feasting then Saturday will be a relaxed few drinks and treats kind of day…..by Sunday guests will have gone home so I should be able to do a healthy NFD before my next FD which will be next Monday!! Is a 5 lb wriggle room enough??

Would you all please concentrate hard and direct some sunshine my way for Thursday afternoon because its turned cold and cloudy here this week.

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone, tummy rumbling so I’m off to break my fast 😋

Day 21, Guildford UK, FD

Just took a tumble in the car park going in to the gym. Ankle is swelling so some soft tissue damage. Got an ice pack on it but they don’t stay cold for long so a work colleague is getting me some frozen peas, I know I have a compression bandage somewhere.

Arm is scratched and caught the side of my face so might have a bruise. This is the third time I have tripped in my airwalkers so it’s time to only use them in the house I think. But they are favourites.

————————-

@at it’s out there! Go go go…. (cheering you on)

@daffodil2010 it’s a lovely meditation and my favourite. It has good affirmations in it too.

@beedoo this is a WOL and has to be something I can do for the rest of my life. So if the odd takeaway is your thing go ahead. One of my favourite Indian choices is Tandoori chicken with all the spices and I serve it with salad and yogurt dressing and that is a great low cal choice. So if I am indulging too often then that’s my choice.

@anna6 likely water if those extra calories are carbs. And its the long haul that counts, hang on tight lovely lady it’s just a minor speed bump.

@daffodil2010 those smart things, can they be taken in? I found a dressmakers who is retailoring some of my work things for me and its really helping. The dress I bought if at some stage I can get a second one (second hand) I will have a belt and bolero jacket with lining made and that can be my go too outfit for christenings and weddings.

@lilygorecki I have made a note to add a couple of things to the abbreviations post, LFD and EFS (Epic Face Stuffing), plus the tortoise club. Thank you for asking about the acronyms. I love all the stories and posts here on the challenge thread, every day I sense I am amoung friends, I sit and drink my coffee and post to everyone.

@michelinme cracker induced- your lovely humour makes me smile a lot. Does starting mean not finishing? If it does I suggest you book a run for charity, with running that’s the only way I can push myself in to it. Frankly I was built for comfort not speed. In 2007 I did a full triathlon, I applied expecting to be unable to enter it, but I won a place in the random selection. As I was over 50 at the time I stood a better chance. It was gruelling though.

@strawberriesandcream I get the colour coordination thing. Is there a link to your exercise clothes purchases? I just love clothes and adore knowing what others have bought.

@babs_b it is lovely to have a new kitchen, what have you chosen? Are you gas or electric? What is your thesis, sounds so interesting.

WFD might be a good choice?

@missybear it’s getting closer, I am so so excited by it as I love your choices and the dress sounds so beautiful. Frankly don’t worry about wriggle room as I think you will be so active and excited that there will be lots of NEAT ( non exercise activity thermogensis) or as my aged pa says lots of ‘doing’ going on.

@debster251 you haven’t checked in for a while, just hoping you are lurking. I hadn’t answered you on the Pau D’arco tea, it is an anti fungal tea too as yeast don’t like it and don’t reproduce in its presence, it’s great for gut bacteria as the good ones love the micro nutrients. You can use the tea bags over and over as each infusion brings new anti oxidants to the fore (like green tea) some take a while to emerge. It has a slightly woody sweet taste, a little like diluted vanilla. I love it.

———————

Today’s sunshine

https://youtu.be/VsWgUXs5TSw

By the lovely Gabrielle

——————-

Today’s pocket list

@rainbowsmile
    @beedoo?
    @babs_b

Stay strong everyone

Mari

Day 18 – NFD
    Day 19 – NFD
    Day 20 – FD
    Day 21 – NFD

Very busy times here so just scanned the posts… Two beautiful dresses there!
    Happy Tuesday everybody!

Memory Jogger updated

IF Intermittent Fasting
    WOL Way of Life

FD Fast Day (500 cals)
    MFD Modified Fast Day (800 cals)
    WFD Water Fast Day (Water only)
    CFD Controlled Fast Day (1200 cals)
    NFD Non Fast Day
    LFD Liquid Fast Day (liquids only)

5:2 5 days NFD:2 days IF
    ADF Alternate Day Fast, FD, NFD
    16:8 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    20:4 Warrior 20 hours fast 4 hours window
    B2B Back 2 Back (days of FD or WFD)
    OMD One Meal a Day usually 23:1 Or 20:4
    Feast Day: planned day of eating over TREE
    Refeed follow WFD B2B gradual increase in food

DD, DS, DH Darling Daughter,Son, Husband
    OH, Other Half
    LOL Laughing Out Loud
    EFS Epic Face Stuffing
    Tortoise Club: for those looking weight very very slowly
    Pocket List: put in your pocket list for support
    Challenge: gauntlet thrown down for food or exercise
    Cruella: those pesky scales

Keto, way of eating that generates Ketones
    LC, Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF, Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure

Mari

Day 21, UK, NFD

I’m pleased to announce that I’m at 53 kg now, this morning 🙂 . Almost there reaching my goal for August. Lets see how it goes until the end of the month, I’ll try 💪 🐢 . I think all these inspirational, sunshine songs are helping 🌞

@diana123 enjoy your “me” time, its so necessary for all of us 🙂

Good to see you around @mogaman 😀 , and congrats on your new puppy 🐕

@beedoo I really enjoy reading about your progress but also about your little one hehe 😀

@missybear I’m concentrating hard to direct all the sunshine that there is here your way on Thursday ☀ , how exciting! 😀

@rainbowsmile omg! That tumble sounds nasty 🙁 , are you ok? Hope you recover fast! Sending you a hug and some healing energy 🤗

Have a great day everyone ❤

Day 21 London, UK FD

Feeling much better about my takeaway indulgence this morning. Having just entered maintenance mode, I am still finding my feet with this WOL. I love it and the fact that I CAN enjoy my favourite things and still balance the books, so to speak!

Anyway, thank you @anna6 , @rainbowsmile and @daffodil2010, I’m moving on with a strong B2B before holiday!

@strawberriesandcream I did a quick google on The Plant Paradox and see what you mean – his theory does seem to work for those with certain conditions such as thyroid issues. If lentils and legumes were the enemy for me, I would be a goner!

@babs_b I feel for you. Hope the kitchen refit is complete soon. But how exciting to have a new kitchen to play in!

@missybear Congrats on your new low! I found that my weight settled a bit lower than my original goal weight (and like having that difference as my “wiggle room” as you call it!) so maybe this is the same for you? I am sending all my best sunshine vibes your way for the big day. Enjoy the final build up. Your plans sound wonderful, both before, during and after. Clouds begone!

@lilygorecki Little one made it to 5:20am this morning which is actually an improvement on recent times! Sleep training is well worth the effort. It’s tough for a few days but then magic! We got to a stage when he was 6 months old where he was waking every 45min-1hr from 7am until 5am, when he would start the day. I then understood why sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture. After 3 days of sleep training he was sleeping through from 7am – 5.30/6am which is how it has been until our recent heatwave. We will tackle it once back from holiday…I am so looking forward to being able to sleep again soon!

Your Europe trip sounds wonderful. It would be impossible to go to France and not indulge in all the pastries and wine and cheese….ah! I’m going to France (Lille) with a friend for a couple of nights in early Sept and am so excited (although I must admit that the part I’m most thrilled about is sleep as my husband and little will be staying at home!).

@rainbowsmile I just saw your post about your fall. Sounds painful and I hope no serious damage has been done. Hope you have that foot elevated and don’t need to be on your feet much today. Take care of yourself! Sending healing thoughts your way x PS I hadn’t seen EFS before and the meaning made me laugh!

Thanks for Day 21 pocket list, just removing the question mark as I am firmly on board the FD train today!

@rainbowsmile
    @beedoo
    @babs_b

Day 21 London, UK FD – Reposting this as it seems to have disappeared after an edit!

Feeling much better about my takeaway indulgence this morning. Having just entered maintenance mode, I am still finding my feet with this WOL. I love it and the fact that I CAN enjoy my favourite things and still balance the books, so to speak!

Anyway, thank you @anna6 , @rainbowsmile @shinything and @daffodil2010, I’m moving on with a strong B2B before holiday!

@strawberriesandcream I did a quick google on The Plant Paradox and see what you mean – his theory does seem to work for those with certain conditions such as thyroid issues. If lentils and legumes were the enemy for me, I would be a goner!

@babs_b I feel for you. Hope the kitchen refit is complete soon. But how exciting to have a new kitchen to play in!

@missybear Congrats on your new low! I found that my weight settled a bit lower than my original goal weight (and like having that difference as my “wiggle room” as you call it!) so maybe this is the same for you? I am sending all my best sunshine vibes your way for the big day. Enjoy the final build up. Your plans sound wonderful, both before, during and after. Clouds begone!

@lilygorecki Little one made it to 5:20am this morning which is actually an improvement on recent times! Sleep training is well worth the effort. It’s tough for a few days but then magic! We got to a stage when he was 6 months old where he was waking every 45min-1hr from 7pm until 5am, then he would be ready to start the day. I then understood why sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture. After 3 days of sleep training he was sleeping through from 7pm – 5.30/6am which is how it has been until our recent heatwave. We will tackle it once back from holiday…I am so looking forward to being able to sleep again soon!

Your Europe trip sounds wonderful. It would be impossible to go to France and not indulge in all the pastries and wine and cheese….ah! I’m going to France (Lille) with a friend for a couple of nights in early Sept and am so excited (although I must admit that the part I’m most thrilled about is sleep as my husband and little will be staying at home!).

@rainbowsmile I just saw your post about your fall. Sounds painful and I hope no serious damage has been done. Hope you have that foot elevated and don’t need to be on your feet much today. Take care of yourself! Sending healing thoughts your way x PS I hadn’t seen EFS before and the meaning made me laugh!

Thanks for Day 21 pocket list, just removing the question mark as I am firmly on board the FD train today!

@rainbowsmile
    @beedoo
    @babs_b

Day 21, London, UK, FD Yeah!!!! (1st of B2B2B)

Thank goodness it’s a FD, I woke up this morning in a hot sweat; the runaway out of control carb roller-coaster was threatening to derail at terminal velocity and dump me in a giant bread basket filled with every bread variety from around the globe, warmed to perfection ……………………………….. ok, so my nightmares might be a little different to yours!!!!!!

@at, in answer to your question, yes, I have considered NOT buying the nightmare carbs, LOL!!! I know that my home is completely devoid of red wine simply because …………… if it’s there. I’ll drink it!!! But with carbs I usually have a disciplined approach, so I stockpile (for comfort??) them, but I often end up dumping them in the work kitchen before they go out of date, however, every now and then (I think it’s hormonal!!) the dragon awakens and I haven’t got the strength to put him back in his cage, then it’s a carb binge!!!!!

@rainbowsmile, I hope the injuries are just superficial, feel better soon!!!

@strawberriesandcream, I NEED legumes in my life!!! The key is to soak them (activate them), this releases the phytic acid in the discarded water, makes them easier to cook and digest, same goes for almonds!!!

Just my tuppence worth on soya milk, it’s estrogenic and not a great alternative to cows milk for us ladies (@dykask you’re excused!!!) fermented soya on the other hand is fantastic for our hormonal health. Nut, rice and oat milks taste lovely though!!!!

Keep the faith people, this month is flying by, I’m feeling even more tortoise-like every day!!!!

2nd post

@beedoo I know – I am SO excited for a new kitchen. We rent the place we’re living in so didn’t have much say in what’s getting fitted but the landlord has chosen well and listened to the feedback we gave the fitters and designers. It’s only a small space so they’ve worked in plenty of storage. Very excited!!

@rainbowsmile – good suggestion! I might give a WFD a try. I’ve never done a full WFD before, but I’ve been close on occasion so I might just bite the bullet!

The thesis is all about advertising and humour (I’m doing a Masters degree in Consumer Psychology)… today is my first day analysing all the data I’ve had in from my research and starting to make sense of it all. Though, I have just discovered that about 50 of the responses I’ve had won’t be usable. It’s a bit of a shame, but such is the process of doing research and using web-based surveys to collect data! Looks like I’m going to have to ask a few more people to do it…!

Day 21 – Japan – NFD late … lost my connection for a while

Fast day wasn’t bad, but I overeat today.

Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

Very busy day planned today but it starts with a massage at my gym – never had a massage there before, so will see how conditions and masseuse are. It’s a “new client” special, so worth the try. That will be followed by blood donation, teeth cleaning, then seeing a show (“Forever Plaid”) at our local theater tonight. Supper will be with a good choir friend.

@shinything – just love your dress! Those colors and style are so attractive!

@strawberriesandcream – glad to read I’m not the only one who is OCD about color. I follow the USA Southern tradition (mah muh-thuh wuz from Alabama) of only wearing white shoes in June-August. I know, I know…. I’m old fashioned. (and old!)

@rainbowsmile – seeing the whole list of abbreviations we use was terrific! I also use MFP for My Fitness Pal. And I coined DAFD (DayAfterFD) that is often a Feast Day! Hope you’re recuperating well from your fall.

@babs_b – wishing you the best on your data analysis and completing your masters. I still remember well doing my Ph.D. research… huge steps but well worth the efforts!

Onward and downward

Hi y’all from Texas….
    It’s been awhile since my last post. I’ve had a couple of weeks of emotional ups and downs.

My friend who was in the hospital passed away on the 9th and although I know she is so much better now, she was only 45 and her illness came on so suddenly it has just been really hard to process.

My 2 beautiful granddaughters, 9yrs and 4 yrs, whom I have had legal guardianship since June 2016 have both just started back to school so now I have a little more time to focus on myself.

I am holding steady with my weight so I guess I haven’t done too bad but hoping to get back to my walking and working in my yard so we shall see what the rest of the month holds.

I am trying to get caught up on all of your posts so I can revel in your successes.

Glad to be back and working on a FD!

Onward and Downward my friends🦄

Day 21, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Day 21, Surrey (UK), NFD

Just checking in after yesterday’s FD, which was a good one for me at well under 500 calories, in spite of the persistent chest infection. So, there’s something new I’ve learned. I CAN do FDs, even when under the weather. Feeling slightly better today, so at least it hasn’t harmed me.

@rainbowsmile – sorry to hear about your fall. Take care and keep the ice packs/ frozen peas coming!

Day 21 Idaho USA Warrior FD

Finally the scales have shown a good loss for all this work! I admit I weigh in more than once a week, but I only record once a week for the trend. -3.8 since last weigh in which was a maintain.

I have been so lax in exercise lately. Still so smokey I cannot go out, but I just hate to do treadmill or dvd work this time of year as it’s all I do for months during the winter. I’m going to have to bite the bullet and just do it! – so that’s my commitment today. Don’t know which, dvd or treadmill, but I will do something tonight!

I love looking at the dress links too. I’m such a dress girl. I don’t wear them as much as I’d like these days though, our office is air conditioned and often I am too cold for dresses, even with jackets. I do ok with leggings and boots and jacket, but that seems silly when it’s 80-90 degrees outside! 🙂

@babs_b – the kitchen changes will be amazing I’m sure, but that would definitely be difficult, both in making good choices and having food staring at you all day! It’s great that you are working so hard at it!

@missybear – praying for sunshine for you. How neat that your witnesses are celebrating a milestone so close to your own wedding. What a great way to celebrate! Could you skip breakfasts easily enough during your wedding week, or will those be social too?

@rainbowsmile – oh no! no injuries allowed. 🙁

@songbirdme – your day out sounds so lovely. I’ve never had a massage either. I’ll be curious to know what you think!

@rara0292 – I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that the emotions roll over each other. Thinking of you today. I’m glad you have a little time now with the girls in school. Just about 2 weeks until my own head back!

@redrockgirl302 – how are you? Seems like you are staying on track but busy?

@rainbowsmile
    @beedoo
    @babs_b
    @flourbaby b2b2b
    @rara0292 (?)
    @foodfreedomgirl – warrior

Day 21 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Feeling really sad right now. My MIL has not eaten or gotten out of bed for the past two days. We are having Hospice come in today. It is so hard to watch someone suffer. Hoping they can help us help her and bring her some comfort.

Keeping the faith that the universe knows what and where we need to be in life. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Second post ….

@songbirdme its not my dress, I think you meant @at‘s dress, or maybe @rainbowsmile‘s, both are so pretty 🙂

@rara0292 I’m so sorry to hear about your friend’s passing 🙁 , I lost a close friend to cancer when she was only 40 years old, so I know the pain. May she RIP. Sending you a virtual hug 🤗 , stay strong.

@diana123 so sorry to hear that your MIL is feeling worse and suffering, I’ll keep you in my prayers 🙏

Day 21 second post

seems to have turned into an unexpected fd today, having just had a rice salad with eggs, peas, tomatoes, beet and cucumber total 390 calories. Still having a think about whether or not to eat any more, or to take it and go… Got some plenty of wiggle room for berries, yogurt and cacao. Amazing the effect of WFD on my appetite….

Having a real downer after a difficult situation reappeared. I don’t seem to have the mental strength i expected, perhaps bc it’s day 2 but also bc I don’t know what to do. I seem to have got a bit stuck in anxiety mode and not responded at all – or indeed been able to do anything else. This is not usual me, so i’m not sure what’s going on here.

@rainbowsmile so sorry you have had a fall, and hope you feel better v soon with no lasting effects. I find arnica tablets work well for me, both for the shock of falling and to reduce bruising. I hope you have ready access to whatever works well for you xx
    Pau d’arco tea sounds amazing – thank you! I think the couch to 5K person was @lilygorecki rather than me; I’m definitely not a running person, even at the first attempt!
    babs_b i hope your kitchen work goes smoothly and well and you find a temporary routine that works for you in the meantime, particular for FDs. Is there somewhere else you could be writing up?
    @missybear all my sunshiny thoughts are heading your way. Hope you have a really wonderful wedding week, with so much to celebrate! xx
    @rara0292 so very sorry for your loss x
    @diana123 so sorry about your mother-in-law. I hope she is more comfortable very soon, and will remember you both my prayers x

Day 21, Gozo, Malta, fd

Today I weighed at 78.5 kilos. Thanks Rainbowsmile for your encouragement. I need to see it as a long term loss, you’re right.

Today I fasted at 800 calories. I had a sensitive tooth which got painful when I ate an apple. So my daughter told me to hurry to the dentist and he found a hole in it and filled it. Tomorrow the swell I have in my mouth will get to normal and won’t be uncomfortable.

Good night 💤😴🌙 everyone, onwards and downwards.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 883 total)

You must be logged in to reply.