August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

This topic contains 880 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  mishty 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 883 total)

• Day 18 country West Australia NFD
    Day 17 ( OOC NFD!)
    Day 16 NFD
    Day 15 NFD

MY how quickly the days go by.

Yesterday’s possible FD quickly became a NFD – and then some! Went to Albany ( lovely coastal town ) 200 kms away to get the car serviced.
    The courtesy car driver dropped us at ‘ a really nice French Cafe’.
    Oh Dear!! Freshly cooked pastries, delicious coffee and a whole day to kill….
    Let’s just say that the chef really knew how to make croissants, chocolate croissants, escargots, pecan plaits etc. You get the drift.
    Walked off a modicum of pastry with a 5 km walk up the hill from town to the Anzac Memorial with a fabulous view over the harbour.
    Now have DD and her fiancé staying and just about to put on a roast leg of lamb with wattle seed coating ( bought the wattle seed form aforementioned cafe yesterday)

Hmmm… as my DS said, I will have to start some serious ‘wedding shredding’.
    Have just noticed the time and realised that I have spent an hour and a half catching up on posts as a beautiful sunny winter’s day beckons.
    Congratulations to all who have kicked the smoking habit. The health benefits can be enormous.
    Never been a smoker myself and know that nicotine is one of the most addictive substances in the world, but I did used to get a tad annoyed when I went out with friends who smoked and I ended the night smelling of smoke in my clothes and hair.
    @michelinme your home made products sound fabulous.
    @daffodil123 so glad work is going well to date. Hope it continues.
    Have forgotten who the bird lovers are on this thread but it is lovely to hear about other birds. WE have the most beautiful little blue wrens with males an iridescent blue, red capped robins and robin redbreasts along with a myriad other birds which we love. The garden is a pretty wild , untamed affair ( mainly due to a lack of time rather than design!) but we grow corridors of trees along our fence lines to make it easier and safer for our birds to get from one place to another.
    He’d to get up early yesterday for the sojourn to Albany ( 2 hour trip) and the dawn chorus was simply amazing.
    Good day all. ( Hope to finish the rest of the posts late in the day – the roast calls. Think lunch is going to be late.)😅

second post – didn’t mean to write ‘ we ‘ in capitals.
    Looks like I was trying to be a bit emphatic but definitely not the case.
    Would have edited but have lost too many posts when editing so second posting instead.

Day 18, Newcastle UK, NFD

Off to have a gait analysis, buy some new running shoes and start ‘Couch to 5k’.

“There are good ships, there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea. But the best ships are friendships and may they always be.” – Author unknown

Wishing you all a good weekend.

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Great day yesterday, really enjoyed work, then DH brought me out to dinner to celebrate my first week, lots of wine 🍷☺️

Planning to chill out today. Maybe the cinema this afternoon, maybe not.

@lilymartin I loved reading about your birds in Western Australia….blue wrens! That has reminded me that I have often seen a tiny bird with an iridescent blue breast flying under the bridge which leads into our village. It’s so fast that I have never seen it when it’s not on the fly…..I wonder if it’s a blue wren? Must check to see if we have blue wrens in Ireland.

Have a great Saturday everyone

Day 18 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Raining here today and I’m tempted to just sit and cosy up with a book but I really should do some house chores and the activities of @dykask and @strawberriesandcream this morning have made me feel like a lazy lump so…….music on, duster here I come……get those calories burning!!

Day 17 – USA – NFD
    Day 18 – USA – NFD

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Had only 1 FD this week, but below goal weight, so happily and cautiously in maintenance now. I will attempt 2 a week, but I’ll do 1 for now and see how it goes. I have been at or under TDEE lately on NFDs, so maybe 1 FD will do it. Thinking out loud!

Day 18 London UK NFD

Didn’t get to log in yesterday and have lost track of posts! Will catch up at leisure at some point I hope.

I found that I was still losing weight and was 48.9kg on Wed (goal weight was 50kg). Not sure I want to lose anymore, just desperate to tone up which will come with the exercise I’m doing and with time I hope. So, I’ve been logging what I’m eating and keeping within TDEE. 49kg this morning. Feels good and although a bit lower than planned, I think this is where I’m meant to be. Maintenance will require trial and error, I think. I like doing two 500 cal fast days a week, so will play around will calorie intake on the other days until I find the right balance.

On that note, @metatauta Congrats on reaching your goal (it’s still such a great feeling isn’t it?! I still pinch myself and my mind is yet to catch up with my body!) and a belated very happy birthday to you! I’ll be interested to read how you find maintenance and hope we can support each other as newbies to it!

@moukinator Your thing about the dress from 5kg ago not fitting right anymore, I’m having lots of that at the moment too. But I good problem to have! Really want to buy some new stuff but have a bit of a mental block. Like when I put on weight and didn’t want to buy a size (or two!) up. It’s weird.

@missybear I’m with you! Little one is down for his nap, it’s drizzly in London and just perfect for a lazy day. But a mountain of laundry beckons as does packing for 10 days in Ireland. We leave early on Thursday and I won’t have much of a chance after the weekend. Am taking half an hour for myself now to catch up here!

@daffodil2010 congratulations on reaching end of week one. What a world apart from your experience of a few weeks ago at your old work place. I love it when things work out like this. Enjoy cinema if you go and do let us know what you see. I got round to seeing the second Mamma Mia movie recently. Laughed and cried and sang (in my head!)! Everyone in the theatre applauded at the end. Such a feel good movie (despite Pierce Brosnan’s singing 😂).

@strawberriesandcream good luck with couch to 5k. I did it a few years ago and loved it. It’s amazing how quickly you can work up to 5k. My shoddy left knee means I’ve decided to hang up my trainers. I stick to walking lots now but oh I do miss going for a run. Enjoy running shoe shopping!

@rainbowsmile great question re cravings! I think someone else mentioned almonds. Along the same lines I crave raw nuts. Not bad as there are lots of benefits but my problem is not knowing when to stop!

@diana123 I was so sorry to read about your MILs fall. Health is everything. I hope you and your husband are able to find a way forward that can work for you all.

@michelinme congrats on your new low and losing a whole inch. That’s fantastic!

@lilygorecki I’m the one boring you all with stories of my 2 year olds sleepless nights! The weather is much better now but our heatwave went on for so long that his night time wakings have become a habit. I need to do some sleep training but with us going away in a five days time which will throw him off again I just don’t have it in me! Going to tackle it when we get back. During the heatwave we had a friends father over on a golfing holiday from Adelaide. He said 30 something degrees in London felt like 40c does in Adelaide. I was glad to hear it wasn’t just me being a wimp!
    Ps I love Melbourne. It’s 9 years since I spent some time there but I have wonderful memories of balmy days and glorious evenings spent at rooftop bars! That was when I was footloose and fancy free!!

Right my half hour is more than up. Housework calls. Such a bore!

Happy Saturday everyone. Together we are stronger!

Day 18, Gozo, Malta, cd

Yesterday I didn’t manage to post. Yesterday was mor of a cd than fd. I ate around 950 calories. Today the scales were down another 0.5 kilos. I weigh 68.8 kilos now.

Today I mean to have a cd if not a fd. I ate 535 calories up till now. I had baked fish and a salad plus two coffees with semi skimmed milk and honey plus four tiny figs. I’ll have around 303 calories for one packet bake rolls or a Greek fruit yogurt at 119 calories this evening to try to make it a fd.

I hope you all have a great Saturday. Enjoy the weekend and keep on keeping on.

Day 18 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Went over TDEE a bit yesterday with the SIL bringing home In-And-Out burgers with french fries for everyone for supper. Of course, I had a beer with that meal!

Shortly it will be 8:18 on 8.18.18. – people are making a deal out of folks getting married today!

onward and downward —

Day 18, London, UK, FD,

Ok, OK, OK, I’ll admit it ……………………………. There was wine with the Italian meal last night!!! Just the one (Who knew I could slowly sip wine???), but still, it all counts!!! I’m not sure why I thought I could go wine free at a meal out ……………………………. Willpower is NOT my forte!!! One look at the wine menu and I was done for!!!!! I’m not beating myself up about it, but my food penance is a super strict, coffee, water & soup FD today.

Last night & an early hairdressers appointment this morning have combined to make me feel like I need a toddler-style afternoon nap, I’ll catch-up on posts later, I hope everyone is having a controlled weekend so far. @penz are you staying mindful???

Stay strong everyone, tomorrow is another day after-all!!!!!!

Day 18 UK CD

Yesterday was inside TDEE so good enough, but ate something that made my abdomen swell up so much I thought it would pop! Must have been either parsnip & nut burgers or cauldron sausages – tho don’t normally have a problem with them. And I’d only cooked them to keep the roast garlic company! But those burgers are off my list now bc it felt much more like eating carb than protein.

Didn’t help myself bc followed with a supper of mozzarella, avocado and tomato on toast. And finished up with a thrown together chocolate & coconut mug cake (raw cacao, ground almonds, baking powder, vanilla, egg, cinnamon, almond milk, honey and just a little dessicated coconut) – delicious 🙂

Finished the roast garlic and apple chutney quite late – partly bc I’d made a double batch to use up the huge haul of windfall apples, now thankfully gone, which has made 4kg chutney. Added to the two earlier batches that’s about 8kg in 4 days – no wonder i was so tired this week! My freezer is full of blackberries but they can stay there for a while until I’ve got more energy.

Got hugely breathless and unbelivably tired yesterday after spending 45 mins on the phone yesterday so won’t be doing that again in a hurry! Did some useful reading up about post-pneumonia rehab and discovered that v slow recovery from breathlessness and fatigue is hugely common. Made me feel v much better, as well as a bit down. Going to need to be super careful with commitments, self-care and support over the next 6 weeks.

Eggs hard boiling, some tired bedding and a new but wrong-colour-for-me dress dyeing in the washing machine, clothes laid out for tomorrow – now for gentle yoga and meditation and beginning of a quiet afternoon ahead of early bed and first trip to town in 3 wks. May spend 30 mins in the garden harvesting elderberries tho, otherwise the woodpigeons will have eaten them all 🙂

Loved reading the long chatty posts today – thank you @lilygorecki @lilymartin and @beedoo 🙂
    @daffodil2010 enjoy your lazy Saturday – you’ve earned it! So happy for you 🙂
    @metatauta belated birthday wishes, and many happy returns 🙂

Wishing you all a happy and helpful weekend xx

Day 18, Guildford UK, NFD

So tomorrow I start again fasting. I have a wedding next Saturday so I am likely to have a sip of champagne, don’t know if that counts if it’s only a sip. But my August abstaining may be broken so I will make 1 Sept the 32 August!

I join the exercisers today, spin and body pump and a stretch class…..

————————-

@michelinme I love long chatty posts especially at the weekends, it so cheers me up and encourages me to go and exercise.

@flourbaby and @daffodil2010, that vino gets it’s sneaky way in to our glasses. I absolutely don’t know how that works.

@songbirdme those numbers must mean something won’t come round for 100 years again. And after 23 what next?

@anna6 those meals sound so healthy!

@beedoo I am bulking up for two weeks getting ready for a September thread. Did someone mention Gillian shredding as challenge for September? If not may I be the first please? I will dust off that DVD…….
    Bulking up means adding muscle but that can’t happen on FDs. I aim to add at least 1.5 lbs of muscle in August.

@missybear I hope today’s sunshine dose makes you move your footsies in time to the beat.

@lilymartin I love the sound of a French cafe, cheeeeeeeeeeeese and vino come to mind

@basyjames almonds aren’t odd as a craving at all, they have lots of insol7ble fibre that gut biomes love lots and lots. And I understand these gut biomes feed off the fats themselves releasing lots of nutritional goodies for the body.

@fatfingers lots of mojo for August, swing along and get that positive dose of optimism and sunshine. Let the yellow drive away the blue.

I am also in the tortoise club, my fat loss is sooooooo slow. Where do I sign up please @cornish-jane are you membership secretary?

@shinything I am waiving the winners banner can you hear me saying congrats!

@lilygorecki, two year olds can be well two years old. That’s challenging of course and I am so glad that you are feeling supported.

————————————-

Today’s sunshine

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FscIgtDJFXg

Especially for those struggling with vino and our lovely @fatfingers a special dedication with rainbows….

Please see clearly now….

————————————–

Haven’t spotted any FD today but there are some CFDers!

@ccco and @dykask where are you? Are you fasting today?

Mari

Day 18, Idaho, USA CNFD

Yay for breakfast! lol. Just finished some scrambled eggs with a little mozzarella cheese and cherries. I really do love this plan I’m on, but by Saturday I’m definitely excited for breakfast. Now to stay mindful all day!

Back to school shopping with my older two kids today. Then my youngest and his best-buddy/cousin head out on a vacation week at the Oregon coast with the grandparents. Going to be a little different without him this week!

The little bit of rain we had a couple of days ago helped a lot with clearing the skies so I ran intervals with a friend this morning. I am definitely not running near as much this summer as I typically do, but did start a dvd workout program a couple of days ago that is easier to do at any time of day (hot summer) or when it’s smokey. I need to stop making excuses! My body craves movement as I am another of the desk-job crowd.

Yay for running @Strawberriesandcream! My friend did couch to 5k in 2012 and went on to complete both half and full marathons since!

@songbirdme – another fun one for dates, I had twins on 2-22-2002! Seriously. 🙂

@michelinme – do you make elderberry syrup? I’ve read about it recently and people use that daily through winter to ward off illness?

Day 18 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

I would like to thank everyone for the well wishes for my MIL. She is still very sore, we are so grateful she didn’t break anything. She went to her doctors yesterday for follow up. We have signed her up for a medical alert program. That way if she falls again she can push her necklace or bracelet and I work 4 miles away. I think after the first of the year I will quit my job to care for her. If she has to pay for home health care then she can just pay me.

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis Have a great Saturday everyone.

2nd post

Today ended as a cd. I ate around 1,100 calories. I simply couldn’t stop eating figs from our garden. They were so sweet and delicious that I ate nine figs this evening together with a yogurt.

3rd post

Metatauta happy belated birthday 🎁 many happy returns.

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Day 18, UK, accidental CD

I woke up feeling really rough and with cold like symptoms this morning, feeling so sleepy and tired. My body demanded more rest so I went back to sleep, and woke up after 12pm 😮 . It did me good and I felt better, but the half of the day was gone, and by the time I had my lunch it was already very late. Skipped breakfast altogether, and since I had chicken soup and home made apple crumble I will keep up and have a CD day today. Its nice when it catches you by surprise 🙂

@lilygorecki welcome to our August challenge , ‘I can eat that tomorrow’ always helps me too, that and (if its evening) brushing my teeth, that is a great tip! Because once you brush your teeth you don’t want to eat till the morning 🙂

@lilymartin you have some very cool birds in your garden 😍, I love listening to birds singing in the morning 😀

@anna6 good to hear that you are doing well and the weight is coming down, we like that 😀

@michelinme I can understand the frustration of long recovery and having to be careful, but its crucial that we give our bodies a chance to use all the energy for healing, so resting and taking things slow are of the utmost importance in times like that. Take it easy and you will speed up your recovery 🤗

@rainbowsmile I felt your support yesterday in crisis and it helped, you are such a good hostess 😎

Have a great day/evening everyone 🌻

Day 18 – Eastern WA USA – ?

Trying to determine what today will be. It’s already almost 2:30 PM and haven’t eaten. So at least the eating window will be shorter.

@foodfreedomgirl – what is your present plan? You may have mentioned it but I don’t recall. I’m feeling rather unstructured right now. I think I need to make a plan. This week I had a great LFD and then yesterday I ate 2 meals & today the scale was up. I’m feeling frustrated.

Planning to keep hanging in there with this wonderful forum!

Day 19 NSW Australia NFD
    (8am Sunday)

Hi everyone. Just checking in.
    Enjoying reading all your great posts – inspirational and informative!

Have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday.
    Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

@annemarilyn – I am doing a 4 hour feeding window Mon-Friday. Some people call it OMAD, one meal a day, but I eat an apple on the way home, usually have a large salad when I get home, then dinner with the family 1 1/2 hours later. Definitely doesn’t seem right to call it one meal. 😉. I don’t count calories at all, but try to be mindful that the things I am eating are nourishing my body, not just filling it. Not perfect, made popcorn last night, probably not a lot of nutrients in that, but the rest if what I ate was. So far it’s working well.
    3 weeks in, no huge losses, but one notch tighter on my belt, slacks in my “I can zip but wouldn’t wear in public” pile are now hanging in the closet ready to wear. Pulled out a goal dress I bought 3 years ago and it’s so close now!
    I am also feeling content with the plan. Fridays are the hardest. Last week I ended 2 hours early on Friday, 18/6.
    Only 3 weeks in, will have to take it one week at a time, but I can see myself sticking with this until goal, then maybe expanding the window?

I don’t remember what LFD is???

Still day 18 –
    @foodfreedomgirl – LFD = liquid fast day. Thanks for sharing your present plan.

Day 19, UK, NFD

Running shoes, socks, decent earphones all purchased. Having vowed at least 30 years ago that I would never run again, I’m feeling pleasantly excited about the whole thing. The ‘Couch to 5K’ programme has 3 runs per week for 9 weeks, so it makes sense to run Monday, Wednesday, Friday which coincides with my Mon/Wed FD schedule.

@flourbaby – as @rainbowsmile suggests – just extend August into September as far as abstinence goes. As for myself – you may have noticed I’ve kept pretty quiet about the whole thing. No I have not touched wine – but the occasional beers have been enjoyed.

Keep on keeping on – and remember – flexibility is the key to success.

Day 19, London, UK, NFD

Stupidly started snacking yesterday in front of the telly, nothing done in terms of housework or exercise, just mindless snacking so it was a NFD…………….. of the ‘Not – so – great’ type!!!

I’ll try to be controlled today and actually eat something green!!!!

@strawberriesandcream, unfortunately I had already planned to skip the last day of August as I’ll be on a 4 day sailing trip ………….. that doesn’t sound particularly safe!!! I mean dinners planned once docked IN the harbour will probably contain wine!!! So maybe August will just be 95% Dry …… for both of us!!!
    I’m not sure about September, maybe I could just be booze-savvy and control my intake???
    Way to go with the running plan, it’s something I’ve never considered, maybe in a few -lbs time ………I must think of my dodgy knee!!!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!!!

Day 19, Brighton UK, FD

Starting several FD b2b. Normal 500 cal FD!

I have finished bulking week. Starting shredding week. Adding Tabata exercise this week. Going to do this on a spin bike to save my knees.

Dancing twice this week not my usual 4 times a week.

I am in size 10 trousers but size 12 to 14 tops. No change to HP Moustache tummy. Legs looking great and bum getting higher. That’s working well for me but still got the muffin top from hell.

————

Where are all my lovely team this weekend, I miss you all and want to know how things are with you. I fret and concern myself about my favourite thread team. I love the encouragement.

The month is working through very fast and my time as hostess is beginning to work to the end of the month. It is important that this team has the most amazing goals achieved whatever they are, losing fat, gaining muscle, holding on, maintaining or simply getting through without too much destruction. Even establishing a WOL lost.

@flourbaby I love the idea of a period or number of days achieved for a goal, we might say the 80:20 rule? Or the 5:2 abstain plan?

@strawberriesandcream they do say that exercise on FD burns more calories.

@foodfreedomgirl the idea of ‘I can zip but not wear in public’ is so perfect for me. I am going to adopt that. Sounds like you are doing a warrior style system to great effect, whatever works for you is fantastic.

@arelkade thanks for popping in on a Sunday.

@shinything you paid it forward already, standing here holding tight. Every day is a special day moving you towards your goals.

@anna6 figs are so so yummy. I adore them.

@diana123 you and MIL are in my votive each day still. I am glad she is on the mend.

@annemarilyn understand your frustration but the gain is likely water. Chin up and know the process works. Give you great big virtual hug.

—————————-

Today’s sunshine is dedicated to everyone who has posted and even more so to those who may post.
    A little bit of fun and fluff to boost endorphins.

https://youtu.be/BPiW0tkWfeg

——————————–

Today’s pocket list

@rainbowsmile

Mari

I just checked through making sure everything was covered.

Discovered the big internet in the sky actually dissolved a post. It’s gone……

And that post had Aretha Franklin Sunshine in it to celebrate a wonderful singer…..

https://youtu.be/lLgD-M7lhNQ

https://youtu.be/-x5wxciBTc4

https://youtu.be/uguScvZfnhg

So the playlist, if you feel like eating the wrong thing, headphones on and dance instead……

Mari

Day 19, UK, NFD

Its been another busy day and skipped breakfast altogether, not complaining 🙂
    Sensible lunch too, so all is good. On my way out to meet a friend so that might change 😂

@rainbowsmile i love David Guetta – Lovers On The Sun! 💃 💃 Its one of my all time favs and always lifts my mood 😀 , thank you ❤

RIP Aretha Franklin ❤

I’ll try post more later when I get back.

Have a good day everyone and stay the course 🌹

Day 19 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

Just popping in to add myself to the Day 19 Pocket List:
    @rainbowsmile
    @moukinator

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Haven’t even attempted fasting this week, I did mean to but…
    anyway, tomorrow starts another week and it’s START AGAIN!

Day 19 Wales NFD

Late and meant to be quick check in today, but I just got distracted by the wonderful playlist for today…..thanks @rainbowsmile you truly are a fabulous host.

Eating healthily today to put me in a good place for my Monday FD tomorrow.

Happy Sunday everyone xx

Day 19 UK NFD

Yesterday nearly turned into an unplanned FD but after a late surge ended a very good CD at c1100 (my TDEE is 1550). Today is being a determined 16:8 NFD – thus far I’ve enjoyed a large salad with mozzarella and some cheeky treat gf crackers with peanut butter and strawberries. (V Tempted in supermarket, nearly bought sweets but came away with cream crackers, tomatoes and strawberries)

First trip into town today, well-planned tho not enough sleep. Made time for a short yoga stretch this morning and left in plenty of time so not stressful. Lots of lovely connecting conversations and coffee, v glad I went. Also managed to get home – via the supermarket.

Enjoyed sitting in the shady back garden eating a v late lunch/early supper and catching up on posts along with butterflies and birds. Did a bit of routine project work to get me gently back in the swing but programme crashed so lost all my edits!

Going to water the pots and run a bath – even tho it’s only 6pm! Aiming for PJs and a small something at 8pm, then lounging with knitting and a film or book, asleep by 10pm. This is where good Mondays are made 🙂

Wishing you all a gentle Sunday evening x

Day 19, Idaho USA CNFD.

I am home for the day without a lot to do. It feels strange to not be running around with too much on my plate. Maybe I will look for a good movie to watch while doing a bit of handwork.

Chilly morning for this time of year. I picked up a couple of sweaters at the second hand stores yesterday, just starting to prep my closet for fall and ended up wearing one already! This weather is making me want soups and stews and some type of pumpkin bread!

It sounds like most of you are gearing up for a great Monday! It’s crazy how August has flown by.

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Day 19, second post

We went for a 14km hike yesterday, which ended with Fish & Chips – very happy to say that neither of us was able to finish our portion, so we have a whole fish leftover.

Today is our monthly weigh-in and the weight loss is definitely slowing down, but I was under 70kg so very pleased. We went out in the afternoon and very nearly succumbed to temptation to have burgers! Fiance kept us on the right path and is currently making us lentils with rice for dinner, so it should be a successful FD. I am starving.

Hope you’re all enjoying your Sunday!

Day 19, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Today I ate out twice. I had a half roll from subway with steak and cheese plus one Indian milk sweet for lunch. Then in the evening I had three flaky spicy chicken wings which my son left from southern fried chicken, a salmon and prawn salad and a half portion baked cheese cake when I went out to a nearby restaurant with my sister in law.

I hope I didn’t go over tdee much.

This morning I weighed at 67.5 kilos only 0.3 kilos more before going on the cruise on 8 August.

Tomorrow I’m going to fast. Rainbowsmile you’re right figs are so yummy.

Good evening/night everyone.

Day 19, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Today I ate out twice. I had a half roll from subway with steak and cheese plus one Indian milk sweet for lunch. Then in the evening I had three flaky spicy chicken wings which my son left from southern fried chicken, a salmon and prawn salad and a half portion baked cheese cake when I went out to a nearby restaurant with my sister in law.

I hope I didn’t go over tdee much.

This morning I weighed at 67.5 kilos only 0.3 kilos more

before going on the cruise on 8 August.

Tomorrow I’m going to fast. Rainbowsmile you’re right figs are so yummy.

Good evening/night everyone. Keep on keeping on

Second post …

I had a dinner with my friend, but still around my TDEE so thats good 🙂

I know we have a bit of time still, but who is hosting the September challenge? 🤔

Have a good evening everyone 🤗

Day 19 – UK – FD (800cals)
    Day 18 – NFD 😈

Busy weekend with yesterday being a bit of a Feast Day but all so enjoyable…….

Today I was doing timings at the end of a Fell Race and even though it was a drizzly day it was great fun, with the runners as always so grateful to the marshalls – I surprised myself and ended up with an 800cal FD!

So I’m now tucked up in bed and catching up on the forum to remove all thoughts of temptation……..

I have to admit to my fellow August Abstainers that I slid rather badly on both Friday and Saturday but am now aiming to stay alcohol free until Friday when OH and I are going to a Jazz Evening which includes a meal and I’m pretty sure I will be sipping on a glass or two of some lovely red 🍷whilst immersing myself into the music

I keep reminding myself at how lucky I am to have found this WOL that has allowed me to lose weight and most importantly to keep it off and still enjoy good food and wine! I am not saying it is easy but it is very doable……..

I also found a lovely day dress for my DD’s wedding – OH thought I looked fab in it and DD saw it this morning and said it was a “me” dress – I already have some lovely shoes and a matching handbag that will go with the dress so that’s me all sorted out – DD and I have booked to have our hair done together on the morning of her wedding – she is so happy and looking forward to her day ❤️

@lilygorecki – I find it so much easier to open 2 windows of the forum on my laptop – I read from one and comment on the other. I’m with you in that when I struggle on a FD logging on to the forum and reading and commenting on posts certainly helps a lot – how wonderful that you have already passed your August goal – keep going and you will have a new low by the end of this challenge x
    @lilymartin – French pastries are so yum and hard to resist….I love freshly made ones with a great cup of coffee……and your roast lamb sounds delicious too!
    @Strawberriesandcream – good luck with your ‘Couch to 5k’ – I would love to try that one day soon……
    @daffodil2010 – so good to hear how great your first week in the new job went and certainly deserved some celebration – what a lovely DH to organise that xx
    @metatauta and @beedoo – the wonderful part of maintenance is that you can be more flexible in how you manage your week but it is really important to remain vigilant or those lbs/kg will creep back…..You have all the tools that this WOL has taught you so remember them and use them.
    @rainbowsmile – I look out for your daily dose of sunshine – thank you for cheering us all up with them x
    @ciren2 – Join me on a FD tomorrow?

Adding myself to today’s Pocket List – short one
    @rainbowsmile
    @moukinator
    @at – 800cal – will do another one tomorrow!

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 20 – Japan – FD 81.0kg

Working on water fast #57 in 2018. I’m behind where I should be. However I’m happy with where my body is at. My belly fat is closer to belly loose skin. Still hides the abs … 🙁

Day 19 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Posting late but better late than never. Kept it about a 17:7 with pretty good choices.

Thanks for more sunshine @rainbowsmile!

@dyask – 57 WF and you’re behind? What is your goal?

Tomorrow I’m planning a LFD.

My son got the TV working but not the wifi so far. Will have to call the cable company. Looking forward to getting the computer set up.

Day 20 FD country West Australia
    Day 19 NFD

Like many others I am trying to keep the hunger pangs at bay by reading posts on this thread.
    I have done the ironing, walked the dog and it is such a beautiful sunny winter’s day that I would love to be in the garden but have to work an afternoon shift.

Several coffees, teas and glasses of water consumed but …. I did have to have a cruskit with a scrape of peanut paste as I am felling SOOOO hungry.
    And still have half the day to go!!
    @dykask, the number of water fasts you complete is truly amazing.
    I have tried many times but get such bad migraines that keep me out of action for days that I have admitted defeat and have white/ black tea/ coffee and a modicum of food under 500 calories on FDs.
    @strawberriesandcream I have often though about doing a couch to 5 km but haven’t got past the thought.
    Isn’t it ‘ the thought that counts ‘ ??
    If so I have done many many more things than seem possible!

Day 20 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Enjoying reading everyone’s posts! It’s taken me a few days on and off but i’ve made it! And i’ve been a tad hungry today, so all of the encouraging words are just what i needed on a difficult fast day.

My weigh in last week was surprising, lost just over 1kg in the week! so i’m very close to the August goal (0.2kg to go) – the real test will be whether i can stick to it, and not undo all the good work…

Was over in Adelaide for the weekend visiting my grandma and some friends, was able to be very moderate with what I ate (including some dark chocolate, i’ve realised that making the switch from milk to dark is what i need to do to prevent the spiraling binge!!!).

Will weigh in later this week, so fingers crossed things are still heading south – my body is looking good this week, so i’m happy with where things are at, even if the weight doesnt drop much 🙂

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Gretta

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    Day 19 – EFS 😱

Argh, I am so bloated this morning, and the scales are decidedly shockingly mean….I am 130lbs after the weekend, a 5lb gain 😱 My tum is sticking out over the band of my skirt 😨

So today’s FD will be mainly liquid focused, lots of water, detoxing teas, and a good long walk at lunchtime. I will bring a small oat bran bread sandwich for lunch but will plan not to eat it…it’s only for an emergency (and I think I can hold off after a year doing this WOL)

I will NOT recount what I stuffed my face with over the weekend but suffice to say I feel it today. I feel like a blimp!!!

So, focus on the FD. Day 20 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @gretta

@2nd post

I’m trying for 90 water fasts in 2018. Things that interfere is when I’m traveling on business and a few family related events. For me it is actually easier to water fast than try to get by on a low number of calories per day. I find that eating stimulates my appetite at least to a degree.

Yesterday I had a mixed up schedule because my son needed to get to a multiple day test. Because of timing we ended up eating an brunch. So when I woke up early I only eat a light breakfast which was a mistake. After the brunch I still felt hungry even though by amount of food eaten I shouldn’t have. Throughout the afternoon I had 3 or 4 stacks and ended up having a greasy Taco Bell dinner with my daughter. (There are now six Taco Bells in Tokyo and my daughter loves them.) I probably eat about 1/3 more than normal. My standard eating pattern is large (100g+ of oatmeal sweetened with lots of fruit) that that seems to greatly slow down my eating. Not everyone is the same, just how it works for me. So I’m better off eating or not eating but I don’t do well in the middle.

Adding lilymartin. Day 20 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @lilymartin

Day 20 – NFD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

3rd day in a row under 70kg! So pleased…

We go on holiday in two days and I really don’t want to put back all of the weight we have worked so hard to lose, but I’m really not sure how we will be able to maintain the 5:2 while we are away, as we are visiting family. While they are happy with our achievements so far, they are not always understanding or supportive of the method…

I will aim for 2 FD, but will be happy with CD to be honest. I’m trying to think if there is anything that we can avoid, but to be honest a part of me is so looking forward to all of the food we will be eating, because it is so delicious and it’s food that we only ever eat while we are with our families. So I don’t know, maybe I just need to mentally accept that our 10 day holiday will be a break from this WOL and simply plan to hit the rest button when we get back.

Hopefully the ‘easy on easy off’ theory will prove correct…

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Day 20 UK FD

It was the OH’s birthday at the weekend so unfortunately I overindulged on pretty much everything, naughty Sarah! ☹

But I did do my exercise every day and today is a fast day so hopefully I can get back on track. The only problem is I am already struggling as I woke up really hungry.

Day 20 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob

Day 20, London, UK, NFD

Really looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow so I can start my B2B2B …………………… there are far too many carbs in the house right now!!!!! I think the carb-tastic Italian meal on Friday awakened, then released the carb dragon who I had, quite successfully, sedated & chained up in the basement behind the 9” steel door with the triple padlocks!!!!! Oh, the carb-dragons roar is calling me home!!!!!!!

@lilymartin, I’m keeping that sentiment –If it’s the thought that counts then I’ve done loads more than seems possible!!!!!

@rainbowsmile, loving your enthusiastic supportive & sunny posts!!!!

Don’t judge me to harshly ………………………. I’m off to have a scone!!!!! NFDs require MORE control than FDs!!!!!!

Keep the faith people!!!

Day 20 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

This will be my only FD this week so I’m going to make it a good one.

Day 20 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear

Day 20 Finland, FD

Hi everyone! Haven’t checked in for a while, but I have read every single post. Everyone is doing well!

I have been happy with this month so far, successful FD’s. Slowly numbers are heading down…fake numbers after FD lowest i have been in a while. Have been doing a cleanse with a facebook group I am in, have stopped drinking coffee, cut back on white flour and which has decreased bloating. Also swapped dairy for oat based milk and yogurt, which is delicious!

Adding myself to todays pocket list>

Day 20 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73

Keep going strong everyone!

Day 20, UK, FD

I’m determined to make this FD a good one, need it 💪 . Even though the scales are not co-operating I can feel that I’m heading in the right direction, my body feels better 🙂

@arelkade I alway look forward to your posts, it marks the start of a new day even if its not in some places 😀 . How are you doing? 🤗

@dykask keep going, you will see those abs one day soon 🙂

@gretta congrats on 1kg loss. Its such a good feeling when we feel happy with our bodies 🙂

@daffodil2010 ouch! I know the feeling, I had quite a few days like that last month, not nice 🙁 . But it won’t stay like that forever, because we jump back on the wagon and it all gets better 🙂 . Keep that in mind 🤗

@moukinator all you can do is try and keep the portions small while on holiday, because if its the food you get only when visiting family its not realistic maybe to expect not to eat it :). If everything fails, reset button will be available and that’s whats great about this WOE 😀

@sarahbob stay strong, you will be fine, and you will thank yourself tomorrow 🙂

Day 20 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @lilymartin
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @kerryn73
    @shinything

Have a great day everyone and stay strong, we can do this 💪

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 883 total)

You must be logged in to reply.