August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

This topic contains 880 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  mishty 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 883 total)

• Day 16 NSW Australia NFD

Hi everyone. Just checking in.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week.

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

I was just so hungry all day yesterday. I am probably not drinking enough water (I used to sink it in the Glasshouse, but needs must), and probably blood sugar spiking because of the nibbling on fruit that is liberally dotted all around the place, and definitely lack of exercise as I have suddenly gone from on my feet all day to desk bound. I did not overindulge, but weight is creeping up by about a quarter pound each day since Monday’s FD.

Today therefore is my 2nd FD and it’s going to have to be a good mindful one. I have packed lots of herbal teas, about 2 litres of water, a low calorie soup and oat bran bread for lunch, I will spend most of my lunch hour walking, then after work it’s a quick change and straight to yoga. So hopefully this will be the new regime for future office FD.

Have a great day everyone

Day 16 London UK NFD

Checking in and haven’t had a chance to catch up on posts as yet. Had a great FD yesterday and feel back on track. Weight back at 49.6kg, a whole kg down on yesterday and below goal weight. Weight going up and down is the nature of ADF which is what I seem to be doing this week.

Cooking a hearty and wholesome chicken casserole today. Friend arriving this morning to spend the day. Little one loves her, great cuddles. Am hoping for minimal tantrums- he’s at that age! 🙈She is a great baker and will no doubt bring cake so I’ll have to tackle that carefully. Have found sugar easier to resist than carbs and really don’t want the headache that would inevitably come with having cake.

Have a great day everyone x

Second post

Just wanted to add that the chicken casserole is great for FD one meal a day supper too at 386 calories. And great for toddler which is a bonus in my book! Here’s the recipe in case anyone is interested – veggies easily substituted if avoiding potatoes:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1993649/easy-onepot-chicken-casserole#recipe-method

Day 16, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

The scales are still doing their bouncy-bouncy thing, but I’m feeling ok about it as the exercise, abstinence and healthy eating plan is on track ……………………………. Water (lack of!!) is the problem, today’s focus will be herbal teas, since at the moment I can’t even finish a bottle of water (1L)!!!!!

@songbirdme ……………naughty, naughty son-in-law!!!!!

@anna6, welcome back, so today is cooking & fasting for you, I’ll take a deep breath and prepare myself for your upcoming post ……………………… I look forward to your food descriptions, they always leave me drooling over my keyboard!!!!!

@sarahbob, I can picture the headline –“Baby-boom attributed to quitting smoking, as advised by @sarahbob, UK” LOL!!!

@debster251, fingernails are good ………………….. just keep hanging on!!! I’m out for a vino-free Italian tomorrow night ………………………… keep EVERYTHING crossed for me!!!!!

@daffodil2010, Keep the faith, don’t let a big life change derail your efforts so far. Tweak and adjust your new regime until it fits just right, you’ve got this!!!!

As we enter the 2nd half of this challenge month, it’s time to reflect and adjust, to acknowledge any slips, blips and bumps we’ve manoeuvred so far …………………………. And now to pull our collective fingers out and finish this month on a roll!!!!!!!

“If not us, then who? If not now, then when?” John Lewis

Day 16. Rome. NFD (again! I need to get home..)

It’s a bit cheeky of me to offer advice when I’m doing so badly on the fasting front, but I discovered cold rooibos ( is that spelled right? Doubt it) tea this summer. Dragonfly brand do rooibos with vanilla, and it’s lovely chilled. Not tannin y obviously, and a bit more interesting than water.

I don’t seem to be eating much but I feel like I’m expanding. Aargh.

Day 16 UK FD

I’m not sure why but lately I seem to be struggling with my second fast day of the week. I woke up feeling really hungry. I ate really healthily yesterday so shouldn’t be hungry but all I can think about is food. It must be a result of all the exercise I did yesterday. 🤔

Must stay strong….must stay strong!

Day 16, UK, FD

I picked at a few chocolatey bits yesterday on my NFD but pretty certain I stayed under my TDEE for the day, so that’s good. Fasting again today – I had a nasty headache all day yesterday, feeling a bit better today but might have to limit some of my screen time and keep my water intake high to properly shift it. I’m pretty sure it’s coming from tension in my neck though – so looking forward to my monthly osteopath appointment next week to get it sorted. The joys of having a skeleton with a mind of its own!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, @rainbowsmile . It’s strange, I think I’m going through a period of adjustment at the minute – it feels like there’s a lot of change in the air in general life, so I’m not surprised I’ve not enjoyed every single fasting day. As someone with a degree in Psychology (and soon to have a Masters in it!), I really shouldn’t be surprised when I go through certain patterns when changing a behaviour!! 🙂 It’s one thing knowing the theories, it’s another thing experiencing it.

Anyway, all good in the hood today. I have a few work bits and then lots of university work to fill my time today (final throes of a big dissertation write up for the MSc), so I’m looking forward to some fasting-induced mental clarity to spur me on 🙂

Have a good’un everyone x

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@sarahbob I always find my Monday FD easier than the Thursday, probably because calorie intake is more over the weekend so I’ve got more reserves for the first FD of the week. I’m finding this more so since reaching maintenance, limited fat store to call on!

@daffodil BE CAREFUL! Please don’t get into the office nibbling habit. From today whenever faced with those sweet office temptations think of us and say NO. Remember how far you’ve come…..and you need to fit those size 10 leathers.

@flourbaby good advice, thanks.

Thursday fasters, we can do it 😎

Day 16, Newcastle UK, NFD

I didn’t manage a proper FD yesterday – not a lot of food, but still too many calories. Until I’ve recovered from this pesky virus, I’m not going to worry too much.

I’m way behind on posts too and look forward to catching up on news & events asap.

All the best friends.

Day 16, UK, FD

FD going well so far, I’m about to exercise as well so that will be a good day , providing I stay the course 🙂

@sarahbob – ” *It should be noted that I am not advocating getting ‘knocked up’ as a way for people to quit smoking lol * ” 😂

@debster251 – “the starlings murmurate near one of the bridges in Belfast city. It’s a spectacular sight. ” thats good to know 😀 thank you, I googled and found out about few places, probably many more smaller ones, but I’m thinking to go and see them murmurate either in Brighton or maybe Belfast even :D, not sure yet, might end up going somewhere else. Will think about it, still plenty of time, and definitely make a “starlings murmuration” weekend 🐦

@beedoo I was just about to ask for your casserole recipe when I read your second post hehe 😀 , thank you.

@Strawberriesandcream I hope you feel better, sending you a virtual hug 🤗 and some healing vibes 🙂

As @missybear said, Thursday fasters, we can do it 😎

Today’s pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @sarahbob
    @babs_b
    @missybear
    @shinything

Day 16, Amsterdam , FD

Hmm was so close to hitting pause on the fast and making it a NFD today, but I pushed through! I cycled to the local shopping street at lunch to go and find a nice ‘transeasonal’ (if that’s a word!) long sleeved top as it’s cooled down, and in hte dressing room of Zara my iPhone 8 slipped out of my pocket and cracked the whole back – gutted! luckily I have insurance but apparently they only repair, not replace. Oh well.

Will push through the FD to make myself feel better (and if necessary have some fruit I guess), and then tonight is spinach falafel and salad… Looking forward to it already.

@foodfreedomgirl – great idea on breakfast for dinner! 🙂

Pocket fasters:

@daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @sarahbob
    @babs_b
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @catch87

Day 16 North Wales FD

Today’s pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @sarahbob
    @babs_b
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @catch87
    @molij

Have a good day everyone x

Day 16 North Canton OH FD

@michelinme I love the long chatty posts too!

@metatauta you are on fire! Here are the recipes you requested.
    https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/best-skinny-margarita-recipe-sugar-free-low-carb-paleo/
    https://www.wholesomeyum.com/healthy-sugar-free-lemonade-recipe, I just add a serving of vodka to this keto lemonade recipe

I will be back, my computer is about to shut down on me.

Day 16, Guildford UK, NFD

We may be half way day but folks that’s no reason to slack off! I am absolutely determined to encourage everyone to finish strongly!

Slept really well last night and was up and going early.

Washed bed sheets again, pooh smelly girl…….

————————

@catch87 fruit contains fructose as it’s nature’s candy. I avoid all fruit other than berries on FD as it sends me into sugar cravings. It goes straight to the liver and converted. I treat fruit as super naughty on FD.

@shinything repeat after me, I am staying the course, I am staying the course

@daffodil2010 I join with @missybear I saying be careful or we will really really really tell you off. (Wags finger very sternly indeed).

@babs_b could it be the chocolate causing the headaches?

@sarahbob you will stay strong, it’s an order (more finger wagging….)

@emma taylor I love red bush tea and its awesome as iced tea too. Haven’t tried the vanilla but if you are highly recommending then I will add vanilla to it.

@flourbaby did you see the article in the daily mail today about scales and how accurate they are?

@beedoo I am always looking for chicken recipes as I make bone broth all the time and it’s great to add the broth.

@songbirdme I have a secret crush….How you have maintained is amazing.

@at I have never managed yoga, it’s too prezelly for my body but I admire those who do.

@diana123 hope MIL is ok I added her to my votive today.

@sarahbob a relative of Allen Carr is one of my clients!

@foodfreedomgirl some folk just need to zip their mouths about this WOL, as many don’t engage brain or haven’t caught up with the science. Your body is your body and frankly do what you like. (Wags fingers at nay sayers and gets out armour….)

—————————–

Hey, folk let’s all get to it, be encouraged and make August the most amazing month for health and goals.

To keep you motivated here is today’s sunshine ( and for those not here as absent friends be encouraged to tell us how you are)

https://youtu.be/tIdIqbv7SPo

So from all of us to absent friends…….
    The female includes the male

————————
    Today’s fast pocket list is on @molij post above this.

Mari

Day 16 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

@rainbowsmile my MIL is doing ok. She is still in a lot of pain. My DH and I have a lot to talk about in the next week. I am taking the next 6 days off of work. Not really a vacation more of a staycation. I may have to quit my job to stay at home and care for her. We promised her when she move in 6 years ago that we would never put her in a nursing home. But she really can’t stay home alone anymore.

The best preparation for tomorrow is to be your best today. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Day 16 UK WFD

Evening didn’t go quite as planned bc too much stuff to fit in and kept getting distracted. But pleased to have finished chutney #1, put chutney#2 spices together to marinade overnight and cleared up the mess! Also got good prep for today, inc shopping list, clothes, shower and earlier night tho still after midnight, and resisted late night carbs – baby steps 🙂 Aiming for another WFD, my 3rd experiment.

Really helpful GP check up today – 7 weeks since I got sick & still v breathless, running at less than 50% my usual energy (which is already >50% most people). Tests were clear and today’s numbers were good today (BP, O2 sats, peak flow) tho temperature up 1C. Lovely new GP said the infection was a very serious one (CRP 400!) and basically my body is doing really well but will take c3-6mths to recover 🙁

We talked about pacing, diet, lifestyle etc – she suggested I could write a book bc 20 yrs experience and doing everything right:) I’m going to need to think carefully about upcoming commitments,my busiest time of year with an annual conference etc. Feeling much more positive about what I can do – I always feel better when I understand the why of things.

Foraged some apples on the way home which are now in soak ready for chutney #3! Love it when I get into the swing of this time of year, even tho it feels a fair bit earlier than usual. Lots of gentle projects to enjoy at home this next 4 days – harvesting elderberries, dyeing bedding and a dress, knitting and finishing chutneys as well as reading and writing. Also planning a rare theatre trip next week with my mother and my daughter, which makes me feel less marooned 🙂

@daffodil2010 sounds like a great first office FD plan!
    @shinything you’ve got me thinking about an October murmuration trip now…
    @diana123 so sorry to hear about your MIL’s fall, and hope this time together is helpful and healing. Goodness, what a lot you have to think about xx

Get well soon to all who are feeling under the weather, and wishing a good FD to all who are fasting…

Day 16 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @sarahbob
    @babs_b
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @catch87
    @molij
    @basyjames
    @michelinme

Day 16, ID USA, Warrior FD.

Hit a new low today, and still today and tomorrow’s fast day. Hopeful that my official Tuesday weigh in will show a loss this week (last week maintained). I’m excited to see that even as weight fluctuates the long-view of the graph is down. Even more excited that 2+ weeks in I am still here, still communicating and finding accountability and encouragement!

So smokey from various fires here. Not much available in the way of outside activities so I need to be strong enough to pop in a DVD or hop on the treadmill tonight. No more excuses!

Looking through a catalog sent out by our local college on community courses. Found one for ballroom dancing, 5 sessions, and another for cooking plant based meals. I haven’t done any classes before and as the cooking ones get into our general snowy months at 7-9 PM, an hour drive from my house I haven’t made any decisions for sure yet, but it’s lovely to ponder and dream! I do need to work harder to make healthy eating something that my family enjoys if I’m to impact them as much as I can before they fly the coop.

@michelinme my goodness 3-6 months to recover! That’s crazy. So glad you are finding things you can do, making your delicious sounding chutneys etc. I bet that helps to keep your spirits up.

@catch87, one breakfast lover to another!

@rainbowsmile, thank you for reminding us of our goals. We all need help to remember those and re-focus. Hard to believe we are 1/2 way there. I need to go open up the sheets document and remind myself what my targets were and see how I’m coming!

Day 16 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @sarahbob
    @babs_b
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @catch87
    @molij
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @foodfreedomgirl

Day 18 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Did okay yesterday. Right at TDEE with a little bowl of ice cream for late-night snack. My daughter’s scale isn’t exactly the same as mine at home in Illinois, but maintaining still.

@rainbowsmile – I think it is my Swedish stubbornness that has made me keep at maintenance. I get it all from my father. My DH believes it, and I have told him if I weren’t so stubborn, I’d have left him long ago! 😂

Onward and downward.

Day 16, FD, US

Have been feeling bloated last two days. Yuck! Hoping FD will clear the air, so to speak.

Day 16 – USA – FD

FD yesterday did not happen; visited a friend and went over 800 right about to TDEE, though. Hoping to have a FD today. Basyjames, thanks for the recipes; also whoever sent the chicken casserole recipe, thanks! @songbirdme, thanks for the advice on maintenance! @rainbowsmile, can you please put me on maintenance on the spreadsheet, pretty please with sugar (stevia) on top?

Day 16, Gozo, Malta, fd

Today I weighted at 70.1 kilos. I’m up by 2.8 kilos since I went on the cruise.

I cooked duck soup and I fasted at 700 calories.

Diana123 I’m sorry to hear about your MIL’s fall. I hope she’ll get better soon.

Onwards and downwards, have a great evening/night everyone.

Day 16 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Back home & going for a FD; probably liquid.

Now back to unpacking.

@diana123 – I’m sorry for things are with your MIL. Wishing you & your husband wisdom. Would some home health care support be a possibility so you could keep working?

@metatauta – I’m so happy for you getting to maintenance. What advice might you give to help get there? I feel kind of stalled.

Glad we’re in this together!

Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Day 16 – USA – FD

Second post: @annemarilyn, I think you’re a fellow LCHF and 16:8 person, too, so I can’t say you’re doing anything that could be tweaked other than continuing the way you’re going. I had a big plateau the past 2 months and even gained in July. August was just a major whoosh. The only difference was that I re-started lifting 8 lb. weights a few times a week just working the upper body to get rid of my bat wings. Because I’m alone now, I don’t cook much meat, but I’m all about frozen burritos once in a while, pasta at times, good beer, pizza occasionally. Never allowed myself to be too strict and perhaps those “carb ups” tricked my body to shed the lbs. I’m still puzzled about my BMI. On the site, it’s about 25, but on a regular BMI calculator online, it’s in the mid 30s! If someone can give me a site where a truer number can be found, I’d appreciate it!

Day 16 second post

After some thought I’m going to switch from a WFD to an ordinary FD and have a small late supper with protein and salad stuff. Not bc I’m craving anything -apart from tomatoes – but bc i feel really drained. Might save WFDs for odd Mondays….

@metatauta here’s the BMI calculator i use – run by UK National Health Service(which is a non profit) https://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

Day 16, second post

@metatauta, you made my day, sugar coating and everything

@michelinme, mondays are always odd! As are Tuesdays, Wednesdays……….
    So a craving for tomatoes? My weirdest is cauliflower. I have this sense your body knows what it wants.

So August posters tell us your weirdest non pregnancy cravings…….a song dedicated to the winner

@annemarilyn it’s great to get home and unpack. Always satisfying I find.

@anna6 easy on easy off the weight will fall off.

@penz bloat is horrid, let it go!

@songbirdme I want some stubborn, can you dole that out my way.

@diana123 your MIL is in my votive and some rainbows to ease the pain.

——————-

So cravings?

Mari

Day 17 – Japan – FD 81.0kg

It has been so hot but today it is much cooler. This morning there was a newspaper story about how the heat is reducing bug populations. That hot.

Day 15 – Ireland – NFD
    Day 16 – Ireland – CD

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

@missy ear, @flourbaby, @rainbowsmile….I hear ya’ll, I see ya’ll with the finger wagging, I know, I know …….. Must avoid the office snacking even if it is fruit. I do think fruit spikes my blood sugar so will avoid, avoid. Keep away from the Mocha and the cappuccino machines. I haven’t got thus far, taken a major life chance, then mess it all up because I am back in office treat land. I WILL stay focused.

And I was focused yesterday, big walk at lunch, tiny lunch, then yoga in the evening, but my body is still in a funny change mode so did not lose on the FD. Hey, I am still 125lbs so am not complaining….but must be mindful of the weeks ahead.

On saying that, I am treating my friend to a lunch today (this is the friend who recommended me for the job) as I want to say thanks for helping me get my confidence back. It’s only a local cafe we are going to and we will be back to work so no long lingering food. I will have a salad or soup or something.

Have a great Friday.

Day 17, Newcastle UK, NFD

I really, really, hope I’ve got the right date in wishing our lovely @metatauta a wonderful birthday today! And what a fantastic birthday present to give yourself – Maintenance – woohoo!!!!!

Thank you for the further well wishes re my pesky virus @shinything – it’s still doing it’s best to hang on here – grrrr.
    Welcome back from your cruise @anna6 – I’m sure it will have been worth that tiny bit of excess luggage – you’ll dispatch it soon enough.
    Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time @diana123 – thinking of you.
    Really good news @lilymartin 🙂
    @EmmaTaylor – I read a really good response to well-meaning friends who just don’t understand the decision to ditch wine/alcohol: ‘I don’t judge you for drinking, so please don’t judge me for not.’
    Welcome home @annemarilyn – I hope you enjoyed spending time with your family – despite the pressures that inevitably come with caring for our loved ones. Thinking of you too.
    Not long now @missybear!!! 🙂

Apart from yet another set of results from a 25 year study re carbs on this morning’s breakfast news (apparently cutting carbs shortens our lives by 4 years vs those who eat 50% of their diet as carbs) – I started reading a book called The Plant Paradox by Steven R Gundry MD. Being told to swap brown rice for white is a new one on me! I’m only on page 28, but so far I’ve picked up that plants really do not appreciate being eaten and are really not good for us…..

“Square box, round pizza, triangle slices. I’m confused.” – sums up my thoughts this morning

Day 17, UK, NFD

Hi everyone! My little update is that I had a really successful fast day yesterday and I feel SO good for it! Hopefully I am over my third week wobble now!! 🙂 I have weighed and measured this morning and I am now 151.6lb. When I started back on the 5:2 on 24th July, I was 157.8lb – so that’s almost half a stone off in just under 4 weeks. I can’t believe it. I felt like I was barely losing anything until I looked at the stats. I am definitely feeling a little smaller too – and I am starting to see my face shape again. I am so pleased!

@daffodil2010 I know what you mean re fruit spiking your blood sugar. I find I crave sweet things far far less once I’m in the 5:2 swing too, maybe it’s my body preventing me from those big sugar highs?

@rainbowsmile it might’ve been the chocolate that caused the headaches… though, I have a sneaking suspicion it was my neck and shoulders causing the issue. I have an underlying joint condition that gives me neck issues that instantly cause headaches (I can trace the pain up from my neck into my head). My body isn’t being helped at the minute as I am very sedentary working on my uni bits as well as my actual job…. if ever I’m going to get a flare up of joint problems, it’s when I’m sedentary! If ever there’s a reason to get out on a daily walk – that’s it! I must get out and stretch my legs today!

@Strawberriesandcream – I briefly heard that report on the news this morning too (in the background whilst I was getting ready). I’m going to try to find the original journal article to see if what they gave in the new snippets was actually the full picture. (I’m guessing probably not!!).

I hope everyone has a good day – Happy Friday 🙂

Day 17 – NFD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

Weight is fluctuating at the 70kg mark, +/-0.3kg for the last 4-5 days, but average weight this month at least still lower than July. Might go to the gym tonight to burn some more calories and if the weather permits, we will be going for a nice, long coastal walk tomorrow.

Yesterday’s dinner was absolutely amazing, if ever you are in Dublin and feel like having a steak, I recommend a visit to F.X. Buckley. It’s a little bit pricy, but it’s our go-to place for special occasions. It was lovely to have a date with the fiance, had a chance to dress up – and the dress looked all wrong on me! I hadn’t worn it since before Christmas, so at least 5kg ago, and it just didn’t fit properly anymore. A bit disappointed because I really like that dress, but at the same time happy to see the results of this WOL.

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Day 17 Pocket List:
    @dykask

Day 17 UK CD

It’s been an up and down week and my weight and body size has fluctuated enomrously *Ahem* possibly in response to the late night snack dragon, fatigue-based carb and sugar cravings – balanced by a good WFD and FD, and keeping to 16:8 or OMAD.

Friday is weigh day and – ta-dah – I’m at 144.5lbs, a whole 0.5lb down on last week and a new low. The only change to the fat suit is a rather promising inch gone from my carbtastic stomach extension, the reversal of an otherwise worrying trend signifying potential reversal of good progress.

Finally remembering to congratulate myself on not putting on weight despite current inactivity and being stuck at home for much of the last 6 weeks, esp the last two. The fact that I haven’t given into too much temptation – other than homemade oat & seed bread – is testimony to changing both habits and relationship with food.

Better get on with some helpful things of the day, not least gentle yoga and mediation. And the 3kg apples foraged yesterday are calling my name rather relentlessly – lots were windfalls so need to be chopped and used ASAP before they go bad. Here goes chutney #3, roast garlic and apple – it was my delicious introduction to chutney making c 10 years ago and I haven’t stopped since 🙂 Last “holiday” day, seems a good day for it…

Wishing you all a wonderful Friday xx

2nd post – I don’t thing Friday is a popular day for fasting! Anyway I’m well over 24 hours now! On the final 3rd.

Day 17, Surrey (UK), NFD, 156lb.

Back from holiday in Brittany and finding myself on the wrong side of the door to 10-stone-something land, again (sigh). Feeling sorry for myself as somehow, I picked up a chest infection whilst away, as well as the extra weight. I’m pretty sure it is extra weight as well, not just water weight or food in transit. Funny how a week of seemingly innocent indulgences, namely beer, wine, the odd croissant, can really de-rail this WOE if taken every day. Which is what happened, if I’m honest!

I have a temperature at the moment and no inclination whatsoever to even think about fasting. Sorry if this all sounds so negative, but I felt it was important record the tough times as well as the good ones. In my head I know that tough times are inevitable, but writing today helps to remind me that this, too, will pass, and I WILL get better and will resume this WOE before too long. Meanwhile, I’m taking care of myself with lots of rest, paracetamol and plenty of fluids.

Never mind, soon it will be time to pick up the gauntlet again, and keep on keeping on. Hope you are all keeping well, whatever you are doing. Oh, and, I did have a lovely holiday, by the way!

Day 17 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Yes @strawberriesandcream I’m counting down to day 23!!!

After yesterday’s FD I weighed in at 128.8lbs this morning, just a smidge below my bottom end of maintenance range so I feel well placed for wedding feasting next week 😊

@metatauta is it your birthday? If so have a fabulous happy day 💐🎉🍕🍷

@rainbowsmile I’m happy to say that since getting into a Mediterranean style of diet I no longer experience food cravings……all the foods I enjoy are allowed 😋……now red wine is another matter, allowed but not in the quantity I crave!!!

Yes August Abstainers I’m with @debster251 hanging on by my fingernails 😉

Happy Friday everyone 😎

2nd post

@fatfingers miserable to get sick whilst on holiday, it happened to me in December and knocked me off proper FDs for a few weeks but once I recovered I bounced back into my routine and gradually made it to my goal. You will get better and you will keep on keeping on and you will reach your goal. Hope you feel better soon 🤗

Day 17 North canton OH FD

@rainbowsmile is this weird? my current craving is raw almonds. I crave that every morning and this morning I decided to indulge, therefore not much wiggle room left for the day.
    However, I am down to 27.8% body fat from 28 %, still 159.6 pounds on the scale.

@fatfingers no need for self-recriminations; as you said it will be time to pick up the gauntlet and carry on; I was where you are just a few weeks ago when I came back from vacation – it’s a marathon not a sprint; blips are bound to occur. I hope you feel better soon 🙂

@michelinme congrats on the loss- weight and inches!!

@metatauta happy birthday to you my lovely friend, and the best gift of all is one you gave yourself – meeting your weight loss goal – I am so proud of you, congratulations again

@strawberriesandcream – yet another confusing study; I hope hubby does not see that! He has finally committed to LCHF lifestyle and recently told me he feels better than he has in years. The problem is, I am not yet able to handle carbs in my diet in moderation; I always seem to go overboard with the wrong kind; so until then I plan to stick to what appears to be working for me.

@diana123 thoughts and prayers for your family.

Anybody else fasting today? I appear to be in my own company today!:)

Day 17 – UK – NFD
    Day 16 – NFD

Just back from my regular Friday morning walk with the group – we were lucky that it stayed dry and I shared a pot of tea with a friend as not planning on eating today until this evening! Out with OH for a meal at a new place we are keen to try and will try to stay mindful but August Abstainers might need to have a glass of wine!!! Will try thinking of you @flourbaby – good luck with your vino-free Italian night out tonight!

A bit of a strange week for me eating wise – started off with B2B FDs on Sun/Mon – followed by 1 CD, a TDEE NFD then a bit of a feast day yesterday, not sure why as did not feel particularly hungry but I did do a fair bit of exercise starting the day with a strong 1hr aerobic class and then a brisk 6km walk late afternoon – Weight this morning remains well below top of my maintenance range!

@babs_b – well done on your hard work and good luck for final throes of a big dissertation write up for the MSc – you have got this! May I ask how you are hoping to put your masters into use?
    @diana123 – you sound like a wonderful DIL – I’m sure your are truly appreciated by both your MIL and your DH x
    @michelinme – great to hear a positive feedback from your GP review and it sounds like you understand your body well and have excellent coping strategies allowing you to make the most of your limitations 🤗
    @metatauta – is it your birthday? If yes then wishing you the happiest of birthdays and I have to agree with @Strawberriesandcream that reaching maintenance is the best present you could give yourself – glad to have you with us in maintenance land – we can support each other xx
    @Strawberriesandcream – my OH pointed out that study to me this morning and actually send me the formal link to it, here it is if anyone is interested in reading it in full:-
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(18)30135-X/fulltext
    @fatfingers – Press your RESET button with Controlled NFDs over the weekend, eating healthy foods that will nourish your body and then put in a good FD next week when you are feeling better – You Know You Can Do This!
    @missybear – less than a week to go – exciting times and how wonderful to be below the bottom end of your maintenance range already!

Looking forward to a good weekend – enjoying life to the full and being grateful for my life!

PERSEVERANCE IS NOT A LONG RACE; IT IS MANY SHORT RACES ONE AFTER THE OTHER. Walter Elliot

Day 17 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Checking in. Love the Walter Eliot quote, @at — oh so true that we’re in many short races!

Onward and downward.

Day 17, Cornwall UK, NFD

Grrrr – only down 0.1kg this week to 73.6kg. Ah well, I have to learn the hard way to reduce the bread and snacking. At least its still down. How you doing this week @shinything? We should create an official tortoise club membership. Not sure I actually want to be in this club though!

@basyjames – I too love raw almonds – didn’t like them at first but now I too crave them.

Day 17, London, UK, NFD

A very late & very quick post today!!!

Happy Birthday @meatatauta!!!!! Are you debating whether to go for the B’day cake???? A tiny sliver can’t derail maintenance, now on the other hand, 4 slices+…………………………………….

There will be a vino-free Italian meal tonight ……………………….. I’m dreading it!!!!

@fatfingers, welcome back, I’ve been exactly where you are, and not just once!!!! I’ve held that pity party, I’ve crawled around on all fours looking for that elusive mojo, I’ve called myself every name under the sun after adding 10lbs over a 2week holiday and I definitely felt like giving up!!! The guys on this forum helped me realise there was really only one option ………………………. Put it behind me and move on, there isn’t an alternative and at the time losing 30+ lbs was to be applauded, the bump in the road was just that, and although it pitched me off of the wagon, some super strong folks here yanked me right back on. We’ve got you!!! I hope you feel better soon & try to be kind to yourself, you’re worth it!!!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!

Day 17 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Continuing LFD until noon so planning to break the fast at about 40 hours. Joining my son at a bbq garden party this evening.

@strawberriesandcream – yes, though it was tough it was a precious time. On the last supper I fed my mom, she was reaching for the fork on her own. I helped her guide it to her mouth. She fed herself before entering the hospital but had to be fed these 7 weeks since admitted. We think some trauma happened to her body & now she’s coming out of it… anyway I was glad to assist & also give my 91 yr old dad a break.

About the study you referred to, I read a great rebuttal by Dr.Aseem Malhotra he posted in inews.co.uk. He says it was not good science. He wrote The Poppi Diet. His response was a good read.

@metatauta – Happy Birthday! Did we get it right? BTW did you do extended fast days in your journey or what type of FD protocol?

Glad to be on this sunshine train!

Day 17 ID USA Warrior FD

It’s raining! I was finally getting around to weeding in the garden, so that’s a bit of a bummer, but I am really glad for the rain. Should help with fires and settle smoke. Crossing my fingers anyway.
    Woke up really hungry today. Going to be harder than usual to make it to my 4:00 feed time 5 1/2 hours. Lots of water and tea!

@Strawberriesandcream lol on “Square box, round pizza, triangle slices. I’m confused.” That is perfect due to the constantly changing advice on nutrition! Have mercy!

@moukinator – the struggle with clothes is real! Hard to always have nice fitting clothes on the journey. Holding out for Maintaining for new wardrobe though!

@fatfingers, yes, rest. Self Care. WOL not race to the finish line.

Day 17 Pocket List:
    @dykask
    @basyjames
    @foodfredomgirl

Day 17 Florida

NFD today. Did ok on my FD, over by 100 calories. Had an awesome day at the art museum with friends. They had a VR there to try out and it was so cool. I’ll be off the grid for the following week. On vacation. Ready to go!!
    Have a great day.

Day 17, UK, NFD

I had a successful FD yesterday, and I feel thinner but the scales disagree, sort of 😐, down just 0.2kg. Ah well, we carry on 🙂

@diana123 I’m sorry to hear about your MIL and a hard decision you are facing, sending you a virtual hug 🤗 . You are such a good DIL 🙂

@rainbowsmile thank you for your encouragement, it meant a lot, I stayed the course 😀

@michelinme thats a long time to recover, but its ok as long as it goes as it should, just hang in there, you will be fine 🙂 , we should go together to see starlings murmuration 😉

@babs_b I’m so happy for you, to see the changes and results :D, well done! Keep going, you are doing great 😀

@fatfingers sorry to hear you are not well, that sounds rough 🙁 . Sending you a hug and a healing vibes 🤗 , look after yourself and it will pass.

@metatauta Happy Birthday 🎂 , I hope you have a wonderful day 😀

@cornish-jane, my fellow tortoise, I did just a tiny bit better this time, down 0.2 kg, but we shall keep going 🐢 💪

Have a great evening everyone 🌻

Day 18 Melbourne Aus – NFD

It is very early here on Saturday morning. I spent the evening trying to achieve my goal of reading all the posts before my next entry. I now feel like I know you all a bit better and I can contribute with confidence 😁

I am awake due to my OH’s snoring. He went to an Aussie Rules game last night and his team looks like they will make the finals. Anyway, result is, he enjoyed himself which means he is now snoring loudly by my side.

I am enjoying hearing about the ladies following this WOL with a 2 year old bubba. My little one is also 2, and I find it hard to fast on the days I am at home with him and ignore the food I prepare for him. But he is sleeping (it’s cold here at the moment so no unbearable hot nights) and I feel your pain (next goal-connect names to posts…sorry 🤦🏽‍♀️) of the poster whose bubba is not sleeping well during hot nights. That must be hard to be tired and fast!

Anyway I will take notes next time and connect comments to names (I’m also impressed with the chutney extraordinaire! I’m amazed you fit what you do in one day! No wonder you’re still up at midnight!!!). I struggled yesterday during my FD and came in here to read posts, and I’m glad I did as you got me through to bed time. Someone wrote about thinking ‘I can eat that tomorrow’ which just gave me that final inspiration not to touch any more food as I had had my quota for the day. And it paid off, down to 72.8kg this morning and my goal for August was 73. Onwards and downwards (such a good saying!!)

Day 17, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Day 18 – Japan – NFD (But I haven’t broken my day 16 fast yet)

A few us held the fast on Friday! I still have to shave and shower, but I see from my activity tracker I’m already over 1350 calories. That happens consistently to me, after a day of fasting my activity goes way up.

Day 17 Pocket List:
    @dykask
    @basyjames
    @foodfredomgirl

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 883 total)

You must be logged in to reply.