August 2017 – 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2017 – 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 2,027 replies, has 142 voices, and was last updated by  Yondi 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,801 through 1,850 (of 2,032 total)

• Day 28 USA FD

Day 28 Akron Ohio FD – So close to the end of the month and planning a strong finish. Ate pretty badly this weekend and woke up feeling like crap. Strong reset this morning and planning to keep it that way until the end of the month. Since I am hosting next month I know I will feel the pressure to lead by setting a strong example, LOL.
    The plan is to get the spreadsheet ready to go by the 1st. I will add on as more people join, please feel free to update with as much or as little information as you want.
    My best to you all as we walk together while owning our individual paths.

Day 28, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD (and happy about that ! )

Hello all, back to work, back to fasting, back to sanity. I really need to get a better grip on NFDs – although my weight has not increased beyond my goal, it will if I don’t watch it. Buckling down (and actually enjoy the control factor of doing so.) But then, as my husband says, I am a control freak.

Okeydokey, my sympathies to your OH. I have done a lot of Midwestern wasp research and I am out painting in truly the worst time of day (any time that isn’t early in the day or dusk) and worst time of the year – late Summer/ early Fall. Wasps are most aggressive at that time as the workers only live a year and are reaching the end of the line so they are as big and strong as they are going to be. The queens can sometimes winter over if they find shelter. Wasps are drawn more to scent than color so one should avoid hair sprays, colognes, aftershaves, scented shampoos or shower gels, etc. Hope ever I am ever on Jeopardy I get a wasp question.

So, I can either leave the guest cabin half painted until Spring, paint a bit each evening (my choice I believe) or be stung daily. The cabin is being painted a slightly different color (Sequoia brown with white windows and pine green trim) so it is obvious that the colors don’t match what is currently in place.

I am doing all except the trim at three tall eaves at the roof peaks that a friend is doing – maybe this Fall, maybe next Spring after he hears about the aggressive wasps!!!

However, all of this is what we call first world problems. None of it matters too much. The cabin was built in 1893, the wasps have squatter’s rights over the generations for sure.

Wishing all a great day.

Day 28–ABQ–NFD

Dykask—re the calorie lie: I have wondered about that…how do we know the labels are correct? Do the food companies really lab-test their food for energy content? I doubt it. I guess what you’re saying is the labels aren’t necessarilywhich I suppose is good because counting calories is a bore.

Debster251—My birthday is today, we just celebrated on Saturday. Thanks for the tiny cake and Prosecco (or is it vinho verde? Champange? I love them all.)!

jessyoursize—Saw the flood images on tv last night. Yikes. I keep thinking about the poor people who relocated to Houston from New Orleans after Katrina, and now they have to contend with this. I really hope your family is well.

@basyjames—Please add me to the September challenge. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Saffy420—You’re okay; celebrations with food are necessary! We are waiting for you when you are ready to restart When I have too much unhealthy food in the house I find help from people in my office. Carbs tend to disappear VERY quickly there.

Day 28 – USA – NFD

My OH’s cousin and her husband are in Spring, TX, and fortunately only lost power for a few hours yesterday, but the forecast is for more flooding in the next few days, so we’ll see. I also have a niece and a friend in TX that I have not heard from yet. @berries63, great to hear that you graduated in your BMI rating! I am hopeful to do the same myself, but it’s slow going. @lindasue, feel better! @okeydokey, thinking of you with regard to your poor tooth cracking incident…are you eating solids yet? @laurealice, happy anniversary! @happymargo, way to go – 1.5 hours on a treadmill? Unheard of in my house, haha. @keetseel, happy birthday!

Day 28 Lancaster, PA USA FD 1 of 3 B2B’s

Happy to have Fast friends 😊🤗
    @keetseel 🎉🥂🍾HAvE A HaPpy BiRthDaY! 🎁🎈🎉

@metatauta Thanks for asking… teeth still cracked, one on my right upper side and another on my left lower side. Still on the liquids 😏Not fun. Although I am finding that fasting is lowering inflammation in my midsection that is allowing less anxiety, and asthma. I’m feeling more optimistic about recovering from the oral surgeries and having the implants stay put when they are implanted.

@basyjames Thank-you for leading the September Challenge✨😊✨ As soon as you get the September Challenge page up, I will join in.✨
    @lindasue I’m impressed at your painting skills, I have some painting to do on our shutters, trim and garage door. My indecisiveness about choosing a different color or keeping the same colors has kept me from getting it done. I think it may be next spring before we get a chance.

Day 28 USA FD.

Day 28 – FIN – NFD
    Day 27 – NFD
    Day 26 – NFD
    Day 25 – NFD
    Day 24 – NFD

Will fast tomorrow (and Thursday). Will weigh in for the month on Friday.

Day 28 – McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    Day 27 – NFD
    I’m in dire need of a strong FD.

@okeydokey & @berries63- You are such an inspiration to me!!
    @steve toon taxi driver – LOL 😃
    @jessyoursize – My thoughts are with you and your family. Hope all are safe. 💝

@keetseel – Happy Birthday, I don’t think calories count on this day 🎂🎉

@basyjames – Thank you for taking on the Sept challenge, please count me in.

Hello day 28 ??day Co Down NI
    it started as a fast day but as its a bank holiday not sure how it will end up, spicy chicken wings with salad for dinner and we have played a game of squash this morning. Two slices of toast with butter when we came home and only a cup of coffee so all is not lost – yet!
    @keetseel happy birthday – hope you have a great day!

@dykask – so true in what you say and reminds me of this saying – Weight loss is not a physical challenge but a mental one! Just seeing the number on the scale can determine our mental attitude for the day. Some of us knowing we feel heavier don’t weigh as we don’t want to see those numbers – is that putting our head in the sand? I know I have been guilty of putting things off as I don’t want it ‘confirmed’but sometimes seeing those numbers can give us the kick up the behind we need. What did we do before scales – we went on how we looked and how tight our waistband was (pre elastic waist bands off course). Maybe as we are getting back to a recognised way of eating (feast and famine) we should also tap into our own knowledge of how we feel and how we look and stop relying and setting such store on a set of scales to confirm our success or not.
    @songbirdme- a good link thanks – We need to look at the numbers as a record of fluctuations not our success or (dare I say it) failure!

I put on a pair of shorts yesterday that I garden in – bought when we visited USA in 2007. They are starting to slip down yet the numbers on the scale are all over the place. I also found a pair of old jeans, ha ha that I can’t get over my hips so they are going to be my measuring stick which I will try on every now and then.

@stevetoontaxidriver – I also heard if you are looking for a job head to Jeporady – there are lots of jobs in jeporady!

Thoughts for those in Texas x

Day 28, Gozo Malta. Fd

Today I weighted myself and I was 69.6 kilos up from yesterday by 0.8 kilos.

Today I’m fasting at around 700 calories.

I need to take care of what I eat after eating pizza, dessert and drinking wine and liquor over the weekend. I stayed strong and didn’t eat the leftover cheese ravioli my granddaughter didn’t have.

Keetseel happy birthday many happy remains.

Have a great Monday everyone onwards and downwards

Day 28 Lancaster, PA US FD 1 of 3 B2B2B

@awilson Thank-you for the kind compliment 😊 You’ve got this! Hold my hand 🤝 we can do this FD together. Remember we can eat foods, we’re just putting it off for another day. In my case I’m putting it off until the weekend. (If I can…. Fasting is one time procrastinating, putting off to eat food later, works for me.😊
    As @coda @dykask have said weightloss, fasting is a mental challenge. ✨Things I tell myself so I feel mentally better about fasting. It’s easier for me to eat less calories to burn off a lb. than to try to exercise longenough to burn off enough calories (3,500) to burn off a lb
    ✨Fasting is just putting of (procrastinating is something I’m good at.) what I can eat later in the week.
    ✨by abstaining from putting more food of any kind my body has a chance to digest and clear away “fibrin” basically food stuff that is clogging organs and arteries.
    ✨Staying away from sugar prevents cancer from developing in my body. Evidently cancer thrives on sugar.
    ✨just some thoughts that may help with motivation.😊🤝✨🤝✨🤝✨🤝✨🤝✨🤝✨☀️

@coda We don’t have as many Bank Days here in the US. It would be nice though!😊 ✨✨🎉Congrats! on your shorts getting looser!😊 AKA you getting slimmer, less inflammation aka more mindful eating has been beneficial✨

Day 28 – ABQ – CD

I’d like to really thank everyone on this forum for their thoughts and prayers for my family. My MIL & GMIL were finally rescued yesterday afternoon around 3 pm (CST) and stayed the night in one of the nearby shelters. This morning some other family was finally able to pass through to get to them and they are now safe and dry.

Like I said yesterday, after a very OOCD weekend, I am hoping to get back on track this week with CD instead of NFD and I am planning on tomorrow being my first ever liquid FD. I will say that I am planning on packing some low sodium chicken broth for the afternoon (just in case) since I couldn’t find miso at the grocery store! I did find one but it had all the fixins (tofu and seaweed(?)) and I didn’t think that was what was recommended – I though I read it was supposed to just be the broth right? Oh well – the soup only has 10 cals in it anyway so its still better than nothing.

Today’s CD is going well – I preplanned all my meals this morning and I should actually be coming in under 1200 cals (300 less than planned) but we shall see what DH will make for dinner too — I always plan for him to derail me just a little (other than on FD) and since it’s his mom & grandmother I’m pretty sure he’s going to choose comfort foods like pasta all this week.

@keetseel – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! — I’m with @awilson cals don’t count on bdays!
    @happymargo – 1.5 hours! Wow that really is impressive and awesome!
    @songbirdme – thanks for sharing that article! Very good read!

Just 3 days left!! We can do it!! FINISH STRONG!!!

Day 28, Emden Germany, NFD

@jessyoursize I’m glad everyone is safe again

@keetseel Happy Birthday!

@at, @okeydokey, @coda, @annemarilyn and @debster251 of course I’m finishing this challenge. A fortnight ago I broke a rib. Because nobody can take over my work, I have to go to work otherwise we have to close the practice. It’s just all to much at the moment, perhaps I will come back one day.

I once visited inconspicuous but I’m sure no one noticed. 🤣 come on you know you can do better that

Day 28 California USA FD

@keetseel – Hope you’re having a Happy Birthday!

Day 28 Massachusetts USA NFD I made my weekly goal of staying at or below 6000 calories. I had only one true FD but several well below 1000. Lots of parties and company so having to tell myself “dinner rolls, chips, and wine are not leaving the planet!”

Day 28 – SW WA USA – FD

So far so good. Got some hunger pangs late morning, but didn’t succumb. Will catch up on posts later. Just on lunch so back to school start-up days.

DAY 29 Queensland Australia NFD
    Hoping for around 800-1000 cal today. Good FD yesterday and have half kilo to go to meet my goal this month.

@keetseel – Happy birthday to YOU, happy birthday to YOU 🎶🎶 happy birthday, dear Keetseel, happy birthday to YOU! 🎉🎂

@okeydokey — some great advice and helps

Day 28. Québec. FD

4:30 pm and I just ate for the firts time today. Slices of zucchini and a small spoonfull of grilles nut pines. Yummy.
    My husband decided to join in with mw as he did a few months ago. He is doing 5:2 for the health benefits.

@debster251
    Tomorrow will be my 21th day without sugar. They say that it is the time it takes to change a habit so I guess i’m on a real good track !
    Yesterday though I fell in the peanut butter jar. I knew very well that I was’nt hungry but I felt like eating peanut butter with a small spoon. The problem when I do so is that I have no limit. I probably took about a quarter of the jar. Such a bad idea !
    – Oh yes, I wanted to give you a tip that might help reducing sugar. I learned in a training ment to change habits that the mind likes habits ans doesn’t feel like making to much changes. So, when we decide to change someting that we do we must “tell our brain” that well be doing something different than usual ” just this time”. It seems that if we tell our brain that we are quitting for ever it will find it is too difficult to accept. Remember that the brain LOVES sugar so stay low profile when you decide to deprive it ! LOLL. It’s once again a mind game.
    – another thing that helped me gradually was to replace dessert by a piece of fruit once in a while. I don’t exactly understand how it works but it did work for me !
    – yet another trick when my cravings for sugar became to strong I would take a cought losange without sugar in it. I always had some with me and never felt guilty of taking one. It really, really helped me a lot. I think it is because i tastes sugary ( but not to much. It also tastes a bit like medicine ) AND it made me wait about 10 minutes untill the craving was gone.

My goal for the month is to reach 134 pounds and stay there before going down again later. This morning I was at 135.2. I believe that my FD today will bring me even closer to my goal. Depending on how things are going I will fast again on August the 30th and/or the 31.

Also, I started today a series of exercices to tone the tummy. I was always pushing it later because the exercices on the floor often hurts my back. These new exercices are done while standing up so it gives me hope I can create a new habit wihtout hurting myself. I will try to share the link for the group.

I am French speaking AND using a Ipad to write my posts so it is quite laborius. If you knew how long it takes me to write a post you would really believe that I am motivated by this forum, the great people here and this WOL. ( it sometimes happen that I’m almost done and I change app to go look up a word on Google just to find that everything has been erased when I come back in the forum here. That is so frustating when it happens ! )

Ok, Time to go and eat.

Good luck everyone with the end of the month vs your goals.

keetseel, wishing you a glorious birthday !

And SongBirdMe, might I say that you have a beautiful singing voice…..

Day 29 Sydney FD

Here’s today’s list of people fasting from the spreadsheet. If I’ve missed you, or you’re fasting today as well, add yourself to the list 😊

@annemarilyn
    @berries63
    @chumi
    @coda
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @keetseel
    @losing_it
    @maayyaa
    @maddyg
    @mari84
    @okeydokey
    @onahealthyhigh
    @taraga
    @yolina

There are so many B2B fasters on today’s list – WOW! Good luck everybody 👏👏

What are you doing today to get you closer to your goal?

Day 28. Second post

I can’t pasted the link so, if interested, please Look this up …

” 11 Standing Ab Exercices To Tone Your Tummy ”
    It’s On Paleohacks.com

Good luck !

Day 28 – Cumbria UK – FD

Hoping all our American friends in the path of Hurricane Harvey are doing OK especially @jessyoursize for you and your family – the aftermath is often worse than at the peak or so it seems to those of us watching the news 🤗to all

A good FD ending up with a total of around 400cals consumed – busy day and about to go to bed soon but thought I would pop on here to say a hello

@okeydokey – Thank you for adding me to the pocket group for today x
    @onahealthyhigh – that’s why we are the pocket winos 😈🍷
    @dykask – good news on that belt needing cutting off another 5 cm…..way to go!
    @lindasue – you are a braver woman than me – hate being stung – I would have been hiding indoors after that first one….Ouch!
    @sirisan – Welcome to maintenance 😇
    @keetseel – Happy Birthday – hope you had a fabulous time 🥂
    @laurealice – enjoy celebrating your DH birthday and especially your 20th anniversary 🥂this WOL allows for such events to be enjoyed with no guilt
    @taraga – sounds like you are in control – stay strong and finish your 9 b2b’s – 3 days to go!
    @bert1802 – sounds like you have definitely got your Mojo back – another good FD!
    @happymargo – don’t overdo things and let that knee rest a bit – treadmill walking sounds the best idea
    @saffy420 – “cake my sister in law had had made with a picture of me and my OH on our wedding day”
    did you just celebrate a wedding anniversary too???
    @berries63 – Wow 8lbs disappeared 😊this month
    @matron65 – well done on keeping on with 5:2 despite being so busy and making a couple of lbs disappear too
    @songbirdme – thanks for the link – I will continue on my weekly weigh in after my 2nd FD – works for me!
    @snowflake56 🤗will be thinking of you
    @quebecoise – well done on cutting back the sugar so successfully………21 makes a habit of it they say

Hope all my fellow fasters are finishing strong today – TOGETHER WE ARE DEFINITELY STRONGER

Day 28 – USA – NFD

@quebecoise, another way of banishing the sugar cravings, in my experience, is to up your healthy fat intake. Healthy fat makes you satiated, which in turn, keeps the sugar dragon at bay!

Day 28 UK NFD 🌈

Day 28, Northumberland UK

Every day since last check in has been an NFD with quite a number way off and far too much junk consumed. Better the last 3 days, a bit of control regained, but summer holiday lack of routine is a big part of the problem. Control where I can, and then find my balance when routine returns in September. I expect to be up for this month, but if I retain the control for the last few days I should be within my maintenance target. Way behind on posts, 15 pages since I last caught up, so think I will just have to accept this month has passed me by.

Day 28 FD St. Louis USA
    Weight holding at 131.2

Happy Birthday keetseel!

All my best to all of you and me the fest be with you.

Day 28, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Another hike today. Maintaining. 😊😊😊

@keetseel: Happy Birthday 🎂🍾🎈

Day 29 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 79.2kg

This morning I did 152 of the hands close arms back push-ups in 7 sets, on Saturday it was 150 in 10 sets. (First time for me be break 300 of those in a week. WOOT!) Last year I could do about 3 of those if I cheated a little. Push-ups are much easier if your hands are further apart with the arms going out to the sides. There are so many variations of push-ups. For the record a push-up should take about two seconds each way, when you see some guy like on youtube bouncing up and down like a hyper-active rabbit, claiming they can do 1000 push-ups … it is because they are doing granny style push-ups. When you are only doing 15 to 20 push-ups a minute, it isn’t very exciting but it is rather painful after a few minutes.

Wishing well for those finishing up their day 28 fasts!

@okeydokey 1st of 3 B2B2B FD’s
    @at
    @taraga 6 day of 9 b2b’s
    @rox
    @annemarilyn 1st of 3B2B2B
    @maayyaa
    @dykask <=== done
    @debster251
    @melf123
    @msraven
    @molij
    @missybear
    @laurealice
    @liathanail

3rd Post
    @at ✨your Welcome ✨
    @snowflake56 I’m so concerned about you, and admiring your perseverance of continuing on for the patients that need your Doctor’s office to stay open. Bless you …. I am praying🙏for your rib to heal easily and fast. Sending virtual Hugs 🤗to you, so as not to cause you more pain. Please take care of yourself and get well soon!
    @songbirdme ✨Thanks😊
    @quebecoise I’m very impressed with your ability to translate from your language French to English! ✨☀️Good for you… I never would have realized if you hadn’t mentioned it. ✨Thank-you for the info. about the standing ab exercises. They look interesting, fun and effective😊 Here’s the link for all who are interested: http://blog.paleohacks.com/standing-ab-exercises/

Still day 28 –

Hanging in there with the liquid FD.

@debster251 – bummer when the scale goes up when you’ve been controlled. That’s what’s just happened to me after mindful NFDs on the weekend. Maybe we’ve got food in transit. But that’s also why I’m going for 3 b2bs to hopefully knock of some baggage.

@keetseel – hope you’re enjoying your birthday 🙂

@quebecoise – TY for putting in the effort to communicate with us. I’ve taken a lot of French, being a Canadian, but I’ve not been using it. I can just imagine the work of writing in it.

@snowflake56 – may your rib heal well & quickly

Day 29 NFD Melbourne, Australia
    Good morning/afternoon/evening all! Had my weekly weigh in this morning, down another 800g so all good, very pleased at the effort so far of 3.8kilos lost in a week and a half. Its the NFD I have to watch. They seem to creep up on me and before you know it you’ve eaten a big bowl of pasta or had a biscuit or two with a cup of tea!!
    Once I’m over the flu properly I can’t wait to get back outside and walk the dog. He’s been missing it, I’ve been missing it but the weather has been really cold and I’ve just not been well enough. But winter is coming to an end yippee so bring on Spring and better weather I say!
    Wow @quebecoise what a great effort your entries are! Super impressed.

Day 29, India, FD

Day 28 Canada FD

Third alternate FD. I’m looking to get ahead as I’m away for the weekend with a group of exceptional eaters! Such small portions lately I can’t imagine keeping up 🙂

Only issue I’m having is sleep. It seems like problems in that department are a side effect and I’m hoping it won’t last.

Day 28 Vancouver Island
    NFD
    1 more NFD to go for the month..hoping for good results !

Day 29, (N)FD (B2B), Norway
    I’ve planned a FD, my first B2B, but i forgot until i saw my name on the list just now…and i, for some stupid reason, had just opened a can of red bull :(…100Kcals in it…so then only 400 left for the entire day… well, lets see how it goes, it might be a CD a VCD (very controlled day 🙂 )

@quebecoise – wow that is an effort, and so frustrating when an entire post disappears. A tip to maybe avoid that, worked for me, is to write the post in “notes” on the ipad, rather then straight in the forum, that way you can go back and forth on the internet or the ipad, without losing everything you’ve written.

Did my weekly weigh in this morning, and another 0.6kg/1.3lbs down since last week. tomorrow im going out with some colleagues, for indian food…. maybe not the smartes choice the day before the last day of the challenge…but i will eat mindfully, and have water to drink.

Yesterday i had some sweet-cravings at the end of the FD…i found a smart recipe that shut that down!! 1 can of skinny cottage chees, mixed really well in a food professor..so no lumps…mix in 2 tbs of dark cocoa powder and some stevia or similar….just to any cravings away, very low kcal and 50-60grams was SO enough.

Thoughts to everyone experiencing the hurricane, looks really awful on the news!!

Day 29 UK FD 🌈

Going to finish out August with 3 FDs. Had a lovely month off now back to redemption Island and see if I can finish off this month without a gain.

Have a busy 3 days so setting myself a little challenge. Armed with Water 💦and 🍋 lemon, a meal all prepared for later and the answer “No thank you” ready for all offers I think I will be alright.

Have successful day all. Keep on keeping on! 👊🏻

Day 29 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.

Day 29 – Meath, Ireland – FD
    August Goal: 149 lbs
    Current Weight: 149.2 lbs 😄

It’s day 2 of my B2B FD and today it WILL be a liquid only. I had to go home at lunch yesterday and DH had made me a small sandwhich with home baked oat bran bread, ham and lo fat cheese…I had to eat it 😊 So decided to stick to normal FD rules and had a light dinner and an apple that evening. Came to just over 500 calls and down 3/4 pounds this morning.

Two more days at work then off on the holiday on our motorcycle on the 31st. 🍾👍🍷🍺😉 🏍

@debster251 My DH is a motorcycle fanatic and follows the road racing around Ireland as much as work allows. Plus we both now follow the Moto GP and we are travelling to the final in Valencia, Spain, in November. It’s quite exciting at a Gran Prix 🏁

Day 29/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Day 29 UK NFD

May finish the month with FD tomorrow and Thursday for a strong finish and final weigh in on Friday. Good luck to all the fasters. Special thoughts to those caught up in the floods in Texas. Hope you and all your loved ones are safe.

Day 29 – Woking, UK – NFD
    241.5lbs
    So slightly ahead of where I was hoping to be. I’m exactly 5lbs down since the start of the month and I was aiming for 4lbs down. Let’s see if it sticks! Good fast day yesterday at 682 cals for the day.

Day 29, Gozo, Malta, cd

I want to have a cd today. I’ll fast tomorrow.

Have a great Tuesday everyone

Norway, Day 29, FD, first in a B2B

Had the worst night with the youngest one keeping us up, and now I have a meeting (that I called in and will have to lead) and I am SO tired and SO hungry. But I am pouring down all the coffee I can manage, and some sparkling water, so I hope I will make it. This is my first time doing a B2B, so it was not the best start, but I WILL make it!

@maayyaa, I bought it on CDON.com, of all places. I just googled it at that was the site that came up seeling it in Norway. I think they got it from Gymgrossisten. I also found a package on Meny, haven’t tried it yet, but I will this afternoon. I will let you know how it is. 🙂

Gotta run to my meeting, I am a bit nervous, as I am fairly new in this job. I feel so small, but I try to remember that I do have a PhD and that I do have something to contibute with. I think. I hope. Bah! Dr.Mari can do this! Both the meeting and the B2B fast =D

Day 29 UK FD sorry for being AWOL yesterday. Just had a good catch up on posts and it never ceases to amaze me what an inspirational bunch you are,which I’m going to need as I’m not doing so well at the moment ,hoping to hit that reset button today

Day 29, CD, UK

Matched my lowest weight in over a year (whoo hoo) and only 1.5lb away from my interim goal.

have a great day all

Day 29, Wales, NFD

Viewing 50 posts - 1,801 through 1,850 (of 2,032 total)

You must be logged in to reply.