August 2017 – 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2017 – 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 2,027 replies, has 142 voices, and was last updated by  Yondi 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 2,032 total)

• Day 21 – UK FD
    Still going ok, had a couple of big nights out last week so only lost 1lb this week, (now 171). Getting there though….

Day 21 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Happy to be home, safe and sound, uneventful travel. Sorry to see lots of clouds here today, though, so the 85% Solar Eclipse we are due to get here in northern Illinois won’t be very good. I’ll see what TV shows though. Very southern IL is due to get 100% so I know people driving south to see it.

Happy too the home scale shows no change after being gone. YEAH! Looking forward to getting into fall clothes. Each season I find more things that don’t fit any more. Yeah for that!

Will hopefully get to read posts and catch up with you all later on — Onward and downward!

Day 21, Emden Germany, 1st FD of b2b

@keetseel, @sirisan and @mogaman thinking of you all, hugs

Day 21 Belfast FD

I met a young woman (probably in her mid 20s) this weekend, who was a total inspiration. She travels quite widely with her husband, to enjoy different eating experience. We got talking and she told us that she had lost 12 stone, (168lbs)on her own, by just changing her nutrition. She now eats slowly, mindfully and stops when she is full. She rarely eats ‘fast food’ and didn’t do any ‘faddy diet’. She was so vibrant and confident. She left such a impression on me and it made me realise that our weight is so intertwined with our self confidence and sense of value.
    @annemarilyn – glad you enjoyed your son’s visit. Nothing like some family time!
    @fatrabbit – if you’re out there, We’re missing your input and are sending our hugs and support.
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver – I’ve managed to halve my meds for excess stomach acid and no longer use inhalers for my asthma. Result!
    @dykask – well done on finishing your huge fasting challenge. I’m just wondering if Mrs Dykask was away while you were doing this and if she has noticed the difference? You have amazing willpower.

I’m starting a pocket list here.
    @belmc
    @onahealthyhigh
    @dykask
    @melf123
    @mogaman
    @ducks_d
    @rocy65
    @daffodil2010
    @msraven
    @liathanail
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @molij
    @lyonlottie
    @lynned
    @yolina
    @happymargo
    @bert1802
    @chumi
    @penz
    @berries63
    @snowflake (b2b)
    @debster251

We are on a run down to the end of the month. Let’s make this last ten days really count!
    Stay strong everyoneπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Day 21 – USA – NFD

Getting ready for our total eclipse…lots of traffic on our road, which is unusual for us since we moved here to a rural area 5 years ago, but not like it’s Times Square or anything, lol. Happy viewing! I’m looking for the feta/avocado recipe someone mentioned last week…anyone?

Day 21 Norway FD
    Day 20 – NFD
    Day 19 – NFD
    Day 18 – NFD

On thursday i went on my RV-trip with some family members so i knew i wasn’t gonna be able to count my kcal this long weekend. I did my “thursday FD” on wednesday just to be sure. And was looking forward to a fast day today. I ate my only meal just now…and sorry to say, i kind of miscounted…or something…should have counted AHEAD of eating, rather than after…i ate 327kcal too many πŸ™
    I was already thinking about a 3 days fast this week, monday, wednesday and friday, so now i know i have to…im not gonna weigh in tomorrow morning either…im gonna weight until next tuesday, wait until I’m on track again. I have 180-something emails from this forum just waiting to be read, so i guess i have some reading to to.

Onwards and downwards.

Day 21 Akron Ohio FD. Lovely weekend. We attended a birthday party and I had some cake and pizza yum! I really enjoy how I feel on my FD.
    Adding myself to the pocket list.

@belmc
    @onahealthyhigh
    @dykask
    @melf123
    @mogaman
    @ducks_d
    @rocy65
    @daffodil2010
    @msraven
    @liathanail
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @molij
    @lyonlottie
    @lynned
    @yolina
    @happymargo
    @bert1802
    @chumi
    @penz
    @berries63
    @snowflake (b2b)
    @debster251
    @basyjames

Day 21 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Nice to be back home and to normal routines much as I enjoyed my visit to sunny Suffolk!

I normally do a Monday Fast but after fasting on Saturday just did not feel like it today so tomorrow will be my FD – going for a walk with friends in the morning and I have a late yoga class at 6pm so should work out – I have a fresh kefir batch brewing since returning home so will have some tomorrow

Met up with some friends for a coffee and a catch up this afternoon and heading out to a High Impact Pilates class early this evening – be interesting to see how I fare having done no exercise apart from my plank challenge for the past 10 days……..

@flourbaby – love those teal shoes – you’ll feel fab wearing them πŸ‘ could not find one in teal!!!!!
    @metatauta – so good that this WOL allows for enjoying life and good food and a few 🍷πŸ₯‚and staying in maintenance – I just seem to have reached this weight and maintained – I still fast for the long term health benefits and because I enjoy that lovely feeling when I wake up after a FD
    @keetseel – good luck with the job application and I’m sure you got a big hug from your cyber family here instead of being able to hold that puppy when we read your post πŸ€—
    @dykask – thank you for the feedback re your prolonged fasting – strength of mind on your part – well done
    @bellyblast – join our “pocket winos” group – we all love our wine and just try to restrict ourselves a bit!!!!!
    @carolmscotland – I save all of my calories except for a bit of skimmed milk in cups of tea for my evening meal when I choose to eat on a FD, sometimes I just drink water and cups of tea of 36/40hrs – all depends on how I feel. I’m not a breakfast person anyway so never feel the need to eat on waking! Since settling in maintenance on this WOL I eat when I feel hungry and not dictated by the traditional meal times
    @annemarilyn – sounds like you had a lovely visit with your son
    @brightonbelle – thanks for the welcome back – I visited Sicily several times when much younger and loved it there, the inner mountains are equally beautiful as the coastline – did some great walks! What a lovely highlight to your holiday!

We have 10 days left in this challenge after today – LET’S MAKE IT COUNT – a final push to the end of the month!
    – Some good weight loss going on this month – you all know who you are – GREAT JOB
    – Some are working hard at maintaining – Let’s keep going strong!
    – A few are struggling – we are willing you all on………

I thought it would be a great quote to support those who are struggling and having doubts about what they can achieve:-
    β€œStop beating yourself up
    Stop making a list of all the things you think you’ve done wrong
    And start making a list of all that you do right
    It’s time to be proud of who you are; and how far you’ve come.”

Day 21, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Yesterday was no CD but real NFD. Life happens.
    Today my FD will not happen because a spontaneous solar eclipse party will happen in my garden, starting in half an hour. Everything is prepared and ready. 93% in my neck of the woods. Full view from my front yard! Food will be involved! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… It will be fun to experience this cool event will good friends! 😊😊😊

Tomorrow I will push the reset button.

Happy ‘Eclipsing’ to all who can participate! β˜‰β˜€β˜‰

Day 21 California USA FD

Went out to dinner last night and ate only half of the eggplant Parmesan, but drank 2 glasses of wine. So pretty happy that today is a FD.
    The eclipse just passed by a while ago. It’s getting brighter now. And warmer! I think I must have been one of those people, in a former life, who thought the world was coming to an end during an eclipse. It seems creepy.😁

Addiing my name to the pocket list:

@belmc
    @onahealthyhigh
    @dykask
    @melf123
    @mogaman
    @ducks_d
    @rocy65
    @daffodil2010
    @msraven
    @liathanail
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @molij
    @lyonlottie
    @lynned
    @yolina
    @happymargo
    @bert1802
    @chumi
    @penz
    @berries63
    @snowflake (b2b)
    @debster251
    @basyjames
    @califdreamer

Day 21 Vancouver Island
    FD
    wow 10 days to go, I think I need to change my goal πŸ™‚

Day 21 USA FD!!

Day 21, Gozo Malta, cd

Today is bellow tdee and around 1300 calories. I ate a cranberry and almond bar for dinner but as I have flu and taking antibiotics I’m not skipping breakfast. Today turned into a controlled day.

I’ll fast tomorrow.

Good night everyone, onwards and downwards.

2nd post
    FD going well, but I am feeling fat. I think a B2B might be called for. And then see if I can add a 3rd one… NFDs are definitely my problem, so I need to minimize them.

Day 21 Lancaster, PA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ FD 1st of 3 B2B’s

Glad to be fasting today and 😎enjoying spending time with my wonderful DD and DS. Watching the images on tv of the solar eclipse.
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰βœ¨βœ¨πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰Congratulations @steve-toon-taxi-driver βœ¨βœ¨πŸŽ‰You have eradicated so much weight and you are getting healthier and healthier ✨Keep on, Keeping on!✨😊
    I will have time to read more later today✨
    Wishing everyone well✨
    Please add your name if you are Fasting todayβœ¨πŸ˜ŽπŸŽ‰

@belmc
    @onahealthyhigh
    @dykask
    @melf123
    @mogaman
    @ducks_d
    @rocy65
    @daffodil2010
    @msraven
    @liathanail
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @molij
    @lyonlottie
    @lynned
    @yolina
    @happymargo
    @bert1802
    @chumi
    @penz
    @berries63
    @snowflake (b2b)
    @debster251
    @basyjames
    @califdreamer
    @okeydokey 1st of 3 b2b’s
    @bigviking
    ✨✨✨✨✨😎😎✨✨✨✨😎😎✨✨✨✨

Day 21– Colorado USA– FD (2n dpost)

Finished eclipse viewing.πŸŒ— It was cool. 😎
    Didn’t have the glasses so made an old-school Boy Scout shoebox πŸ“¦ eclipse viewer. Performed admirably. Plus, we had completely clear skies & perfect weather for it.

Now I need to bang out my “100 Moves” before hopping on treadmill to catch up on this thread & get started on our Book Club selection. We’re reading Jodi Picoult “Great Small Things.” Know nothing about it, hope it’s good.

Stay strong Fellow Fasters!

day 22 Queensland Australia NFD
    Wow lots of rain today….have not really had Winter here this year and its Spring in just over a week, so its nice to see a little rain. Even have the heater going this morning!
    NFD today but will make it a CD and aim for around 600-800 cal I think. Or maybe will try a B2B…haven’t done that yet. Had a good FD yesterday about 480 cal. but scales are up this morning! Grrr. However not worried as I now accept that this happens and numbers on the scales aren’t the most important thing. Not really hungry today so should find the CD pretty easy I think. I usually eat between 8a.m and 6pm on FD (berry smoothie with half skim milk and water, Miso soup, apple and very light dinner) but reading all posts think I will start trying 16:8 and see how that goes. Like others I actually enjoy FD…especially after the weekend when I have usually indulged in wine and more food than usual.
    @belfastsink that smokey veg. chilli dish sounds yum!! Would love you to post recipe!!! (Maybe we should start a recipe forum as well? Or maybe there already is one?)
    @at loved the quote and so true, it’s so easy to find fault in ourselves but not look at what we do that is right and good. I will remember that… not just for this challenge but life in general as I do tend to be very self critical particularly when it comes to my work.
    Happy eclipsing over the other side of the world! And good fasting to all the FD crew today. Have a great day all.

2nd Post
    @belmc & @belfastsink Great idea about a recipe forum! ✨😊✨
    @at Thanks for the wonderful quote✨ Also do you have the location that I can purchase kefir? What is the procedure and, or recipe to make it. I’ve been only able to drink fluids lately, or “blended up” food in my Ninja blender, because of the issues with my teeth. At least I am eating less ✨

3rd Post
    @at as of now the kefir I have included sugar in it. Was thinking of making some without sugar, or lower sugar if possible.✨

2nd post

Hi @okeydokey – I just use full fat milk and kefir grains to make my kefir, no added sugar required – here are two very useful links when you are starting out for making kefir at home that I found – you should be able to buy the grains via Amazon or google where to buy in America

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/category/milk-kefir/

https://happykombucha.co.uk/pages/what-is-kefir

I initially got some grains from a local company that I found on line and the first two batches I made were not very good but by the 3rd fermentation I had very good kefir – taste a bit like runny greek style yogurt slightly sour

I often second ferment my kefir with fruit, raspberries or blueberries are my favourite – note only add fruit after you have strained the kefir from the grains or the grains will be spoilt.
    I also sometimes ferment the kefir until the curds completely separate from the whey and discard the whey and then strain the grains from the curd and what you are left with is very much like a set yogurt

Hope all this is helpful
    AT

Day 21 – Albuquerque – NFD

Well oops! The weekend got away from me for updating here! I was pretty busy the whole weekend finishing unpacking the VERY LAST MOVING BOX!!! (it only took 9 months). Both days were NFD for me though I have noticed that regardless of if its a work day or not I am usually well below my TDEE – like 400 or more, and its never on purpose. In fact all weekend we ate out even having pizza on Sunday night. I think i’m just not as hungry as I used to be… hopefully it won’t throw anything off.

Sunday was also weigh in day… DUN DUN DUN!!! And I actually lost 4 whole pounds!! I also did my measurements and lost 1.5 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips! My pants are starting to feel a little looser so I’m chalking this all up as a great start!

@keetseel I totally am with you with a new creative job. I’ve been in the market for a while but ABQ doesn’t seem to offer a lot creative-wise (at least that pays well)
    @msraven YAY!! Go you and your 2lb loss!!
    @happymargo The 100 moves challenge sounds pretty awesome! I may try something like that come Sept since i’m already doing a challenge (just 10 days to go!!)
    @bert1802 HAHAHA oh that was the perfect way to start off reading on a Monday morning! And I couldn’t agree more!!

We are so close to finishing this month!! Let’s keep up the great work!!

Day 21–ABQ–CD

Thank you, Debster, AT and Snowflake! πŸ™‚

Day 21. QuΓ©bec. FD

Yes, I am fasting today. It is 5:15 pm and I did not eat yet. Now I just have to stay carefull this evening. I am adding my name to the list. Also, this is my 13th day without any sugar. Proud !

@belmc
    @onahealthyhigh
    @dykask
    @melf123
    @mogaman
    @ducks_d
    @rocy65
    @daffodil2010
    @msraven
    @liathanail
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @molij
    @lyonlottie
    @lynned
    @yolina
    @happymargo
    @bert1802
    @chumi
    @penz
    @berries63
    @snowflake (b2b)
    @debster251
    @basyjames
    @califdreamer
    @okeydokey 1st of 3 b2b’s
    @bigviking
    ✨✨✨✨✨😎😎✨✨✨✨😎😎✨✨✨✨
    @QuΓ©bΓ©coise

Bye bye everyone x

Day 21 NFD St. Louis USA Solar Eclipse Day
    Just got home from friends house who had a gathering to watch the eclipse together. It was hot, about 90, clear and sunny. The total eclipse lasted about a minute and a half for us. It was fun watching the sky change, temperature drop briefly, cicadas came out and night birds were singing. Most of the food was healthy except for the half of fudge brownie I ate, then my friend was a bad influence on me and we stop by the bakery and I got some kind of a le leche caramel cake. Will probably still stay within my TDEEs. Too hot to walk so may work on my dance movement routine.

Will be fasting with all of you tomorrow. I have met my goal but want to be diligent to maintain. I am confident that it’s the evening eating and snacking that does me in. Even though it’s mostly healthy eating, it’s the one thing I do that seems to make the most difference in my weight and, more importantly, feeling healthy and strong in my body.

@at I have ordered from cultures for health before and found their products to be of good quality. I’ve purchased Kiefer grains from them. I’ve never bought Kumbucha that way. I’ve gotten my Scobies from friends.

Thank you again for those who offered support for my brother and my family. We are still waiting for news about treatment so I probably will post again. Even though I know none of you personally, I so appreciate the many kind words and the support we offer each other in so many ways. It tends to restore ones faith in the goodness of humanity.

All my best to all of you.

Day 21 – SW WA USA – NFD

Usually Monday is my normal FD but due to the Solar Eclipse party, it’s a feasting day. We started out with steel cut oatmeal with almonds, raisins & brown sugar plus mimosas and Moon Pies plus a lot more. There was a large spiral of sausage cooked on the BBQ, peppers & onions in tinfoil on the BBQ as well, eggs (in a crockpot), blueberry coffee cake and more. Lots of laughter that helped burn some calories!
    It was neat to feel a breeze pick up and the temperature drop as it got a little darker. The streetlights and business signs lit up in the distance for a while as well. We were at a 98% place in the eclipse pattern.
    I’ve been enjoying reading the descriptions from across the country.

Day 22 – Tokyo, Japan – NDF 76.3kg

Feel normal this early morning. I’m going to try to get in a hard HIT workout today, I feel like I really need it.

Hello day 21 co down ni fd

Hope @brightonbelle and @rocy65 πŸ‘§πŸ‘©πŸ‘΅ you both still have firm grips. A good fast day with one coffee and one apple (more out of boredom than hunger. My OH and I went to the cinema after I finished work so it was 8pm until I had a small plate of dinner. My OH had bought Catherine Wheels (liquorice – yum) and i very saint like took 3 and have kept them until tomorrow. Probably could have done without dinner but it was the smell that got to me. Still – very pleased with myself. Nothing to confess 🐒 but feeling strong πŸ’ͺ

Day 22/CD < 1500 cal/Melbourne Australia

August hasn’t quite gone according to plan. A severe head cold and out of control NFDs and an over the top luncheon (3500 calories 😜) have played havoc with my goals. The two fast days last week saw my weight stabilise below my goal weight but only just. Friday night I uncorked a delicious pinot grigio with the aim to enjoy it over the weekend. Needless to say I drank 3/4, ate too much cheese and biscuits and promptly fell asleep during my favourite weekly program. Not a good look for a 65 year old, pocket winos!

I read an interesting article by an economist in our local paper. She had embraced the Kon Mari method of decluttering and organising and in doing so lost 10kg. When I started 5:2 I did the same. Preparing for retirement I wanted to be as healthy and organised as possible. Somehow the two went together. The article was the inspiration I needed to reset. I’m taking back control and have updated the spreadsheet for the rest of the month – CDs and FDs all planned. My pantry has been tidied up. Those pesky dried biscuits and dried fruit have been placed on a higher shelf out of reach. No more mindless snacking when I make a cup of tea. Today I plan to reassess my wardrobe. Buying a new wardrobe when I reached goal weight was really inspiring and motivating. I hope to recapture that feeling.

Lots of inspirational posts and great losses. My heart goes out to @mogaman and @sirisan. @belmc a 600 – 800 calorie day is considered a FD under the new rules.
    @at and @okeydokey welcome back.

We all know what we have to do to achieve our goals but if we don’t change our bad habits adding good habits will not help. Especially in the long term.

Just curious … I see OH, DH and OS all the time what do they actually mean?

OH – old husband, other husband, original husband ??? They don’t seem nice
    DH – dear husband? delightful husband or dirty husband?
    OS – old spouse, other spouse, original spouse ??? Maybe your SO is an android and it refers to Operating System? (I know about SO)

Day 22 Sydney FD

So excited to have almost finished two months of fasting and eating healthily.

Pocket list fasters for today from the spreadsheet. Please add your name to it if you’re also fasting.

@at
    @keetseel
    @losing_it
    @mari84
    @snowflake56

Hope you’re all excited for today!

@at Thank-you for the information about Kefir✨

Day 22 Lancaster, PA 2 of 3 B2B’s

Adding myself for Fasting, Day 22 ✨Wishing Everybody Well!✨

Pocket list fasters for today from the spreadsheet. Please add your name to it if you’re also fasting.
    @at
    @keetseel
    @losing_it
    @mari84
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey

✨We Got This! βœ¨πŸ’ƒβœ¨πŸ•ΊπŸΌβœ¨πŸ’ƒβœ¨πŸ•ΊπŸΌβœ¨πŸ˜Šβœ¨

Still day 21 here –

@dykask – about the initials πŸ™‚ OH – other half, OS – older or oldest son I believe, DH – definitely Darling Husband. There are others I sometimes wonder about but can’t think of them right now.

Adding myself for Fasting, Day 22 ✨Wishing Everybody Well!✨

@at
    @keetseel
    @losing_it
    @mari84
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @annemarilyn

Day 21, USA, Missouri Ozarks FD

Back to work, back to fasting. I’ve been MIA for a couple of days (they were NFD’s by the way) because I got stung a few times by some type of bee, wasp, hornet, something – stung on the top of my forehead but my entire right side of my face swelled up (eye swollen closed, black underneath, very filled with fluid like it might burst open, yikes ! ) However, it is much better today, just a bit warm, swollen and bruised. Looks like I went a couple of rounds (losing ones) with Rocky Balboa ! BUT I did get a lot of yardwork done before calamity struck so it’s all good.

Hope everybody else is doing well and that they do not have a fat, hot, swollen, bruised face…

Day 21 NFD Canada

Felt much hungrier today than yesterday’s FD- go figure!!

@debster251 that is quite a story! I’ve been thinking about what I would like to achieve and eating well and mindfully is at the top of the list. Then losing a few pounds of fat. A WOL I would love to carry on with forever!

@lindasue ouch. Glad you are on the mend.

Dinner time- very small steak + salad + red vino

Day22, India, FD

Day22 Melbourne, Australia NFD
    Well, after getting back on the 5:2 wagon after several LONG months off, I am pleased to say the scales showed a lose of 3kg!! Wow even if I do say so myself. And it wasn’t arduous or too tedious, the snack dragon didn’t really raise its head. And I think this was partly due to being sick and not getting out of bed to eat a lot on my NFD’s and making sure I ate high fibre, protein based food on my FD. And lots to drink, water and teas. And I made sure my NFD weren’t out of control. I still had some nice treats but I tried to make them smaller than I would usually have. And I felt satisfied, strange really how a little bit of something nice hits the same spot as a lot of something…..

I really hope it continues, probably not as spectacular as this week’s loss (but wouldn’t it be great if it did??), but just continues to be a loss every week.

As many say, its a WOL not a diet. I need to keep reminding myself of that.

Day 20 UK NFD 🌈
    Day 21 UK NFD 🌈
    Day 22 UK FD 🌈

Hi all, had a lovely break, didn’t go away anywhere just seeing family and friends and relaxing, which also involved a lot of drinking and eating, I would say my eating was good, my drinking was not πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Back on it today, work, healthy eating and exercise. Sometimes I feel a break gives u renewed energy.

Have a good day all. Keep on keeping on πŸ‘ŠπŸ» Just do it!

Day 22 Newcastle UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ NFD.

Day 22 Ireland NFD

Good FD yesterday but no scale movement this morning. Ho hum.
    DH cooked a huge steak with a bottle of red wine for dinner while I primly had my FD broccoli and chick pea soup….so many credits for me.
    I am doing a 16:8 NFD today…with homemade tomato soup and a tuna sandwhich on home baked oat bran bread for lunch. Then a beef and carrot casserole for dinner. It’s coming in around 1000 cals on my FitBit food tracker.

I have found that if I have a big breakfast I am ravenous by lunch so skipping breakfast as much as possible will be the way. But as I speak, my DH has the grill on for sausages ( he is off today) so I better get to work quick πŸ€—

Day 22, UK, CD
    Today I will not give in to the pastries in the coffee shop! A nice healthy wholemeal bagel with cream cheese and fresh tomato will be just as delicious…. But I have got to have that cappucino πŸ™‚

See y’all tomorrow

Day 22, Shanghai, NFD

Thanks @at for the links about kefir. I am trying to decide between making kefir or kombucha. Much of it depends on how much room it will take up as my kitchen is tiny.

Am now back at work and suddenly the FD is no problem. On holiday, towards the end (being a teacher, the summer is a vast stretch of temptation) I could not maintain the momentum. The call of chilled white wine in the evening was too great. And it is never just one glass of wine with me, I am afraid.

Very envious of listers in the US who got to see the eclipse.

Anyway, very happy to be back in the community here and also relieved that my motivation is back intact after a couple of dodgy weeks. Looking forward to a strong finish to August.

Day 22, UK, FD

Day 2 of B2B. Scales a little more forgiving this morning, but will take a few more FDs this week even to get me back to where I started the challenge.

Day 22 – Woking, UK – NFD
    243.5lbs
    Am now exactly 3lbs down for the month against my target of 4lbs so on track. Yesterday was a good fast day – 645 calories. Gym tonight so should be a good day.

Day 22 UK NFD

A successful fast day yesterday and aiming for a very controlled NFD today , the hand holding must have worked @coda – liquids only til around 3.30 and then I had just 2 ryvitas with smoked salmon which saw me through til dinner so well under 500 cals for the day πŸ˜ƒ

Day 21 | Cork, Ireland | FD
    Day 22 | Cork, Ireland | CD (800 – 1000 cals planned)

Day 22, Wales, NFD

Had a go at skipping breakfast on yesterday’s FD and lasted the morning well enough but got hungrier later in the day and ended up eating more later in the day so my calories count was the same as my normal FDs. On balance I think I prefer to stretch my FD calories over 3 smaller meals as this keeps the hunger dragon under control.

Hope you all have a good day.

Day 22, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

Quick check-in, sighing in relief (again) that it’s a FD!!! I’ve got to stop using FDs as a cure-all, after an overindulgent weekend. I need to be mindful at ALL times otherwise I’m doing that bouncy-bouncy thing, I hate to do, with the scales!!!

I need to take some time out to plan my weeks meals which will keep me on track!!

Stay strong & keep the faith people!!!!!

@annemarilyn – Thank you for meanings … you revived some of my memory. Living in Japan has limited my English. πŸ™ Oh, well.

Day 22 Belfast NFD (CD)

I stepped on the scales this morning and while they didn’t go down, they certainly didn’t go up from the weekend’s indulgences, which is a positive.

@califdreamer – I agree. I remember an eclipse about 20 years ago here, and all the birds stopped singing and it was really eerie.
    @belmc it seems funny when you are looking forward to spring, and for us in the northern hemisphere, autumn is just round the corner.
    @quebecoise – you should be very proud. I need to attend more to that sugar dragon.πŸ‰πŸ—‘
    @dykask – you made me chuckle and I see that AnneMarilyn answered your question!
    @lindasue poor you! Hope your face returns to normal asap. I am the person the midges love – I got bitten twice on the arm about 3weeks ago and I still have an itchy red lump. ☹️ And that’s not even close to a bee sting!
    @ Bellyblast – it was only a short conversation and I didn’t have time to ask questions like how long it took. She showed me a picture of her at 23 stones and you wouldn’t even recognise her. She is a beautiful girl and she said she just wanted to be a healthy mummy. That will stay with me for a long time.
    @melf123 – that’s a fantastic result. Well done. I know your comment about drinking lots of fluid is so true.
    @liathanail – well done on those 3 lbs.
    I am off to clean and shop. We have a Canadian cousin coming at the end of the week, so lots of entertaining.

Remember: I didn’t come this far only to come this far. TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 2,032 total)

You must be logged in to reply.