August 2017 – 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2017 – 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 2,027 replies, has 142 voices, and was last updated by  Yondi 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 2,032 total)

• Day 19, London, UK, NFD

Bit late checking in.

So, I’ve lost control of the snack dragon simply because I walked into the shop and using my hard earned cash, purchased those snacks, brought them home and actually put them in my kitchen cupboard, but not for long, now some of them are in me!!!………… INSANITY!!!!!!! I would kick my own arse if my thighs were slimmer….Hhmm!!! I know the reason too, and it’s very simple (pocket wino’s, I KNOW you’re with me!!!) ………….. red wine makes snacking look like a sensible, well thought out, reasonable and nutritious choice!!!!! reset, Reset, RESET!!!!

@mogaman – Celebrate!!!! Enjoy!!!! Remember!!!! hugs to you. xx

@lynzm – You’re not with MI5 are you?……. well kept secrets aside, Happy belated birthday……… I hope there was cake!!!!

Stay strong everyone, WE HAVE GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 19 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    I did well yesterday until evening and then I made toast with peanut butter. I wasn’t even hungry but the toast kept calling my name. We don’t usually keep bread in the house because it’s such a trigger for me. 🥖
    Today is going well and I’m feeling strong. 💪

Day 19 Netherlands NFD

After doing a 4:3 this week I ended on 78kg I had hoped to be lower but the weight seems to be more stable rather than going up and down. Bit of a splurge day today before going back to be more controlled for the last 3 days before my holiday.

Norway, DAY 18, NFD

I was at my nephew’s birthday today and had cake, and I have had some snacks bothe yesterday and today. But I am still sick and also got my period yesterday so I simply did not have the strength to resist. I am very ready to try to fix it next week with fasting and more control, looking forward to it! Went on the scale today to see if there was any damage but not too much up considering the circumstances, I usually gain 1-2kg of water when I have my period.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Day 19– Colorado USA– NFD (2nd post)

@bert1802 and @ CalifDreamer — love your idea of Off Scale Milestones. Especially motivating when it feels like the numbers aren’t cooperating.

When I got back on the 5:2 IF wagon, I started up my own “100 Moves Challenge.”
    Every day I complete 100 body weight or dumbbell strength moves. No going to bed until those 100 reps are finished.!!

Some of the exercises included are: squats, press ups, pull ups, kettle bell swings, dips, bridges, leg raises, overhead press, etc, etc. I have a lot to choose from to keep each circuit fresh.
    When I started I could barely do 5 push-ups. In just 3 weeks, I’m already able to do 10.
    My quads (thighs) are already showing a touch of muscle definition.
    And I can now knock out 2 sets of 10 down-under pull-ups = 20. The scale doesn’t show that!

Day 19 California USA NFD

Was up only .2 of a pound this morning, 2 days after my last FD. Still in the 135, 61 kg zone.

Non-scale milestone: I’m wearing another pair of khaki jeans that I forgot I had. I bought them a few years ago and only wore them once because they were too tight and too short. Today they’re a little baggy and a little long. I think the longer length is because of less fat to get hung up on, on the way down to my ankles!

It’s a NFD but I’m not really hungry. I ate some fruit and some miso soup because my BP was kind of low and I needed the salt. I’ve been off all BP meds for about a week after slowly decreasing them.

We usually rent and watch a movie and have pizza on Saturday night but it’s kind of hot here today so maybe I’ll make salmon instead. I bought a large salmon filet yesterday.

@dykask – I never did well for very long on the keto and low carb diets and I don’t like the way I feel on them. I like fruits and veggies too much to give them up.

For everyone celebrating where cake is involved today…Did you ever notice how a small slice of cake eaten very slowly and deliberately tastes much better than a couple huge chunks bolted down in 45 seconds? 😁

@mogaman – I also use the Lose it app. Pre-entering my food, especially at a restaurant, really opened my eyes re: calories & portion size. Using that app was surprising & educational both at once!

@dykask — that was amazing following your extended Fast. Thank you posting all the details! Amazing willpower!

Hello day 19 nfd co down ni

Hugs @mogaman very sad to hear about your son Joseph. I hope you have a good day with lots of good memories.

@lynzm happy birthday hope you had a good day.

So best laid plans – I set off today but just round the corner I couldn’t get my car into another gear and I ground to a halt. Had to call on my OH and my visit to my Dad’s had to be cancelled. I won’t go into the ins and outs of the misunderstanding between me and OH over me driving his car and where I should park as he limped home in mine but he did laugh when I fessed up (when he asked why his brake light was going on and off) to putting my foot on the brake rather than accelerator while trying to start it (I was flustered and I had only driven his car once before with him beside me lol 😂). So no liquorice allsorts and no eccles cake. I did share a scone over coffee with OH who had to act as chauffeur as I did the weekly shop. We then had a lovely dinner of sea bass and a large mixed salad with feta, olives and avocado. And enjoyed a glass of white. So while not what I planned I am still pleased it was still on plan

Day 19 Queensland Australia NFD

Morning all
    Beautiful sunny Sunday here. Up about 700g today due to very uncontrolled eating yesterday. Silly me bought Chocolate bullets and honeycomb and OH and I ate quite a bit of it while being very lazy and watching a couple of movies. However, not too worried as I know a controlled NFD today and a FD tomorrow should see me head the other way. Pocket winos I was good all week but the Friday night “end-of-a-long-week” excuse saw me indulging in white wine….. like you said @daffodil2010 , “with gusto!” Paid for it yesterday with a headache and bad food choices. Had a good laugh @flourbaby … TOTALLY with you on the wine making snacking look like well thought out nutritious choice. Ha Ha!! For me it’s back on the wagon now till next Friday and even then will TRY to be more liberal with the water and less with the wine. (Yeh, lets see how that pans out next Saturday morning!) Will TRY!!! Congrats @dykask on your mammoth fast!! Interesting to read your posts. Have a lovely Sunday across the world everyone.

Day 19 – USA (UT visiting ) – NFD
    Day 20 – USA (travel home) – NFD

When I have popcorn (I LOVE butter and salt) I always am up a pound or two the next morning. Check. Cannot go to a movie without eating popcorn, but “Hitman’s Bodyguard” was pretty entertaining. I do dislike chase scenes, but these were not terribly long. Ryan Reynolds and Samuel Jackson have some excellent banter.

Heading back to Illinois tomorrow so many not be able to post, but know I am with you.

@daffodil2010 – your diet with no fruit, Dukan, sounds much like when I did South Beach. I also had to learn to reintroduce some fruit into my diet mostly for the fibre. I’m into Jazz apples myself! Your Pink Ladies are very nice too, though!

@debster251 – will put that Picolt book on MY list! 🙂

Onward and downward!

@mogaman — I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your son. But what a beautiful way to celebrate his memory, at a favorite beach & a restaurant bearing his name. Hope you had a lovely time.

@lynzm — Happy birthday wishes to you!

Day 20 – Tokyo, Japan – FD 75.3kg new low for me!!

The stats so far:
    @16 hours – glucose 95mg/dl, ketones ~0.0 mg/dl, 82.4kg
    @30 hours – glucose 90mg/dl, ketones ~0.5 mg/dl, 80.2kg <— Some fat
    @41 hours – glucose 91mg/dl, ketones ~1.5 mg/dl, 79.8kg
    @48 hours – glucose 85mg/dl, ketones ~4.0 mg/dl, 79.0kg <— burning fat
    @64 hours – glucose 74mg/dl, ketones ~6.0 mg/dl, 78.8kg
    @71 hours – glucose 68mg/dl, ketones ~6.0 mg/dl, 78.5kg
    @74 hours – glucose 66mg/dl, ketones ~6.0 mg/dl
    @87 hours – glucose 62mg/dl, ketones ~8.0 mg/dl, 77.2kg
    @90 hours – glucose 67mg/dl, ketones ~8.0 mg/dl, 76.5kg (after workout)
    @95 hours – glucose 70mg/dl, ketones >10 mg/dl, 76.9kg
    @101 hours- glucose 70mg/dl, ketones >10 mg/dl, 76.6kg BMI 25.3
    @112 hours- glucose 75mg/dl, ketones > 8 mg/dl, 76.2kg BMI 25.2
    @120 hours- glucose 69mg/dl, ketones ~7.0 mg/dl, 76.7kg
    @124 hours- glucose 69mg/dl, ketones ~7.0 mg/dl, 76.3kg
    @136 hours= glucose 71mg/dl, ketones ~12 mg/dl, 75.3kg BMI 24.9

Normal BMI! Too bad I have to fast for over 5 days to achieve it. Maybe I’ll be able to maintain this level of weight next year.

Ketones seem to go up and down a bit. I could also be the test strips or my eyes comparing the colors. But I’m clearly deep in ketosis. According to my activity tracker I’ve burn over 15000 calories this fast. That should be over 1kg of fat.

This morning I’m feeling good and I’m planning on pushing through today, only 8 hours to go. Today might take some willpower as it is a Sunday where I’ll have very easy access to treats. But my hunger dragon seems to be sleeping right now. I wouldn’t say I feel better than normal, but I’m in the 90% range.

On thing I’m not liking about ketosis is my muscles feel weak. They aren’t really weak and they work when I use them, I just feel like I can’t push. I don’t know if that makes sense.

@mogaman – It a horrible experience to lose a child, my heart goes out to you. I’m impressed by your attitude.

Day 20/CD<1485 cal/Melbourne Australia

@dykask. Whoosh but that is impressive. From my experience and I have never gone past about 66 hours both BG and ketones go up and down. That is normal. Id be buying myself a keto meter!! I use an optium neo but there are other brands out there. I have also experienced that “weak” muscular feeling. I cant put my finger on what it is exactly. I can still do my physical activities, I can even exert myself significantly on my bike rides but the feeling is there. So once again that is “normal” based on my experience as well. Obviously processing ketones takes a completely different path than processing glucose. Is that it? Glycogen stores are topped up during the sleeping process but no where near to the same levels as a person on carbs. Maybe somewhere between 60-80% of a carbed up person. Is that partially responsible for the “feeling”?

When are you measuring your BG and ketones? First thing upon waking up or last thing before going to bed? There will be a big variation depending when you measure.

Day 20, India, NFD

Day 19 Canada NFD

Yesterday’s FD was really easy, kept busy until 6.30pm..
    Had a light eating day today.
    I’m never going to be a long term calorie counter so am going to see if eating mindfully on NFD is going to work out.

@mogaman hugs
    @debster251 I will try to add myself to the calendar tomorrow.

I’m going to do another FD tomorrow as it’s the best fit for the week ahead.

Day 19 NFD St. Louis USA
    Had a birthday lunch for my granddaughter today. Noticing it’s been more difficult to avoid getting back to my old snacking post vacation. Still keeping up my steps and did a short kettle bell workout this evening.

I’m behind on reading posts. Found out that my brother who has survived prostate cancer with radiation and then lung cancer with chemo has now discovered some malignancy from the lung cancer has gone to his brain. He says he was told it’s not brain cancer like John McCain has but something they can do a one time treatment. My sister-in-law is more concerned but it is so early we don’t really know at this point. He is my only sibling and we are close. I am very concerned.

On a more fun note, we are in the zone of almost total blackout for close to two minutes for the eclipse on Monday.

All my best to all of you.

Day 19 Vancouver Island NFD

@mogaman Please know you are in our hearts , thinking of you and your family 🙏

Day 19 Scotland NFD
    Day 20 Scotland NFD

Sorry, I am always in a rush lately. Plus the computer had to be fixed (back home with us yesterday evening!) and writing from my phone is too annoying… I will update the spreadsheet tomorrow Debster!

Update:
    @124 hours- glucose 69mg/dl, ketones ~7.0 mg/dl, 76.3kg
    @136 hours- glucose 71mg/dl, ketones ~12 mg/dl, 75.3kg BMI 24.9
    @144 hours- glucose 60mg/dl, ketones ~10 mg/dl, 75.5kg

I just had my first minor setback. I was hanging up some laundry and felt dizzy. That was about 45 minutes ago and now I see my blood glucose is at the lowest reading I’ve seen. I’m okay now but if I get into trouble I’ll just stop the fast. That being said I only have 24 hours left to make it one week. Total calories consumed so far is less than 100 for the 6 days. Biggest chunk of that was a cup of miso soup when I figured I needed some sodium. Otherwise it is just tiny amounts from black coffee, tea, etc. Maybe my long walk home carrying bags of food wasn’t the best idea. I probably should have taken a train.

Boy did I pick the wrong day to go to a church service as they were also having an ice cream social! I made it through without calories but there was some mild temptation. Japanese tend to ask you multiple times, just to be polite. One lady had brought a waffle maker that makes bowl shaped waffles and wow those smelled good. Lots of people had brought all kinds of toppings and children were totally thrilled. However I just visited with people I wanted to catch up with while drinking some black coffee. One person asked me why I had lost so much weight so it is noticeable after a few months. After that I walked home doing some shopping for my wife. Where I live there isn’t much shopping. I also stocked up on raisins, prunes, walnuts and some Japanese pickles (yummy!) at a food warehouse. I know there is a lot of fear of dried fruit, but I use dried fruit to sweeten my morning oatmeal. I’ve seen comparisons between dried and whole fruit and frankly most of them seem bogus to me. For example 1 cup of grapes compared to a cup of raisins. Well I can probably eat 3 cups of grapes in a day but it takes me a week or more to eat a cup of raisins, which is why I don’t like those kinds of comparisons. Anyway I passed by many places to eat but no real temptations at that point. The only issue was when I passed by a family having a picnic eating food from McDonalds. I had to hold my breath because the smell was making me feel a little sick.

@bigbooty – Thank you for the confirmations! It is very interesting that you have felt some similar effects. I’ve been trying to measure when I get up and around 4pm as that is a little after I stopped eating. I really need to invest in a better way to measure ketones though if I’m going to keep this up. The keto sticks don’t last that long with the humidity and heat here. I also find them too hard to read, and they are really only measuring what the kidneys are pulling out of the blood, so it is a little indirect.

Another effect I noticed today that while trying to sing I had to take a breath more often than normal. Probably that is another effect of ketosis.

day 20 uk cd

thanks Brightonbell I’ll join hands with you and coda!

Yesterday I was very mindful and also with my portion size meal last night. Back to using my small plate.
    Today no breakfast and a small salad with feta plus friut for lunch.
    Weighed this morning 153.5 so, thankfully not as bad as I’d thought!

I’ve not had any alcohol over the weekend but may have a gt tonight!

Tomorrow I will fast.

mogaman ((hugs)) so tough to lose a child. Enjoy the happy memories.x
    lynzm happy birthday!
    debster are you getting my updates on the spreadsheet?

Day 20 Melbourne, Australia. NFD
    In bed still sick with sinus infection and a chest infection. But the plus side is, can’t be bothered with food really. Just some soup and lots of water and a few dry biscuits. Meant to be a fast day tomorrow but will see how I feel.

Apologies for going AWOL recently. Moving home has turned out to be a bigger deal than expected since it’s also involved decorating duties. Nevertheless, not writing August off, at the midpoint of the month I was a couple of lbs down on the start so must be doing something right! Now off to catch up on all your posts. Onwards and downwards as we say 😉

Day 20 AUS FD

Today was hard with people over for lunch and all sorts of food being eaten in front of me, but I managed to stick with it and had a delicious omelette with mushrooms, onion, garlic and baby spinach for dinner with fresh berries and yoghurt for dessert. I feel so full and nourished!

Good luck to anyone else fasting

@sirisan and @mogaman my thoughts are with you. Sending hugs by thought mail 🤗

Update: I feel good again and I checked my blood glucose and it is back up to 65mg/dl. So I think I’ll stick this out for another 22 hours at least to make it a full 7 days. To be honest I’m getting a little tried of the fast. It is nice to see the weight dropping but this is a little too extreme to do very often.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to stop the fast tomorrow at 4pm. Otherwise I probably wouldn’t have started stocking up on the food I want to eat. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Day 20 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.
    Nice 20 mile bike ride again no knee pain it’s not right but no pain when peddling.12st 13lbs (181lbs) today. 1lb below goal. I fast between days 22.00 till 12.00 with one fast day of 800 calories. The wife is worried I’ve still lost weight. I might have to drop the 800 calorie fast day if I continue to loose. Not too concerned at the moment. I’ll see where I am at the end of the month. A different weight problem to have now. For as long as I can remember I’ve had dry flaky skin on my shins it’s all cleared up along with two other minor problems. Has anyone else had minor medical problems clear up? Loving this way of life. If an overweight taxi driver can get to goal anyone can. Keep at it people and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Day 20 – Ireland – NFD

Thoroughly enjoyed my blow out evening yesterday with chicken fajitas, sour cream and guacamole and drank red wine. Felt it this morning though and then had sausages and fried eggs for breakfast.

DH has to work until 9 tonight hence the big Sunday breakfast. As its my only day off I plan now to not eat anything else until this evening when I will have a nice simple omelette for dinner. Get myself ready for the 1st FD of the week tomorrow.

Regards to all ☺️

Day 20  Belfast NFD
    Went for a lovely walk yesterday along the cliffs to Mussenden Temple, a circular building perched right at the edge of the cliff, overlooking two of our most beautiful beaches. The wind blew away the cobwebs and it felt so exhilarating. We’re going to walk along the beach this morning. Wine consumption has been more than planned , but will stop now till next week.
    @mogaman – I am so sorry to read about your son’s death. I have no idea how you coped. I can’t imagine. I’m sure your memories are bitter sweet. I hope you and your OH find some healing at the ocean.
    @LynnzM -belated happy birthday.
    @bellyblast/Yolina I’ve added your name to the spreadsheet. I’m not at home just now and find the spreadsheet hard to manage on my phone.
    @sirisan your brother has gone through the mill. Wishing him a speedy recovery. Xo
    @ HappyMargo/Mogaman  I like the idea of  pre-entering food. It is a reality check and takes away the danger of those snacking calories.
    @rocy65 you seem to be reasonably up to date – to the 14th with a few FDs after that.
    Ellie Rainbow they say that moving house is one of the most stressful life experiences. I’m sure you’re glad it’s over.

Here’s to off those off the scale moments that tell us this WOL works.

Remember: I can and I will!

Day 20 North Wales NFD
    Feeling very full and uncomfortable after a wild weekend at my sisters. Can’t wait for tomorrow’s FD. Driving home today so it will be a control day I hope. Expecting the dragon 🐉 to roar loudly over the next few days as I get back on track. I am 💪 I can do it!!!

Day 20 UK NFD

Busy weekend…. quick check in…

Good luck to all today !

Day 20 UK NFD Will be fasting tomorrow

@steve toon taxi driver Yes I’m definitely the healthiest I’ve been in years, I developed adult onset asthma around 8 years ago and suffered pretty badly, I am currently nearly a year free of medication which is amazing A great motivator for keeping with this way of life .

@Morgaman the loss of a child is a very painful loss, my prayers today for you and your family. I love your celebration of life.

Day 20 – UK – NFD

@debster251 – your walk sounds wonderful, thank you for adding me to the spreadsheet, I will update it soon.
    @mogaman – sorry to hear about the loss of your son, Joseph. I hope you had a nice day out in his memory.
    @dyksask – congratulations on your extended fast, what an achievement
    @flourbaby – wine and snacking go hand in hand, very dangerous, also the next day when you are tired and not feeling too great can be even more dangerous 😜
    @sirisan – that is terrible news for you and your brother, he has been through so much already, my thoughts are with you

I had a bit of a blow out yesterday as my son returned after 6 weeks on a summer job. It was takeaway indian curry and garlic nan bread. But what surprised me was how ill I felt afterwards. I don’t know if it was the nan bread, I don’t eat a lot of carbs on this WOL but I always have a little bit, maybe it was the volume as it was so delicious, I finished every bit of it, don’t know what happened to my normal restraint, because I kept going well after I was full up.

Normally don’t do a lot of exercise at the week end, however, did do 5km with the hubby so that might offset about half the delicious samosa, ha ha.

Happy Sunday everyone

Day 20 – Woking, UK – NFD
    246.2lbs
    Yesterday wasn’t too bad for a party day in the end. I was fairly controlled at the BBQ and had chicken, a small piece of pork belly and 2 pork and chorizo kebabs. Skipped the sausages and didn’t go back for seconds. I did have 2 small helpings of Eton Mess and a slice of birthday cake though. Apart from that I just had a helping of yoghurt in the evening.
    Planning a better week next week to get back on track.

Day 20, Wales, NFD

Day20 UK NFD

Meal at a friend’s house last night was good, she’s doing slimming world so the food wasn’t too calorific, I didn’t drink so I think for a Saturday I was remarkably restrained for me. I made a rhubarb and custard tart yesterday, we’re taking it round to my father in law this afternoon to share with him and his wife, cutting calories by half right there!

I’ve got sea bass planned for Sunday lunch so will be copying the feta and avocado salad, thank you for that idea @coda. Wine with that will be first alcohol in a week.

@dykask what can I say apart from wow! I only ever did one b2b and that was when I had really bad toothache and didn’t feel like eating, I was still hungry enough to gnaw my leg off by the end of the second day.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

@brightonbelle.
    Great to here I’m not alone with the health benefit. 😁

Day 20 – Cumbria UK – NFD

I’m back @debster251 @coda @onahealthyhigh and anyone else who queried my absence – Goodness me this is the longest I have gone without posting since I joined the challenges in November 2016
    It seems I last posted on Day 12 – been away on a mini break to Suffolk – brilliant weather and good times……

My last week at home beginning 6/8 I only managed 1 FD with lots of socialising and much wine was consumed – I left on 13/8 for my hols weighing in at 54.7kg/120.6lbs
    During my week away I did 16:8 days but ate more than my normal and drank lots of 🥂and 🍷
    However I did manage to fit in a fast from 3pm on Wednesday (after a leisurely lunch in the sunshine with lots of 🥂) until 1pm on Friday when I met an old friend for lunch in the sunshine again but was only drinking ☕️ as I was driving. As Friday was my last night I had a celebratory meal with friends where too much good food and lots of 🍷of an excellent Australian “Black Shiraz” was consumed (so good! Pocket Winos 😈)

Thursday was a day I had allocated to myself – caught with friends over a cup of tea, had a facial, met more friends for a coffee mid afternoon and then a relaxing evening reading my book!

Had an easy FD yesterday as was driving back to Cumbria (6.5hrs dreadful traffic due to roadworks a few miles after leaving the M6 Toll = v tedious!!) home to a lovely cup of Earl Grey tea whilst catching up with OH before unpacking then a lovely hot shower and relaxing in my dressing gown whilst OH sorted out his dinner – Later we watched the first episode of the new series of Inspector Montalbano! Nice to be home……
    Pleased to report that my weight this morning was 54kg/119lbs 💃despite lots of good food and wine it seems that I managed to drop 0.7kg/1.5lbs……how weird is that!!! So I’m a very happy maintenance bunny – 9 months since reaching and staying below goal weight……..

Started last night having a good catch up on posts – good to see such good support and thoughts to those having a bad time; It also feels good to see some fabulous success stories – This WOL works!

@fatrabbit – sorry to hear about the stresses at home – don’t let it get to you too much – As you said remember there is around 90lbs less of you than there was 9 months ago and a plateau can’t take that away from you – you have worked hard to get where you are so stay strong, positive and focused on your health and well being 🤗
    @big_bill – Happy 10th anniversary to you and your wife and hope you are having a fab time in Thailand
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver – good to hear the wedding was FAB
    @chumi – positive thoughts coming your way whilst you work hard on your thesis – You Can Do This x
    @keetseel – Strength to you and your OH whilst he undergoes his chemo
    @coda – your trail ride sounds wonderful – what a lovely thoughtful present that you obviously enjoyed
    @lilymartin – 🤗hope mum is recovering although slowly
    @Strawberriesandcream – happy holidays
    @dykask – Amazing effort – can I ask what led you to attempt this 7 day FAST and what was your goal?
    @mia139 – I wanted to be able to fit into my wedding dress, which had a fitted top half and waist! but thought that might be unattainable as body shape changes with childbirth and age, however I’m nearly there but my waist is still too big!!!! I naturally seem to have stabilised around 54kg/119lb with BMI 20.3 and am very happy with that – I am 59 y.o and 5ft 4in tall 😀
    @molij – I’m like you in that I can cook and bake cakes on a FD with no problem – strange 😕
    @metatauta – Happy belated Birthday
    @happymargo – great news being off the prednisone at last – you hop right back on this wagon – we have got you
    @yolina – nice to see you back with us!
    @mogaman – lovely to celebrate and remember the life of your son Joseph 🤗
    @lynzm – Happy belated birthday
    @sirisan – terrible news for your brother and all the family, he has been through so much already – strength and positivity to you all

PLANK CHALLENGE
    I managed to keep this up whilst away – impressed myself with that!

A big WELCOME to those who have joined since I last posted – lots of friendly folk on here who are happy to share their journey and provide support and advice.

Remember the 80:20 rule – “It’s OK to give in to cravings every now and then. Losing weight and keeping it off means balance, not going without treats for the rest of your life”

Day 20, London, UK, NFD

@califdreamer, re your ‘eating cake slowly and deliberately’ question……………. No!!!!! Simply because I’ve never tried (LOL), I’ll be sure to attempt this crazy concept of taking my time, chewing slowly and savouring the taste and texture of food, rather than the hoovering-up/ inhaling method I’ve been using!!!

Non-scale milestone: Yesterday I bought a pair of teal 3” stilettos, beautifully embroidered with flowers, prior to any weight loss, heels were ‘NOT FOR ME’ in the sense that the weight I carried being transferred down through a tiny narrow heel meant I could only manage heels for 2-3 minutes, before my feet complained, ankles started to swell and any thoughts to be elegant evaporated!!!! Now, I can strut with the best of them!!!!

Aiming to be controlled today and tomorrow, then I’ll be ready for a B2B2B once back at work on Tuesday, Good luck everyone, stay strong.

Day 20….Florida…..CD

Just a quick minute, then I must ready myself for a birthday party! Yesterday, was not my best day food wise. I really need to get these under control. Lately, my weight has been all over the place. On, off, on, off, on, off! Pretty much the reason, I haven’t posted my weight all month! 11 days to go and I’m making the count or at least I’m going to try to.

@steve toon….. These are not so much medical issues as just annoyances( I think I spelled that wrong, Sorry) my belly isn’t bothered by spicy food anymore. I can eat sausage (banger), without dying now I can enjoy with the family.

Just a quick funny story…. the birthday gifts I got the baby were a riding on scooter, a big bouncy ball and a little out fit that said… Pick me up darlin’ I love older chicks! So, I bring it home, the ball is on the table….. The OS picks it up starts bouncing around the kitchen…. next the YS who was back home from a job interview( he is now a employed college student) comes in says oh Neat and starts to play with the ball. So, I was finishing up my nightly chores, I come in the living room, there I see my 21yr and my 18yr old playing catch with this great big bouncy ball. They both were laughing hysterically. A $5.00 ball made my young men turn into little kids again, the moment was priceless! But I think they had more fun watching me try to wrap the darn thing. FYI……. I’m getting them each one for Christmas this yr!

I was addicted to the hokey pokey then I turned myself around!

Day 20 – USA – NFD

Took a sneak peek on that fickle Cruella this a.m….down 1.2 lbs. from yesterday’s weigh in due to ???? no idea. Not complaining! @at glad to see you again and congrats on losing even in maintenance…I am also 5 ft. 4, but 63 and if I were to ever be 120 again, I’d look emaciated. Already tried it on Atkins and got down to 139, shriveled up like a prune! Amazing how different our bodies are. @melf123, feel better ((hugs)); @sirisan, so sorry to hear that your brother has more health issues; I hope it turns out that the one time treatment heals him; @Stevetoon, I’ve been on 5:2 officially since January 2017 and besides the weight loss, I have much more energy and my blood pressure is being managed with only 1/2 the meds I used to take. We are looking forward to the total eclipse tomorrow (Monday) as we are in the center of the path; got the burgers and beer and welder’s helmets ready!

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Yesterday was a NFD to my TDEE but not with too unhealthy food. Alas, I gave into some ice cream and popcorn. Today will be a CD with grilled chicken breast and lots of veggies.
    Now off to a morning hike of about 5 miles, then lunch and off to volunteering for the Humane Society in the afternoon. I will be home a bit before 8pm. The plan is to brush my teeth right away and then go to bed.

Tomorrow I am planning a FD and looking forward to experience the interesting solar eclipse. Not a total eclipse where I live but 92% is not bad at all. Have a solar eclipse date with my DH on a hill side! ☉☀☉

Have a good Sunday everyone! 😊😊😊

Flour baby your heels sound simply divine, love the idea of embroidered flowers!

Day 20–ABQ, NM–CD

Sirisan, sorry to hear about your brother’s troubles. I am learning more about cancer treatment than I ever wanted to know and it certainly is difficult going for the patient and the carers (but especially for the patient).

Mogaman, I don’t know what to say but just thinking about your experience hurts my heart.

I’m going to apply for another job today. I need to break out of the creative rut I’ve been in. It’s not necessarily the result of being in a soul-crushing job, but I’m sure that is part of it.

I really want to hold a puppy right now.

2nd post,

@melf123, sending you flowers so you feel better soon, even if they are embroidered on a shoe!!!. LOL!!!

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/147551.html

Day 20 – USA (travel) – NFD

Doing fine. LOVE your 3″ stiletto story, @flourbaby — how terrific! Perfect description!

Onward and downward!

@at – I have almost 9 days to myself because of other trips happening with my family, so I thought it was a good time to do it. My wife doesn’t like my fasting very much.

My original goal was just 4 days and loss 1kg of fat but I’ve expanded it to seven days so that I have fasted for a week, which seems to be a pretty standard long fast. Although many people go much further.

Day 1 – normal fasting
    Day 2 – Was better than I expect from prior fasts
    Day 3 – Was getting a little rough
    Day 4 – Was the hardest, I broke down and had a bowl of cup of miso soup ~30 calories
    Day 5 – Not as bad
    Day 6 – Started out very easy but had to low of blood glucose for a bit. Didn’t faint but had to take a rest.
    Day 7 – It has been getting harder, I had another bowl of miso soup.

16 hours to go to make it a full week. I’ll probably do it. Normally sleep improves things, so I probably feel fine in the morning. If I don’t make it, it is just a number at this point.

Personally I’m not crazy about some of the effects of ketosis and I really notice it when trying to exercise. I will probably limit the fasts in the future. I think most of the benefits are picked up in 72 hours and there is a lot less risks.

Overall I wish more fat would come of the belly. But I have a good amount above either kidney, so maybe that is where it is mainly coming from. This is the first time I’ve had a BMI less than 25 in my adult life I think. I now see that even at this BMI I still and enough fat that I probably could safely get to a BMI of 23.

Quick question.
    What is a pocket wino?

Day 20, Gozo Malta, nfd

Today we celebrated my youngest grandson s first birthday.
    The party finished about two hours ago and it was a lovely party with lots of food and drinks. I had only diet drinks and didn’t take any wine as I’m on antibiotics because of flu.

Have a great Sunday everyone, onwards and downwards,

Day 20 California USA NFD

Last night was Movie & Pizza Night so up this morning after 3 pieces of pizza and lots of salt during the day. Plan to wait until at least noon to eat anything today.

@bellyblast – Pocket Winos are those of us who know wine has an effect on weight loss, both for the alcohol and the inhibitions toward other foods. But we still wanna have fun sometimes so we limit the days that we choose to drink and add ourselves to the Pocket Wino List on days we commit to practicing restraint. 😁

@flourbaby – I’ve certainly practiced the Hoovering Up method of eating cake as well! 😁 (Love that term!). Congrats on being able to walk in stilettos! That’s certainly a huge milestone! Strut your stuff!

@bert1802 – Love the saying on the outfit that you got your grandson! “Pick me up darlin’ I love older chicks! ” And now you know the perfect gift for your teenage sons and husband – a big bouncy ball” (Very educational I think – teaches them to be young again!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 2,032 total)

You must be logged in to reply.