April 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
April 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 574 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 577 total)

• Day 13 – NFD – Donegal

Well what lovely weather. I’m pulling weeds like there is no tomorrow. I thought I’d be really sore from it but just a bit tired thank heavens. I’m a bit worried with the arrival of fine weather what nature will have in store for me this year. The first summer I had to get rentokill in to get rid of wasps. Then last year I came home one afternoon to find a swarm of wasps on the roof. I had already sprayed suspect areas with clove & mint essential oil to repel them. Luckily I had more EO and just kept running out spray and run back in & eventually they fecked off. Whats the movie where someone shouts out “we’re all gonna die” lol even the sound of a pretty bumble bee now make my heart go like the clappers. I was a nervous wreck for weeks after. This year I have 5L of mint on stand by and a beekeeper hood thing to wear. Don’t know what I’d do only for eBay!

Hope everyone is enjoying the BH as best they can & had a nice Easter. Don’t worry @daffodil2010 yourself & your DH will be zooming around the countryside before too long in your camper !! I’m going to enjoy the rest of my lamb tonight and then FD tomorrow. I might even do a bit of walking by Leslie Sansone. Stay safe everyone.

Day 13 USA (Illinois) NFD

Weather has turned cold again, wind especially strong too. No outside work today. Easter dinner came from a local restaurant who had put together 175+ meals for our hospital staff yesterday, so we supported them ordering out as well. Good ham, potatoes a bit underdone, but glad to help them out.

@funshipfreddie – how interesting to read even in the Southern Hemisphere you also enjoyed Andrea Bocelli as we did. I hadn’t heard some of those Latin pieces for ages, but then, of course “Amazing Grace” is a world-wide song. We got to Olney, England some years back to where John Newton wrote the hymn. My 5th grade music class curriculum taught the song as part of the “Freedom from Slavery” portion of American History. Some speculate the tune was a slave melody he could have remembered from his slave trading days – it’s pentatonic like so many slave melodies were.

Oh AND, “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” was filmed in Chicago and a suburb close to where I grew up. We LOVE that movie!

@flourbaby – I do believe Carb Comfort is a real thing. Sure seems that way to me. 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 13 – Ireland – NFD /EFS
    Completely blowing it at the moment but will get back on track tomorrow for sure!
    Feeling tired and a bit listless today with no inclination to do any exercise…. or very much at all….
    @daffodil2010 and others who are struggling right now .. just let those tears come…. it’s good to cry… i know i have … this will pass and we’ll all come out of this stronger with more of an appreciation for the small things in life.
    Take care everybody! Hugs 🤗

Day 13 Canton OH FD
    I was unusually busy today, hence my late post. @flourbaby I have been MIA as well and carb comfort is a thing! I read articles about stores running out of flour, yeast, vanilla extract and baked goods. That stuff is flying off the shelf. I haven’t baked with refined flour in years and all of a sudden I had this hankering to bake and eat. Needless to say, it is not helping me with my goals and I am no longer in maintenance 🙁 so reset again. However, it would be worse if I wasn’t following this WOl and did not have this forum to lean on
    @ccco same here! Inconsistent fasting schedule and EFS moments on NFD. I have to put a stop to the almost daily imbibing of wine
    @suki6 pyramid exercises are strength training exercises that build from one rep to 5, 6 or 10 reps. For example, if I am doing pyramid bicep curls, I will curl once, then twice, then 3 times, then 4 times until I complete the pyramid
    @cateaus so sorry to hear about your hubby, it’s admirable that you haven’t gained anything, that’s a lot of stress to carry. You are in my thoughts and prayers
    @betsylee 5300 rolls?!!! He should be ashamed of himself. I am glad the stores refused to accept it back
    Adding myself to the pocket list, late but better late than never

USA Day 13 2020

Oh, dear! Another EFD! Tomorrow I will do another water fast. I was thinking of what Basyjames said. I just don’t seem to be able to control anything. I seem more to be mindlessly wandering through my days with no discipline in anything. As far as shopping goes, I normally have a select type of foods that I buy to stay healthy and work on my weight. Now with the condition of the stories, I buy what I can find and it is often not what I would normally want. Yes, comfort food is in there now, too. I don’t usually buy comfort food but here I go. I went to the wine store today and all the wine was gone!! LOL Everyone is getting sick and tired of being imprisoned and wine is an outlet. I was disappointed because I couldn’t get what I wanted but I was originally going to be dry until May. Now I am just trying to keep myself happy in these trying time, especially since the virus has finally hit my family. I just can’t wait until this is over, as I am sure everyone feels. Anyway, enough of that! Stay safe and my water fast will be on tomorrow. I’ve got to get back to some form of schedule and maybe fasting will help!

Day 14 country West Australia NFD BUT hopefully CD
    There does seem to be a bit of a common thread on the few posts I have read this morning.
    As with some others I have been MIA over Easter which was not very sensible on my part!
    Too many eggs/ rabbits/ hot cross buns. 🥂🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫
    However today I have been for an hour’s brisk walk with DH before breakfast. Beautiful still grey morning and good to be alive. 🏃‍♀️

I hope everyone is coping OK with the self-isolating and the Covid 19. The numbers are quite worrying.
    In WA we now have closed borders with the rest of Australia so we are essentially ‘ an island within an island’.,
    Our numbers are quite good considering ( fewer cases and fewer deaths) but I am not sure what will happen when we start to go out and start to go back to work etc when they loosen the controls etc.🙏

I just heard the numbers for New York which seems to be taking a hammering.😔
    Strange times indeed.
    But at least we can do the routine of 5:2 and have some consistency in our lives . ( Said from one who has fairly comprehensively NOT been following 5:2 for some days but is now back on track!)
    Someone mentioned Bocelli over Easter. A friend she t me the link and I listened to the whole 24 minutes of his performance – stunning. I was also sent a link to a lady who rings the bells in Banff at 1 pm every day to lift people’s spirits – lovely too. 🔔🎵🎶
    And to top it off I was sent the link to the London ? Conservatory choir singing the Hallelujah Chorus whilst isolating. Very uplifting and lovely.
    With too much time on my hands I have been randomly looking online ( something I rarely do) and found a lovely rendition of ‘ the Prayer’ by a father and daughter duo. Worth listening to if you love music.
    I trust today finds you all well and finding 3 things to be grateful for by day’s end.
    Virtual hugs from the bottom of the world.🤗🥰

Day 14 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went well. I agree with @lilymartin, there is a lot of value of having some consistency in our lives in troubled times. I’m also finding a lot of value and being about to listen to a lot of people around the world. While it can be crushing it can also be uplifting.

Day 13 Ohio, US — FD
    Day 11 — NFD
    Day 12 — NFD

Hope everyone has had a great Dyngus Day!

Easter weekend went well, and I definitely overate yesterday. So the FD has been a real help in getting the system back into balance. I’ve been reading about Dr. David Kessler’s new book, Fast Carbs, Slow Carbs, in which he gives the scientific details underlying the deleterious effects of modern methods of manipulating starch and how that almost guarantees that people will be unable to control their eating of said starch. I think that he advocates only eating intact grains and pseudo-grains. Has anyone read the book?

@ccco Oh my! With all that wine people are buying and close confinement, who knows what the birth rate is going to be like next Winter! 🙂

Day 14, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 14 _ Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Very good FD yesterday and very busy, out for a good walk first thing, then got collared to do all the furniture moving as OH decided to spring clean the lounge! Afternoon in the garden, grass cut and preparing greenhouse for tomatoes this week after a couple of cold nights! Talked to kids and they’re OK, very quick MOAM walk round the block as was feeling good.

News this morning from a friend, who unusually hadn’t replied to last weeks email, everything OK, relief! No Easter bunny chocolate for me and only one evening this last weekend with wine etc so feeling quite good. Once this ‘confinement’ is over it’s going to be a megga spend at the shops, the new clothes I bought a couple of months ago …. are getting too small!

Take care all

Day 14 UK NFD

@ccco I must admit I’ve made sure I’ve got a (small) stash of wine to see us through but @matpi at least I don’t have to worry about adding to the worlds population

Looks like a nice day so will spend the afternoon pottering in the garden , when I see what some people are having to cope with on a daily basis it makes me realise how fortunate I am

Day 14, UK, NFD

Another one here who has been MIA. Had a good Easter Weekend, lots of wine consumed (my extra delivery is still in the loft so not too bad). We’re still decorating the downstairs. In this new world it’s quite pleasant to be able to do it slowly. So we’re stripping one or two walls, re papering and then having a day off. My efforts at climbing ladders, on and off chairs and kneeling on the floor have convinced me I need this WOL more than ever. Too much huffing and puffing going on😀.

Some good news I’ve been offered a job in the NHS, it’s one I applied for before all this started so will carry on after the virus is beaten. It’s in Admin, not front line as I have a tendency to faint at the sight of blood. It starts in a couple of weeks.

Taking supplies to the mother in law later. She has carers as she suffers with MND, so cant really walk without help. We’ve been delivering food to her kitchen and having a shouted conversation with her via the closed living room door. When we leave we disinfect as we go – strange times indeed.

Keep safe everyone.

Day 14 – FD – Donegal

Coffee and water till probably 7/8pm then my OMAD. Hope everyone is well and keeping safe.

Day 14 Melb Aust CD
    Day 13 CD
    Day 12 FD

Doing okay, even in the midst of the the Easter chocolate, including a large one dropped off by the children across the road, and an Easter surprise also left at my door. Haven’t started on any of them yet. I am trying to very carefully ration myself with “goodies”.

@flourbaby, you really made me laugh. OF COURSE you can eat hcb alone, particularly if they contain fruit, though I’ll admit that last year, they had to be heated and have melted butter then jam on them. As @songbirdme wrote, carb comfort is a reality. Carbs act as a mild sedative, too, so they are a comfort and a calmer.

@basyjames, agree wholeheartedly about the guy who hoarded all that TP!

@ccco, I hope whoever in your family who’s affected by the virus isn’t too ill.

@lilymartin, I hope you settle back into consistency. I guess what’s happening here in Australia is similar to various US states which have closed their borders.
    All states here except Victoria and NSW have closed their borders to others, although some allow entry with a 14-day quarantine. It would be hard for Victoria and NSW to close borders, with a fairly large city straddling the border, but for the others it’s more practical. One major concern has been to keep the virus away from the indigenous population, out away from the main city centres, as they are considered more vulnerable medically.

@i hate lettuce – your new clothes are getting too small? Eek! Unless that’s more muscle, double eek!

Seriously though everyone, come on, we can do this, don’t drop the plot at this stage. Let’s get through this and out the other side slimmer, trimmer versions of ourselves. Never give up!

Day 14 USA (Illinois) – FD

Good to check in today with such amazing people in the world-wide arena. Social distancing at its best. 🙂

@lilymartin – Now you have me looking for the Banff Bell lady. I loved the “Prayer” duet of father & daughter, the Bocelli concert, and Handel is wonderful no matter who does it. Thanks!

Going to do a FD today so will start a pocket list.

@i-hate-lettuce
    @emerald32
    @songbirdme

Onward & downward.

USA Day 14 FD

Good morning, all! Our New York Governor has said it right. Waking up every morning these days is like the movie “Groundhog Day”! Each morning I wake up, I ask myself what shall I do today and the answer is always the same, exactly what I did yesterday! LOL Well, I think with these days being what they are, it’s a great time to diet and exercise to get in shape. What a gift we could have if when the vail of this virus lifts we emerge in great shape for Spring and Summer! 🙂 Anyway, today is a FD with a side of lots of exercise.

Thanks you, Betsylee! Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like she will make it. We just keep her in our prayers. I know, Matpi! The outcome of all that wine could prove interesting!

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@i-hate-lettuce
    @emerald32
    @songbirdme
    @ccco

Have a pleasant day staying safe!

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

The fast days are getting tougher; or maybe the days are getting longer, being stuck indoors? It’s so easy to throw in the towel, & think ‘what’s the point?’ But I’m refusing to listen to the negative voice in my head – so far.

@songbirdme – Chicago, of course! ‘…Abe Froman? The sausage king of Chicago?!’ 😅

@saffy420 – congratulations on the new job! 🎉

@ccco – interesting to hear Pres Trump & Gov Cuomo contradicting each other over the constitution, & who has the authority to lift the lockdown in the various states? Today I heard Cuomo on CNN, saying he would defy an order from Trump to reopen New York State if he believed it would put more lives at risk.

Have an easy one, Tuesday fasters; I’ll be back on the list tomorrow .

USA Day 14 FD

Yes, FUNSHIPFREDDIE! Everything here is upside down! I am beginning to think I don’t want to watch the news anymore. I’ve watched the press bate both Trump and Cuomo in the rudest and most disrespectful ways. I’ve watched our governors and president go after the press when they got out of line (and I can’t blame them. Often, the press has been out of line!) I am beginning to think the the many young members think this is the moment to claim their moment of fame and are adding to the nation’s stress instead. We have always had a struggle between Federal government’s right to govern the country vs. states’ rights and we are having a bit of that right now. We fought the Civil War here with that as a basis. I think they will work in accord because every part of this country is different and has to be dealt with as such. I like listening to Cuomo. He has been a calming, intelligent voice in the worst place to be in all this mess in the U.S. I wonder what the other side of this mess will look like when we come out of this!

Day 14, London, UK, NFD!!!!

I completely forgot that I had carved it in stone that today would be a FD!!!! Tues-Thurs have always been my B2B2B days as they were my work days. Now working from home, every day is like every other day!!! I will get to grips with this …………… I…….. AM ……..NOT ……ON ……..HOLIDAY!!!

I hope everyone else who is actually fasting like I said I would(!) is having a successful day. This crisis is no time to fall off of any wagons otherwise we(I) might end up a housebound alcoholic requiring the services of the nearest door widening carpenter!!! It’s soup for the rest of the week, the freezer is full of the stuff, no excuses since I just need to heat & eat ………….. the hard part seems to be actually choosing to do it!!

I’m with you @funshipfreddie ………… I refuse to listen to any voice in my head trying to lead me down the wrong but easy path!!!! Back to fasting like a pro!!!

Stay safe everyone!!

Day 14 Canton OH NFD

@ccco Do you think that following the basic 5:2 instead of the extended fasts and WFD will help. It really is too stressful right now and it may be leading to EFDs – at least it appears to be for me. When I feel deprived, I stuff my face. I am trying basic 5:2 or in my case 4:3 (because that has always worked better for me) and I actually feel in control instead of feeling deprived.

@matpi I have a feeling we are going to have a baby boom next year; lotsa quarantine babies 🙂 and like @brightonbelle really glad that will not be an option for me

@saffy420 congratulations! Was just reading about increased furloughs and here you are getting a job offer! That’s exciting and such a silver lining. Unfortunately I have to deliver the bad news to 3 members of my team next week; and I feel horrible about it.

@i hate lettuce, is it muscle? Please tell me it’s because you are bulking up!

@funshipfreddie hate to go there because this is not a political forum but Trump is wrong on this. The constitution is very clear on this issue; every constitutional scholar (including the conservative ones) will tell you that no president of the United States has the authority to override any state’s public health measures. Unfortunately, our president likes to eat his cake and have it. First he claims he is not responsible, then he claims he has total authority…it’s exhausting and annoying; like dealing with a toddler. Ok I am done with that little rant. Please forgive me – I just found out that a friend who just survived a stroke is intubated with Covid -19 and another just passed away from it. Worst part is you can’t even be with your loved ones while they are dying. This crap is real and people are dying!

Post 2 day 14…..

@basyjames, not so much bulking up, just completely changing shape! Incredible to be honest, neighbours are commenting about me changing shape and not just the ladies !!! One or two of the guys have commented as well, so obviously there are changes that everyone notices! Me, well, just feel better, which us a result!

Love this forum and the encouragement we have for each other, hope it doesn’t head political, not what this is about surely? Let’s stick to what we do please!

Day 14 – Ireland – FD
    Finding this FD very tough 😮 But I’ve got to do it….feeling very foggy brained and I know that’s down to all the chocolate and sugar consumed over the weekend….
    Two walks today but forced myself out rather than skipped out the door … 🤨
    Our restrictions are extended until May 5 so still time to transform from 🐛 to 🦋 😊
    @betsylee you’re right! We can do this!!!!
    @ccco I’m so sorry to hear one of your family has contracted coronavirus…. praying they will be ok 🙏
    @flourbaby you are very funny! You are NOT on holiday!! 🏝 🏖 🍹 😂

Adding myself to the pocket list – better late than never:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @emerald32
    @songbirdme
    @ccco
    @jaifaim
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Second post. Sorry about that earlier rant everyone. You’re right @i hate lettuce.

Day 1: FD
    USA

Hi there,
    I am late to the party, but you are all motivating me. I’ve been using quarantining and stress ofCOVID19 as an excuse to eat my feelings and drink on Mondays! I want to be in control again and lose stubborn 15 pounds that weighs me down. I started out quarantine eating healthy, as I know to do, but lately as things grow uncertain, all hell broke lose and I’m eating everything in sight! (Last night: snack of my kids sugary cinnamon cereal with whole milk) I need the support now. So I’ll be joining you later in the month hoping to continue through May. Thank you for hosting. Be well,
    Erika

Day 14 UK FD

Phew! Completed 3 FD back to back to try to atone for last week! Seem to have found my mojo again… thankfully before too much damage was done. It’s not a bad thing actually to realise how quickly you can go from being totally committed to this plan, to totally blowing it with any food and wine not nailed down!

Onwards and downwards!

Day 14, md US, NFD

It has been a week or so since I’ve been on and missed checking in and reading updates. My oh my, today was one of my worst quarantine days. Leading a team, work, home schooling, it was all too consuming mentally and emotionally today particularly given I feel I have a new ADD issue and my anxiety is thru the roof. They released a new e-learning today which was clear as mud, I literally thru my hands up and told my DH I may lose it. Went out the door for a run/walk at least and about to force the family for an after dinner walk. Must work our brains and bodies… Such trying times. I am thankful for the appreciation of the slow down and small things. And family time. But my 16/8 went out the door on Easter, guess that’s the day to do it. And I haven’t been able to manage 500-800cals but trying my hardest to do CDs. Whew. Thanks for being there all. Thinking of everyone.

Day 14 Ohio, US — NFD

The experiment with a daily fasting period is proceeding well. Indeed, it is now a week old. What started out as a daily 13:11 fast has in reality turned out to be a 14:10 one, simply because I’ve been sleeping a little later than anticipated each day. I’m also working through Kessler’s ideas about the dangers of manipulated starch. By the way he was Commissioner of the US FDA in the 1990’s, so he has some experience with this on a national level. It seems to me that his main idea for practical eating is that with modern labelling practices, the only way one can be sure to get healthy, nutritious starches is by using intact grains, legumes, etc. I think that this idea will eventually change how I eat, but I think I’ll do the change by evolution rather than by revolution.

@cavanya In one of his books MM recommends not fasting if we’re facing the major stressor of a cold, a flu, or some other illness. He recommends being gentle with ourselves. I think that a lot of families staying at home are experiencing world-class stress right now, so I think MM’s advice applies here too. Being gentle with ourselves is important!

Day 15, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quick check in as very busy. No fasting being done chez moi. However my brief depression has lifted so getting on with the new reality of this life.

@cavanya I empathise with you. It’s so tough.
    @matpi Yes, you are right, we should be gentle with ourselves.

Thank you all for being here although I am not posting much these days.

Day 15 – Lake district UK

Good morning everyone,

Apologies for my comments about keeping the Monthly Challenge non political, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have kept away from social media etc recently, just find as soon as politics appears it goes downhill.

I’m going to have a break for now.

Take care all x

Day 15, London, UK, FD

This FD will be!!! Courgette & cheddar soup for lunch and a prawn & avocado salad for dinner!!

@i-hate-lettuce, I hope it’s social media you’re taking a break from, not us!!! I look forward to your daily ‘MOAM tales from the countryside’, although it’s so quiet here I fully expect to see a deer or two myself!! We never really get political here, just a frustrated comment or rant from time to time, and as in all ‘families’ we might not agree, but we can lend a virtual ear!!!

I have a Zoom Pilates class later this morning ………………….. Sshh, I really am working from home!!!

Welcome to the group @erikaa67, you’re in the right place for encouragement and advice, the key is realising you’re heading in the wrong direction and making a change. As @mia139 says ………..”It’s not a bad thing actually to realise how quickly you can go from being totally committed to this plan, to totally blowing it with any food and wine not nailed down!”

The news is truly depressing at the moment, I can’t imagine the suffering on both sides of families separated when that time comes.
    Stay strong everyone, trying times require us to just …… try …… harder!!!!

“If we keep doing what we are doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting.”

Day 15 North Wales FD.

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Oops?! My apologies, people! I wasn’t trying to start a political debate; just making an objective observation. So, @i-hate-lettuce, yes – ditto what @flourbaby said!

…but can I just say to @ccco – I also like listening to Andrew Cuomo, & I don’t think New York could be in better hands during this awful pandemic.

No more politics from me!

@erikaa67 – welcome!

Pocket List – Day 15 🍒
    @flourbaby
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie

The last word – from Mark Twain:

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s”.

Day 15, UK NFD

Sun is still shining here and we’re about to do our one big shop of the week. It’s quite exciting to think about getting out. Taking a bag of food to MIL yesterday doesn’t count as we are just picking up her “essentials” each week at a nearby shop, for her this means a selection of pies and a lemon drizzle cake. The rest of the family and her carers are doing what the government would consider the real essentials. This is the big one – trolleys and queues and everything.
    Hopefully doing a big walk later – twice around the woods would be great. The council have now introduced a one way system for walkers in the woods so no more saying hello to people going anti clockwise – it’s more of a procession now! We might try the “secret paths” as it’s been sunny enough to dry up most of the muddy parts.

@flourbaby, you’re putting me to shame – loads of exercise and working from home. I’m in awe of all you guys actually being productive with gardening, home working and child raising. Whereas so far it’s taking an age to do some decorating and I’ve got a 1000 piece jigsaw in progress.

Yesterday was a CD, first in a while. Today will be much the same, thinking of a nice chicken with salad for tea later. (Not a whole one).

Stay safe everyone.

Day 15 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 14 FD
    MIA yesterday due to decorating with DH. Pleased to say area only needed one coat and all finished. Good FD though as was very busy and slept like a log.
    Glad many of you enjoyed the sunshine over the weekend. I too listened to Bocelli, my brother sent the link. He was hoping mum would listen but I’m not sure she understands that these things are on the internet.
    @jaifaim – you’ll be back on track before long, I think BH are sent to try us. Even my DH was thankful for an ordinary day by Tuesday.
    @basyjames – thanks for the description of pyramid exercises, another one to try.
    Sorry to hear about your friends suffering too. It is so frustrating that you can’t offer comfort in the usual ways at this time.
    @ccco – sorry to hear that your family has been affected. Thinking of you
    @saffy420 – congrats on your new job.
    @betsylee – I didn’t indulge in chocolate eggs because ei find that chocolate too sweet but DH & I shared half a bar of 70% chocolate with salted caramel. Thankfully it’s so rich I can’t eat much in one go.
    @funshipfreddie – good for you not listening to the negative voice.
    @ccco – I agree about the news. The journalists don’t have any new news so they inflate what little there is. It unsettles me so I try to only listen once a day around 6pm. If I listen later the its on my mind when I try to sleep, and that’s not good.
    @basyjames – sometimes you just need to let it out. I hope you feel better for it.
    @erikaa67 – welcome. Join us any time.
    @mia139 – well done on your 3fds. Glad you took control before it all went wrong.
    @cavanya – glad you’re still there. Work life balance rules still apply whether you’re in the office or at home. Look after your mental health.
    These words spoke to me this morning, especially calmness.
    Have a good day everyone.
    ‘Calmness, gentleness, silence, self-restraint and purity: these are the disciplines of the mind’ Krishna

Day 15 – NFD – Donegal

Day seems to be brightening and there doesn’t seem to be much wind so good day for a bbq as its cleaned and ready to go & I have loads of veg to throw on it.

Stay safe everyone.

Day 15 Canton OH FD
    @matpi I agree these are very stressful times. My previous fasting schedule was just not working because it did not fit with the current stressful situation. I have tried a gentler approach and that seems to be working.
    @i hate lettuce please don’t take a break from us, we all need each other right now. This has always been a safe warm and encouraging spot and I promise no more political rants from my end. Scouts honor!
    @flourbaby you are right, we do all lend a virtual non-judgmental ear and it’s been so refreshing. I have always loved that about our group, but politics has a way of creating divisions and I can understand his discomfort.
    @suki2 thanks. I had just heard the news about my friend, she was always very sweet to my kids, and great to be around. She had a stroke and was just discharged home from a skilled nursing facility and now she has been diagnosed with Covid-19 and is intubated in the ICU. I pray for a miracle but she was already struggling before this and I am not very hopeful.
    @funshipfreddie great quote!!!
    Keep on keeping on my friends, today is all we have and we do not know what tomorrow will bring.
    Starting a pocket list
    Day 15 pocket list
    @flourbaby
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @basyjames

USA Day 15 FD

My WFD didn’t work out yesterday. I seem to have my greatest problems with fasting at night. I successfully do the whole day but at night I fall apart. I think it’s stress eating and so far I haven’t been able to overcome it. Basyjames, I do think that 5:2 works, especially i these times. It gives us some structure to our lives, too! in my case, maybe I should simply go to bed earlier and then I can eliminate that period of stress for me! In any case, I am still determined. Today is another FD in that determination but not a water fast. i’ve written down what I plan to eat and need to stick with eat. Amazingly, I have no problem structuring my day with exercise and a walk! I will get this together.

Welcome, erikaa67! This is a get forum! I’ve been on it for over two years! I hate lettuce, I hope I am not the offensive one by talking about what is happening here in the States. I liked hearing what everyone around the world is going through and doing during these challenging times because somehow it made me feel not alone. We really are all in this together!

Adding myself to the pocket list!

Day 15 pocket list
    @flourbaby
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @basyjames
    @ccco

Stepped on the scales this morning! Not good, so here I go again! 🙂
    Hope everyone is having a pleasant day in their gardening and walks. It all sounds so beautiful!

Day 15UK FD

Fast day going well , keeping busy but looking forward to Thai green curry for dinner

Day 15 pocket list
    @flourbaby
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @brightonbelle

USA Day 15 FD

My kitchen is closed at 538 calories. Now for the hard part!! The test is if can I stay out of the kitchen throughout the evening and not have a relaxing glass of wine! I am determined!

Hope everyone is having a good fasting day if fasting and a good NFD if not! 🙂

Day 14 UK FD

Another FD safely navigated. Small handful of grapes at lunchtime and chicken with veg for dinner and that was it for the day. Finding it easy when working as so busy I don’t have time to think about eating!
    Did 2 Leslie Sansone workouts tonight . Tried the fast walking in 30 minutes and the 30 minute boosted fitness walk. Thanks to those who mentioned her! I think! Will try to make this a regular part of my day.

Onwards and downwards!

second post

Leslie Sansone is awesome! I have a friend who swears by her routines, you may think -its just walking but it is a really great workout and it works 🙂

nighty night y’all

Day 15, Md US, NFD

Today was a better day. Did some a yoga class in the morning and felt like a massage. Then took a family walk before dinner. Made it a CD, 16:8.

Thanks for those who responded. I am so proud and in aw of the u folks fasting!!!

Day 15 Ohio, US — NFD

Just checking in — I had to work late tonight and now am ready to turn in. The 14:10 daily fast is turning out to be much easier than I had anticipated. So far so good!

Day 16, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 16 Melb Aust CD
    Day 15 TDEE

Doing okay here, though on a bit of a plateau. That’s okay, just have to persevere and be patient.

Keep up with the exercising everyone, and please don’t use the excuse that you can’t do it because you’re “stuck indoors”. I do the majority of my walking indoors, from one end of my unit (mini-sized house, for those not familiar) to the other, and manage to do my steps for the day and then some, usually 9000-10000 steps (goal is 8000). Admittedly, sometimes it’s a bit challenging dodging around my cat who wants to get underfoot ( 🙂 ), but it’s doable.

Okay, enough of that. I know there is considerable frustration in having to be mainly indoors, particularly for those who normally are out and about and going to work, but keeping up with exercise keeps up the endorphins, so you are warding off depression by doing it.

@i hate lettuce, great that the clothing change is due to an improved shape – well done you!

@ccco, so sorry that your family member is not in good shape. My sincere sympathy. Keep that fridge closed at night and you’ll get back to WFDs in no time.

@ericaa67, welcome to this wonderful forum of folk from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. It’s always interesting, plus an encouragement on our fasting journey.

@basyjames, sorry to read about your friend.

@matpi, great that you’re settling into 14:10 and finding it relatively easy.

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Hanging in there guys, just about. It’s good to come onto this safe friendly forum. Hope you all have a good day whatever it is you are doing.

Day 16 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

As you may have noticed, I’ve just had a few days of ‘the grimms’ (pretty unusual for me, but we all get them) along with many others we get good and bad news, but just at the moment nothing on the plus side, we’re OK but suddenly a number of others are not!
    Couldn’t even face my daily visit into here yesterday, which is where I pretty much start my day with coffee, struggled to put a post on at all (even a poor one at that).
    I won’t bore anyone with an explanation, but with very good reason, I have little time for press and politicians! So I don’t read newspapers etc, tend to hunt out fact rather than fiction, same with TV, give me natural history and travel any time.

Yesterday morning I really needed a kick up the backside, so headed out on a very long walk in the sun, away from everyone. Down the estuary with fabulous views to the hills, looking for the Ospreys that returned recently, but no joy. Wandered along the foreshore down into the next village and only passed four people the entire time I was out, even then they were 20 metres away. The ‘lone wolf’ happily getting away for a couple of hours. Back home to the garden and moved the tomato plants into their summer pots, the last of the geraniums and begonias into planters, nasturtiums out into their places to run riot in a few weeks.
    After tea another walk along the estuary as the sun was dipping down behind the hills, not traffic on the nearby road, no people about.
    Going to be a warm day today so heading off out shortly then BBQ this afternoon.

Take care all

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Good FD yesterday; just a two-egg cheese omelette + veggies & apple last night, around 550 cals including milk in coffee, etc.

Just saw a couple of heart-warming stories in the news. A 106 year old British lady, who’s already lived through the Spanish flu pandemic over a century ago, then two world wars, has just been released from hospital after recovering from the Corona virus! Then there was a 99 year old man, also in the UK, who has so far raised $15 million for the NHS by walking laps up & down his garden. Also several countries have started lifting restrictions, or are planning to in the near future. We’re getting there…

Day 16 UK NFD

Going well so will try to have a controlled NFD today , been doing lots of exercise but do miss my walks so will give Leslie Sansome a go – Get so much good advice on here Great job 🥰

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 577 total)

You must be logged in to reply.