April 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
April 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 574 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 577 total)

• Day 16. London. FD

Just joining the pocket list. I haven’t had any 5:2 emails for a couple of days. Any ideas?
    @emma-taylor.

Have a good day all.

Day 15 – Ireland – FD
    Day 16 CD
    I did a B2B. Tués & Wednesday..posting mojo has gone slightly walk about.. 😮 But I’ve got to do it….I put up 4lbs over the weekend!!!! Must measure as maybe it’s because of increased muscle with all the joe wicksing 🤣😂 or I could just be fooling myself 😂😂still feeling very foggy brained but trying to do my best workwise at home.. .. just feeling glum…
    Today i am grateful for the sunshine!!! Things would be so much worse if the weather was bad!!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 16 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Baking day yesterday. Not as bad as it sounds. Made cheese scones (103 cals each) and brownies. Not sure of the calories for those but DS likes them. I cut them really small so they will last and not cost me too much. I find them a bit rich now.

@emerald32 – hope you enjoyed your BBQ
    @matpi – sending you positive vibes.
    @ccco – it is nice to know we are not alone. Everyone deals with stress their own way. So be kind. Hope your kitchen stayed closed.
    @brightonbelle – Thai green curry sounds delicious
    @cavanya – glad you had a better day.
    @betsylee – good advice re exercise.
    @ihatelettuce – glad you’re still with us. Its great you can get out to such beautiful places to restore your soul.
    @emmataylor – maybe they’re in your spam, or you’ve unticked the email box by mistake.
    @jaifaim – well done on the B2B

I’m on the pocket list for today.
    Pocket list day 16
    @emmataylor
    @suki2

Have a good day everyone.

Day 16 NFD

Been MIA since last week bc couldn’t face any commitments, people – over-connected, overwhelmed, exhausted. Feeling a bit better after a few days off but feeling huge after weekend’s non-stop eating of homemade bread, chocolate, sugar.

I’ve lost my boundaries and good habits – One of those times when you don’t do any of the things that help you, know that you need to bc you’ll feel much better …. but can’t seem to get the mojo to do any of them anyway.

I’m now in the pattern of gentler days, catching up on news just once/day, reading in the garden and much earlier nights. Aiming to eat sensibly for the rest of this week and reboot with FD on Monday. The basics work – if I do them! Reconnecting external accountability via daily posting…

Just caught up with posts and glad to see you all here, tho still feeling disconnected from… everything. Tomorrow is a reset day of project and social stuff just for one day, then a super-relaxed weekend

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 16, London, UK, NFD,

Yesterday’s FD went well, I need to hang on to the sense of achievement!!! …………………… I CAN do this!!!

I’ve always found fasting at home a bit tricky, I’m like a bloodhound who could find any long forgotten treat, if it’s there, I’ll find it, even if it’s not what I really want!!
    @i-hate-lettuce, try not to let the bad news get you down, I feel as though I’m cosily living in a bubble, then this nightmare gets a bit too close, ……………………………………………………………not being flippant, but my best friends colleagues mother IS too close for comfort!!
    @betsylee I’m something of a homebody, so it hasn’t been too bad being indoors for me, unlike our resident MOAM (a lovely sounding walk @i-hate-lettuce!). Between cooking, cleaning, exercising and something else (?) ………………………………….. oh yes, I remember ……………..working!!! I AM working from home LOL!!!

@jaifaim, it’s definitely the Joe Wicks-ing!!!!Everyone seems to be feeling a little glum at the moment …………………. With good reason, just remember ………………………. “This too shall pass”

@michelinme, glad to see you back, a lot of MIA’s recently!! We can’t let ‘stuff’ overwhelm us …………………. Go gently!!!!

“Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John R. Woode

Massachusetts, USA
    FD
    I got through my first fast day without any problem, probably because my body is hurting from all the excess from Easter weekend. Today for 2nd FD, I plan on having bone broth and lots of lemon water throughout day which keeps me on track and eggs for dinner easy to measure/count. I sense a lot of us are feeling sad, overwhelmed and stressed – maybe we have to acknowledge that and feel validated others are feeling the same. This Too Shall Pass. As it’s still chilly in Boston, I’m looking forward to warm weather and not hiding in baggy quarantine sweatpants. I told my kids to envision something to look forward too so I’m trying to do the same. We got this. Thanks for listening.

Day 16 – FD – Donegal

Cloudy and overcast here today and a cool breeze out. I’m always cold on fast days though. Hopefully it will brighten for the evening

Welcome @erikaa67 sounds like your off to a great start!

Pocket list Day 16:
    @emmataylor
    @suki2
    @erikaa67
    @emerald32

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Sounds like several of us are dealing either with stress, anxiety, sadness, or frustration. I like the mantra “This too shall pass” when things look dismal. Hope and pray we call can see brighter and happier days ahead.

Onward and downward.

Day 16 Canton Oh FD

Stress, anxiety, sadness and frustration. That pretty much sums it up. And if you have noticed that you are responding differently or struggling to stay on top of your regular fasting routine, that is why.

These are extraordinary circumstances my friends, this has never happened in my lifetime and I am sure most on this forum can relate. If we did not feel stressed, anxious, glum, or frustrated then we would be inhuman. Grace, my friends, we need to extend grace to ourselves and grace to each other, “this too shall pass”, and we will overcome.

Pocket list Day 16:
    @emmataylor
    @suki2
    @erikaa67
    @emerald32
    @basyjames

Day 16 North Wales NFD

Day 16, md US, NFD

Thank you all, so good to catch up and see you on here and the real struggles we are in. Across the globe. Another better day, believe it’s best to feel what we’re feeling and be gentle. Only thing I can do, thinking back to times I’ve let Paramount stress really get me, I threw my hands up. Not this time. 16/8. We
    Will get through this. Did a Pilates workout and had a decent day considering. Watching some news which I need to limit. Have a good evening or day ahead all♥️

Day 17 – Japan – WFD

Water fast #31 in 2020.

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Reading comments and we are all in this together, across the globe, and I guess at this stage mist of us are feeling the Grimms @i-hate-lettuce (what a great word!), and stress, anxiety is real.

For most of us we are at least 4-5 weeks into lockdown and fir me, at first, it was certainly not exciting but something different and we shall overcome, but now it’s just going on and on and it’s hard to stay motivated.

@basyjames I had a lump in my throat from your comments, it resonated so well, yes, we need grace to ourselves and others.

Like a lot of you I have more or less stopped watching the news. I do a quick catch up on the daily “numbers” for Ireland and a brief glance at the rest of the world, then no life. I don’t watch any analysis or comments, no, it’s just a quick briefing for me then back to working, walking, gardening, and getting through each day.

On the bright side DH has redecorated the kitchen and sitting room!!! its bright and fresh and a change is so good.

It’s Friday again, the weeks are flying although April already feels like it has been 6 weeks long 😱 however positive signs that we may be at a turning point and restrictions lifting in a few weeks…..so onwards we go.

You guys are great for checking in and keeping us all here in our International community of 5:2’ers uplifted.

Even after the darkest night the sun will always rise.

Day 17 Wales NFD

Waves of anxiety and sadness have hit me this week. Self medicating with 🍷. Allowed myself to miss my Monday FD, tried for one yesterday but only managed a 1000 calories CD. Oh well, better than a EFS day and I didn’t have wine…..small victory! Aiming to eat good healthy food over the weekend and promising myself that I will get back to my 5:2 routine next week.

Challenging times, I’m going to adopt the ‘this too will pass’ mantra. We need to take care of our health now more than ever……..keep on keeping on everyone 🤗❤️

*no more……autocorrect

Don’t know how *no life made it in there 🤔🤔

Day 17 – Lake district UK – BBQ day, again …. so there !

Good morning everyone

Very busy day yesterday, weather still glorious, walk round village area early on so back in time for weekly food delivery. Brilliant people, really would be awkward without them, for a start it’s a 20 mile round trip, let alone the fact we are self isolating (vulnerable due to chemo)
    Then did my own deliveries to friends/neighbours who we get shopping for. While I was out, bumped into a neighbour/mate of mine who was walking his dog, his wife died a couple of days ago, so we stopped a while to catch up (really difficult for him sorting out funeral etc).
    Made some space in the greenhouse and hard standing area, I distributed the spare extra plants that I’d propagated over winter to neighbours! Bit daft really, I only need the room so I can grow some more, different stuff!

It was so nice we spent the afternoon in the garden with the BBQ and a very special bottle of wine somehow the day just flew by… the suns already nice and warm, no cloud or wind, so walk first then this afternoon the BBQ will be in action again.

Weird, even after yesterdays BBQ and the ‘inner warthog’ filling his boots, this mornings weigh in the scales stayed the same as last week? Was expecting a slight rise if anything, but the only time that’s happened is after a holiday! An odd day or even weekend off makes no difference!

Take care all

Day 17, London, UK, FD

Up early and started the day with a 30 min ‘Fast Walk’ with Leslie Sansone (4500 steps!!!), showered, dressed and enjoying my morning coffee whilst catching up with you guys!!! I think you’re right @betsylee we really need the endorphins we get from exercise to lift the grey cloud we’re under, I’m looking forward to Zoom Pilates at 10am!!

Today will be a salad for lunch then a soup from my frozen stash. I had a veg box a few weeks ago and now have about 20 soups to keep me going for a while. In these final 2 weeks of April I need to stick to my plan religiously, I WILL succeed!!

@daffodil2010, yes, just daily updates for me. I find the daily briefing followed by questions soooo annoying …………………… since when did all of these journalists get their medical degrees??? Persistently asking, when this will be over is NOT helpful to anyone, I really want someone to respond with ……………… “Currently, my crystal ball is on the fritz, I’ll get back to you ASAP or as soon as I find my bloomin’ tarot cards!!!!”

@i-hate-lettuce, I’m sorry to hear about your friends’ loss, I think it’s the unfairness of this pandemic that frustrates me most. Perhaps it’s all that outdoorsy stuff you’re getting up to that’s holding the ‘spread’ at bay!!! When you look back on your day and realise you haven’t stopped, it’s a good thing ………………………… lounging in front of the telly, that’s a bad, bad thing!!! I also find BBQ’s quite healthy, meat, fish, salad ……………….. perfect ‘diet’ food!!!

We’ve got this people!!! Go gently!!!

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Pocket List – Day 17 🥕
    @dykask WFD
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie

“Never let a good crisis go to waste” – Winston Churchill

Day 17 post 2 …..

Went for a MOAM walk on my own this morning, OH is a bit shorter in the leg than me so I really marched out, I also had my headphones on. One particular track by Mark Knopfler was perfectly timed….. I was on a particularly nice stretch of shoreline, no one for miles. Felt tons better after hearing this!

Link (if it works) to the track, Why Worry

Part of the lyrics if the link doesn’t work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Y0oeqL2uvFA

Baby when i get down i turn to you
    And you make sense of what i do
    I know it isn’t hard to say
    But baby just when this world seems mean and cold
    Our love comes shining red and gold
    And all the rest is by the way

Why worry, there should be laughter after pain
    There should be sunshine after rain
    These things have always been the same
    So why worry now

Day 17 – Second Post

@i-hate-lettuce – it worked! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing ⛅️

Day 17, UK NFD

My mojo is definitely hiding from me these days. I’ll find the blighter but it might be later rather than sooner. I’m starting to develop a serious baking habit. The other day I made a custard tart (I blame Masterchef). I gave my neighbour some and have had a couple of small slices. DH is motoring through it😀.

Yesterday we managed a 6 mile walk – along the canal so it was nice and flat we managed to get to a nature reserve that’s attached to Chester Zoo. It’s always been free to wander around, yet despite the number of times we’ve been to the zoo we’ve never been there. It was lovely- no one around and lots of birds, flowers and insects buzzing. We finished the day with a barbecue. Such a lovely day to take stock of what we have to be grateful for.

We had some good news this morning, my niece was sent home from work last week, with symptoms of corona. She had a miserable few days with sore throat, cough and the rest. However a message from mum, she feels so much better today and has eaten most of her Easter stash.

I’m another who has stopped watching the news, apart from when they update re Captain Tom. How marvellous is he? While politicians waffle and suddenly everyone is an expert, he’s just got on with it and so far raised £18 million for the NHS.

Sorry for the long post, stay safe everyone.

Day 17 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Yesterday’s fast day became a CD which is not too bad as the NFD the day before was more like a FD800. I had a G&T to celebrate reaching a milestone in my running program. After 15 runs I can now run for 20 mins without a break. I’m not very fast yet but that will come apparently.
    @michelinme – glad you’re still there and looking after yourself. Enjoy your reset day.
    @flourbaby – well done on a good FD.
    @erikaa67 – hope your second FD went well. – Good idea to think of something for the future. It’s always nice to have something to look forward to.
    I can’t remember where I saw it but one family had a jar where they put all the things they missed doing, so when lockdown is removed they would be able to work their way through the jar.
    @daffodil, @cavanya – I agree, limiting news is vital. When we are away in our motorhome, we rarely see news bulletins. We are no worse off for it, probably better in fact, as we focus on our day to day needs. Similar now except we can’t go anywhere.
    @missybear – 1000cals is a lot better than EFS. Well done for staying in ‘control’
    @i hate lettuce – glad the GRIMS seem to have left you. Sorry for your friend’s loss. Thanks for the link. Great lyrics.
    @saffy420 – great to hear your good news. There doesn’t seem enough focus on those who have recovered. I know the number of deaths per day is awful, but we should be celebrating the positives too.
    Have a good day everyone and remember
    ‘we shall overcome’
    Borrowed from @basyjames

Day 17 UK NFD

Checking in for accountability, part of getting myself back on the waggon.
    Intention is definitely a starting point. Yesterday was more mindful – no over-eating and a really early night. Slept for 11 hours again and woke up sluggish but more rested – a general wellness is returning. Small steps…

I weighed in this morning to an unsurprising gain – up 5lbs back to where I began March. But knowledge is power, and this is where I begin.

I seem to have lost touch with when I am hungry or thirsty, so perhaps I need to simply do it on a schedule for a bit. I broke the habit of ages with an early lunch – lovely fresh salad of avocado, spinach, beetroot & tomato with 30g extra mature cheddar, followed by 2 tangerines and some dark chocolate.

Although i need more sleep so I’m not yet waking early I’m gradually shifting to a shorter day. Starting to prep supper at 5pm for eating by 6pm, bath by 9pm and sleep by 10pm. Hopefuly as my body catches up I will be able to get up earlier too.

Tomorrow is an earlier start as I join online meditation followed by our monthly community gathering via zoom. Planning to use the hook to fit in some gentle adapted yoga beforehand. Funny how the extra rest has made life feel less out of control and helpful habits much more possible….

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 17 USA (Illinois) CD

Easy to gain when sheltering at home. In some ways, I wish I didn’t love to cook!

Two-three inches of snow this morning. Beautiful, but awfully late!

Onward and downward.

Day 17 Canton Ohio NFD
    I am doing so much better with a gentler fasting schedule. The scale is responding, but I am really focused on taking one day at a time, at this point and being present.
    @daffodil2010 virtual hugs and hearts
    I also limit my news consumption, I have been watching my favorite recycling show – flea market flip, as well as home renovation shows and romantic comedies when I can find it. I try to get my updates on our situation from the governor’s daily updates; its drama free and accurate. There is some discussion that some restrictions may be lifted in my state in May. I am cautiously optimistic and inclined to trust my governor on this; he has made some very difficult but smart decisions, and I believe that my state has had better outcomes because of it
    lovely song lyrics @ihatelettuce. i am glad the grimms have lifted
    Here is to taking one day at a time, cheers.

Day 17 ….. post 3 !!!

Thank you all, a much better day today,

MASSIVE group hug to everyone

NFD
    Massachusetts, USA
    TGIF!

I succeeded yesterday with FD of bone broth and eggs for dinner and a 5 mile walk, BUT, then insomnia struck! Just when I was feeling so good about this “lifestyle…” 🥺is sleeplessness a side effect of FD? I pray that’s only some initial restless detox happening.

So tired today, but motivated to stay in control the weekend until Monday’s FD. Sweets isn’t my thing, I’m a food lover, so will be mindful of portion control.

Basyjames: I love what you wrote about grace yesterday. Thanks for the reminder to fine filled with grace these hard days.

Salut (one glass!) to all of you for a healthy weekend!

Day 17 France NFD
    Like so many others (on here and in real life), I’m finding it quite difficult at the moment. I haven’t done a FD for over a week but have managed to stay the same weight so far, mostly by working hard in the garden for about 5.5 hours a day. I know I need to lose weight, primarily for my health but just can’t get my act together.

As well as all the depressing coronavirus news, my beautiful cat was missing for 48 hours and turned up late afternoon, badly injured. We phoned the vet and drove her there (ignoring the lockdown rules about 1 person in a car), where she was examined. The vet said she had infected wounds, and she needed antibiotics, painkillers, rehydration and for her wounds to be cleaned so we’ve had to leave her there overnight. Her twin brother knew something was wrong as he’s been very clingy all day and has been constantly miaowing to be picked up. Hopefully, she’ll be Ok as she’s such a fiesty character and the vets are very good.

I know in the grand scheme, this is nowhere near as bad as what many people are going through but it’s still upsetting. I will get back on the plan on Monday.

Day 16 and 17 UK FD

So have carried on all week with OMAD and made it around 500 calories. Have managed to lose the couple of pounds which reappeared after last week’s total blowout! Can’t believe I would sabotage all the previous hard work but there you go!

Have been super busy working extra days to fill in for colleagues who are off or isolating so have hardly had time to think about food! Who knew we would acquire a whole new vocabulary of previously never used terms… isolating, shielding, social distancing, lockdown, . Hopefully adherence to these measures will lead to an eventual relaxation of the rules but meantime we don’t have a choice.
    As many here have said… this too will pass.
    Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend.

Day 17 – Ireland – NFD
    Day 18 CD
    Oops, I was going to check in at the end of the day but it turns out it’s the very start of day 18 now…
    I have just finished a zoom catch up with friends and it was fun and I had some G&ts after weeks of Arid April… I’ll be back on the wagon tomorrow…
    I had a very stressful day in work (at home) and was running from one thing to the next for the entire day so the drinks and chat were just what was needed…
    @basyjames you are so right… none of us know how to “be” in these unprecedented times so we must go easy on ourselves…
    Be kind to yourselves… it’s great to be here and to have you all in my world! 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 17 Ohio, US — FD
    Day 16 — NFD

Stayed up late again to watch another episode of Brokenwood, so didn’t log in last night. Both days have seen me stay on target, but I’m quite fatigued right now, so this will probably be short.

@i hate lettuce I admire you for your gardening! That’s a good way to keep in touch with Life. Here it’s been rainy all day and the rain could turn to snow at any moment, so gardening is a ways off.

Patient endurance attains to all things.

Did anyone else catch “Phantom of the Opera” 25th Anniversary production that was put out on YouTube today? Excellent production from Royal Albert Hall from 2011 that included Andrew Lloyd Webber and other cast members brought on stage at the end. I had seen it in Chicago probably in the late 80’s but not since then. It was my ‘sing along’ as I know all the songs. 🙂

This website has the link to it: https://decider.com/2020/04/17/watch-phantom-of-the-opera-free/

Day 18 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Weather, amazing isn’t it ? We’ve gone from one of the wettest winters with long spells of rain, to a very dry, sunny spring! Every time I go near the garden and disturb the soil, within moments the birds are there looking for food. Might need to water soon!
    Heard a really good quote about about weather the other day, “We should be like the weather, it doesn’t care what anyone thinks!”

The summer migrant birds are arriving in numbers now, the swallows and house martins becoming more numerous. Out on yesterdays MOAM walk I spotted a squirrel, not unusual but quite comical,(hawkeye here still spots things even when going at speed) it hadn’t noticed/heard me, it was laid back at the base of a tree in full sun, grooming itself, totally oblivious, until one of its fellows crept round the trunk! Then suddenly startled it leapt up the tree, must have missed the first 3 feet, it was up the tree chattering angrily at the interloper, can only imagine what!

Yet more garden time in the afternoon, raked the last of the moss out of the lawns, never make too good a job clearing up, the birds take plenty for net material and look for bugs. When I had dogs, never cleared up after the morning grooming session in spring, used to leave it to the birds, they cleaned up in short order.

Going to be sunny again, especially warm tomorrow, so looks like BBQ’s going to be called into action again, only problem with that is BBQ and beer (or wine) go hand in hand. Found the best way round it is BBQ lunch, as we very rarely drink at lunchtime.

Take care all

Day 18 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Early yoga class today. Fitbit seems to have stopped syncing with my phone so not sure what to do about that.
    @songbirdme – snow, how beautiful. We’ve got rain and grey skies.
    @ihatelettuce not sure if the rain will reach you, but we’ve had steady drizzle for about 18hours so far.
    @erikaa67 – sleeplessness seems to affect some people more than others.
    @clemmi – pets are one of the family. Sending you lots of hugs and hoping she will be ok.
    Have a good weekend everyone. ‘go gently’

Day 18 Melb Aust TDEE

Weight not going anywhere in the past few days but that’s okay, there’s always next week.

Agree with @basyjames, @daffodil2010, @flourbaby, and I’m sure others – after a few weeks of tuning in to all the news possible, I’m also just watching the evening news again, as normal. It all became too much and I decided enough was enough.

As well as exercises, it’s great to see so many folk engaged with their gardens or walking – that’s another thing that helps mood, just being outdoors, even while maintaining social distancing, etc. And if you’re finding it a bit hard to cope, as @michelinme says, be kind to yourselves (which does not equal an excuse to have EFS days 🙂 ).

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@erikaa67 – sleep issues are a problem for some people, especially at first. Many people find the problem disappears after a few months of fasting though. There are a few threads re sleep on the forum. Here’s one:-

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/sleeping-issues/

Going to try for a mindful weekend, & then do a 3 day egg fast, Mon – Wed. Mon & Wed would have been FDs anyway, so it shouldn’t be too difficult. I’m sure my pancreas will be glad of a break from all the carbs & alcohol I’ve been putting away 😳

@clemmi – I hope your cat is all better soon!

@suki2 – I had the same problem with my Fitbit a few months ago. I just re-started my phone & it was okay after that?

Have a good weekend everyone 🌈 ⛅️

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now & then doesn’t hurt”. ~ Charles Schulz

Day 18, UK, NFD

@i-hate-lettuce, we have grey clouds and drizzle now in Cheshire, looks like the bad weather is heading north. BBQ lunch sounds like a good idea. @songbirdme, I’ve been watching the Lloyd Webber musicals for a few weeks. If you check out “the show must go on” on you tube he’s releasing one each week. I’ll be watching Phantom later. Coincidentally I ordered this and a few other musical dvds for my mum n dad the other week, so we’re all going to watch this at the same time.

Yesterday was another controlled day, it’s about all I can manage these days. I think I ended somewhere around 1200 calories.

@clemmi, best wishes for the cat, they’re a part of the family and give us lots of joy.

Today we are going to the “pub” for dinner. We’re having our local’s Saturday night special, steak and a bottle of wine, except it doesn’t cost us £25 and getting a table won’t be a problem 😀

Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend as much as you can.

Day 18 UK NFD

Bit grey here today so no sitting out in the garden as planned Plan to enjoy the weekend but will try to slow down on the wine consumption Opened a bottle of a far too drinkable Sauvignon Blanc last night , bit shocked this morning how little is left in the bottle, maybe it evaporated overnight

Day 18 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went well. I also hope everyone has a good and healthy weekend.

second post
    thanks @funshipfreddie, I had to do a soft reset which I found here.
    https://wearablezone.com/news/reset-fitbit-restart?utm_source=community.fitbit.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=forums#six

It took a few minutes to work but now it seems ok, phew. Thought I might need to get a new one which I didnt really want to do.

USA Day 18 WFD
    Quick checkin!

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Fairly good CD yesterday, and slept quite well. Trip to Costco today then carry out prime rib sandwiches from a good nearby restaurant.

@clemmi – prayers that your dear cat recovers completely

@i-hate-lettuce – I adore hearing about your birds returning! One of my Choral Society friends (our drummer) is an amazing nature photographer who captures the birds who return to her feeders each spring. She has even put out a calendar we purchase of her pictures. I love watching birds.

@saffy420 – I have now subscribed to the “Shows Must Go On” channel on YouTube. I know there are going to be plenty of wonderful musicals to watch.

@funshipfreddie – saw this about SA and thought of you: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/lions-kruger-lockdown-scli-intl/index.html
    I guess wildlife everywhere is happy for the lack of traffic! Many places that usually experience either awful smog or boat traffic are clearing up too with lack of machines working there!

Onward and downward.

Day 18, md us, CD

Caught up on reading through the posts, so good to hear from everyone. I slept in today and it was glorious. Have my cat with me. The weekend is here, I have a raised bed I’m starting and it’s been years I’ve wanted to do this. I’ve selected two tomato plants, cucumber, pepper, two strawberry plants and cantaloupe. Need to get back to the nursery for more compost etc but excited to get started. As soon as the weather is a bit warmer at night, I’ll plant them but in the meantime, getting it all ready and it’s been grounding…..

Today will be a nice long walk, Pilates and some good gardening and cleaning. Don’t have to worry about work and schooling, just me time and good relaxation on the agenda. Have a good weekend all, stay safe well and healthy!! 😻

NFD
    Massachusetts,USA

FUNSHIPFREDDIE: thank you for the link to insomnia on fast days. It was very helpful. I shall not let it deter me. In in my early fifties and not menopausal yet, so these restless nights will be good practice for what’s to come.😉

Looking forward to a juicy steak, baked potato and salad tonight. Have a lovely weekend, everyone. This support is fabulous. Better days ahead!

Day 18 France NFD

Thank you for your kind words @suki2, @funshipfreddie, @saffy420, @songbirdme. It means a lot.

I was able to collect Lovely from the vets’ today as they were happy with her condition. She came home wearing a collar and we have antibiotics and painkillers to administer. She’s very stressed out and can’t eat or drink with the collar so after a phonecall to the vet, we removed it. We’ve taken shifts all day, stroking her and trying to keep her calm. There are worse ways to spend a day! She’s not allowed out until her stitches are removed which is going to be a challenge.
    I’ve not eaten much today but haven’t counted calories. We haven’t been shopping so there are no snacks in the house. We had a delivery of wine yesterday (quite normal in France!) so we are sharing a nice bottle of red tonight. I will definitely be back on track on Monday.

I hope you all have a happy and peaceful Sunday.

Day 19 Melb Aust CD

Doing okay today after a couple of TDEE days (that were meant to be FDs!). Planning on making a tuna mornay for dinner tonight.

@clemmi, glad you’ve got your cat back from the vets, and hope she recovers quickly.

Keep well everyone!

Day 19 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Glorious morning, been out to open the greenhouse vents already, lovely and warm. Looks like another BBQ day and sitting out for the afternoon!

Take care all

Day 19 – Ireland – NFD
    Hi all! @ihatelettuce I wish we had your weather here… it’s grey and gloomy here this weekend but hoping it will improve this week… we can’t really complain though as it had been lovely since lockdown..
    Have a lovely Sunday everybody. I’m going to Seize the day now 👍.
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@songbirdme – I saw that on CNN too, the lions snoozing on the road. The planet is definitely healthier without planes taking off/landing every moment, & millions of cars on the roads.

It’s very quiet here this weekend. @ciren2 – are you still making your deliveries during the lockdown?

Happy S🌞nday to everyone

Day 19, London, UK, FD,

Yesterday was a NFD which ended with coated peanuts and cashew nuts!!! I really shouldn’t be overly strict on NFDs (stick to the basics!!) but they really are teeny-tiny calorie bombs!!! Significantly over TDEE from 1 balance meal followed by mindless snacking…………………… it’s mindless when you find yourself with NO memory of how you got to the bottom of the bag!!!

@songbirdme, thank you sooo much for the Phantom link, it was spectacular!!! I can’t wait for next week’s show, obviously I’ll avoid enjoying it accompanied by nuts!!!

@clemmi, glad to hear Lovely is on the mend. Phew!!

@funshipfreddie, it feels like a normal weekend when it goes quiet here!! In my own head, all the days are blending into one very, very looooog day!!!

Go gently people & stay safe!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 577 total)

You must be logged in to reply.