April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 741 total)

• Day 2 London UK FD800

Weight is staying stable but my fat percentage has gone down. So a good result. Spent yesterday doing quite a bit of shopping and cooking, so I now have lots of stuff in the freezer. I also have no room in the freezer. 😉

Day 2, London, UK, FD800

I’m feeling positive about April, these last 10-15lbs are proving stubborn!!! Positive, positive, positive; even considering my inability to keep the hula hoop off of the floor (I will get there @ciren2!!), I’ve never bent down so much!!!!

Welcome back @brightonbelle, there are an infinite number of seats on this here 5:2 wagon and of course there’s no charge, just more cash in your pocket from buying & eating less food!!!

@yvette Hamilton, you’ll soon discover the secret to this WOL (way of life) ………………………. Slight hunger feels surprisingly good, it’s how we were designed to function and it’s probably thirst ……………………. but of course weight loss is a HUGE incentive to stop feeding the roaring tummy dragon!!!! And there’s always tomorrow to indulge a craving!!!

It sounds like a plan @alisa253, planning is everything with this WOL, one thing I’ve done since the start of my journey is to eat to my goal weight TDEE on NFDs it really helps you get used to the ‘correct’ portion sizes you’ll live by when you make it to goal weight, Good Luck!!!

@metatauta, you’re putting me to shame!!!! I really want to whittle this waist but the weighted knobbly (massage!!) hoop has a mind of it’s own!! I’m going to have some bruised hips if I get it to stay up, I’d be happy with 27 let alone 271, but it won’t beat me ……………………………. IT IS ON!!!!!!

So the current Hula Hoop extravaganza participants are – @flourbaby, @metatauta & @hieiren, but last month there were mumblings from @debster251 & @snowflake56 so perhaps we will be 5 strong??????

Stay strong everyone!!!!

Second post

@alisa253 just my 2 cents – I try and stick to 500, but on days that it’s just too hard I allow myself an extra 100-200 calories to make it through. It sometimes takes a bit of trial and error to see what works. Regarding the ice-cream binge – that is my absolute vice! I try to be mindful of the fact that the more sugar I eat, the more of it I crave, and the worse it is on my body. It doesn’t always work, but it definitely happens less frequently now which is a win!

@at that motto is often what keeps me hanging on during the depths of a plateau…!

@ciren2 I reckon there was something going around, got back to work today to discover a colleague was on exactly the same sickness timeframe as me, with identical symptoms.

@bluesqueak what a great result with the BFP drop!

@flourbaby all this hula talk makes me want to go out and buy one – but I fear it will just be a large circular dust collector.. who knows, I may go invest in a waist whittler!!!!

Day 2 Wales NFD

Quick check in to stay accountable.
    Have a good one all x

Day two, fasted two days at about 500 cals; (I started on 30 March). Trying to avoid breads, which are my weakness. (Maybe that’s why I love the name “Flour Baby”!)Also trying to do a 16:8 pattern, which I don’t find difficult. I do a daily weight because it keeps me honest; when I stop doing that, I seem to be able to delude myself about weight ups and downs. Staying focused so far!

Day 2. London. CD.
    After a lifetime of swerving scales because they made me feel bad, I’ve finally decided to use them to keep track of my weight loss. It’s not as if this WOL doesn’t work, but I kept cheating and messing around, so that’s the new regime. I’m brainwashing myself with Jason Fung’s book, which works a treat. Makes fasting a LOT easier. I’m under 13 stone, initially aiming for 12 stone ( I am tall…) then I’ll check the wrinkles out and decide if I want to go lower. I doubt it. I have three very thin sisters and I’m not overkeen on that look.
    Have a good day all. H

Day 2 UK FD

Quick post for accountability. Travel day,so sneaking in FD to make up for yesterday.

Looking forward to being at home with supplies of fizzy water and pint glasses BC definitely not drunk enough while away. Also to space for yoga, double bed and V early night! Busyness of London, air quality and normal routine not so much…

Yikes…I fear I may have missed out on saying “hello” to one or two people! Not easy keeping up with the posts. So, @jlevin and @yvette-hamilton, hello, and welcome to the April Challenge!
    @missybear: Thanks for offering to fast with me…I’ll try again on Thursday or next Monday, ok?
    @brightonbelle: good for you; you did it!

Day 2 USA (Illinois) FD

Decided I had better do my FD today as the rest of the week is rather crazy. Looks like I am joining an amazing group here:

Pocket list day 2
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward

Day 2 Canton OH Fast800

Pocket list day 2
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames

USA Day 2 WFD

No food today, as I am doing a water fast! Thought I had better put myself on the pocket list for support so I don’t buckle under!

Pocket list day 2
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @ccco

Read all the posts but Spring is making me busier and busier. I will do my best to get on board responding. Someone in Australia said yesterday that she was drinking flavored sparkly water, so I went out to buy some lemon seltzer water for my water fast days. Today I will have it for the first time. Maybe that will keep water from becoming boring! I looked at that app that was mentioned but decided to keep to my old school method of writing everything down in an small notebook. I keep those books for a long time to check foods I ate and how well I did, so I know what to chuck when it doesn’t work!

Have a great day, everyone! We are sunny here but cold. We do have flowers on the trees now and the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C. is going on. The Trees are beautiful. I think I saw on the news last night that Japan gave us the trees 107 years ago!

Day 2 Minnesota, USA FD (2nd of B2B)

FD yesterday came in slightly over 550 cals. About 12:30 pm, my time, and so far have only had coffee and water. I’ll switch to non-caffeine herbal and peppermint teas this afternoon.

I’m spending this afternoon roasting vegetables and making vegetable soups to put in the freezer for several FDs. It’s still chilly and windy here, so soups are still comforting. As @flourbaby has pointed out, planning is so important to being successful at this WOL.

@brightonbelle….welcome back, it’s nice to “see” you again. I was part of the first challenge in May of 2016 as well.

@matpi….congratulations on your March achievement! especially on getting to your lowest weight since starting the challenges. I hope you feel proud of yourself for conquering the ups and downs of last month and coming out victorious!

@daffodil2010…hugs sent to you at this time of remembrances. My parents are always in my thoughts, and lost my dad, first, about 10 years ago (when I was about at your age) and then my mom 2 years later. What I wouldn’t give to have another conversation with them both! So sorry you lost your mom when she was so young. I’m glad you have siblings to comfort you.

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @northerndawn 2nd of B2B

Have a good day, everyone, and best of luck to all Fasters!

Day 2, VA, USA, LFD

An inside fact about me – I love pockets! ha I suppose that was a pun too being an inside fact. Oh I’m so cheezy.

Well glad to be in the pocket club!

Pocket list day 2
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @ccco/
    @rabbette

Today is a bit cloudy, I’m in the mood for some hot tea thats for sure.
    I’m practicing my indoor gardening skills.
    I repotted basil, oregano, thyme, poinsettia, two African violets, two succulents a jade, and a Haworthia Fasciata “Zebra Plant”

I’m not really a gardener tho, I want to be, but I am always late to the game of planting. So I decided I would try and start with herbs and any kind of herby weed that is willing to just take over my little raised flower bed (that contains no flowers) right now I have two dominators in there some lemon balm and peppermint. I have another raised bed that I would love to put some edible flowers in *we have so many squirrels its pointless to plant veggies* so if there are any edible flowers you would recommend let me know.
    I’m in zone 7a

Later today I’ll be teaching yoga. I can’t wait to slim down a bit more, it makes arm balances so much easier when you don’t need to lift so much “junk in the trunk”.

Day 2, VA, USA, LFD
    @northerndawn – I was writing my post I suppose around the same time as you. I updated the list (couldn’t figure out how to edit my post…) Ha… just found the edit. (now I’ll know for next time)

Pocket list day 2
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @ccco/
    @northerndawn 2nd of B2B
    @rabbette

Cheers, Rabbette

Day 2 – Eastern WA USA – FD

I straddled the end of March and beginning of April travelling and with more indulging than usual. It was a special, recharging kind of time including a mini-retreat with women at my former church. It’s now time for a fast day – so far warm water with lime, decaf coffee with a little HWC, and water. I will keep it liquid.

Good to see such a great start to the month with “old” friends and new. This is a great supportive place. I believe my first month on the forum was November 2016. I recently retired from full time teaching and am trying to continue doing education related things part-time. Weight loss wise my peak was 245 lbs. At one point in February I touched 192, in March I reached 197 once, but then bouncing ensued. I haven’t weighed myself this month yet but plan to after a couple of FDs. My goal will be a downward trend. Presently continuing my personal challenge of 40 meals in 40 days during Lent.

@metatauta – thanks for the reminder of form during using the hulahoop. I planned to buy one but still need to do so; hopefully today. Wow! You ended March strong; at your all time low – below your goal even. I’m impressed and happy for you!

@michelinme – glad you got to have a little vacation and recharge time. In your description of your weight loss journey, it really struck me when you said you’d gone down 3 sizes during a plateau. That’s a good reminder of things happening even when the scale doesn’t register it.

Pocket list day 2
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @ccco/
    @northerndawn 2nd of B2B
    @rabbette
    @annemarilyn

Glad we’re on this journey together, because together we are stronger!

2nd post

@brightonbelle welcome back!

@ciren2 would it be possible to prepare something beforehand to eat when you come home? Do you like ghurkins or pickled onions? It doesn’t have much calories and is very filling. It’s my favourite food atm on a FD together with yogurt with berries.

@flourbaby I’m in! Could it be this hula hoop thing makes a small waist because of all the bending you have to do to pick up the hoop? This going to be tough.

@daffodil2010 I know how hard these days are for you and your family. You lost your mother at such a young age. Every time you write something about your Dad and your siblings I’m so impressed how close you are. Hugs x

“See” you all tomorrow!

USA Day 2 WFD
    Second Post

Today water fast is still hanging on strong! I used pink salt to overcome nausea, as recommended by someone on here, and it worked beautifully! The seltzer water (also recommended on here) has done a wonderful job keeping me from hunger pains! Yay! I am on a roll! Hope everyone is doing well today!

3rd post

@snowflake56 and @flourbaby – I feel like jumping on this hula hoop train. I have a hoop, a nice one too – its big which is easier for a beginner (also better if you are a hint thick in the middle) I think this will also get me off my duff to play more with my flow wand, a toy that you need to do lots of strategic standing/stepping and waving arms about (some folks may call this dancing) and when I have practiced a bit – it does look more like I’m dancing and less like I’m concentrating on a floating stick!

Day 2, Germany, CD
    Had only fruit, veggies and veggie-cabbage soup today, was quite easy and felt good.
    Today is day 3 of my “cabbage-diet week”. Tomorrow there are bananas, yogurt and again soup on the menu. Really excited whether this diet will result in any weight loss…
    Very active forum again! And many inspiring posts!
    Onwards and downwards! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Day 2 Belfast NFD

I love the great personal stories at the beginning of the month. It does us good to remind ourselves how far we’ve come. Myself, I’ve lost about 30 lbs and am working hard to maintain.

@m33 no ‘F` word allowed here! Failure doesn’t happen! A setback maybe but just reset and start again. We’re in it for the long haul. Stay strong my friend.
    @yvette Hamilton- sugar has been my downfall and I have been through what you’re feeling. If you look at my name on the spreadsheet I put a tick against a successful sugar free day. The first month there were only few ticks. Last month I did well. It takes a long time to kick a bad habit. Eat the elephant one bite at a time!
    @metatauta – wow! I just can’t seem to get the hang.
    @Daffodil2010- it must be hard for you to know your mum missed so many milestones. My mum was 87 and yes I do miss her but she had amazing life so it doesn’t seem so bad. It’s good you have such a close relationship and can find comfort with your sisters.

Yes, I’m in for this hula challenge but I won’t be starting till Sat. If all the bending makes you skinnier @snowflake I’ll be positively skeletal! I managed 10 this morning and half of them were round my knees 😂

Off to Tallinn for 3 nights so I’ll see you all probably on Saturday. Stay strong💪💪💪

Day 3, Japan, FD

I have been yo-yo-ing for almost a week… Definitely eating too much.

I would like to try a water fast day but not so sure… How do you stop the stomach from making noises when hungry? I work in a very quiet place and that’s about the only thing that I’m concerned at the moment.

@shelliz: I did WFD a couple times, I found that I was not wanting to drink as much water especially toward the end of the day. I changed over and added broth at lunch and broth for dinner that helped with not only drinking more water, but my stomach gurgles! Not sure if it works for everyone but maybe its worth a try 🙂

So officially I do LFD now instead of just water.

2nd post

@rabbette Yeah I’m thinking about that as well… do you make your broth from fresh ingredients or do you use stock cubes etc.? Kinda afraid of its calories.

Day 2 Ohio, US — NFD(75 bites)

A good NFD, even with feeling stressed about all that needs to be done at work. The touch of spring in the air has helped tremendously.

@northerndawn Thanks for the encouragement! I’m feeling that real progress can be made toward the end goal this month.

@gretta and @alisa253 I used to be an ice cream devotee also. But in the last few years, I have a real antipathy for it unless the weather is very warm. I’m not sure what changed with my body, but in January my body sends very clear signals that it doesn’t want any ice cream at all. Go figure!

Day 3 – Perth AUS – MFD

Managed a normal (500) fast day yesterday, but bacon is a weakness. Got the chocolate under control, but bacon cooking was too much and I had a few bits. Thankfully all I’d had earlier was salad and a few cubes of feta, so still within the limit and all keto. I managed to get 20 mins of exercise in too so feeling motivated! Will try another couple of days fasting, then have a break on the weekend. I find gardening in the heat hard when fasting, but it’s starting too cool down now, so hopefully it won’t be so hard in the next few week 🙂

I have found the tip of having a hot drink to curb appetite is exceptionally effective. I know a few have mentioned it in the challenge threads – thanks for the tip! Without it, I’m pretty sure I would have eaten a lot more bacon last night!

Day 2. California. NFD

Just a quick post as I’m packing up the kitchen ready for it to be demo’d on Thursday and after that a new kitchen 🙂 Not sure how the eating will go….

Day 3 – Melbourne AUS – FD

It’s been a very challenging week emotionally, but on the plus side, this cold has dwindled my appetite. Going to aim for a healthy and vegetable filled 500-650 calories (the medication is making me feel a tad off, so a bit of extra food will help). Yesterday’s NFD was definitely below TDEE, so overall a good start to the month in 5:2 land.

My mum borrowed the scales so will try for a weigh in in the morning, hopefully the numbers reflect how I’m feeling on the weight front!

@mapti I’m definitely heading in that direction, but not there yet. I opt for frozen raspberries with plain greek yoghurt, provides a cool, creamy texture with the benefit of it being wholesome. Find that does the trick most days when I’m craving something sweet (and classifying that as a sweet I guess shows how far I’ve come in the last couple of years!!)

@elektron send some of that warm weather east!! The mornings have started getting very cool, winter is coming 

@rafiki44 good luck with the renovations, let me know how you go on the eating front, i’ll be in a similar position in (hopefully) a few months, so will be looking for inspiration!!

Day 3 Pocket List:
    @shelliz
    @elektron
    @gretta

Day 3 Bristol, UK NFD

Fasting went fine yesterday, despite the bad weather and PMT. I drink lots of fruit tea on FDs, and when I feel low energy, I have a mug of hot vegetable bouillon ( I buy Marigold), which is about 9 calories. I find those things really helpful.

Dinner at my sister’s tonight which will be higher calorie than I’d usually have, so will be careful today. I always do at least 16/8 (and often more) everyday, and only ever have lunch and dinner, which really helps me too.

Good luck everyone

Day 3: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Woke up to a frost after all the rain yesterday! English weather…

@gretta: Glad you’re feeling better, but what a bonus that this illness has curbed your appetite, eh? We’ve had a similar illness going round our neck of the woods. I was actually off work for six days about three weeks ago with it. It’s unknown for me to be ill, normally. A horrible, thick, feverish cold, raging sore throat, unable to breathe at night, turning to a cough. I also lost a bit of weight with it, and returning to work, found others were ill with it.
    @snowflake56: How are you now with you low blood pressure attacks? Is the treatment working?
    You’re right, I should be more prepared on fast days to be successful, but NOT ghurkins, yuk!! I tend not to eat enough protein generally, I think. Protein staves off hunger. (They say).
    Have a good day, everyone. We’re a great team.

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD???

A good B2B under my belt. Not sure if I should try for an FD800 today, there is a work lunch, I have already preordered the chicken Caesar salad, but not sure how nig or how much calories that would comprise. I have spinach soup for dinner if needed.

I had planned an FD tomorrow but there are after work drinks with the girl who trained me in (she is leaving Friday and I have applied for her job) so although I am definitely going to that, team spirit etc, not sure whether to be dry, or enjoy a few G@T’s and taxi home. Will make up my mind later.

Thanks @northerndawn. @snowflake56, and @debster251 for your kind comments re my mother. It was a shock when she passed, I was in my 1st year in college and I had only spoken to her on the phone that day. All my friends remember that day too, she was so young. But Dad has been a great “mother” to us all in the past 27 years and we are a super close family because of it all (notwithstanding normal family huffs and stampings off but nothing major). ☺️

@rabbette I used to work in a Glasshouse which specialised in edible flowers and herbs for the high end restaurant business. The most prolific all year round was Viola and Pansy, lovely little flowers with a sweet taste. Chrysanthemums and fuschia are great summer to Autumn. My absolute favourite though is Nasturtium….beautifully flowering all summer long, great taste, and the leaves have a great peppery taste too in salads. Easy to grow….however, I am in Ireland which is a cool maritime climate so no idea how that would compare to your zone 7a. But best of luck. Nothing like a bit of growing your own to brighten the soul.

Have a good day all. Decided to put myself on the pocket list for today. Why not? 👍

Day 3 pocket list
    @shelliz
    @elektron
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010

Day 3. London. CD.

@daffodil210 – I love your comment ‘notwithstanding normal family huffs and stampings off but nothing major. ☺️‘. It’s easy to forget that’s just normal family life. My mum died early too, and it seemed like there were plenty of family huffs, but now all the next generation up have died, it seems like water under the bridge. Old (ish) age puts lots of things in perspective.
    Have a good day all.

Day 3, London, UK, FD800

Another soup fuelled FD ahead, Yoga this evening and a couple of emergency Ryvita for before class.

I’m looking forward to tonight, because Yoga, I can do; Pilates, I can do; 30 Day shred, I can do; ……………………. Hula hooping NO CAN DO ………………………. Yet!!! This is the instrument of torture I’m using, I’m feeling like I’m getting close to keeping it up. @snowflake56, I was actually thinking of surrounding myself with four dining chairs so I didn’t have to bend ALL the way down to pick it up!!!!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ResultSport-Massage-Weighted-1-65lbs-Exercise/dp/B07D34L72L

The list is lengthening!!!! @flourbaby, @metatauta, @hieiren, @debster251, @snowflake56, & maybe @rabbette, now, get to the waist whittling!!!!

Just how are you cooking that elephant @debster251!!!!! Recipe please!!!!

The scales are being a little unkind this morning, the weekend wasn’t THAT bad but there was wine & dessert & cake (Mothers’ Day) so I just have to keep pushing on, there’s no other choice anyway!!!!!

Stay strong everyone!!!

I’m in! But no experience with this kind of challenges and method but will figure it out I guess …
    Need some support!!!
    Can only manage to fast half days lately due to tiredness I guess.

Day 3 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD morphed into OMAD CD bc I was tired. But delighted to have recognised it, and to have shopped ONLY for healthy things on the way home to empty fridge. Suppered on vegetable & bean chilli with vegan sausages bc i needed protein boost, then post hair-colour puddng of plant milk yogurt with cacao, almonds and apple. In bed by 8pm and slept like the dead for 12hrs…

Amazed to weigh in this morning at a smidgeon under 65kg…. meaning I’ve LOST weight on holiday! I’m guessing it’s down to 16:8, lots of moving around and a limited number of (yummy) treats. I feel like an advert for this WOL – not least bc my hosts really enjoyed the vegan diet they so kindly switched to while I was staying 😀

Back in the deep end today – due an online meeting now, some prep to do at desk then into town for a lunch meeting, 2hr planning meeting, 30 min rehearsal, an hour or so downtime then evening service and Lent course! Feeling refreshed by holiday but rather overwhelmed by the amount of stuff there is To Do after the break.

Planning to fast until this evening but approaching it flexibly – my body may get tired! Carrying nuts, fruit and peppermint tea and will see how I go…

Whatever your day brings, here’s to gentle minds and wise decisions x

Day 3 FD UK
    Aiming for my 2nd FD of the week which I feel will be a massive boost , fairly pleased with yesterday’s nfd – for me it’s difficult not to obsess on food too much so stayed pretty busy Had a good catch up on the posts some great tips and ideas x

@piglizzy: of course you must join us! The day is the same as the date, so you’re on Day 3 today. Lots of support here. So welcome.

Day 3 USA (Illinois) NFD

Great FD yesterday with just coffee, water, and one apple. My DAFD is always rough, but I’m not terribly hungry this morning. But I never sleep well after a FD – wake up often during the night, and last night was typical. Silver Sneakers and yoga this morning ought to be great.

@flourbaby — LOVE love love your description of hula-hooping! You all are precious. Our old Curves exercise studio used to have hoops for women to use, and I know some of our members did very well with them. I remember when they came out about 1958 (I would have been 10 — hooped with the best of ’em) but I never used any weighted ones. Looks like they do recommend that.
    https://www.livestrong.com/article/438506-does-hula-hooping-slim-your-waist/

@piglizzy — welcome! You will find the individuals on this forum to be exceptionally supportive for any and all aspects of our WOL.

Onward and downward.

Day 3 – USA – FD

Just checking in – it’s been a few days.

Looking to drop a pound this week and finally break into the 130’s, so doing an extra FD today: either OMAD or LFD. I need to be mindful of getting enough nutrients because of my WF days, and started taking an iron supplement last week as I was feeling a little tired/anemic. I think the iron has helped already.

@miraclelou It sounds like you are having a very successful reset and detox week! I think you will be pleased with the results.

@shelliz I’m glad you are enjoying the Lifesum app. It nags me to succeess and I live to make my Veggie Tracker do the broccoli dance! Cute matters. 😉

May everyone keep WHY they are doing this 5:2 first and foremost in mind today. What is your visual motivator?

Mine is picturing myself looking slim and fabulous in skinny jeans and a good pair of heels. This mental picture helps me befriend and accept some hunger.

Stay motivated and keep visualizing wild success today!

Day 3 pocket list
    @shelliz
    @elektron
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @fiftyandfabulous

Day 3 Canton OH FD

I wish I could hula hoop (gazes wistfully into the sunset) But I am TERRIBLE at it. Enjoy ladies!!!

Day 3 London UK FD800

Just a quick check-in – I forgot to weigh myself this morning until I was about two mugs of water and a cup of tea in, so my weight was all over the place. Will ignore it. 🙂

I am not taking part in the Hula-hoop challenge. Looking at the size of them online, I suspect everything in my very tiny flat would go flying – except the hula-hoop. Also, I was never very good at them even when I was a child. 🙂

Yesterdays FD800 went well, despite ending the day absolutely furious at the current state of UK politics. I managed to not comfort eat, stuck to 800 calories, and am quite proud of myself. Still bloody furious at the politicians, though. Is there any way of firing an entire Parliament and telling them that NONE of them can stand again? 😈

Day 3 Florida USA FD I’m in to continue the 5/2 in April. Haven’t been able to find the link to the April spreadsheet. After maintaining my goal weight for 8 months, I now find myself 7 pounds up. I know with a strict 5/2 again I can remedy this. I gather @ciren2 is our fearless leader this month?

USA Day 3 WFD

This is my first B2B water FD and am doing very well. I even feel lighter. Adding myself to today’s pocket list.

Day 3 pocket list
    @shelliz
    @elektron
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @russetfox
    @ccco

I am intrigued by this hula hoop exercise idea and have read SongBirdMe’s website and looked at Flourbaby’s amazon website showing the hoops. I didn’t know this exercise program is going on and it sounds interesting. I am considering trying it. I was good at it when I was a child but I tried it in recent years and had problems. Maybe that is because I need more exercise in my torso. I will let you know if I decide to join that challenge.

Have a great day, everyone!n:)

Hey @mogaman: yes it’s me this month. The link for the spreadsheet (sorted out and managed by @snowflake56) is at the top of page one!
    I’m sure you’ll soon get rid of that 7 lbs.

Hiya,can I join please?Just done fast 800 for almost 8 weeks,now planning 4:3.Started on sunday.

Can I ask do people do 500 or 800 on fast days?And do you aim to eat bit less than tdee on non fast days?
    Birthday this week so planning on enjoying some treats,and some wholemeal bread for lunch!

Day 3 London UK NFD

Hello old friends! Have found myself slipping of late and whilst i’m still clinging onto maintenance (only just!) it’s definately time to reign things in. This is the best place for it. Keep finding myself at the “treat table” in the office and hearing that pesky voice telling me that I can always fast tomorrow. Same story every day (thank goodness I only work Mon-Wed)! And there is a load of chocolate at home from Mother’s Day that also has my name on it. So…tomorrow really is a new day and I am going to do a good old FD and get myself back on track. Checking in to say hello and to keep myself accountable.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week so far x

Day 3 (FD) east coast, US
    Hello, just a quick check in – I am doing fine so far, will write more details in the evening

@missyp: Hi. People on here do different things, 500, 800, whatever you feel comfortable with. Welcome to the challenge.

USA Day 3 WFD
    Second Post (to keep on task)

Hi, missyp! Welcome!

Still into my two day water fast and can’t believe I am not even hungry. I think I will be fine as long as I don’t touch food until I am done. I am feeling well, so far. The seltzer water I started drinking seems to be really helping me. Hope everyone else is doing well!n:)

Day 3, Germany, CD
    Another good day foodwise!
    @fiftyandfabulous unlike the author of your link I looove day 4! 😉
    One day at a time!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.