April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 741 total)

• Day 1 – Japan – WFD

Working on my 25th in 2019 Water Fast Day.

Day 1: Gloucestershire, UK: FD (hopefully)!

More new names added while I was asleep. Welcome to all of you, old friends and new. This is the place to be. @dykask: another water fast day, the ultimate….good for you!
    @northerndawn: good to have you again, also @shimmera back from your travels.@biddieV and @lilymartin representing Australia, and @wacm for New Zealand. Special welcome for you @m33: I know the feeling of falling off the wagon and regaining the weight….I’ve been there!
    Pocket List for today’s fasters. Copy and paste and add yourself:

@shelliz
    @lilymartin
    @wacm
    @biddiev
    @dykask
    @ciren2

Day 1: Bristol, UK NFD

I’m out with my mother and sister today for a belated Mother’s Day celebration so not fasting as usual today, but will fast tomorrow instead.

Day 1, Emden Germany (being Dutch), FD

Good morning everyone on this beautiful sunny day!

Lovely to see many of the “oldies” have signed in already and a few “newbies” also, welcome to you all!

My journey so far:

I’m Dutch (from Limburg), 62 years old, married and retired. I never had any weight problems and always was a stable 56 kg until 7 years ago when I started a new job as a practice manager. My weight got more and more due to ice cream and sweets, it was 72.9 kg December 2016. In January 2017, weighing 70.9 kg/156.3lbs, I decided something had to be done and started to lose weight on my own. Started 5:2 at the beginning of February. From March on I joined the challenges. It worked very well, the weight just fell off, the support I got here was amazing. I reached my goal being 56 kg/123.5lbs on March 29th 2017 and maintained until July last year when I left the challenge. Without support my weight crept up again. Lost the excess weight during the September challenge, so I was back in maintenance again. This morning my weight is 57,4 kg/126.5 lbs. My goal is to keep my weight in the range of 56-58 kg.

@ciren2 you’re fasting today!
    @northerndawn thank you! I’m glad you are with us again, sometime life doesn’t go as expected and we have to step back for a while.
    @biddiev welcome back! I added your handle and stats to the spreadsheet in case you want to use it.
    @shimmera welcome back too!
    @fiftyandfabulous you’re welcome, I like to do the spreadsheet, I like listing things.
    @lilymartin I think @fatrabbit posts somewhere else sometimes, I miss the rabbit stories. @bert1802, @rainbowsmile and others are missing since a while too. Would love to hear from them again, I hope they are fine and just to busy with other things in life.

Pocket list for today’s fasters. Copy and paste and add yourself:

@shelliz
    @lilymartin
    @wacm
    @biddiev
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 1 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Another month, a new beginning. After a fairly indulging weekend my scale was not too cruel this morning so although I start April higher than final weigh in March, it’s not shocking ☺️

FD today, quick bowl of soup after work before I drive into Dublin to visit Dad in hospital. Oh he is doing so well, he can walk fairly well using crutches now, though he will still have to use the wheelchair for longer journeys. But it’s fantastic to see how stronger he is getting. No update from hospital yet as to his discharge but the house should be ready for him soon. Just finishing touches of paint etc in what will be his new bedroom. And the wet room we built him is FAB….almost want it myself 😆

Quick update on me, 51, female, started 5:2 July 2017 and lost 30lbs by the following May, loving this WOL and loving this forum. I make a big mug of coffee each morning before checking in here and catching up. I like routine ☺️

@snowflake56 thanks for March, you were superb
    @songbirdme You look exactly as I imagined you, and well done on the children’s museum

Right, off to start the week. It’s April Fools day but it’s also my mothers 27th anniversary so I am always a bit somber today. Have a good one.

Day 1 – Manchester, England – NFD

Hi All. Day one! So full of hope and opportunity 🙂

Here’s a bit about me: I’m Gerry, 41 year old female. Relative newbie because I only started on this Way of Life (WOL) on 20th February this year. I have lost 8lbs so far (which I think is about 3.5kg). I participated in the March challenge and really loved the help and support on the forum, so I’m back in for April.

I have set my goal for this month to lose 6lbs because my first goal that I’ve set myself is to get down to 168lbs by our anniversary which is on 5 May. I really want to hit that goal, but April could be a really tough month for me. I’m a lecturer and this is the last week of teaching before the students go on their Easter break. During Easter, I will be working from home and I think I will find it much harder to do my Fast Days (FDs) at home. I normally fast when I’m busy and out with work.

So there will be challenges. I just need to try to keep in mind the overall health benefits of this WOL and try to keep busy and active, as well as having healthy food in to eat when I need. I also know what strength this forum can bring, so I will try to be checking in as much as possible.

Good luck everyone! We can do this!

Day 1, London, UK, NFD,

Phew, Day 1 again, already, the year is flying by!!!

Thank-you @ciren2 for taking up the baton and shepherding us through April!! Hello old friends and welcome to the newbies!!!

My aims for the month are simple (and a little repetitive!!) A) lose loads of weight (well 3-4lbs minimum), B) increase water consumption, I hope the weather helps with this, C) Hula-hoop every day of the month and improve ‘UP’ time from ZERO!!! D) and here’s the critical one …………………….. Stay Dry for April!!!

I’m off to prepare my April menu to keep me honest and in control for the month. There will be some changes and swaps of course but at least I’ll have more time, control and less opportunity to fall off of the wagon!!!

I’ll catch-up on posts later, but for now …………………

Stay strong folks!!!

Day 1 Wales FD

Need to fast after eating a lot on Mother’s Day yesterday.

Should introduce myself properly now I’m starting my 2nd monthly challenge.
    I am a 48(almost 49) year old Welsh nurse who has always had a weight problem. I have yoyo dieted for years and have decided enough is enough.
    At my biggest I was 16.5stone, managed to get down to 11st 4lb, 2 years ago doing low carb, since then went back up to 14.5stone. In January decided to get my butt into gear, started losing and then found 5:2 in February. Now 12st 4lb at end of March challenge, feeling hopeful that I can maintain this WOL.

Day 1 London. NFD. I’m in for April. @ciren2 – thanks v much for hosting. I’m aiming to lose around 15lbs initially. Then I’ll see if I need to lose any more. Happy Monday everybody. H

Count me in @ciren2, thank you for hosting April 🙂

Day 1, UK, FD

Last month was a disaster for me. I fell off the wagon big time, but I’m determined to get back on it! New month, new start 🙂

I didn’t get a chance to catch up with all the posts properly from last month, lots went on, but I will try and catch up slowly.

I hope everyone is doing well and good luck for April 👍

@shelliz
    @lilymartin
    @wacm
    @biddiev
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @russetfox
    @shinything

Have a good day everyone 🌼

DAY 1 Belfast FD

What a great way to start the month with a FD. I love have a new start each month.
    Have had a successful month in March, both in terms of sugar free and shedding those couple of pounds to get back into maintenance, I must say I’m disappointed not to have achieved a smaller waist. ☹️Keep on keeping on.

@lilymartin if you follow the link from @fatrabbit, you’ll find she’s still posting from time. @bert1802 and @rainbowsmile (and a few others)seem to have gone MIA.

Here’s a list of abbreviations if it helps.
    IF Intermittent Fasting
    WOL Way of Life
    FD Fast Day (500 cals)
    MFD Modified Fast Day (800 cals)
    WFD Water Fast Day (Water only)
    CFD Controlled Fast Day (1200 cals)
    NFD Non Fast Day
    LFD Liquid Fast Day (liquids only)
    5:2 5 days NFD:2 days IF
    ADF Alternate Day Fast, FD, NFD
    DAFD: Day after fast day
    16:8 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    20:4 Warrior 20 hours fast 4 hours window
    B2B Back 2 Back (days of FD or WFD)
    OMD One Meal a Day usually 23:1 Or 20:4
    Feast Day: planned day of eating over TREE
    Refeed follow WFD B2B gradual increase in food
    DD, DS, DH Darling Daughter,Son, Husband
    OH, Other Half
    LOL Laughing Out Loud
    EFS Epic Face Stuffing
    Tortoise Club: (or Club Tor-Twah) for those looking weight very very slowly
    Pocket List: put in your pocket list for support
    Challenge: gauntlet thrown down for food or exercise
    Cruella: those pesky scales
    MFP: My Fitness Pal (app)
    Fitbit: recording for exercise wrist band
    Keto, way of eating that generates Ketones
    LC, Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF, Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure

@shelliz
    @lilymartin
    @wacm
    @biddiev
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @russetfox
    @shinything
    @debster251
    Have a good day everyone

Sorry for the long post!

Day 1 – UK – FD

Early start with a 7am Broga class to get me started right with this first FD of the April challenge!

For those new to these challenges – a little bit about myself 😊
    I have been part of these challenges since November 2016 and have never missed one since – I am a retired 60 y.o. married female, with a 30y.o. daughter.
    I started this WOL on my own in January 2016 and joined the challenges in November 2016 for support and motivation to drop those final 5kg/11lbs as I had been on a plateau for around 3 months. I reached maintenance in early December 2016. In total I lost around 22kg/ 3st 7lbs and have remained in my maintenance range of 53-55kg/116.8-121.2lbs with a BMI of around 20 since then! (Height = 163cm/5ft 4in)
    I also managed to reduce my blood cholesterol levels to just above normal at last measurement a year ago (due to be measured again soon and hope to be within normal limits) and I have come off both my asthma inhalers!!!!!!!!

I now love a wide range of exercise, currently doing yoga which I discovered about 3 years ago and it has just been the best thing for me, both physically and mentally. I also do Broga, pilates, aerobics and hiking on the fells in my beloved Lake District ⛰ and do some volunteering in my local community!

So lovely to see a lot of old friends here and a big welcome to those new to this WOL and/or the challenges – This is a brilliant international community with no judgement but with a lot of understanding and freely given advice and support!

Joining the Pocket list for today’s fasters. Copy and paste and add yourself:
    @shelliz
    @lilymartin
    @wacm
    @biddiev
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @russetfox
    @shinything
    @debster251
    @at

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Day 1 – Perth AUS – MFD

Starting weight 68.5kg. Oops haha! Time to hit this with force and shed the last few kg down to my goal weight. Technically I should be able to do it this month… The good news is since doing the Fast 800 for a bit at the start of the year, my blood sugar is under control and I’m feeling better, so in theory the fast days should be easier… or so I tell myself 😛

Will try for a traditional fast day tomorrow to test that theory. Really need to get the exercise happening too. Goals!

Day 1 Wales UK FD – Already failed, feel pathetic. Will try not to let today completely spiral out of control.

Day 1, Melb Aust (11:10 p.m.) FD spiralled to a NFD – oops!

Intended to be a FD, but had bought some chocolates as gifts for two lots of friends, to take on holiday interstate later this year. BAD move! Just sitting there in the cupboard, with the seductive siren song of “eat me, eat me!”, which I did – one whole box! Didn’t eat much else, and stopped by 7:00 p.m., so kept to TRE of 17:7, but…. I’m giving the other box away tomorrow, and I’ll buy more just before I leave for my trip. Can’t trust myself with these particular chocolates in the house; very expensive truffles, etc., and horribly more-ish for a chocoholic like me. But, tomorrow is another day, and I’ll do an FD800 instead of a CD to get back on track.

@m33, don’t beat yourself about messing up your eating – just start again the next day. There is no failing. You might get off-track, but I’m restarting tomorrow and so can you. This is a way of life (WOL), not a diet, and over time you will adjust to saving “treats ” for just a few days a week, and will need them less as time goes on. I blew it today because I just LOVE the particular type of chocolate I had bought. Action – get the rest OUT OF THE HOUSE (not in the stomach!). And then start again tomorrow.

Of course, having said that, I still have to get the chocolates to my friend’s place tomorrow ( 🙂 ), but I will. I know she’ll enjoy them, and as she doesn’t have any weight problems, they won’t be a problem for her.

Day 1, VA, USA: NFD

I started 4:3 January 29th – I choose 4:3 for now, because I know I already eat bigger portions than I should AND I love a good stout OR two. I still only lose about 1-1.5 lbs a week or even stay the same. I rather enjoy my fasting days and I am considering moving at least 2 of my 3 FD to LFDs for this month.

@betsylee – thanks for sharing your story. My sneaky downfall are crisp (potato chips)! I would buy them less often, but my sweetheart takes a little baggie full of them to work everyday. So instead, crisp and I have decided to work on our friendship. If I become tempted I remind myself I can have a portion of them tomorrow. Then I turn my attention toward some hot tea, or broth or maybe even a fancy seltzer water. I also sometimes pretend I am a superhero that needs to fight a battle and if I eat the crips they will take my energy away, its stilly, but makes me smile and does not leave me feeling negative about the situation.

Please count me in..!
    Thanks

Day 1 London UK FD800

I’m doing the quick start to the FD800 – basically, you stick to 800 calories a day for eight weeks or the equivalent. Days off or week on week off are allowed, so I started on Feb 16th and intend to go onto 5:2 after Easter Sunday.

Very motivating because you start by losing a lot of excess weight – I’m down a stone (about 6 kg) since February. But I don’t think I’d have stuck to it without the support of this forum.

@m33 – you haven’t failed. You’re finding out what works and what doesn’t. My go-to calorie laden snack is toast with butter and jam. Or rice cakes with butter and jam. It’s the jam, basically…

The bread is now in the freezer and I’m not buying jam. Or rice cakes. Also, I gave up bread for Lent. Put it all together, and I’ve managed to not binge on a stack of toast.

So, sneaky downfalls- will freezing them work? Or are you going to have to bin them? Or will you have to plan to start properly on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, because you’ve just discovered you need to eat up all the calorie laden food that’s currently in the house?

My other trick – I’m currently planning my entire week’s menus. I’m sticking pretty strictly to the recipes in the Fast 800 book and Blood Sugar diet book. They’re for 2 or 4 and I freeze the other portions. That means I can always reach for something in the freezer that isn’t bread. 😉

Drinking lots of tea helps. If I’m getting over caffeinated, hot water is a good substitute. Having lots of chewing gum (sugar free) dotted around the house is also helping, because it substitutes well for boredom eating. I can boredom chew, instead.

Day 1 USA (Illinois) NFD

Greetings, one and all! It is wonderful to join the April challenge. Thank you @ciren2 for your kind words on my “long term” maintenance (over 2 years keeping just about 160#). I owe it all to the wonderful support of these forums and My Fitness Pal (MFP) where I keep my daily caloric intake.

I am a 70-year old retired music teacher, wife, mother of 4 and grandmother of 5 granddaughters. We’ve survived a horrible northern Illinois winter, but we see signs of spring. I am entirely too active directing a townspeople choir that does 3 major concerts a year, on the board of a just-opened Children’s Museum in our small city, and I am president of a chapter of P.E.O (philanthropic women’s sorority). Throw in some church music and piano lessons to all of that.

5:2 changed my life on March 15, 2016. I joined @coda that May, and proceeded to lose close to 40 pounds by the end of that year. At my age, losing much more shows too many wrinkles, so maintain I do. I haven’t missed a challenge since May ’16. Maintenance is still plenty rigorous, and everyone here helps oh so much!

I look forward to interacting as I am able with newbies and ‘oldsters’ like me.

Onward and downward.

@snowflake56: Ahem…I WAS fasting today….but too starving by 2pm, and ate as I usually do at that time (fulsomely) but trying to stay on a reasonable track!
    @m33: You too…but please DON’T ever do yourself down over it. @betsylee has the right idea. None of us are perfect, but stick around. There are some great people on this forum who will inspire us and one day it may rub off onto you and me.
    Welcome to April @shinything and @emma-taylor….good to see you.
    @flourbaby: I’ll be very impressed if you can hold up a Hula-Hoop! No chance for me with spinal-fusion and general decreptitude!!
    Today’s fasters….carry on xx

Day 1 Brighton UK FD

Hello everyone I’d like to join this months challenge. I started way back in Codas first challenge and did pretty well,but then life got in the way and I didn’t feel up to posting regularly but things are back on an even keel .Unfortunately I’ve been on a few trips away recently and some old bad habits have crept back in so I’m hoping to press the reset button and drop a few pounds over the next month or so 👍

@brightonbelle: Come on in and re-set.

Day 1 UK NFD

On holiday in Norfolk, home tomorrow. Not usual Monday FD bc staying with friends and being appropriate guest.

I’m F54 &live in London. Put on weight in 3 tranches over the years – acquiring neuro conditionwhich restricted mobility/reduced energy plus the medication/surgery etc; stopping smoking -tho best decision Ever; and menopause. Heaviest November 2017 around 81kg/178lb. Started 5:2 Dec 2017 & have lost 35lb towards goal of 133. Plateau’d on 144-147since July 2018 but gone down 3 dress sizes while weighing the same. Also lost 6″/15cm from bust, waist & hips 🙂

I’m usually 16:8 low carb, gf veggie. Am vegan for lent – now in my 5th week 🙂 APril goals are to get back to 5:2 after holiday, drink lots of water, get through Lent as a vegan and not eat too much chocolate at Easter. Also continuing with good self care – bed times, daily meditation & yoga – bc that sort of self-care makes me so much happier than chocolate and chips 😀

Thank you again @ciren2 for leading this month’s challenge. Here’s to a good month xx

USA Day 1 FD800

Adding myself to the pocket list.

@shelliz
    @lilymartin
    @wacm
    @biddiev
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @russetfox
    @shinything
    @debster251
    @at
    @ccco

Have a great first day of April and good luck on your fasting!

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement, I’m feeling a bit better about things now.

@thestro: nearly missed you! Sorry and welcome to the group.
    @m33 I’m glad you feel better. Trust me, I’m the worst at 5:2…although, actually in 2016 I lost the 2 stone and maintained for about 4 months more, then (well just to say I fell off the wagon) I’ve been hanging around the challenge groups like a lost soul ever since!
    Not quite sure how I deserve to be a host this month, but, hey…

I’m in! Newbie to the craze!

Day 1 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Late to the party and not fasting today…..my usual FD went pear shaped…..or more accurately red wine glass shaped!! Over two years on 5:2 and eleven months into maintenance and this is the first failed FD…..so I’m very much in for April…..got to hang onto the wagon good times and bad!!!!!!

@ciren2 thank you for hosting…..hang on with me……perhaps we can do a FD together sometime this month 👭

Together we are stronger 💪

I would like to add my name to the April 19 challenge. This is my 5th week, beginning today and I aim to behave much better than I have been. For example, yesterday I ate a whole large bag of toffee popcorn.
    I am obsessed with food, thinking about it on FDs and NFDs. What is the matter with me, I am 74 and should be able to control myself better.
    I love eating and after having some surgery last november, I felt that I deserved to sit on the sofa and stuff my face for weeks, hence my desire to do something about it. How do people stop dwelling on all the wonderful food out there to enjoy?? HELP!!

Day 1 Minnesota, USA FD (first of B2B), 18:6, LCHF, Dry Til Fri (At least until Friday, maybe longer)

@biddiev…I have the same issues when I fall off the wagon. I start snacking after supper, I become more sedentary and therefore start thinking of food, I increase empty carbs, etc.

I know better, so I should do better! I’m also needing to drink more water than I am currently. It helps, it really does. I’m very determined to reach my goals this month, no matter what occasion comes up.

Babysitting granddaughters soon, so must go. Stay strong everyone, or if you can’t manage a FD, be kind to yourself and just do the best you can and try tomorrow or the next day.

Best of luck to everyone!

Adding myself to the pocket list.

@shelliz
    @lilymartin
    @wacm
    @biddiev
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @russetfox
    @shinything
    @debster251
    @at
    @ccco
    @northerndawn 1st of B2B

Day 1, Germany, CD
    Heyyy everybody!
    Minus 0.8 kg in March, 2.8 kg more to go to reach my goal weight 💪🎉
    I’ve been on 5:2 since February 2017, had already reached my goal but couldn’t maintain it. Last winter I went on too many binges and gained some kilos back.
    Right now I try to kickstart things by the 7day cabbage soup diet recommended by a forum member in March ☺️. I hope it’s ok if I’m still in the challenge even though it’s not ‘real 5:2’ that I’m doing this week. Just thought to maybe get a good start with this soup diet.
    My goal for April is to lose 1.3 kg, if it’s only 1 kg that’s also fine. I’ll be on a Wellness Trip this month with fantastic food, so that will be a great challenge 😮😉
    Wishing everybody a great start into our April challenge!
    Onwards and downwards! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Day 1 – USA – NFD

New month – woo hoo! 18lbs down and 5 to go! My goal this month is to lose 2 or 3 lb by eating 80% clean and eating to TDEE 5 days a week, exercising five days a week, and doing 2 fasts weekly. Other than that I don’t stress about anything and I keep it dead simple.

The weight seems to be falling off almost without effort or stress, so I think 5:2 is agreeing with me. The fasting was difficult the first few times and after that it got easier. Takes time to train our bodies to get used to new habits.

Pretty much eating what I want today, and this has included some leftover birthday cake and a frozen yogurt at TCBY. We’ll see how long my calories hold out! If I only have a couple hundred left, I’ll just have a chicken breast or some bean soup tonight.

I did walk 2 miles on the treadmill and burned a ton of calories chasing my two-year-old grandbaby around at the duck pond and then the mall.

The single most helpful tool for me on this journey has been the Lifesum app. It’s like having a personal 5:2 coach who gives me feedback/reminders/pointers on my health choices. If anyone needs increased accountability, or if you have stalled, I encourage you to check it out and try it for a month. It’s not free, I think it’s like $5 a month, but it’s WELL worth it! Studies show the single best thing we can do is journal our food intake, and Lifesum has beautiful, clean interface that is quick to use. Lifesum is more than a weight loss app — it’s a total health app with a lot of cool features including an initial health questionnaire. I’m not being paid for this in ANY way and I don’t mean to sound like a commercial, but I’m so happy with this app I wanted to share. Honestly, I don’t think I would have lost all of the weight so quickly without it.

Happy Fasting everyone! Let’s smash those goals this month.

“This is your life. If you’re not who you want to be, change it!”

Day 1 California. NFD

I’m a 51 year old female who started this WOL December 17th 2018. I have a few pounds to go to my goal of 125 lbs and April will be tough as I’m on vacation for a week in Sedona with my parents who are here from Herefordshire. Luckily my mom is a very healthy eater so no desserts or junk food but there will be more alcohol than I’m used to!!
    My DH will be gone for a few says next week so I’m thinking of doing a few B2B fasts – maybe some LFD’s but we will see!

USA Day 1 FD
    Second Post

Well, today’s FD went over calorie wise but I began my water fast which will end tomorrow evening!
    Have a great evening everyone!

@yvette: – I personally found I stopped obsession over food once I fully committed to WFDs or LFDs. I also found I have better control on FD when I drink more water. I would also splurge and get good water or a good water filter. Nothing worse than not being inspired to drink water because it taste off or taste metallic which i usually find a lot of water taste metallic to me so chewing mint gum is helpful. If I’m feeling cold I like tea or (hot water with a lemon slice is quite a delight) When I first started I did my FD (500 cal or less) starting with a very light breakfast. HOWEVER, I found that just eventually made me feel like I needed to eat lunch & dinner. So I tried a WFD and that worked so much better. I have made a small shift to LFD of broth with maybe a cut up carrot at night for dinner, but I keep it simple on FD.

Day 1- Ohio, fd

Quick check in. Waking up late for work so will try to write more later. Doing first day of hula hoop when I get home after work.

Day 2 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Hi April challengers! I’m definitely in for the month 🙂 a bit late to the party, but was in bed sick the last couple of days. On the mend now though, and ready achieve this months goals. As a side bonus, yesterdays FD was breeze with lots of soup and tea.

A bit about me, I’m a 30 yo female in Melbourne, working as an engineer in rail, and busily trying to renovate a house so my DH and I can move out of the parents place!

My 5:2 journey started in November 2017 at 75kg, and I hit my goal weight of 68kg without too much trouble by November 2018. Since then I’ve had a Christmas break and a honeymoon, so the weight is back up to 70.4, but back to the WOL and it’s coming down again, no stress (just a bit of perseverance and consistency). Although my weight has always been a healthy BMI (I’m 176mc tall), for the last couple years prior to starting this WOL it was always at the upper end despite any effort by myself, and doing 5:2 has really helped me take control of my weight, and most importantly it’s helped me improve my relationship with food.

Goals for April, will be to hit 69kg (which is the upper end of my maintenance of 67-69kg), continue to have 4-5 sugar free days per week, and consistency with training (though will start in a couple of days once this cold passes). Starting weight was 70.4kg, so I think that’s definitely achievable – so long as I can control the Easter blowout. It’s also my birthday at the end of the month, and I’m attending a ball – so plenty of motivation there!!

Looking forward to another month of the challenge with all of the support here. Will try and catch up on posts later today.

And finally @ciren2 thanks for hosting!

Day 1 – East Coast, US (NF)
    Wow! it is already day #2 for Australia, Japan… i just finished my dinner, still in April fool!
    April 1st was a good day: i went to cycling class at 5:30 am; went for 1 hour walk in the afternoon because it was very nice outside ( i am off today); had a lunch with my neighbors ( 400 cal ); read all your posts for today with a big cup of coffee ( someone wrote about coffee too) Overall today i ate 1400 cal.
    i started my fasting clock at 7pm. the Plan for tomorrow is Lemon Water Fast.
    i agree that mint helps with sweet cravings ( from today’s posts). couple days ago i bought Perrier sparkling water Pink Grapefruit – it is very good and grapefruit cuts cravings for me too.
    all the best with day #2, talk to all of you soon

Day 2, Japan, CD

Should have finished yesterday as a successful LFD, but came home seeing the leftovers…meat chicken and fish…and had a good portion which I regret now… Well at least it was not something sugary… So I’m making today a CD instead of NFD.

Bought some flowers the first time in a long time, to boost my mood at work. I usually don’t buy flowers but I’m telling myself that as I’m not buying anything to eat on FD I can use the budget on flowers 😛 It really helped and I’m thinking of adding some more flowers…

@debster251 Thank you for the list of abbreviations!! It really helps.

@at You are such an exellent example of this WOL! So many benifits… Wish I can reach my goal someday as well!

@fiftyandfabulous Your introduction ot Lifesum app was so attractive and I downloaded it immediately! Then signed up within 3 mins once I discovered they had a 5:2 plan! 😀 I have tried some diet apps but this is definitely the most clean and cute UX I have ever seen. Sadly I am doing a 4:3 now but they don’t seem to support it? Guess I will have to do it on my own. Also as i am living in Japan, a lot of food we eat everyday in not on the food list… But the water and veggie tracker is so good! Really looking forward to losing some good weight with the help of the app 🙂 Thank you for the info!

Day 2, Japan, CD

OMG I think I just deleted my post by mistake?? That was such a long one! I just wanted to edit a typo… weep weep
    Long things short… Yesterday turned out to be a CD instead of a LFD so doing a CD today.

@fiftyandfabulous Thanks so much for introducing the app! I signed up immediately. Seems that they only support 5:2 but not 4:3? Good enough though! The water tracker is really good. I am going to try some recipes from the app for dinner today!

Day 1 Ohio, US — NFD(75 bites)

This NFD went well, and the pace of the day is back to normal after last week. Time for a little taking stock of how things have gone this last month. I started off March at 173 lb (78.5 kg) and ended the month at 172 lb (78.0 kg). That 1 lb loss might not seem like much but after being sick during March, my weight crept up to 175 lb (79.4 kg), so I actually loss 3 lb during the month. The 172 lb also is my lowest weight since starting the monthly challenges in September. So all in all real progress was made in March. My goal for April is to get down to 167 lb (75.7 kg). I’m also running an experiment in counting bites (mouthfuls of food) on NFD’s. So far the experiment has been going well and I’ve learned some interesting things about how I eat that I didn’t know before.

@ciren2 Thanks so much for hosting this month!

@hieiren How did the hula hoop go? Is that a class or are you doing that on your own?

@michelinme Yeah, the winter in the Midwest has seemed as though it would go on forever. In fact we got more snow this last Sunday. Not a lot and it’s gone today. But it is a reminder that winter is hanging on.

Hope everyone’s week has been off to a good start!

Day 1 – USA – NFD

Pulled another FD off yesterday, so 4 for the month. Bottomed out at 139.8 for March, so a loss of 4.2 lbs. Lost a few inches as well, so very pleased. And now for the April Hula Hoop Extravaganza! I worked a second shift, and got home late, hence, my writing at almost midnight. I had the hoop out hoping I would not be too tired to do it. To my amazement, I counted 271 loops around the waist. Got into it even without music. I notice that my thinner body handles the hoop better, probably because it’s not bouncing around all the rolls, lol! I’m just doing it for fun and I know it will benefit somehow. Not timing myself or anything, but having fun if anyone wants to join. Tomorrow I’ll try it with music. Remember, make sure it’s a weighted hoop, and stand with feet shoulder length apart and move legs, not hips, side to side!

Day 2 – Japan – NFD

My water fast went well. I’m impressed by the number of people that started out the month fasting!

@shelliz
    @lilymartin
    @wacm
    @biddiev
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @russetfox
    @shinything
    @debster251
    @at
    @ccco
    @northerndawn 1st of B2B

Day 2, Emden Germany, FD

just a quick check in to start the pocket list, otherwise I get weak.

Pocket list day 2, if you want to join us, please copy and paste the list and add your name to it.

@snowflake56

Have nice day day everyone!

Day 2 Bristol, UK FD

Starting today’s list;

@stephsie

Feeling a bit meh today, combination of PMT and raining here today after a glorious day yesterday. Will plod through today with the promise of treats tomorrow if I want them (and I rarely ever do when tomorrow actually comes).
    Have a good day everyone!

Sorry, was writing same time as Snowflake! Will amend list:

@snowflake56
    @stephsie

Day 2: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    @gretta: sorry to hear you’ve not been well. DD (also in Melbourne area) has complained of having a cold. Is this something going around? I’m impressed you can go most of the week without sugar, wow! I’m such an addict.
    @matpi: still counting the bites, I see.
    @metatauta: good loss for March, congratulations!
    @dykask: The water fast expert, good work.

I tried to do a (very) rare FD yesterday starting with just a protein shake for breakfast, but fell by the wayside at 2pm….sigh! The trouble with me is that when I’m not at work (as this week) I eat, eat, eat…..aaarrrgggh!

Second post
    Day 1-Ohio work fd (I’m sticking to same as writing day for work so easier for me)

I’m once again trying to drop another 4 lbs. by the end of the month. I’m starting this month at 148.8 lbs. I have been doing this now since January and still sticking with it. I work nights and now get to walk around town after work until the girls are in school. Two more months of that! Rainy days I will still end up at the local restaurant, but just for coffee now. Yes, that is a victory. My final goal is 130ish and staying there.

I found a couple minutes before my ride to work and tried the hula hoop. Not even one time around. @metatauta Congrats getting so many already! I am going to get this. I want to beat my record. @matpi I’m also participating in the Hula Hoop Extravaganza. So, I would say just for me.

Gotta go back to work and my food is done for today.

Day 2 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD 2nd B2B

Beautiful crisp sunny morning but very cold, but yay, even though the clocks went forward this weekend and it’s darker in the mornings, I can still do my morning walk by the river as it’s just bright enough! And it’s bright until later in the evenings. Love it.

I did a very good FD yesterday but I was feeling very reflective and somber and had no motivation to do anything (aside from work of course 😆). It was my mothers 27th anniversary and although that’s such a long time, do we ever get over our mothers? She passed suddenly at only 54, and there are so many things that she has missed since 1992. So I WhatsApp’ed my sisters last night, and they too were feeling just like me so it was good comfort with my girlies.

Anyhow, that also meant I had zero motivation for food either, so an FD of less than 300 calories and early to bed. Did not visit Dad as I felt the last thing he needed was me moping at him (although he undoubtedly had his own memories to ponder yesterday).

B2b today and sure it will be a good one as wont be home much as I WILL take the 2 hour round trip into Dublin after work tonight to visit my Dad.

Great to see lots of newbies and oldies in April…I guess I am an oldie now eh???

Just remember folks, this is the best decision you have made to get your health in order. Together we are stronger 🏁

Pocket list day 2
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010

Day2 UK NFD
    Very pleased to have completed yesterday’s fast , now aiming for a “good “ nfd today also want to get a bit of time today to read all the posts x

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.