April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 741 total)

• Day 21: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Easter Day: Have a good day everyone!
    Here, the sun is shining (again!) it is a lovely fresh morning. I will be walking the dog once I’ve had breakfast.
    @snowflake56: Wow, what energy! Good to hear you are feeling much better.
    Pollen is supposed to be high at the moment because all the offending trees, etc have come out at once, with the sudden warm weather.
    I’ll come back later, my porridge is getting cold…

Day 21 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Quick check in. Definitely an NFD today what with it being Easter Sunday, chocolate eggs, and my granddaughters 3rd birthday party this afternoon ๐Ÿฐ

Fab weather, although misty now but hopefully will lift, we sat out in the garden yesterday evening and it was glorious.

Happy Sunday everyone

Day 21, Emden Germany, NFD

another lovely, sunny day. Off to visit friends today, there will be lamb on the menue and afterwards lots of chocolate.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21 – UK – NFD

What glorious weather we are enjoying ๐Ÿ˜Žโ˜€๏ธ Hope everyone is enjoying it with family/friends and having a fab time BUT my heart goes out to the family of those 137 people who have been killed and the hundreds more injured in explosions at churches and hotels in Sri Lanka – so sad for the cruelties we inflict on each other ๐Ÿ˜ข

Had a lovely visit from a second cousin and his partner who live in Norway – was a lovely surprise and we had a great time catching up!

@rabbette – I have to admit that the โ€œyogaโ€ version of chattarunga is much easier but have been trying to conquer a proper pushup for a year – so the secret is never to give up and to remember that you are never too old to achieve!
    @ciren2 – ๐Ÿค—
    @jaifaim – thank you for the welcome back ๐Ÿค—

I have been a bit lacking in self control over my eating/drinking habits of late but planning on taking myself in hand starting tomorrow with a FD and avoiding alcohol for the rest of this month and so hoping to undo any damage before it gets out of control ๐Ÿคž
    If anyone else needs any support/motivation to see the April 2019 Challenge out in style – join me for a week of control and moderation – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

I am going out for a walk with a friend soon and then tonight our walking group is getting together for a pizza night – I am just about to take a Rhubarb upside-down cake out of the oven to take for part of the desert buffet – it is a flattish cake more in the style of Scandinavian home baking with lots of ginger in the soft cake underneath and is making the house smell wonderful………

Right must be off – catch up next week sending ๐Ÿค— to anyone who might be needing one

Day 21 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Blessed Easter, one and all! Church then friends over for Easter brunch (ham, egg/spinach casserole, etc.). We are so blessed to live in plenty!

Onward and downward.

Day 21 – UK – EFS!!!!๐Ÿฃ

Happy Easter everyone ๐Ÿฃ.. it is another glorious day here โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ
    My hayfever has gone crazy these past few days but just getting through it with lots of eye drops, nasal spray and tissues galore!!!!
    Chocolate, good food, Ice cream and the rest… all makes for one super EFS!!!!
    If there is anyone out there fasting today i salut you! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 21
    Florida
    NFD Happy Easter to all. Beautiful day here. Going on a sunset cruise dinner boat later today. My weight is not moving. Staying the same. At least that part is good.
    Catch ya next time.

Day 21 UK EFS

Slept unusually badly last night – was in bed by 10pm and simply couldn’t sleep – which never happens bc I’m always so tired! Finally dropped off about midnight but woke lots during night, got up at 4am feeling exhausted.

Up & out at 4.30am for early service then did well in the community breakfast – fresh tomato, baked beans and a slice of my home made bread with a banana. Resisted chocolate, hot cruss buns etc. But after the 2nd service I went slightly AWOL with 3 pieces of gf vegan tiffin followed by 3 vegan magnums! That’s 1000 calories of just junk food & sugar! My Easter supper is going to be a long-awaited gf vegan pizza…. been sitting inthe freezer with my name on it for almost a momth! I’m clearly going to feast all day – an Easter face stuffing with @jaifaim – then join @at in a more controlled week to finish the month ๐Ÿ™‚

Must go drink water, change inot PJs and lie down relaxing in sun or on sofa… my body is calling for a lazy couple of hours and a v early night!

Whatever your day brings, wishing you a good one x

After my vegan lent I’m staying with it for the next 6 weeks & then decide whether to keep going on plant based diet….

Day 22, Japan, CD

My weekend was totally a mess. Have not eaten this much sugar and fat in one day for a long time. Today was planned to be a FD but business dinner again… And the long holiday will start in Thursday so I don’t really think I can hit the target for April ๐Ÿ™
    Hopefully I can make it a FD tomorrow but we will see…

day 22 – Japan – WFD

Working on water fat #31. I also had way too much sugar over the weekend.

Day 22 Wales FD
    Day 21 NFD
    Day 20 NFD

Far too much sugar over weekend, need to press reset today x

Day 22, Emden Germany, LFD

It’s Monday again, so a good day for a fresh start. As some of you, I also overdid it yesterday and if I go on eating like this, I will be out of maintenance at the start of the new challenge next week, only 9 days to go.

@ciren2 I think it’s the birch tree I’m reacting on, but it will pass. Rain is predicted for next Wednesday.
    @at this month I don’t have any self control at all, I just want to eat.
    @jaifaim the same here but I don’t use nasal sprays or eyedrops, I staying with the antihistaminics. I think it’s the birch tree I’m reacting on.
    @kaywesterman that sounds romantic!
    @shelliz are you going to Italy on Thursday?

Pocket list day 22

@snowflake56 LFD
    @dykask WFD
    @russetfox

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Good morning/day all?
    @jaifaim, @michelinme: and all who had EFS days….hope you enjoyed chocolate eggs etc, no guilt…back to basics this week, eh?
    Me too….yesterday I ate far too much (because I do when I’m at home) unfortunately.
    @shelliz: You too, I see. Put it in the past and move on.
    @dykask: a sugery weekend for you too? Sugar is SO addictive, it’s had me in it’s grip ALL my life, or at least since 8 years old, I’m afraid, and I’m 65 now….
    @russetfox: Yes, the beauty of this way of life….PRESS RESET and move ON!

Day 22 pocket list: If you’re fasting today copy, paste and add your name.

@dykask
    @russetfox
    @snowflake56

Day 22 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช -NFD

Glorious day. Yesterday I cleaned the wooden decking with a steam cleaner (very satisfying but shocking to see all that dirt come off), so today I am applying at least three coats of oil to the wood. So a very very busy weekend but all this work needs to be done now.

DH is off to work this afternoon so when I am finished my manual labour (wearing factor 50 sunblock as I am a typical Irish fair skin type), I will definitely relax in the evening sunshine with glass of wine m

FD for sure tomorrow and possible B2B2B…

Re hay fever, last year I started to suffer as I was working in a glasshouse at the time. What helped me was taking some salt in the morning. About a quarter teaspoon then chug back water (I am a chugger of water anyway) and the salt really worked. Might help someone?

Day 22 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

Wine, cheese, nuts, ice cream, chocolate…..a totally uncontrolled weekend so Iโ€™m joining @at and others for a week of moderation to repair the damage.

It is a bad year for hay fever, mine is as bad as it gets so Iโ€™m taking a daily antihistamine tablet but still have itchy eyes and stuffy nose waking me during the night. I had hoped daily kefir drinking would ease symptoms this year but sadly its made no difference. Intriguing that salt works for you @daffodil2010 I will experiment with that.

Day 22 pocket list: If youโ€™re fasting today copy, paste and add your name.
    @dykask
    @russetfox
    @snowflake56
    @missybear

Have a great day everyone ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Day 22 – UK – NFD ๐Ÿฃ
    Hi all… well my long weekend break ends tomorrow so I canโ€™t see myself getting back on track until Iโ€™m on that flight… but helping MIL with garden work, tip trip and will cycle later too…
    @snowflake56 itโ€™s birch pollen that sets off my hayfever so am in the same boat but @daffodil2010 I will try the salt trick and see how I get on..
    Enjoy the day everybody!

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 22 – UK – FD

What perfect weather we have been having and today is no exception ๐Ÿ˜Žโ˜€๏ธ started my day with an early Broga class at 7am followed by a 5mile walk up on the nearby fells – now back home and showered so using this time for a quick catchup here before I go out to meet my regular Monday afternoon coffee group – might be more sparkling mineral water with ice and lemon time as it is like summer here.

A good day to press my RESET button with the next 8 DAYS OF MODERATION to repair the damage that might have been inflicted @michelinme and @missybear and any one else on here who need some support, it is lovely to have you join me in this mini challenge!

My regular yoga class restarts this evening after a 2 week break so I’m hoping that it will help keep me focused on my fasting today – I’m hoping to keep it to minimal calories ๐Ÿคž

Pocket list day 22 – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @snowflake56 LFD
    @dykask WFD
    @russetfox
    @missybear
    @at

I am definitely having to remind myself today of my motto โ€œIF I QUIT NOW, I WILL SOON BE BACK TO WHERE I STARTED. AND WHEN I STARTED, I WAS DESPERATELY WISHING TO BE WHERE I AM NOWโ€

Day 22 UK NFD

See Iโ€™m not alone in the overindulged club! Iโ€™m going on a short trip visiting friends & family on Wednesday so realistically this months a write off for me But there have been lots of good points so Iโ€™m going for damage limitation aiming for a small loss for the month and really going to give it a go in May

My hay fever has been terrible the last few day so will give the salt a go @daffodil2010

Day 22, VA, USA, FD (has potential to be a LFD)
    Day 21 NFD

Yesterday was the first FD that I have ever changed to a NFD. I was proud over the way I changed it, which was that I actually thought about the decision over an hour long period. I weighed (ha) out the pros and cons and what days I would do fasting if I did switch up my regular Sunday fasting day. I made the decision because I wanted some grilled foods and I had fasted all day it would be my evening meal, but I calculated and it would be around 800 calories. And while that might count for some, my body is SLoW and I know that I need at least under 500 for my weight to even stay the same.

So decision was made with mindfulness. To enjoy an evening with grilled veggies and even a light gose (a sour beer) with dinner.

I would say that from what Iโ€™ve researched and what others have chimed in to say, is that a WFD could be still counted as a WFD with very minimal calorie intake like 50 or less calories for the whole day. Because like @dykask said even black coffee has some calories (its like 5-10 cal for a cup of coffee) now as @annemarilyn pointed out โ€œIf your goal is autophagy, then any actual food would stop it, especially protein.โ€

Protein on a WFD could then potentially change the outcome if you were going for autophagy (now would it be enough from say drinking broth that has 1g of protein *I have no idea and have not come across numbers/stats to help me figure that out)

What I can deduce is that (for me) if I have veggie broth 5cals with 0 protein I will consider it a WFD. If I have my miso broth 15 cals with 1g protein then I call that (for me) a LFD. These are just my own parameters. I also keep it under typically like 30 calories for a WFD or LFD, but thats just me and while I donโ€™t count calories on these days I still am mindful about it, I donโ€™t think my body is breaking the calorie bank when itโ€™s anything really below 50.

Feel free to chime in, or add to this info – Iโ€™m not a guru on the subject, just someone who recently dove into many articles about fasting and prolonged fasting. Hence the reason I had a couple of 4/5 days of fasting in a row.

Iโ€™m enjoying the fresh start with you guys too!

@daffodil2010 – Iโ€™m also Intrigued by this salt trick for hay fever. Must tell SO to try it.

@brightonbelle – really if I maintained or even had a small loss, I would consider that successful. Youโ€™re still in the game, we got 8 more days till May, heck by mathematics thats 3.75 almost still a 1/4 of the month left. *and personally I found that fasting on travel days helpful. Bc Iโ€™m already stuck in a place without being near a kitchen, and the kitchen is 1/2 the battle for me. Iโ€™m also very much into soup, so it would be a thing I would request from family and friends when I go visit (especially if it was still cold)

@snowflake56 LFD
    @dykask WFD
    @russetfox
    @missybear
    @at
    @rabbette

We got this! Toot that horn Pocket train is coming through ๐Ÿ˜‰

Day 22 USA (Utah visiting) FD

Easter was lovely! Brunch friends who came over to DDโ€™s house brought my absolute favorite cake, though, for DDโ€™s birthday: carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I HAD to have a piece. Oh how delish. And because it came from Costco, (Costco only sells giant sized items…) there is still 1/2 the cake left to tempt me today. I WILL make it a good FD.

Onward and downward.

Where are our friends from Australia?? Missing you xx

@snowflake56 LFD
    @dykask WFD
    @russetfox
    @missybear
    @at
    @rabbette
    @songbirdme

Day 22 UK FD/CD

After yesterday’s Easter Face Stuffing I’m feeling remarkably full but as yet not hungry – and not feeling puffy after my rare pizza & ice cream, which is amazing. I like having a feast day once in a while, as long as I don’t slip into old habits. I definitely need to drink lots more water, then have OMAD supper and get myself to bed by 9pm.

Planning ahead for an eating pattern for the rest of the week. I know it’ll help me make better decisions if I have a plan. Tues will be whatever today isn’t (CD/FD) – it’s a full day inc meeting in town early PM so should be straightforward to weave in healthy eating – take fruit with me, come home to chilli or salad supper. Weds is absolutely packed with meetings with groups and individuals – incl coffees x 2, lunch with friends & supper in community gathering – aiming to pace myself & make good choices. Thurs will be home-based but full so regular FD, Friday & Saturday CDs and Sunday a CD/NFD but not an EFS!

Here’s to living hopefully, with lifted spirits and eyes on the road ahead.

Pocket list:

@snowflake56 LFD
    @dykask WFD
    @russetfox
    @missybear
    @at
    @rabbette
    @songbirdme
    @ccco
    @michelinme

Day 20- Atlanta, GA- USA- FD

Day 22, VA, USA, FD (has potential to be a LFD)
    2nd post

@songbirdme – ahhhhh carrot cake, I tooooo love carrot cake. Ummm well I guess I do have a weakness, but alas no one here has such goodies. (Thank goodness!) OR I would be DOOMED!

@michelinme – I also like having a plan, even if it is just a loose idea for eating schedule.

Keeping on that fasting train, got to stay on so I donโ€™t gain ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 23, Japan, FD

Yesterday ended up with a full plate of bite-sized cakes and grapes. Meat and fish. But I managed to skip all meals until then so a CD? NFD? Never being able to count the calories when eating out…

Today will be a FD. Probably my last FD before going to Italy on Thursday. Hopefully I don’t gain too much from the 2 week vacation.

Onward and downward.

Day 22- Ohio fd800

Kind of expected this, but I finally am fitting in my 32 work pants. Nice part is that they are not tight fit either. But, I’m going to look Friday for a pair of pants I don’t expect to fit yet, but am going to try on. Honestly, that pair Never fit since I bought them, but it is a wishful pair. Skinny pants no less. My boyfriend said he noticed a difference since we haven’t seen each other for a few months and I did feel smaller than last time I saw him. Of course, the family notices nothing.
    I deal with ragweed every year plus the tree pollen allergies. Being in a newish area has me flaring more. Lucky there are less trees, but I know later will be worse. I may try the salt too. I had never heard of that before. I normally am supposed to do local raw honey. It’s just finding someone within the radius. No signs yet over honey.
    So, hope everyone had a good day today.

Day 22 Ohio, US — NFD (70 bites)
    Day 17 — NFD (?? bites)
    Day 18 — NFD (70 bites)
    Day 19 — FD (#75)
    Day 20 — NFD (70 bites)
    Day 21 — NFD (70 bites)

Sorry for the lapse. This is a incredibly frenzied time at work, leading up to a crescendo ( I hope) on last Wednesday. Easter Break started for me on Thursday, so I went up to Michigan for an acupuncture treatment. Probably needed more time between the big stress of Wednesday and the treatment, but that was the only time that trip could be done. As a consequence I spent most of Friday in bed, so the FD went by horizontally for the most part. Saturday I did a lot of driving to get all my groceries in, and also the real estate agent brought their handyman to take a look at the small cosmetic fix-me-ups that need to be done before putting the house on the market. The workmen will be here starting Wednesday and the house should go on the market May 1. Sunday was a good day with family time going late into the evening, but I was still recovering from all the busyness. Today I had a meeting two hours away, so spent almost six hours away from home. All of which is to say that my schedule has been hugely erratic, hence the lapse. The frenzy time at work now may even seem to be a relief from the frenzy time during Break.

This is the longest I’ve gone since joining the monthly challenges without checking in. Fortunately with all the craziness, this WOL has been running like clockwork (with the exception of last Wednesday), so I’m still making good downward progress for the month.

@shelliz Have a great trip to Italy! This is probably the most wonderful time of the year to visit that beautiful country. If you do a lot of touring, you may be doing so much walking that you might actually lose weight. That happened to my mother during a visit there.

@rabbette Sounds like you made a great mindful decision! Keep up the great awareness!

Have a super day, everyone!

Day 23 Melb Aust (early afternoon) FD800 (1st day of B2B2B2B)
    Day 22 TDEE, Day 21 TDEE, Day 20 NFD Day 19 FD

Was thrilled on Saturday to weigh-in at my lowest since starting this WOL, then had an indulgent Easter, as seems to have been fairly common among us. Ah well. Gave some Easter eggs to the children across the road, and should have realised that as an Italian family, they would feel they had to reciprocate, thus – yesterday’s intended FD became an “enjoy chocolate” day, followed by dinner at friends’. Still a TDEE day, but I will be following many of you into a much more restrained final few days of the month.

@russetfox, congrats on reaching that elusive under 30 BMI – that’s my next goal; have to lose about 5 kg yet to get there.

@michelinme, great to fit into a dress from so long ago. Must have felt really good.

@shinything, hang in there, and remind yourself “this too will pass”.

Onwards and downwards everyone; only 7 days to the end of the month! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 23, Emden Germany, FD

LFD went well yesterday. Friends are coming this afternoon to spend a few days with us. I already told my friend there will be no big cooking going on, so no roast beef, ravioli with ricotta and eggyolk or lava cake but I will make them a club sandwich before they leave on Friday. My friend is fine with it, her husband won’t be pleased. He lives to eat, drink and sleep.

@ciren2 when is the surgery planned this week?
    @rabbette thanks for your thoughts on WFD, LFD and FD. I have no idea how to find out the amount of protein in beef or bone broth. I just can’t do a WFD, would be better for the skin, it’s a bit loose at some places.
    @daffodil2010 I will try the salt and see what it does to my BP. It’s worth a try.
    @aglowworm how are you?
    @hieiren, @betsylee and @russetfox great to hear you’re all doing so well!

Pocket list day 23

@snowflake56
    @shelliz
    @betsylee FD800 1st of B2B2B2B

Day 23 โ€“ Melbourne AUS โ€“ FD

Hope everyone had a great easter weekend. Mine was spent reading, baking (two successful batches of hot cross buns), installing flooring, and exercising. The usual easter blowout was relatively controlled compared to previous years, though here was still some pockets of EFS in there. So happy overall.

Despite the indulgences over Easter, only planning on having one FD this week today, as Thursday is a public holiday here in Aus for Anzac day, and itโ€™s my birthday! So have also taken the Friday off work, and I imagine thereโ€™ll be plenty of indulgencesโ€ฆDH is taking me for a degustation dinner on Friday, then the ball on Saturday which is 3 coursesโ€ฆ.Next week will undo any damage done.

Start a new role at work today which Iโ€™m pretty excited about! Though my IT hasnโ€™t yet been sorted, so it seems thereโ€™ll be time for me to catch up on the 4 days of posts I missed over the easter break.

@snowflake56 and @rabette I caved and bought a new frock even though the other one (I have no doubt) would have just fit – itโ€™s beautiful and Iโ€™m going to feel great in it, DH and I did some shopping on Saturday and he insisted I get it as it looked that good. I have a few weddings coming up later this year which it will be perfect for (good incentive to stick to this WOL and maintenance once Iโ€™m there!
    @at great to hear from you! Well done on the pushups, thatโ€™s great progress!
    @rabbette what a great idea replacing chips with something healthy that still satisfies the salty, crunchy urge!! I like to thinly slice raw carrot and sprinkle chilli salt on it, which (sometimes) satisfies the craving! Youโ€™ll be back in your dance pants in no time at all!
    @russetfox contrats on the new lower BMI! Excellent news about woofits too ๏Š you must be so relieved.
    @shinything weโ€™re all here for you, thoughts are with you and your mother at this difficult time.
    @betsylee congrats on the new low! We all need these indulgences sometimes, and Iโ€™m glad I can fit them in while still working towards my goal with this WOL

Pocket List day 23:
    @betsylee
    @gretta

2nd post

hi @gretta we posted at the same time. One can never have too many dresses, I’m sure you will look lovely in the new one!

Pocket list day 23

@gretta
    @shelliz
    @snowflake56

Day 23 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Back to work after the long Easter break. As most of my colleagues are on leave there are only two of us on the team this week so I sure hope that the rest of the financial world is also on leave and won’t send in huge investment deals to us this week!! I don’t want to be worked to a frazzle after that glorious weekend โ˜บ๏ธ

Joining everyone on the FD train, needs must, though surprised at only putting on a pound after that Easter indulgence ๐Ÿ‘

Re the salt for hay fever, I heard about it last year but cannot remember where…I was taking antihistamine but they made me so drowsy that I could have lain down in the compost heap and gone asleep ha ha. So I had to find something…….I think the hay fever is brought on by lack of salt…I will try to find the article and post here, but it certainly worked for me all last summer surrounded by flowering plants.

Have a good day 23.

Day 23 Wales NFD

Day 23 – Japan – NFD

Water fast 31 is done. Next week I might do a longer fast as I have a business trip coming up and it is just to difficult to fast when you have to be at business meals.
    I’m also looking into dry fasting which actually moves the fasting impacts along 2 to 3 times faster. Supposedly 24 hours is worth 2 to 3 days worth of water fasting because the body will break down fat for water. However there are serious downsides too:
    1) One is within days of death where with water fasting it is more like months. So the risk is much, much higher. Much greater chance of side effects too.
    2) (The killer) It wouldn’t be safe to work out while doing a dry fast.

So for most people a 36 hour dry fast is probably safe, but 72 hours would be pushing your luck and 7 days could be deadly.

Day 23- Atlanta, Ga. – USA FD

Yesterday’s FD didnt go as planned. I got home to cook my lunch for today and ate it in the kitchen. Uggh!! I have dinner plans for tonight but I plan on eating a salad of mixed greens only with a lite vinegrette. Hopefully I can salvage yesterday’s slip up.

Day 23 Canton OH FD

@dykask your comment took me back. My grandma used to dry fast for religious reasons, she usually capped it at 3 days every time but she did it pretty regularly – at least 6 times a year. I vaguely remember we would visit with her and she would cook delicious meals but could not join us in eating it because she was “dry fasting”. She looked great and was very physically active even into her 80s. Unfortunately, she slipped one day in the tub, fell and hit her head and passed away. I was away at college when it happened and never had a chance to say good bye to her.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

oops second post
    pocket list Day 23

@gretta
    @shelliz
    @snowflake56
    @basyjames

AAnnemarilyn and @rabette thank you for sharing your research, stuff like that keeps me going. I know how great I feel on this WOL but once in a while it’s great to read the science behind it all.

I am trying to get back into my routine of reading posts and responding before I start work; because once my work day begins it’s impossible to do so. I miss you guys ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 23 – USA – NFD

Still chugging along in the 130s, but getting “scary skinny” type comments and I”m noticing a lot more wrinkles in places I would rather not have them. I’m still hula-hooping every other day and doing free weights alternatively. My work schedule is all over the board. Trying to stay with 2 meals a day at 16:8, but not too successful like I was when I had less work hours. Hopefully, they will cut me back in the summer and I’ll be able to properly do 16:8. Not aiming to lose any more weight, but just tone. Loving my hula hoop which takes a prominent spot in the middle of my little living room….

Day 23 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Great FD yesterday at 430 calories. Had my apple for late lunch, then salad and some egg/spinach casserole (leftovers from Easter). Lots of water and tea.

Hope to catch up with responses to posts sometime – sounds like everyone is managing.

Onward and downward.

Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD….

Aarrgghh…..so much to catch up on, I’ll have to come back later.
    Busy day at work, followed by acupuncture shortly (once again, for my sore back and hamstrings). Repetitive strain? DH had to go for a follow-up blood check today as his back-op is due on Thursday and, apparently, they have to check it twice. He’ll actually find out his blood group on the day too, which would be interesting to know.

Day 23, UK, NFD

I am happy to say that after all the indulgences during Easter I put on only 0.5kg. I’ll call that a success ๐Ÿ˜€ . I hope everyone had a good Easter ๐Ÿ™‚

@ciren2, @stephsie, @daffodil2010, @michelinme, @gretta thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes, it helps ๐Ÿค— Unfortunately, my mum has suffered the beginning of a vascular dementia, the condition that is horrible and doesn’t get better ๐Ÿ˜” . Its life.

@snowflake56 I’m glad you are enjoying eagles ๐Ÿ˜€ , I love checking on them regularly and I get all anxious hehe ๐Ÿ˜€ . I don’t watch North Decorah nest, and I don’t think I will now after what you said, that’s sad ๐Ÿ™ .

@rabbette I’m not moaning that much so I think I must be doing ok ๐Ÿ˜‰

@jaifaim thank you ๐Ÿค— , you are right, support here is awesome and really helps, just reading and checking the forum every day makes you feel just that bit better about things ๐Ÿ™‚

@shelliz, @russetfox I too can’t remember the last time I had so much sugar like I had on Easter day! It was just ridiculous ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@basyjames we miss you too, its always good to see you posting ๐Ÿค—

I hope everyone is having/had a great day ๐ŸŒผ

Day 23 (late!) UK FD

Full non-stop day but productive & good. Even fuller day tomorrow. Quick check-in for accountability… Yesterday was CD, today successful FD. Hope to catch up with posts on Thurs.

Feeling pretty rough & v v tired already…o idea how I’m going to get thru tomorrow – wing & prayer. Up v early and out all day. Lunch & supper out too. I’ll do my best to make good choices.

@shinything just saw your post above mine. So sorry about your Mum xxxxx

Day 24 โ€“ Melbourne AUS โ€“ NFD

Successful FD at 470cal, and weighed in this morning as exactly the same weight as pre-Easter!!! Iโ€™m calling that a success!!

Likely to be my last weigh in this month…so 0.2kg off my April goal of 69.5kg, and 0.7kg off my overall goal, so weโ€™re heading in the right direction. The next few days may derail me with plenty of celebrations and events on, but Iโ€™ll be sure to enjoy, and then press the RESET next week. Aiming to hit maintenance in May. Soo close!

@shinything well done nagivating the easter temptations, youโ€™ll lose that small gain in no time at all! Such sad news about your mother, so sorry to hear *hugs*

@ciren2 hopefully the acupuncture gives you some relief. Good luck for your DHโ€™s op on Thursday.

Day 24, Japan, FD

Tomorrow morning I’m going to step on the scale for the last time this month, and off to the holiday. I am still 0.3kg off my April goal so a FD to finish.

I can see a lot of you – including myself – had some plenty of sugar over the weekend but holidays are there to enjoy! A few FDs and we will be back onto the track.

Day 24 – Japan – NFD

@Busyjames – Sorry about what happened to your grandmother but she must have been really tough. A 3 day dry fast isn’t something to take lightly.

Day 23 Ohio, US — FD(#76)

An okay FD.

@michelinme Hope you make it through the day in good form! You’re one of the wisest people on this forum — so I’m quite sure your choices will be great ones!

@shinything Sorry about your Mom. It may be helpful to remember that “Love is as deep as the road is long…”

@therealwil78 Sometimes re-scheduling a FD is the best way to go. The nice thing about the 5:2 way is the great flexibility it gives us. My Monday fast had to be re-scheduled until today, since I’ve discovered that things don’t go well if I fast and am on the road for five or more hours. This WOL really can help us roll with the punches, as it were.

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD:

@dykask: I’ve always admired your strength of will that you keep up your water fasts so well and so regularly….but….you are now thinking of dry-fasting?
    Dehydrating yourself?
    Please be careful. This cannot be anything but risky to your health, especially for your kidneys and brain? We all know that intermittent fasting has many health benefits, but I don’t think anyone could recommend no drinking for the period. Take care.
    @shinything: I’m so sorry that your mum has vascular dementia…what a terrible thing that must be for everyone concerned. I hope they can help her as much as is possible.
    @gretta: Yay to you! So close to maintenance, ready for May.

Well done to all of you for keeping on the wagon, and join the club for those who are struggling with me!
    Got to get ready for work now. See you later xx

Day 24, Emden Germany, FD

yesterday’s FD was more a FD800 one, but it’s fine. Plan to do another FD today.

@shinything I’m so sorry about your mother, it’s hard for everyone. The single eaglet is doing well now, mostly one is the parents is on the nest now.

Pocket list day 24

@snowflake56
    @shelliz

Day 24 Melb Aust FD800 (1st of B2B2B – yesterday was a failure!)
    Day 23 TDEE

FD800 going okay so far today. Protein bar for lunch, and plan on lots of vegies cooked with a couple of eggs for dinner, with some low fat cheese melted on top – about 500 cals and very filling. Still 0.4 kg higher than I was on Saturday due to enjoying some Easter indulgences and ice-cream.

@dykask, my hair stood on end at the thought of you moving to “dry fasting” – I echo @ciren2, sure you’ll “lose” a lot of weight, but it will be mainly fluid, and you could really be putting your health at risk. It is definitely not something ever recommended, or even mentioned by Dr M for this WOL. Be patient. The weight comes off. Don’t stress your body unnecessarily, please. I know the Bible mentions Queen Esther doing it on one occasion, but that was a situation of life and death, and certainly not a normal religious observance.

@metatauta, re the wrinkles, doesn’t Dr Fung recommend a couple of WFDs to promote autophagy to deal with loose skin?

@shinything, so sorry to read of your Mum’s situation. Dementia is such a sad downward spiral.

@daffodil2010, Hope work hasn’t been too crazy this week, with just the two of you working.

@gretta, wow! A new dress to look stunning in – enjoy! And happy birthday for tomorrow. And this is a WOL, not a diet, so you can easily reset in May.

@shelliz, have a great holiday!

Onward and downwards!

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.