April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 741 total)

• Day 17 Eastern WA USA – FD

Turning out to be a 3rd FD so it’s B2B2B. I’m taking it a day at a time. So feeling good and continuing. Will keep going until tomorrow lunch with a friend if possible, making it a 90 hour fast. I am keeping it liquid today but have added cream to my coffee.

@daffodil2010 – yay for your dad setting himself goals! That’ll help him get there. You ended up changing your FD to a NFD yesterday. That’s why I’m only committing a day at a time and if I start feeling poorly, and pink salt under tongue and beverage doesn’t improve things, then I’ll stop. I think I’ll only plan to do a longer fast like this about once a month. I’m trying to take back ground lost during my long road trip followed by a shorter one.

@michelinme – good to know what you’re dealing with health-wise. Hope you’re right as rain soon.

@shelliz – Happy Birthday!

@rabbette – What are you teaching? Perhaps you’ve told us but I don’t remember. I too enjoy bread and have found some tasty keto recipes on line and in a couple of recipe books I’ve bought. I often make some bread in a mug or ramekin on the weekends and then make an open-faced sandwich; for example, I toasted the bread, spread some avocado mashed with olive oil and sea salt, a fried egg, a slice of cheese & some sugar free bacon. (Maybe not the best thing to describe here as we’re both on day 3 of fasting. Oh, well, when we’re ready we can have it 🙂 )

Together we’re stronger fasting forum friends!

Pocket list day 17
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @snowflake56 4th of B2B2B2B2B2B2B
    @betsylee
    @russetfox
    @ccco
    @rabbette 3rd of 5xB2B
    @stephsie
    @annemarilyn

Day 17- Ohio nfd
    Been fighting a virus that is finally breaking up, so lots of sleeping. Upside- also had hours cut a bit because of work, so going to have more time to get sleep too. Downside- haven’t done much other than sleep and work or get ready for work. So, long winded way to say sorry.
    Nothing much good to report either, except they never ran more tests on my mother, but sent her home this weekend after her bloodwork leveled out and she stopped bleeding. Not too impressed about it.
    @daffodil2010- cool over the conversion. I remember my best friend’s parents converting a school bus way before it was cool to do into a camper for them. As kids, it was embarassing, but now wish I could. And I remember there being lots of work to get everything right, so yes, I am really impressed over all you have been doing. Plus, of course your dad will be driving this summer.
    @rabbette lucky how many people you inspire so often. I’m glad you get to teach them.
    @shelliz happy belated birthday. Hope you enjoyed it.
    Ok, I have to get ready for work still. Easter is soon and I STILL need to get the chocolate bunnies for the kids to demolish and more white chalk for the budding sidewalk artists.

Day 18, Japan, NFD

My first ever LFD went well! It was even close to WFD. All I had was black coffee and some broth (of 24 kcal). It’s going to be 40 hrs fasting when I break my fast with lunch today. I was feeling very tired yesterday after a whole day of work but I’m actually feeling not too bad this morning. Hmm, might do it again next week.

@matpi @metatauta @gretta @snowflake56 @daffodil2010 @michelinme @ccco @betsylee @ciren2 @russetfox @rabbette @stephsie @annemarilyn @hieiren
    Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! Didn’t expect receiving this much happy bdays. That was really really sweet. And I really appreciate the support I get here everyday. Wishing you all a happy delightful year!

Day 18 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Tried the dress I’m keen on wearing to the ball next weekend, and it’s fitting pretty snug. Last time I wore it was two weeks before my wedding, enough said! So that being said, the next week and a half MUST be controlled, otherwise I’ll have to find something else to wear.

Kitchen closed at 650cal with a solid HIIT session in the morning, and joined in on the Thursday run at work, didn’t last the whole time, but covered 7km so I’m happy with that lunchtime effort! Hopefully I’m setting myself up to feel comfortable in the form fitting dress! Having said that, if that doesn’t all go as planned, a new frock would be nice  can’t be too hard on myself!

Even resisted the Easter eggs and hot cross buns at work today. Now THAT is progress!

TOM has just hit with terrible cramps, so I think it’s going to be an easy night with a glass of wine on the couch.

@michelinme hope you feel better soon! There’s been a terrible bug going around this side of the world too.
    @jaifaim apart from the odd spin class, I’m never on a bike, so right back at you!! Lol
    @therealwil78 sounds like you’re back in the right headspace, and back on track! Date nights are the best, totally worth missing a FD for.

Hope everyone has a fabulous easter!

Day 18: Gloucestershire, UK:

Just a quick check-in before work, as I may be short of time today. I have to go with DH for his pre-op assessment late this afternoon, in the rush hour, unfortunately. However when you are given a hospital appointment, you don’t turn it down! He’s having keyhole surgery on his back next week (hopefully).
    Have a good day everyone xx

Day 18 Bristol, UK NFD

Weight has been weird this week. Have completed second fast day and still not at lowest weight from last week. One more fast day to go tomorrow. I wasn’t great at the weekend but I didn’t think I was that bad! I went to a Vegan festival and had an amazing Facon roll and some delectable vegan truffles though, which wouldn’t have helped 🙂

Posts crossed – good luck for your OH today @Ciren 2 x

Day 18, Emden Germany, CD

I had to stop fasting yesterday because of hayfever but didn’t overdo it. Worked in the garden for only a short time when it started. Antihistaminics didn’t very well, neither did a long bath. Today we’re visiting my MIL and later my SIL so have to sit in the car for ~ 6 hours which is good, is has AC with a pollen filter.

@therealwil78 hope you had a good FD yesterday.
    @jaifaim the Atlas Mountains, that’s a real challenge.
    @ciren2 good luck at your OH’s appointment today, perhaps fasting will be easier when he’s well again.
    @rabbette the only bread I can make is the one @michelinme gave us the recipe for, my DH bakes the delicious bread. What a lovely comment you got, it’s so nice to get a positive feedback.
    @hieiren it’s not good your mother went back home without knowing the cause of the bleeding, I hope she feels well.
    @shelliz you gave yourself a realy good birthday present, well done!
    @gretta it’s good to have a goal when fasting. I’m sure the dress will fit well next weekend. You know how to do it, so go for it!
    @stephsie do you look different, or do your clothes fit better? After 3 days of fasting I didn’t lose anything according to the scales, but I look thinner, so I go by the looks.

I hope everyone suffering from a virus will be better soon, take care!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD/NFD…not sure

Good FD yesterday but no shift in weight. This happens. Not sure whether to make it FD (planning to) but might be derailed in work as they are offering a pizza slice lunch for the bank holiday. If I can slip away from that without being noticed that no pizza taken then the FD may be saved 😆😆

Busy Easter weekend ahead just catching up on all the things that have to be done in the house, van, and garden. Washing down the glass doors and roof of the patio, steam cleaning decking, and mostly, sanding down the cedar in the camper before laying the vinyl flooring…..phew 🚐

@stephsie @rabette, @HiEirin it is cool to hear of others who have done VanLife. I can truthfully say that before buying this van I had never stepped inside a camper before. This was certainly the greatest whim we had ever had!! Glad though that we had no preconceived ideas as this van will be to our specifications only.

And yes, we are taking photos of every step of the way. Not the sort of people to do YouTube updates 😱 But I plan to make an album or video of the start to finish…….whenever that may be 👍

@jaifaim, We were very surprised that Dad got the Home Care package straight away but it’s great. Now, I do have a friend who is in Public Health so she was telling us what to do regarding applications for this and that. If you don’t apply or make phone calls it won’t happen. Oh and WOW at the Atlas Mountains trip!! DH and I have talked about that before….but on a motorbike, 🏍 so kudos to you.
    Have a great Holy Thursday everyone, and the weather seems to be turning Easter like at last. Yay.

Day 18 – Manchester, England – NFD

Hi all quick check in. I hope everyone is doing ok. I’m back on the horse-ish and still trying to take each day as it comes. Looking forward to the long weekend of warm, sunny weather here in Manchester. I probably won’t get chance to check in, so see you next week! 💜

Day 18 Melb Aust CD (8:15 p.m.)

Good CD today. FD tomorrow, and then we’ll see where I’ve got to.

@rabbette, hot cross buns are available in Australia for a couple of months before Easter. The traditional ones are cooked with sultanas, but you can also buy fruit-free, and even apple & cinnamon or chocolate chip varieties. I prefer the traditional ones, and they freeze well.
    By the way, in Australia anyway, we divide dried grapes into 3 varieties according to size. The very small ones are currants, mid-sized are sultanas and they’re usually quite sweet, and the biggest are raisins (and very occasionally still have the pips inside them).

@snowflake56, hope the hayfever settles for you with the long drives.

Good Friday tomorrow – Happy Easter everyone!

Day 18- Atlanta, Ga.- USA- FD

Decided to do a B2B Fd today. We were treated to meat lasagna at work yesterday, but I resisted. Decided to make a togo plate for today. I decided against it. i’m starting to see results again and I don’t want to mess that up. Maybe I’ll treat myself on Saturday. I usually have NFD’s on the weekends. The lasgna should still be good, right?

DAY 18 – UK – CD

I’m still here, just lurking in the background but sadly not contributing much this month – I’m not planning to weigh myself until the end of the challenge month and being positive that I’ll still be within my maintenance range 😊

I have been keeping up with my exercise regime and this month have managed to do proper pushups and can now do 6 in a row!!!! For me this is a major achievement – even OH is impressed!!!! We have had some lovely weather and I have also been enjoying some lovely fell walks.

This weekend I am having a visit from a cousin and his girlfriend, they live in Norway and we will have perfect Easter Weekend weather for them but I have warned them that the Lake District is so busy at this time of the year!

@ciren2 – hope you are enjoying hosting the challenge and that you are on your way to finding your mojo back with this WOL 🤗

Off to see the local amateur dramatic society perform this evening with a group of friends – should be a good laugh!

Hope everyone is having a good month – impossible to comment and catch up with what has been going on with everyone so just wishing you all the best for the remaining 12 days left in the challenge – plenty of time to make a difference

“ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE.”
    — Winston Churchill

USA Day 18 FD

Decided to make today another FD of about 500 calories because I was unsure what to eat when I broke yesterday’s fast. I fear that when I eat after a fast, I may be ruining my loss because I am not sure how much to eat. I am working on that! Since I don’t see a pocket list for day 18, I will start one.

Pocket List Day 18

@ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 18, VA, USA, FD (since I ate a couple springs of baby arugula)

I had a funny moment with my SO this morning, I chewed a couple pieces of baby arugula as I was sorting some out for their sandwich and I said “wow arugula taste like salt and pepper potato chips!” They laughed and said “I think the water fasting is making your imagination go wild.”

None the less, I had this moment where I thought to myself “what if the next time I want crisp/chips I make myself just a dry bowl of arugula?” I mean this morning I LOVED it! I mean I already like arugula and when ever I make a salad of it, I keep it extremely simple with just a fresh squeezed lemon mixed with a tiny bit of oil and a sprinkle of salt. Some days I add nuts or hemp hearts. Its not like its a far stretch for me.

Other than that, I feel physically great, but emotionally I feel lonely today. My best friend is struggling with food right now and she can not chat with me about my progress or process. I think it’s made my heart a little sad, b/c I’m not sure how to help her with her struggle and me because I feel alone.

@annemarilyn – perfectly ok to ask, its hard to keep up with all the ongoing info. I am a full figure yoga teacher. Which has its benefits that students do not feel intimated by my classes, but are challenged to meet themselves. Bread in a Mug ay? I’ve made cake in a mug. I do the mashed avocado too, the addition of a fried egg sounds lovely. But since I hardly ever have bread in the house I spread it on a rice cake (I can keep those longer than a loaf of bread and it satisfies my crunchy craving.) I am feeling the challenge tho of maybe making some bread if I have all the ingredients. I may need new yeast…

@hieiren – Hope you are on the mend, hot lemon water? Or ginger tea is quite helpful and yummy.

@shelliz – I like LFDs the broth really perks me up and its just so comforting. I’ll have to see if I still feel that way once summer rolls in and brings the HEAT!

@gretta – I know this feeling very well and although mine is not a dress, for me it was pants that I liked to dance in, I don’t feel comfortable wearing just any pants to dance. I have like 4 pair of “dance pants” and when my SO wanted to go out, I felt lost without them… I’m not fitting in them yet, but I’m hopeful. So keep at it. You can do it! As for TOM I find that when I am out of sync of the moon *which I am right now* I have worse cramps. Get a warm water bottle and snuggle up.

@ciren2 – hope rush hour wasn’t too bad and things go as scheduled.

@stephsie – keep that chin up, it takes time and patience (oh my gosh patience)

@snowflake – I think I found @michelinme recipe … “ratio is c450g gf oats, c500ml ff Greek Yogurt, 2tsp each of salt & baking soda.” what temp and how long to bake?

@daffodil2010 – Oooooooo pizza. I’m not even a huge fan of pizza (my SO typically has to plead to get pizza once in a while) but smelling it after fasting, yeah I might just dive it too. BEST to steer clear or accept the day as a NFD. And YAY to photos! As many would say photos or it didn’t happen ;-). WE have an old van that is a turtle top. Its fun, but there are tons of waisted space due to this van being from the 90’s when it was converted by the company turtle top (and all the PLUSH GREEN fabric that covers every bit of the interior *how that must have looked so cool in the 90’s.

@betsylee – well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. I had no idea all the different sizes for the fruity grape buggers. (I’ll use the excuse that they have the fruit in em, so that I stay far away – otherwise all six buns don’t stand a chance…) Must wear a big W on my shirt for WILLPOWER!

@therealwil78 – as long as you heat the lasagna to proper temperature (especially if it has meat in it.) bake it till it bubbles (and if needed add a bit of water, sometimes noodles dry out in the fridge)

@at – yeah, pushups are hard. I can do the “yoga” version of chattarunga (elbows hugged in close to the ribs) and then push up to plank from that, but not arms out wide like a regular pushup. Good for you.

@ccco – that is exactly what was happening to me. I liked the feeling after the extended fast last week of enjoying smaller portions. Hence the 2nd week of 5xB2B I started WFD:LFD:WFD:FD (today) I’m going to slowly add in food today. Just veggies and enjoy their flavor. I found that I appreciate food more if I have had less of it. Cheers on your fast

In the Pocket – add yourself to the pocket list!

Pocket list day 18
    @ccco
    @rabbette 4th of 5xB2B

Fast is fast, slow is slow, but either way you get where you go. (Smiling)

Day 18 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Quietly continuing with my 2 FDs a week of around 800 calories and happily maintaining. Looking forward to a toasted and buttered hot cross bun in the morning and some red wine and a little dark chocolate over the weekend.

Happy Easter everyone 🐣

Day 18 Wales FD

Pocket list day 18
    @ccco
    @rabbette 4th of 5xB2B
    @russetfox

Day 18 UK ?FD

Yesterday became a CD when I got home from lent course and ate a whole pkt of grilled vegan fish fingers.Yum.. & I slept like a log.

Still viral today and somehow managed to skip project work in favour of getting ahead with home & house stuff. Shopped for lots of lovely fruit & veg ahead of warm & sunny weekend 🙂 81yo mother confessed she’d collided with bus pole and was feeling bruised and sore so added her shopping to mine…. She’s also now coming to tea on Monday – by taxi! My quiet weekend and next week’s catch up both seem to be fuller than expected & not quite sure how it’ll all fit! I’m going to leave everything now until Monday, and have a proper break to focus on home, social & church stuff.

Tomorrow I plan to skip the post-service hot cross buns bc vegan & gluten-free – last year I tried some and felt SO ill after not eating gluten for years that I vowed never again! But I’m due to have tea & catch up with lovely friend who’s just back from travels… and that usually means chips or cake! Hopefully that will be a breaking of today’s FD… as long as I have an abstemious supper after somehow mysteriously downing a huge bag of popcorn earlier…

Day 18 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Breaking my WFD/LFD over lunch with a friend today, making it about 90 hours. I’ve been quite tempted to break it this morning, but I’ll be fine. From what I’ve learned, when one does a water fast, about .5 lbs a day will stay off. So when one starts eating again it won’t all stay off. For example, I’m down 7 lbs today, after 3 days of fasting, but up to 1/2 of that could come back. Everybody’s a little different, but knowing this helps me not get so upset with the scale fluctuations.

@jaifaim – wow! I just looked up where you’re planning to ride. The Atlas Mountains are in north Africa, unless there are others. Do you bring your own bike?

@therealwil78 – great choice with taking some pizza home. It should be fine in the fridge or freezer.

@daffodil2010 – so you have pizza possibly as well – maybe you can use @therealwil78‘s idea if need be.

@rabbette -BTW, the keto bread in a mug uses baking powder rather than yeast

@michelinme – Thank you for a new vocabulary word – “abstemious”. I don’t remember hearing that one before.

Heading up to Canada to see family for Easter. Not sure when I’m leaving yet.

Blessings on the Easter weekend!

Day 18 Canton OH Fast800

sorry I have been a away for a few days. I have been pretty controlled all week though, I am happy to say but I could do a better job with my exercise regimen – my fitbit needs a new battery so i used that as an excuse not to exercise this week. I will get back on track next week – promise to self

@shelliz happy belated birthday – I am glad your day went well:)

I was so cold and crabby today, I took a quick trip to the cafeteria to fix myself a veggie salad with bacon bits, blue cheese crumbles and full fat ranch dressing. It hit the spot nicely and now I can be human again 🙂

I have hovered between 530-547 calories all week. Yesterday I tried to eat to TDEE but the best I could do was 937 calories before my feeding window closed. I am aiming for 800 calories today; that gives me about 400 calories for dinner.

Ciao my friends, i need to catch op on posts and I plan to do so tomorrow.

2nd post

hi @rabbette here is the original @michelinme bread recipe:

INGREDIENTS

1. approx 450g gf oats
    you can use whole gf porridge oats (big or little) or whizz some or all down into a flour if you want a denser or lighter loaf. I sometimes use a handblender or a hand coffee grinder for about half the oats, but usually don’t bother at all!

2 approx 500ml fatfree Greek yogurt
    both these amounts are approximate because it’s a bit trial and error. Different yogurts & oats seem to absorb differently, and adding eg seeds makes for a drier mix. Basically start with a 400g oat/450ml yogurt mix, and if it feels dry and crumbly or wet and sticky when mixed into dough, fix it with extra yogurt or oats.

3 2tsp salt
    4 2tsp baking soda

Optional extras
    For seedy loaf : 4-8 tbsp seeds (eg sunflower/linseed/pumpkin/chia, mixed…)
    For flavour: 2tsp favourite spice or herb (eg black pepper, tarragon, cumin)
    For sweet loaf: eg 2tsp cinnamon, 4 tbsp raisins, 4 tbspns chopped almonds; OR 2tsp ground ginger, 4 tbsp chopped dates, 4 tbsp chopped brazil nuts etc

METHOD
    A grease loaf tin – i also *flour* it with a few extra oats – looks pretty 🙂
    pre-heat oven to 180C fan (200C non fan)

B mix dry ingredients together, including any optional extras

C mix in yogurt – begin with wooden spoon then mix by hand, binding ingredients together to form a dough. if it’s sticky, add a few more oats. If dry and crumbly, add a little more yogurt

D form into a dough shape to fit your loaf tin. Place in tin and press down to fill the corners. Mark a deep line lengthways along top. Press down (eg) seeds, raisins etc to decorate top, especially along the middle line. (It rises slightly and looks fab)

E place in oven, low to middle shelf for 60 mins. NB ovens vary enormously when baking esp bread – learn by what comes!

F Remove from oven, tap loaf – it it sounds hollow, it’s done. Wrap in clean teatowel and put on cooling rack – this is where the crust hardens. If no hollow sound, remove from tin and put back upside down on the shelf for another 5-10 mins. Tap for sound 🙂 Wrap in teatowel and put on cooling rack
    (every loaf is different – even loaves within the same batch are different – bake and learn!)

Once cooled, slice and freeze – this turns the carbs into resistant starch NB thin slices work well – better than thicker ones – and makes amazing toast esp avocado but also marmalade …. 😀

400oats/450ml yogurt plus 8tbl seeds will usually make a 1kg loaf
    c230-250 calories per 100g – varies depending on quantities of seeds/nuts/fruit! NB herbs & spices add buckets of flavour but no calories 🙂

Enjoy!

2nd post

@snowflake56 – thank you for posting @michelinme full recipe. This looks easy and AMAZING! I WILL be making this. The tip about freezing it making it starch resistant is brilliant! I have added this to my recipe book. Yay.

@annemarilyn – oooooo just searched for keto bread in mug. I will be trying that one toooo! I’m all about equal opportunity breads.

May all rise up, to whatever the occasion 😉

Thanks to all who wished us well today. The hospital appointment dragged on for about an hour and a half. They are certainly thorough. DH’s blood pressure readings caused some concern as he suffers from “white coat syndrome”, but after re-taking it awhile later it had come down to acceptable levels, thank goodness. I suggested he could take daily readings at home for a week to further reassure them. They said it was a good plan.
    DD in Melbourne is currently at the airport meeting up with her boyfriend, left behind in the UK when she emigrated at Christmas…so great excitement there. They will spend about 10 days together at an airbnb in the city. He is trying to get a resident-visa himself….but it’s far from easy, as he is about 5 points short at the moment.
    @at: Good to hear from you. Hosting the forum is not as onerous as I feared it might be. Everybody just gets on with it anyway. I’m quite enjoying being “mother-hen” for the month! I can’t say I’m any closer to getting back on the wagon, however…ha…ha!

Day 19, Japan, FD

Very quick check-in.
    Finally getting warmer! Hope everyone is having a good day!

Day 19 – Japan – WFD #30

Actually about 1/3 through the fast. I did a 6k run, otherwise just working and fasting.

@shelliz since you only drank 24 calories of broth, that is basically a water fast. Even black coffee has a few calories in it if one wants to be picky. For most people less than 30 calories in a day isn’t going to really break a fast.

Day 18- Ohio fd800

Changing my fd’s to 800 to see if a couple issues rearing back up from younger age. No, not eating issues. Luckily, I never really had those. Couldn’t see doc and got nurse, whose answer to everything is it’s nothing. Actually she said I should try to lose weight. My weight there was the same as I’m reading at home. I’ve heard others complain about her and it’s rare to see the doc anymore so I probably should change groups. It’s just files that keep me there. Not all are on computer and last time I left there, the files never got sent. But, the doctors associated with them are not there (retired or left group AND area) so not much good anymore.
    But, with bad comes some surprising good too. Which is why I am sticking with it. Still noticing small changes to the good with my depression, but also noticing less tingling in my hands some days. That all the doctors said would never change. Gone, nope. But I’m showing less swelling in my hands.
    One more hour until the gnawing stomach will get fed. Tofu, peas, two baby potatoes, and spinach salad then. Already had the oatmeal earlier at work and it did nothing to make the hungry go away. Luckily, all I have is a twenty. The vending machines don’t accept above fives. And I wouldn’t need all those quarters pulling at my work slacks.

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Swerved pizza yesterday so successfully joined the Day 18 fasters. It’s day 1 of the 4 day Easter break and weather is already fab, birdies singing their little lungs out, flowers and blossoms blooming, cows lowing in nearby fields….Spring is back.

Super busy day ahead, DH and I currently sipping coffee whilst on our iPads, but in another few minutes it’s going to be all go. M

Have a great Good Friday everyone. There are Easter Eggs waiting…..ooooohheerrr 😉

Day 19 Bristol, UK FD

Today is my third and final FD this month. I ate some things yesterday which although not really that bad calorie-wise, made me have terrible indigestion all night and a bad tummy now, so I’ll have to think about what the problem item(s) are.

@ Snowflake56 – it’s a good idea to check progress with clothes and mirror, but I’m not observant enough to be able to tell! I will weigh again tomorrow and see if I’ve actually lost then.

@rabbette – thank you for the encouragement – it all helps!

@hieiren – Well done for sticking to the plan. It’s great to see positive changes other than weight loss that can keep you going.

Have a great Easter break everyone! The weather here is amazing – up to 25, hotter than anywhere else in Europe apparently!

Day 19 Wales NFD

Happy Easter All xx
    Two bits of good news. Woofits tumour appears to be reducing again and as of this morning my BMI is 29.8 so no longer in the obese category now just overweight,lol.
    Busy days planned today and tomorrow as working Easter Sunday and BH Monday. At least back on day shift 🙂

Have a lovely weekend xx

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

A beautiful, warm, spring day today….and no deliveries for me! I’ve already taken the dog for two long walks, one in the recreation fields and one in the lovely spring woodland.
    @missybear: Good for you just keeping on in the background. Every success to you!
    @russetfox: So glad to hear your Woofit’s tumour is getting smaller, AND you’re making really good progress by getting away from the dreaded “obese” label!
    @annemarilyn: Good effort fasting for three days non-stop…just…WOW!

Well Good Friday today, so off to church this afternoon for a solemn Mass.Have a rewarding day everyone and see you later x

USA Day 19 FD

Going for another 5:2 FD of 500 calories today, as I had wine last night…a no no for me! Need to undo any damage done! Going for a walk shortly, as we are going to have rain here all the way through Monday! Oh, well! It is warm, though!

I don’t see a pocket list, so I will start one in case someone wants to join me. I do realize it is Easter/Passover, so people may be celebrating!

Day 19 Pocket List
    @ccco

Have a great day/weekend! 🙂

Day 19 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Managed pretty good control the last couple days. Trying to do a 16-8 window of fasting/eating. It just seems easier to do that here at DD’s house.

Off for a pedicure shortly. Sure is nice enjoying spring here in Utah after the coldest winter on record back in Illinois!

Onward and downward.

Day 19- Atlanta, Ga.-USA FD

Going to hang out with my family to celebrate a birthday today. Not going to indulge though. I fell off the wagon yesterday, so I’m going to try, not try I am going to make sure that I stick to the plan today. Weighed myself today, and I’m down a pound. So super excited about that. Also, I’ve been working out regularly too. So I’m looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish in the final days of the month. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Day 19, VA, USA, NFD

Yay, I made my 1st goal which was 108hr fast. The 108 is an auspicious number for yoga folks. I just thought it was a good number to beat my last fast which ended at 95 hours.

It feels amazing outside – We are scheduled to have some fierce thunderstorms come through. I want to plant things, but I’m sure they would be all blown over or just get beat up by the storm. Instead I’ll transplant some plants in the house.

@hieiren – its nice to observe issues that sneak back up with maybe a wiser eye watching.

@daffodil2010 – Good For YOU! Yay I’m proud of you, cheers! You are now wearing the big W (willpower) on your shirt.

@stephsie – sometimes is not what you ate , but things you ate together… and/or if you ate them near bedtime.

@russetfox – oooooo welcome to the club! My BMI had finally made it under 30 nearish the middle of march (I had not even know I was considered obese) before that O_o Good Job!

@ciren2 – I do miss that a little doggie would make me go for a walk. Glad you got two long walks!

@ccco – I know all about the spirits mmmmmm. No worries – you got this!

@songbirdme – control days are coming along better for me than when I first started. I was HW (hog wild) on NFD ha… I commend you on the 16-8 I totally can-not do that one. I can have a WFD but 16-8 woops my butt.

@therealwil78 – Yay a pound down 🙂 I’m always excited a pound down (rather than up 😉

Cheers to all our accomplishments, good and bad they still lead us to better knowing ourselves, and overall becoming better.

Day 19 Pocket List
    @ccco
    @stephsie
    @shelliz
    @dykask
    @therealwil78

Good luck today’s fasters.

Day 14 Canton OH Fast 800

Another day of feeling cold, but cravings are gone. I was able to resist Pizza yesterday without feeling deprived.

Like @at I am lurking and not contributing as much as I would like. I also need to catch up on posts, which I fully intend to do over the weekend.
    @russetfox congrats! That is definitely worth celebrating – woohoo!
    @dykask a fasting article I read recently set the calorie limits for fasting at 50 and below. Would you agree with that?
    Finally, I would like to echo @Rabette by cheering us all on accomplishments great and small, let’s all be kind to ourselves and have a great weekend.
    Cheers!!!

Day 19 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Actually it may end up being a 5:2 type of FD somewhere between 500-800 because I’m not planning to eat until hungry. So far just coffee and water. Enjoyed eating 2 meals yesterday and ate just a little too much. I usually am getting better at stopping when satisfied; yesterday I went a little more to uncomfortable. So I think I’ll do OMAD today and tomorrow; helping be more ready leading up to feasting with my family in Canada on Sunday and Monday. Travels start tomorrow and won’t be home until Wed or Thurs.

@stephsie – another idea is to measure from time to time to see if your body is changing. I know my waist was losing inches even when the scale wasn’t showing a loss.

@rabbette – congrats on your 109 hour fast! It is fun to beat our personal best.

@basyjames – A couple of things I’ve learned from Dr. Jason Fung, include that it depends on what your goal for your fast is on whether it breaks the fast or not. If your goal is autophagy, then any actual food would stop it, especially protein. So on certain fasting days I don’t even put in ACV because it has a smidge of protein. If I’m going for autophagy I keep it to clear water, maybe a little lime or lemon, just the slices are best, black coffee or herbal teas. If straight weight loss is the goal, then a little cream in coffee or up to a cup of bone broth in a day, won’t stop that fast.

Easter blessings everyone!

Day 19 UK FD!

Yesterday’s FD segued into a NFD with the help of a whole packet of vegan sausages! Weighed & measured today and same as previously – dead on 65kg and fat suit stable while feeling thinner.

Today I wore a long summery skirt which now fits me better than when i bought it in 1995! Made it into town despite transport issues & complicated journey for 3hr service & managed to resist the hot cross buns – even the gf ones bc eggs! Lovely long leisurely catchup with friend over tea in the park… in lieu of tea we had late lunch of warm grilled aubergine & mushroom salad plus fries…icely topped off with a clementine on the way home.

Tomorrow will have a bit of baking for community breakfast v early on Sunday, but otherwise gentle day of rest, reflection and restoration – YAY!

Day 20, Japan, NFD

Yesterday was a nice FD. I found 100 kcal chicken curry and 150 kcal rice sold in the supermarket and they tasted good. Maybe stick to that combination when I have no time to make lunch.

So much going on recently…mainly good things but keep me exhausted every single day. We don’t have Easter break here in Japan, but we do have Golden Week which is a couple of holidays at the beginning of May. Five days left until my long vacation to Italy! Can’t wait.

So black coffee and broth can be counted as water fasting? I’m also curious if there is this kind of rules like, under 50 kcal then WFD, if between 50 and 500 then LFD…etc.

Happy Easter everyone! Or happy weekend!

Day 20, UK, NFD

@snowflake56 you are so kind to think of me 🤗
    I’m still plateauing *nods* , and I am having a rough month with some stressful news regarding my mum’s health, so I’m not doing too bad considering.
    But I feel down and I find it a bit difficult to contribute to this forum because I fear I might end up just moaning 😮 lol . Anyway, this, like everything else, shall pass too 🙂 and I will be more active and catch up on all posts properly.
    But just wanted to post for accountability.

Have a good weekend and Happy Easter to all of you lovely people 🐇 ❤

Day 19- Ohio nfd
    Yesterday’s fd had me hungry all night but I just crawled into bed after work and slept it off. Then woke up and wasn’t very hungry for a couple hours. Didn’t actually get hungry until I reread the Mango Curry recipe from Thug Kitchen cookbook. Made it and am fighting going back for more because it was so good. It wasn’t originally in plan to make, plus I added veggies to it beyond the called for ones, and I am hoping to put the remainder as leftovers. I figure it will be cool enough soon to bag up and then I can just enjoy that there will be more over the next couple weeks! My kids aren’t into curry still. But, my youngest keeps peeking if I make it until offering a bite. Says it looks too weird, even as takeout. She’s my most adventurous eater.
    My Easter weekend is ending up being me, the oldest, and the airheads+miss large and in charge. So, lots of metal and rock music on the record player this weekend. And loads of recleaning pots because of me FINALLY doing some meal prepping for work.
    Silly question for this coming weekend: anyone think of easy meals that don’t require refrigeration at all over a couple days? I’m working an anime convention cooking for the rest of staff and guests (panel people and certain vendors) and I honestly just don’t see interest in most of the options. They made a vegetarian option for some, but nope. Ok, I DO plan on making the rice and peanut butter thing again that everyone else after tried and said tasted pretty good. There isn’t room otherwise though to store food for me in the hotel fridge. I got a text from someone to make it for them this year. I already know I won’t be fasting because there will be alcohol for staff (except my oldest who is under 21 still). Another reason why I need to make sure to eat.
    @rabbette congrats on the making your goal.
    @michelinme wow on fitting the skirt. That salad sounded really good.

Day 20 – Japan – NFD

No problem with my water fast day. However I’m sometimes experience more hunger late in the day than in the past. It isn’t extreme, but it is there. By the next morning it is gone. When I used calorie restriction the hunger was worse even after I had just eaten.

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Just calling in quickly before work, so I’ll be back later.
    @shinything: I’m so sorry that you are struggling at the moment and your mum is not well. Sending you hugs and best wishes xx

Day 20 UK, NFD

Weighed today after third fast day this week and I am up 3 pounds! I have lost an average of 2 pounds a week since I started this, so it’s like being up 5 pounds really. I know that I haven’t eaten another 10500 calories this week to account for putting 3 pounds on, so I know there is something else behind it, such as water retention, but it still feels horrible and I feel quite discouraged. Still, it’s that sort of thinking that got me here in the first place, so I will try to persevere..

I have a nice day lined up – I’m going for a float in a flotation tank, then to an exhibition of some da Vinci drawings, then I was going to have lovely lunch (but that does feel a little spoiled now), some relaxing work in my garden this afternoon and then a classical concert tonight. Plus two lovely long walks with my lovely little dogs. I will just try to focus on all the good things and forget about all the horrible stress coming up next week and enjoy myself.

@russetfox – such good news! Well done to you, that’s great to be in that category, and I am so pleased to hear about Shay.

@rabbette – Wow! What an amazing fast! Well done.

@shinything – I am so sorry that things are difficult for you at this time. I hope they settle soon and that you get some better news with regards to your mother’s health x

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Trojan work done yesterday, and another busy day today but empowering to get all these things done. Weather is lovely too. It’s a great Easter weekend. I did have wine last night but weight remains stable. The chocolate eggs are waiting though…..dum, dum, dum, dum, dum…..(score from “Jaws”…… Ha ha)

@shinything Thinking of you, hope you get through this ok
    @stephsie perhaps that weight gain might have something to do with the previous day’s indigestion and bad tummy? It will be gone soon I reckon.
    @annemarilyn, have a great trip, enjoy your travels

Day 20 UK CD

Another FD segued into NFD yesterday…. What is it with posting and then eating?! But good choices and good food.

Lovely day today, baking & making, pottering and watching the sparrows bathe in an old water butt lid which I keep filled with clean water… so happy jumping between that and the dirt patch for dirt baths 🙂 I love this fallow in-between day. Everything early ahead of V early night, up at 4am for dawn service. And not too much chocolate – @daffodil2010 you made me LOL with Jaws music 🙂

Tried on my favourite linen dress from last summer and it looks … not so much a dress more a tent. it was always oversized but now I could fit my DD in with me. Despite not losing a single lb in betwen then and now!!! It’s not all about the scales, just saying! I’m going to take a picture and let it go for someone else to enjoy…

@snowflake56 thank you for sharing my bread recipe 🙂 I made it today with vegan (soy) greek yogurt, pumpkin seeds, raisins and spices – a lovely loaf to share at Easter breakfast tomorrow. Partly bc I didn’t eat any hot cross buns so this is my catchup!
    @shinything good to hear from you, but sorry you are having a difficult time and stress with your mum’s health. Well done for not eating your feelings! I hope things ease soon xx
    @hiiren thanks! It was yummy. But not quite filling enough 🙁 Your festival food prep sounds really challening – i’d love to know what you decide to make. Are you happy to share your peanut butter rice recipe please?
    @russetfox congratulations on your milestone!
    @basyjames great to hear from you – and well done swerving the pizza 🙂 Thanks for the reminder about cold & fasts – been so chilly despite the warm weather!
    @ciren2 hope the load wasn’t too heavy…enjoy the BH rest ahead of DH’s operation 🙂

Wishing you all a good weekend, whatever shape it takes x

Very warm today….sunny bank holiday ahead by the looks of it!! Delivering mail is a bit of a trial in hot weather….we don’t have air-con in our vans…of course not! We’re not supposed to leave the windows open either, but….
    @stephsie: what a horrible blow for you after three fast-days, but it just can’t be right. As you say, it’s water retention for some reason. Keep cool about it (if you can) and it’ll probably drop off next week, equally unexpectedly. Equally valid is what @annemarilyn says, about measuring, esp. the waist….the weight doesn’t tell the whole story.

Anyone fasting today? Not me, for sure…..when do I ever….ha…ha..!

Have a lovely Easter everyone xx

Day 20, Emden Germany, NFD

suddenly I find myself in the middle spring cleaning, running up and down the stairs, washing, cleaning windows, hoovering carpets. The weather is great, the hayfever gets better, so everything is fine. Skimmed posts, glad most of you are doing well.

@debster251 missing your posts, hope you’re fine.
    @shinything I’m so sorry you’re going though difficult times. Every morning when I look how the eagles are doing, I think of you. The two eaglets with the caring parents do so well, I realy feel sorry for single one on the Decorah North nest it’s often left alone and it looks so skinny and lonely.
    @michelinme the recipe is too good not to share, will bake a loaf on Monday.

Happy Easter or happy weekend everyone!

Day 20, VA, USA, NFD

Had some realizations last night while enjoying the NFD.

1st I felt less compelled to eat more for supper, usually I want to eat the entire meal that I worked hard on making.

Made awesome labor intensive ZUCCHINI WRAPPED DUMPLINGS (instead of dough for the wrapper) I made these once before and just as good the second go round. I even made these without cabbage, b/c I just didn’t have any, but had PLENTY of other veggies to use in place of them. Such as squash, onion, carrots, celery and radishes. So the filling was still filling and awesome.

2nd I over indulged/ate the little vegan cake in a mug that I made later… meaning I accidentally made a bigger serving than I had intended and yet STILL ate the whole thing. This shows me, I ignored my “I can save some for later trigger”. B/c after I was done, I did feel TOO full. Which is something I don’t usually feel at all. I felt bad at first for doing that, but then I also understood that I learned something.

@annemarilyn – I’ll soon be traveling and have heard that it can be easier to fast while traveling (not sure if that’s an option) but I read that jet lag and just over all sluggishness is less when fasting while traveling. Best of luck on your travels. AND totally agree on the GOALS while fasting. I think I’ll address this in a separate post laster. LOVED the input you shared on autophagy and that is typically why I’m doing my extended fasting.

@michelinme – Ooooo bet you look sharp in that skirt. Keep at it!

@shelliz – Rules! What are the rules… well I think as @annemarilyn put it, it really depends on what you are working toward in your fasting… Will address more on different fasting theories later. (Ps I found a veggie broth 5 calories) mmmmmm you know what I’ll be indulging in tomorrow.

@shinythink – hope your doing better and better (moaning is alright, especially if you realize that you feel like that, I find it’s easier to get over my moaning if I’ve said I feel that way)

@dykask – I notice hunger toward end of day sometimes more than others too. Will have to pay attention now to what I had the day before and see if there is a correlation.

@stephsie – totally feel this one… and it is discouraging but know you are not alone. We have all had this happen, some have it happen more than others, some its because of hormones, water retention, genetics (stress) oh my gosh stress is a big one. Do not dispare we are here for ya. AND remember as @ciren2 says measuring, waist, leg, hip (clothes) can be helpful. The number isn’t the only measuring tool.

Cheers – theres always a sunny day if you find your smile and share it.

Day 20- UK – NFD
    Day 19 – NFD
    Day 18 – CD

Have been travelling and feeling very overdressed for the fab weather here! Staying with my MIL, difficult to check phone etc and eating lots of good food but not really snacking thankfully!
    I will have some chocolate🍫 tomorrow though 🐣

@annemarilyn Yes the Atlas Mountains are in Morocco, North Africa and it is an enormous challenge for me as though I like hill climbing I’ve never cycled mountains and consecutive day cycling but… hopefully I’ll be able for it… I’m renting a road bike there as bringing mine would be too much trouble. I hope that you have a great trip!
    @at and @basyjames it is good to see you back 👍
    @ciren2 I’m glad to hear all went well for your DH…
    @shinything i hope things get better for you.. I too go quiet here when things aren’t going too well but actually just remember that the support here will help you through the tough times.👍
    @russetfox that is fabulous news on Shay! 🐶
    @stephsie – I’m sure it is just a delay and that you’ll notice a drop soon! It’s so frustrating though when you don’t see the loss straight away.
    Well done to everyone else fasting today and wishing you all a very happy Easter for tomorrow 🐣.. it looks like it will be another glorious day here ☀️☀️☀️

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.