Anyone had success with 5:2 that has ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Anyone had success with 5:2 that has ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’m about to start 5:2. I’m 4.5 stone overweight and desperate to get back to a healthy weight. Even when I was a normal weight my energy levels were very poor.They are much worse now and I’m now very inactive and get exhausted very easily.

Has anyone successfully managed to lose weight with this condition?

I’d be grateful to hear your experiences.

Are there any contraindications following this diet with this condition?

Hi Purple Penguin,
    I have ME/CFS. Inactivity etc meant that I put on a lot of weight (20 kg) and a combination of no sugar and 5:2 mean I am now at the lower end of my healthy weight range (I’ve lost over 30kg). I keep doing 5:2 for maintenance.

The day I started 5:2 was SO SCARY. I am sure you understand the fear of doing something that actually makes things worse and then takes months of recovery. But at the end of my first fast day I felt wonderfully light and clear headed and knew it suited me really well.

5:2 hasn’t helped with ME/CFS per se, but being a healthy weight has certainly helped with managing my symptoms and managing life. I couldn’t recommend it more highly!

You might like to read through this thread and see other people’s experiences: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

I started slowly and carefully and was closer to 800 calories a day, but now I have cuppas through a fast day, and a big bowl of miso soup, with veggies in it, in the evening and that suits me well.

Happy to answer any questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.