5ft 2 with 14 pounds to lose. Anybody want to join me for 10 week challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5ft 2 with 14 pounds to lose. Anybody want to join me for 10 week challenge

This topic contains 243 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Pollypenny 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 244 total)

• Thanks mylast. I have only done WW but totally agree that this one seems like one that fits and makes sense and even though the fast days are challenging it’s over all worth it !!

I have another 2 dinner parties this Friday and Sat. So will be tough but even holding steady end then loosing in the long run is a good goal. The fast days still feel hard for me but will keep at it even if not perfect.

Beeps,

I Want to encourage you, me and all of us to watch words like “bad” it’s such a negative word and all about not being good and punishment etc. you made choice to eat and enjoy. Guilt or saying we were bad is to ourselves is bring so hard on ourselves.

Mylast is right. We all have ups and downs and each day a new on this journey of weightloss healing etc. and such a great community.

Beeps you are here and we are all here supporting each other. Life is full of challenges and can knock us down and then we get up again. Choosing to eat one day will not negate all the work you are doing ! You are ok and here !! One day at a time.

Sorry don’t mean to be on a soap box just want to look at a more loving way to do this !! 🙂

Hi this is my 3rd day and had 850 calories walked 2km and 1lt water Last night slept like a Log! I apppreciate your posts it gives me hope. Its rather difficult with making food and cakes and savoury pies for the other half and not eat any! But I am desperate to lose this weight, so I shall persevere! Good luck to you all.

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome. So have survived day one of 500 cals and it was OK! I don’t think I could hold off and save the cals for one meal, so had 120 cals breakfast, bran flakes and milk, then salad with egg and lots of seasoning for lunch was 120 cals. Tea was salad, small amount of cous cous and chicken breast, was delicious! Would love to hear what others eat on 500 cal days. ☺

Hi TracyS I am on day 4 today. I started with fast day 1 was easy and I has 2 cups of Tea no milk no sugar 1 slice of dark full wheat bread small egg for breakfast. Walked 2km drank 2 07:41:37 water 1 cup coffee no milk no sugar. Usually I have 2 sugars but as I am so bloated I want to cut out sugar for a while. Then evening I had 2 home made pies (small) and 270gm steamed cabbage (which I love) I was so ful I could not eat nothing else and all together it was 398 calories. Strongs to you !

Welcome all the newbies. I love reading your stories.

Simply – you are absolutely right – we do need to be kind to ourselves.
    My mother says that to me. I am 1 year out of a mentally abusive marriage (25 years) and going through a horrible divorce. So 14 pounds to much weight is a challenge I can meet ?

My starting weight 30th September was 141 (weight watchers)
    7th Oct 139. (WW)
    14th Oct 139. (WW) Started 5:2
    21st Oct Week 1 weigh 136. (-5 pounds in total)

28th Oct Week 2 weigh 136 stayed the same ? (-5 lbs total loss)
    4th Nov week 3 weigh 135 (total loss 6 lbs) only 1 lb loss this week but that’s no surprise – wedding, entertaining and meals out.

11th Nov week 4
    18th Nov week 5
    25th Nov week 6
    2nd Dec week 7
    9th Dec week 8
    15th Dec week 9
    22 Dec Week 10

Hi Mrs Pepperpot!
    You have all my sympathy, as I had some years that. I am so glad that you are working on your body as I know that you are going to feel like a million dollars when you’ve reached your goal.

Hi, I’m 5’1″ and would like to lose around 10 pounds in total. I’d be happy to have lose about 6 pound before christmas. I realise its a little late to do the 10 week challenge but better late that never!!

5’2″ on a good day. More like 5’1 3/4″ ha ha. Weighing in at 127lbs – should be around 115! Going to try to lose about 5 before Christmas. Will be a major challenge considering we are moving 5 states a week before Christmas. Ack!!
    Probably won’t be posting much between now and then – but will def be a lurker.

Officially fasting today for the first time in a while. Was doing “modified” fasts the past few weeks – trying to keep it to 2 meals a day for a few days/week with minimal snacking. Lost a few that way, but feel like I do better with “official” fast days.

FWIW – I did this about year and half ago and lost about 10 lbs. But we moved and I quit fasting – and gradually put it back on.

I think we need to quit moving…. Sorry to ramble.

Good luck to all!

Hi Mrs Jake I only just started too, but am hoping to lose about the same as you by Xmas. My first fast day went well. I think keeping busy is key! Have eaten normally today and feel quite full now! 500 cals tomorrow, hopefully it will go ok.
    Good luck everyone

Just completed my first fast day. Weighed myself this morning at 56kg. I must confess I´m starving and my boyfriend was eating chocolate next to me and I resisted the temptation. Chocolate is what got me in this position! LOL
    Now if I could just get to sleep without raiding the kitchen….

I´ve realised that we are all around the same height xd 5´2. Such an annoying height cos as soon as you put on a little bit of weight its like oh hello kim kardashian ass =)

Ha ha yes pennylane, you are right, its like do i accept i’m in my 40’s so should I be happy at 10 stone, but no cos of height you know you’ll end up looking dumpy! Sorry to hear you found the first fast day hard, maybe look at what you had and try something different next time. And remember its only a day and enjoy tomorrow ☺

I am finishing my first fast day of the week, the second will be on Sunday. Today was the best day I have had so far! I ate 2 eggs with half an English muffin at about 2 this afternoon and then I had a salad with salmon at 6. I wasn’t horribly hungry. I do get headaches every time I fast though. I plan to weigh in on Monday. I enjoy reading everyone’s posts. I am American and love hearing about tea and stones to lose!!!

Good Morning Day 5 and tomorrow is a fast day. I shall attempt Sunday as a fast day as well. Sunday is also my weigh in days so please keep your fingers crossed for me. I feel a bit less bloated allready. You all are shorties but believe me its just as hard for us tallies to shed weight and we feel just the Same when overweight. Good luck to you all and remember to drink water!

Good morning ladies. How are you all doing?
    I have been super focuses this week.
    I am out this evening for dinner and a west end show.

I am hoping that I can get through the weekend without too much damage as I do well all week only to sabotage it Saturday and Sunday.

Keep posting and keep up the good work
    Good luck xx

Hi MrsPepperpot and everyone, I know how you feel, had a really good first week, lost 3lbs ☺ but 4 days of normal eating now and don’t want to just pile it back on, so going to try to stick to my daily limit and hope it all works out, enjoy your show and dinner, the joy of this diet is you should be able to enjoy it pretty much guilt free. I guess we all have to remember not to go overboard though!
    Have a great weekend everyone. Don’t know about the rest of you but the weather is dreadful, wet and windy, where I am, and I find that seems to make me want to eat more!

Hello all! I’ve been lurking in this thread for weeks but haven’t made myself known, so I figured it was time I introduced myself. I’m 21 years old, 162 cm (just under 5ft4) and started fasting 22/10 at a weight of 63.9 kg. Now, three weeks later, I’ve lost exactly 2 kg and am under the 62 kg mark for the first time in two years.

I would love to end up somewhere under 60 kg as I haven’t weighed that little since I was 15 and started gaining weight more rapidly. I have quite a large frame so I’m not entirely sure what weight would suit me the best, but I’m aiming towards somewhere between 57 and 59 kilos. My goal for these next seven weeks is to just blast through the 60 kg mark though!

Hi everybody, reading that you all are happy and full of courage will get me through this weekend. Today is my 7th day and a Fast Day. I started 1 Nov with a fast day. Through the week I stayed under the amount of calories allowed for normal eating. Monday to friday used 978, 865, 1102, 867 and 1276 dayly. Today and tomorrow I shall stay under 500. I drink 1-2 iter water every day and walk 2kilometers.
    Tomorrow is weigh day.
    I feel a bit less bloated but it does not feel as though I have lost anything and If anybody can give some advise, I shall appreciate very much. Good luck to all.

I would love to join you! Need some support to keep at it! i’m 5ft8 and would like to lose 6 to 7 pounds. It doesnt sound like a lot but i have been trying for three years and I cant seem to do it. Im super active, eat well most of the time…maybe its my age – im 45 and perhaps its just getting tougher to lose. I worry about menopause and potential weight gain from it so want to lose the excess now. Thanks for any support! I plan on starting Monday then Wednesday! Anyone else having a fasting day on monday?

HinPenny
    Ane – im 5ft 8 and any weight i put on goes straight to my butt! If that makes you feel any better? 🙂

well I weighed myself the day after my fast and I was up from 56´1 to 56´2. I went to bed starving and go no reward from the scale. Bit frustrating, dont know whether to carry on or try a different approach

Hi Pennylane.
    Please do not give up. Keep at it for another 8 days. Its only a week and maybe you will have a nice surprise at the end of it.

I incorporate a lot of broccoli, cabbage, salad, green beans, cauliflower and onion through the week as a nutritionist told me that they are fat burners and Very low in Calories. Steamed or stirfried.

Today is my 8th and weight day. I am 2Kg down and assume that’s mostly water. But I am quite hungry and will attempt another fast day today.

I feel very good about the 2Kg but as its the first week I can just Hope to at least be the same weight next Sunday!

Courage to you all!!

Hi Rplant I am 64 my weight was 77kg on 1 Nov. Have to go down to 68 which is perfect for my hight 5′ 9 and a half. With every year I age its more difficult to shed and easier to gain. I do hope to hear a lot about you and how you are doing.

Hi everyone,
    This seems to be the group for shorties 🙂

Can I please join? I am 5 foot 1 and want to lose 13-14lbs. I did the 5:2 in April but stopped in July and yes, you guessed it, have put all the weight back on (and a couple more pounds to add insult to injury).

Because I have done this before, I can tell you that it really does work. I lost 10lbs with what I would say is relative ease. I started to feel amazing and was starting to like what I saw in the mirror.

I will be fasting on a Monday and then will be flexible with the second day but it will be Wednesday or Thursday. I will weigh on Friday’s.

I get married in 7 months so I have an added incentive to want to loose weight and get fit.

Good luck everyone xxx

Hi I’m also 5ft 2 and a bit and weigh 10st 7lbs. Would love to get down to just under 9 stone again. I have always been around this weight but have piled on the pounds over the last 4 years, I did do this diet earlier this year and lost a lot of weight for my holiday back in June. However since then I have lost motivation and would love to hear how everyone else is doing. Will start my first fast day tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Welcome Emma and Jan there is mostly Short People here baut we tallies also. Hope that you will loose all you need to and then join the Maintenance team via Home and stay slim.

I found this Diet on 1 November and joined immediately. I keep Written diary on all I eat and drink.

Good luck to you.

I had fast day on Saturday. It went So well. Sunday 2nd Fast day was a disaster I used 850 calories in stead of only 500. This morning my weight was the same so I shall attempt another Fast day on Wednesday.

Hi Everyone
    Today is officially my first day of 5:2, a fasting day. I haven’t had the guts to weigh myself because I knew it would be dire, but I thought better to know the truth and be empowered to change. So for me it was a bit dire: 143.6. Ugh. My goal is 10 pounds by the end of the year (8 weeks). That is less than one pound per week, which should be do-able. I guess I feel like my strength is that I do quite a bit of exercise. I will post weight every Monday publically…otherwise I feel as though I will let it go.
    Many thanks to all of you who are part of this group – I find a lot of motivation by reading your posts and hope to be active here until the end of the year. Amazing some of your personal stories, thanks for sharing.

Have you done 4:3? What are your thoughts on that? I’m thinking of trying it (just started 5:2 today!). Would love to hear comments on it. thanks

Hi everyone

I too am 5ft 2ins – I started last week and have lost 1lb – but been away for the weekend – so actually quite pleased with myself. I have crept up to 11 stone over the last few years and can’t seem to shift it – I did well once with a protein based diet – the lbs just fell off me – but also came back! I feel I need to find a way to lose the weight and be able to keep it off – so fingers crossed – fast days for me are today and Thursday. Something I like to make are little oatbran pancakes – I make about 4 small ones and have them with coffee/tea throughout the day then an evening meal – usually a 3 egg omelette (plain) with broccoli.

Here’s the pancake recipe in case anyone wants to try it:

These keep well in the fridge, wrapped in clingfilm and can be frozen. I usually make twice the amount in 1 go and have them ready for both fast days.

One portion is:

Ingredients
    1 1/2 tablespoons of Oat Bran (widely available in healthfood shops)
    1 1/2 tablespoons of non-fat fromage frais or quark
    1 egg
    You can add some Splenda if you prefer a bit of sweetness – I do! – just a teaspoon is enough.

Directions

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and pour approx. a dessertspoonful on to a non stick pan that has been greased beforehand with a few drops of oil on kitchen paper. Makes 4 small pancakes.

Cook for 2-3 minutes each side. I cook 4 at once.

Approx 130 calories for 4.

Love reading all your posts – we can do it together!!

Have a good day everyone!

Hi everybody,

I’m new to the group. I’ve done fasting in the past and found it quite manageable and great for steady weight loss, but stopped for a few weeks and have put lots of weight back on! I now need to get back on the wagon and stay on it for good.

I’m a bit bigger than most of you (5ft 5in and 158 lbs. I’m looking to be 129-134 sometime next year, so I’ve got about 2 stone to lose!

It’s my first fast today and I’m having porridge for lunch.

I’m hoping you guys might help with keeping me going with this as I know it’s going to take me 3-6 months to shift everything I want to and I really really want to get down there for the first time since I was 15 years old!

Hope everyone’s having a good day!

Hi Jessye
    Today is my first day as well…I’ve got 10 pounds to lose, which I would like to do in the next 8 weeks. I too had porridge for lunch, and am wondering about the rest of the day. Think I am going to have veggie soup and some seafood for dinner. Me too, I’m sick of carrying the 10 pounds around me (it’s been about 3-4 years that I’ve tried – not hard enough – to get rid of them) and have decided this is it! So I’m totally committed for the rest of November and December to give it a great shot. Here’s hoping! I think being part of this community will help. I have never openly discussed weight loss and am really relieved to. Have a great day!

Good evening to all, as yesterday should have been a fast day and turned out to be a disaster, I made today a Fast day and it went very well. I feel good also walked 2Km and had only 1 liter of water.
    I feel a lot less bloated.

Jessye welcome, I am also a lot taller, 5′ 9.5. Good luck to you.

Hi everyone, it’s great reading all your posts, keep going!

I have to confess, last week I only managed one fast day, and the week before I didn’t do any! That week I went out twice and went away for the weekend, so lost £s rather than lbs!

I accidentally fasted today, I got up late and wasn’t hungry so didn’t eat breakfast, then just when I was thinking about lunch I got a phone call to unexpectedly go in to work this afternoon. I didn’t have time for lunch, so I thought I would take advantage and make it a fast day.

I have eaten: 2 tic tacs, a veggie burger, sweetcorn, hummus, 2 cups of tea.

The trickiest part of the day is still to come, namely sitting watching tv in the evening……

Hi HelenR am at the worst time of a Fast day, mine also Happened and all went well. Now I am watching Tv and a bit hungry but I won’t let it get me down. Program ends in 30 min then to bed. Can look forward to Tuesday which Will be a Regular.

I do believe that this is the best way to get rid of the excess and I won’t let a bit of hunger get me down!!

Sleep tight!! Good luck to all!

Hi to all the new people, lovely hearing from everyone, and I find it really motivating. Am one week in and lost 3lb after my fast days, had gone up by 1lb again after 3 normal eating days, do others find this? Would others suggest weighing just once a week? A fast day tomorrow, my menu plan is small cereal portion, lunch of salad with an egg, tea will be some slow cooked seasoned pork, just need to decide what to have it with, more salad or veg curry. ☺

Hi Tracey and welcome:

A standard question that is answered in the ‘Warnings’ link in this thread:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

I’m 165cm with 8.5kg to loose (Im a brit living in germany hence the metric system… i estimate 5ft 5/6 with 1 1/2 st to loose) Soooo its 10 weeks till my birthday so definitely feeling this challenge and goal! Started my first fast day friday and had my second today felt so positive as i did really well both days on the calorie counting but struggling to sleep now with hunger pains and a headache and desperately need to share with you guys as you are so supportive! :/

Wannabedancer I have a hard time sleeping as well and also get headaches. Someone mentioned adding some salt and that has helped a bit. I have found that if I wait to eat until I just can’t handle it anymore and then eat again 3-4 hours later I don’t get bad headaches.

Thanks for listening in the first place it helps a lot, ive reached my 500 cal limit so i think the physiological knowledge of waiting till tomorrow to eat is taking effect too! Just concentrating on succes stories to distract!

Hi everyone. Welcome to all the newbies. ??

How are you all doing?
    I attempted a fast day yesterday. Not as successful as I had hoped but not completely sabotaged.
    I will try again today.
    I definitely have a tendency to over indulge at weekends so must try to be more mindful next week.
    Weigh in on Thursday. ??
    On my fast days I have porridge with water at lunch time followed by a low calorie ready meal and green salad for evening meal. I am also trying to drink more water.

Love reading your stories. Keep going xx

Hi everyone,

My first day back on fasting went fine, apart from my housemate asking me if I was on ‘starvation today’.

Got up this morning not hungry and tried an ‘Insanity’ work out, the idea is that I’ll do one every day that I’m not fasting, but getting up early is not so easy for me.

Anyone else combining 5:2 with an exercise program?

Good luck anyone fasting today x

Please can I join you? 🙂

I started 5:2 last Wednesday after meeting a friend on Tuesday night who had lost a stone in 4 months and looked amazing. It was not just the weight loss, she seemed to glow with health too.

I am 48 years old and 5’5″ (I used to be 5’6″ but seem to have shrunk!!!) and on Wednesday morning I was 144.5 lbs. Until I had my son I was always 126 lbs, and while I would love to be that weight again I would be happy to lose 10 lbs. My son turns 18 in January so that is my target for losing the ‘baby weight’.

I have been trying to lose weight since the summer, along with my husband. He has lost over a stone by just reducing what he eats, whereas I have only lost about 4 lbs. It is all down to willpower (or lack of…) and I seem to have a self destruct button that says EAT, YOU DESERVE IT, when I really should be saying BE HEALTHY, YOU DESERVE IT.

We always record our weight on a Monday morning and this Monday I was 141.5 after 2 fast days, I am so chuffed with that and really hope that this way of eating will combat my demonic little voices.

I am so inspired by all your stories and reassured that we are all human and doing our best. Good luck to you all and I hope to share your journeys.

BTW I watched the Horizon programme on BBC iPlayer last night and it was really motivating. So much so that I decided I needed to change my thinking about the fast days, rather than calling them fast days I shall now call them heal days, as that is what I am doing for my body – hopefully. x

Sure. This will help. I was doing okay on the 5:2 last Fall, but then I fell off the rails. The weather was SO cold, and we had so much snow, I just said “screw it, I’m eating what I want”. Well, Spring came, and Summer, and here it is Fall again, and I am pretty much back to square one.

I need someone else to help motivate me.
    I am also 5’2″, and I need to lose more than 14 lbs, but I would be ecstatic at 14! It should be doable in 10 weeks, even with Thanksgiving (US) and Christmas in the way. Of course, you have 3 weeks head start on me!

The main thing is, if I have to “report in” every week, I might be better!
    Here’s to the challenge.

I’m excited about this challenge too. I was doing SO great last week, but with one “binge” night on the weekend (where I was eating everything from kiwis to cheese sticks to skittles), it seems I nearly have to start over! I have fasted 5 times so far and lost a solid pound as of this morning, which really surprised me. I know that 5:2 works, but I need to eat responsibly on my non fast days. I’m hoping to be down again by this Friday. I felt that I needed to write this down and be accountable. I’ll check in later this week and let you all know how I’m doing.

Avalanche, I know this program works… if we follow it, it has to!

Hi Jambala

Thanks for the tip about the Horizon programme – I just watched it and as you say, truly inspiring. I want to be healthy and will thinkof fast days as heal days too – good luck with your challenge – and everyone – we CAN do it! We deserve it! Jx

I’m here in California. What’s the Horizon programme? Is it a certain show online? I assume it’s about fasting?

Hi – it’s a BBC programme in the UK, which covered fasting. What it showed was someone who fasted 5/2 and lost nearly 1 stone over 5 weeks, but also had amazing changes in blood test readings for future heart disease, diabetes and cancer risks. Basically it was showing that fasting can bring big anti-ageing and health benefits – so makes it even more worth trying for me – I’m 60 and often feel it!! Good luck x

Hi mylast:

Google ‘eat fast live longer’ and look for daily motion. You can view it on line.

Sounds like you are new to 5:2 – here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Ah – cool! Thanks you two. I’ll check it out.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply.