5ft 2 with 14 pounds to lose. Anybody want to join me for 10 week challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5ft 2 with 14 pounds to lose. Anybody want to join me for 10 week challenge

This topic contains 243 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Pollypenny 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 244 total)

• Hey simply curious

I also work out 6 times a week! I manage the fasts OK those days but I know i do not have enough water!

i guess evening workouts might be better for fast days compared to morning?

🙂

Hi guys

So it’s my fast day today. I’ve done ok. I may have to go to bed early ??

I have cut my exercise down due to feeling really unwell at my spinning class last week. It scared me a little. So I’m building my confidence back up.

Weight watchers were offering a money back guarantee if you lost 10 lbs in 8 weeks. So I joined 3 weeks ago. I did the diet for 2 weeks but all I could think about was what I was eating next. So I thought I would do the 5:2 but make myself weigh in at ww.
    Week 1 lost 2. Week 2 stayed the same. Week 3 on 5:2 lost 2 so 5 overall. Getting weighed at class makes me accountable. I have to lose the other 5 lbs in 5 weeks to get my money back. I will do it.

I still want to lose another 14 lbs to get where I want to be.

I’m a comfort eater and grazer/picker.

How are you all doing

Hi everyone

Well managed day 1 and I’ve done ok – only water now until I go to bed. I’ve realised that there isn’t much to eat on a 500 calorie day but feeling motivated. BIG MISTAKE was to call in at the supermarket for some shopping – definitely not a good thing to do on a fast day!

I’m going to weigh myself every day to try to keep on track – does anyone else do that?

Thanks for all your replies and encouragement.

Hi Janice

Yes, I weigh every day, have been for the last month just for an experiment. It’s really interesting to see how the weight goes down after a fast day, then up a little, then down again after the 2nd fast until it stabilises – it works out that I’m losing 1-2lb a week.

I find that by knowing exactly what my weight is doing every day, it helps me stay motivated and not panic if it fluctuates.

Helen x

Hi Janice

I also weigh every day.

Hey Newbee1

So far on fast days I have worked out in the evening but I have had to have a few of the calories right before. I have had been able to do my 60 min spin classes. The other day I did 45 on elliptical as oppose to my usual 60 min. I assume that will get easier. What about for you ?

I had my fast day today and did ok but guy 580 Cal instead of 500. I did a pretty hard 60 min spin so am not feeling bad about being over.

I will finally get on the scale tomorrow. It will be post fast day so assume lower than a normal weigh in.

Nice to read everyone’s posts. !

Hi Helen and Mrs Pepperpot

Thanks – I think it’s a good idea to keep me on track. So good news this morning – 2lbs off and I’m going to do my second day today because I’m out and about a bit over the next few days and more difficult to plan things. If I can do 1-3lbs a week I will be very pleased – good to know how its worked for you Helen, thankyou.

14lbs in 10 weeks feels really worth going for!

Have a good day everyone – Janice x

Good morning all,

Its mid morning where I am right now.

Ok I finally weighed this a.m. posy Fast day. I am so pleased! I am sure a lot is water weight and will slow down never the less it will keep me motivated and I have to say reading this posts daily has made a huge difference. I honestly don’t think I could do it without all of your stories, sharing and support.

So I am 5’4 female. Goal is 126 – 128 lbs (giving myself the 4 lb up and down from there)

Started
    Monday Oct 19 (started 1st fast day) – 143 lb
    Tues Oct 11 (post FD 1) – 139.5 1b ( a lot of water weight – with exercise I notice these huge 4 lb daily drop and increase)
    Tues Oct 27 (today post fast day 3) – 135 1b!!

I am thrilled. again I know it will keep shifting and I will not be loosing at this rate but its so hopeful to know its working even if challenging through some of the FB hungry moments.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi all.
    My fast days were yesterday and today. Although I went over both days. And what is annoying is that it’s sugary high calorie things that are gone in a flash that have taken me over. I am cross with myself because I had done the hard work. A moment of weakness and I’m kicking myself. So I will go easy tomorrow and have a strict fast day on friday.
    I will still weigh tomorrow.

Simply our stats are similar
    I am 5 ft 2 my first goal is 127 and ultimate goal is 120 ish

My starting weight 30th September was 141 (weight watchers)
    7th Oct 139. (WW)
    14th Oct 139. (WW) Started 5:2
    21st Oct Week 1 weigh 136. (-5 pounds in total)
    28th Oct Week 2
    4th Nov week 3
    11th Nov week 4
    18th Nov week 5
    25th Nov week 6
    2nd Dec week 7
    9th Dec week 8
    15th Dec week 9
    22 Dec Week 10

Even if I can lose a pound a week until Christmas it will be more than a stone gone in total.
    I’m excited to see my numbers coming down
    Are you all with me ?????
    ????????????

Hi girls,

I have a fast today! I’m also starving already But wanting to hold out eating until around 5pm and 9pm!

I slept really late last night for some reason- was tossing and turning so ended up having oats at 3am which was fine as I just managed to hit my TDEE!

Which means I’ll be fasting until tomorrow 3pm lol will keep myself accountable by checking in tonight before bed 🙂

Thanks for the motivation girls- can’t wait to weigh myself Friday!

This is my second fasting day – first was on Monday. Monday was fine and I wasn’t too hungry yesterday, but I’m struggling a bit already today! Plan to hold off till 7pm and have one meal – did that on Monday and it seemed to work well.
    When do people tend to weigh themselves? I weighed on Monday morning before starting, so should Mondays always be my weigh in days?!
    Thanks!

Hi everyone
    Completed two fasts last week but massively over on the weekend due to too much wine

I’m fasting today and hoping to do my first liquid fast today…. Fingers crossed for me ?

Hi Pam –

most people are weighing in every day or every other day.

I am going to weigh in on Friday mornings i think!

On my 2nd fast for the week!

Good luck on your fast today!

Thanks newbee1! I’m used to the weekly public weigh-in at WW, glad I can now track myself at home as and when I feel like it! 🙂 Hope your fast goes well today too!

Hi Pam, Newbee1 and all

I have my fast days on Mon and Wed and have set my weigh in for after my first FD on Tues am’s so weekly for me. Weekly works better for me but I know some do daily. Find what feels right for you. I worry about getting to focused on weight loss so went for weekly !

MrsPepper I think I did 590 on my fast day this past mon she went over. I know you feel upset with yourself but work on gentle on yourself. You are doing great and making a choice to eat sweets doesn’t negate all the hard work. You are trending down and we are all with you !!

Good luck all !! Just waking up to start my second fast day today. More challenging as I have a gathering tonight with wine and all kinds of food but committed to holding fast !

My starting weight 30th September was 141 (weight watchers)
    7th Oct 139. (WW)
    14th Oct 139. (WW) Started 5:2
    21st Oct Week 1 weigh 136. (-5 pounds in total)

28th Oct Week 2 weigh 136 stayed the same ? (-5 lbs total loss)
    4th Nov week 3
    11th Nov week 4
    18th Nov week 5
    25th Nov week 6
    2nd Dec week 7
    9th Dec week 8
    15th Dec week 9
    22 Dec Week 10

Hi Mrs Pepperpot

Yes we are with you!! – thanks for starting this challenge – everyone’s messages help keep me on track. You are doing so well – we can definitely crack this. I have lost 2 lbs so far and keeping it off – next fast day tomorrow. I’ve realised it’s important to get organised. Have a good day everyone 🙂

I managed to stick to my fast yesterday and am 2lbs down today
    Fasting again tomorrow

Didn’t do well on my fast yesterday so fasting today and tomorrow instead.

Then can’t wait to eat well Saturday!

Good evening everyone.
    The wedding yesterday was fabulous. But seeing the photos today I really need to get going. I don’t want to feel frumpy.
    I will do 4:3 next week to compensate for this week.

How are you all doing?

I had my fast day yesterday and it went pretty well. I haven’t weighed yet but am planning on it monday. My clothes are fitting much better though! I am having the most success holding off eating anything until about 1 in the afternoon and then eating again at about 6. Then I just go to bed early!

My second fast day of the week and its been a water fast all day. This has been the first week that I’ve managed to stick to one let alone two fasts and I’m currently down 2lbs and so feeling good.
    Plan another fast on Sunday as attending a Halloween party tomorrow where the food and drink will be flowing.

Hope everyones having a good week 🙂

Hi everyone! Fasted on Monday and Wednesday and I’m going to try 3 days next week. Noticed that I haven’t been as hungry on non- fast days – but it’s the weekend and anything could happen…! Congrats to everyone for sticking with it and doing so well.

Lovely posts from other people the same height as me. I weighed 139.6 lbs at the end of April and my doctor advised me to lose 14 lbs and so I started 5:2. I recorded everything that I consumed and classified my activity level as Sedentary as I only go for a 30 – 45 minute walk most days. By 27 June I had reached my Goal Weight of 125 lbs and the good news is that by keeping to my TDEE on non fast days and doing one or two fast days each week my weight has levelled out at 115 lbs. I’m not saying it’s easy but it is doable. If I eat too much one day then I cut back the next. The beauty of 5:2 is that no food is forbidden, but I have cut back considerably on sweet items. My only ‘vice’ is crunchy peanut butter – a small jar lasts on average 2-3 days! I still weigh myself every day, but I no longer record calories apart from when I eat a new item and want to know how many are in a portion. Good Luck everyone!

Hi I’m 5’1″ and would like to lose around 10 pounds so yes I’d love to join you. It would be great to have some support. Been yo yo dieting for the past couple of years so need to stick to something that works!

I’m also 5ft 2 and also have about 12lbs I want to lose.
    I’m about to re-start on the 5:2 diet after an illness set me back after my first start in March.
    I’m tired all the time, lack motivation to exercise and crave bread. I also ‘drink’ too many calories.

Fasting scares me a little. Even though I know I can do it.

I would love to join the group.

Tomorrow I will post my starting weight and tomorrow will be my new Day 1.

p.s. my husband is also going to join me on the 5-2 which will make things a little easier I think as he won’t be eating ‘normal’ food in front of me!! He’s 6’1″ and would like to around 7 pounds. Let’s see how we do!

Wow Galexinda, that’s impressive and motivating! I love hearing success stories! I’m just entering my second week – 2lbs down and feeling motivated! Good luck to everyone else, hope we all have good weeks!

I’m 5’2 and looking to lost 15lbs as well.

This week will be my fourth week in. I do the fast on Mondays and Thursday’s. I’m down 8 lbs so far but still need to lose another 15.

I have breakfast at 6:15 am, oatmeal with 1/2 tsp of pure maple syrup and have the same again a minimum of 12 hours later and will sometimes eat an apple for dinner as well so I’m averaging 300-350 calories on my fast day.

Hi all. Did not stick to TDEE on sat. Too much Halloween fun. We will see what the damage was after I weight in Tues. ( my days after Monday fast )

Yes Galexinda. Very inspirational.

Welcome to all new people here. !

My day 1 post. First new start today. Weight 9st 3.5lbs and 28.2% fat.
    Aiming for 8st 7lbs and lower fat percentage. Also aiming to increase fitness, energy and strength.

Now I’ve made all this public I really have to do it.

Well after a good week with a loss of 2lbs, we then had Halloween and drank and ate badly, resulting in me going up from 122.5lb on Saturday, 124 yesterday and weighed in this morn at 125.5…. Not happy at all

I’m feeling pretty discouraged. This is my 3rd week of the diet, which means I’ve done 6 fast days so far. I haven’t cheated at all on the fast days and have eaten healthy on my days off as well. I’ve been doing hiit workouts 3-4 times a week. I lost 3 pounds the first week and haven’t lost any more weight. This is what has happened anytime I get very serious about finally getting back to my regular weight. I tend to lose weight the first week or two and then nothing moves. I am going back to the doctor tomorrow to check my thyroid but it’s hard to work so hard and not see any results.

Becky how much do you need to loose?. I know they say the last 10 lbs can always be tough. Also do you track your calories are non FD to see if you are within TDEE? Maybe that would help.

I know it’s frustrating and good to go to dr and have them check your thyroid. Hang in there.

Beeps be forgiving. It’s a process and each day a new. Making choices to enjoy treats or indulge is part of life and all about balancing on other days to attain or maintain our goals ! I had fun and will see impact tomorrow but trying to not regret the choices made and just stay positive and look firward.

Hang in there!

I track calories about once a week just to make sure I am generally on track. I’ve tracked calories so much in the past though I am pretty good about knowing how much I can eat. I had about 15-20 pounds to lose and I’ve lost 4 so far.

Becky. Congrats on the 4 1bs. Sounds like you have a good sense about it ! And you are making progress !!

Wow so many newbies and posts. ? To you all.

My fast day today.
    Last week was Disastrous!!!! I mean really.
    ?????
    The wedding was Thursday and basically I continued to eat until Sunday.
    I just don’t get it.
    My desire to lose the 14 pounds is huge… Massive.
    And yet….
    My willpower is zero.

Any tips for keeping on track

Hang in there MrsPepperpot! I know it’s a struggle, but keep your eye on the prize! ? I try to take one day at a time rather than looking at all the lbs I need to lose! I also have a pic on my phone of a dress I want to get into for xmas – it can help with inspiration sometimes. Good luck, we can all do this! ??

Hi, I´m new to the page. I´m 5´2 and approx 128 pounds, would like to see 120 then see how it goes from there. I´ve done the 5:2 diet in the past but didn´t stick to it cos I didn´t have any support or friends to motivate me.
    Ideally I´d like a woman in a similar weight as me for a diet buddy to facebook and motivate eachother.
    Recently I´ve been like a human garbage bin just eating everything in sight and I need to get my act together before I put on too much weight. Seriously people have been asking me if I´m expecting!!!!! It´s time to diet

Hi I am 5ft 9.5. With 10 Kg to loose, that’s about 22 pounds. Would like to join a challenge and would like to know how every day goes. Some times we have internet probs.

I, too, would love to join this challenge. I’m 5’6″ and started at 139.3lbs last week. Today is my third fast day. I plan to reach 129lbs, hopefully by January/February. So far the scale says I’ve lost 2 pounds, water weight I’m sure, but it’s still motivating! I’m excited to join this thread and go through this together.

So far, fasting days are a relief and I seem to look forward to them on NFDs.

I’m working out the remnants of post-baby weight (from 2.5 years ago!) 😉

Haha I am also working on losing baby weight only my babies are 26 and 21 ?????

Hi everyone, I am just starting and have found your posts really positive, my first fast day tomorrow, I’m 5’2 1/2″ ( all important half inch) currently 142lbs, hate being over 10 stone so hope this works for me. Would like to lose 8lbs.

Welcome TraceyS! We’re here for you. 🙂 And, yes, that half inch is VERY important!

MrsPepper – I’ve been told that after we have kids, our bodies are never the same! Ha! So true. I just want more than 2 of my work pants to fit (I work in an office, and need to dress business casual). Of course I have several pants just taking up space in my closet, waiting to be worn.

Good morning all, started Sunday 1 Nov with a fast day and had 398 calories 2 liter water & walked 2 km. 64 and gained 8 Kg with stopped smoking last Dec, have to loose 10kg about 22lb as all clothes is bursting off me and feel bloated. Thank you for all your comments it helps a lot as I am Hungry all the time!! I shall weigh only Sundays.

Simplycurious, thanks for your wise words …. I must remember that one Bad day is fine ?

I’m curious, but do any of you sleep so much better the night of your fasting day? I slept like a rock last night (which is not normal for me) and I’m loving it! If I had known that I would sleep so well doing this, I would have started this years ago.

Also, I have found this “lifestyle diet” to be the easiest type of weight loss program I’ve ever tried thus far. Sure, it’s not easy by 3pm on a fasting day, but the knowledge that it’s only 2 days a week makes all the difference. I used to be on Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach, etc. and I always felt like it was so much work. Anyway, hopefully I’ll stick to this and reach my goal, and then maintain.

Beeps – it’s normal to have ups and downs in a week’s time. No worries. Just start again! That’s my favorite thing about this. If you mess up, you can start over the next day.

Hi all.

So after a happy Halloween and too much good food and another party this weekend I was a bit worries.

Yesterday was my fast day and I made the mistake of donating blood and Exercising I was very dizzy and Hungry so I Ate 850 in my fast day. Being gentle and forgiving.

Today was weigh day and held at 135 from last Tuesday so am glad. Still down 8 lbs in week three so ok !!

Have been hungry all day today on non FD day but trying not to go over board and eat too much.

Welcome to all the new people !!

Simplycurious! 8 pounds in three weeks!? That’s really great. Wow – good for you!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply.