5ft 2 with 14 pounds to lose. Anybody want to join me for 10 week challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5ft 2 with 14 pounds to lose. Anybody want to join me for 10 week challenge

This topic contains 243 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Pollypenny 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 244 total)

• Hi. I have completed my first fast day today. I am going to be posting here every day. Does anyone want to join me? We can motivate each other.

I’m on 10 week program too!
    I’m 5’1.5 and my goal is to lose about 13-15 pounds by the new year
    I started yesterday and today was my first fast, went really well for me so far.
    How was your fast?

Hey, im 5ft 1 and i wanna lose 14 lbs too!

I just started the diet today so its perfect for me! Be good to have some support from others too. !

What do you eat on your fast days?

Hi, I’d love to join in as I started in January and lost 17lbs, then didn’t do the diet over the summer and, of course, put weight back on. So I’ve started again but would love another kick up the butt to get me to Christmas.

I’m 4″ 11 with 16lbs to loose and started again today

Would love to join you all ?

I would love to join you…I am 5’4″ with about 8-10 lbs to lose…today is my first fast day. Iam using livestrong calorie to track my intake. I planned out my meals last night…in some ways just to see how much food I can really eat. I will be using home-made bone broth as it is very nutrient dense with few calories. I am feeling pretty excited, and curious to see how this whole thing goes. I plan to utilize the 4:3 but will be satisfied if I can manage 5:2.

Nearly completed todays fast and skipped breakfast and had 2 satsumas for lunch and then had a work meeting serving afternoon tea……not great, but I managed to get them to make me a fruit salad instead and during the day have had lots of herbal teas……….just need to get through the next couple of hours

Hi all,

I just started yesterday as well. Am 5’4″ and need to loose about 15 lbs as well. I am struggling with day 2 and eating normally and worried as I feel like I am tracking like a diet as opposed to eating normally…and of course still skeptical it will work. Good to see you all here and reading your stories as well.

Hi I am 5’3 with 14 lbs to go. I really need inspiration. My fast days will have to be wedandthursthis week. I messed-up today!!!! I really need ideas for meal times:-) I would love to join in the 10week challenge:-)

Hi Simply:

Still Skeptical? It has to work – if you do it.

The only way to lose weight is to eat less than you need. Eating to your TDEE for five days means 0 loss or gain, but eating less than your TDEE for two causes the calorie deficit needed to lose. If you have been gaining weight, eating ‘normally’ for you means you have been eating too much. If you continue to eat ‘normally’ now, the effect of the two diet days will be mitigated and you will either lose very slowly, stop gaining weight, or gain more slowly than you have been. That is why eating to your TDEE or less on your non diet days is important.

There is no magic way to lose weight, and 5:2 is not magic. It simply cuts calories out of your weekly diet. But you have to do it for it to work. You will not really know if it is working for at least a month or two, so if you quit before then you will never know if it would have worked for you. You have to do it for awhile to get used to how your body responds to your diet days, and then have time to adjust your eating amounts and habits so it works the way you want it to. Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi everyone – I’m so pleased you are all joining me.

Yesterday was my first fast day. Porridge with water for lunch. Ready meal 279 calories for dinner with salad.
    I managed really well.
    This morning I got up at 6.30 to do a spin class. This was a huge mistake. I was light headed and felt dizzy and sick. I won’t make that mistake again.
    I will do my second fast day Thursday.
    I plan to weigh in on friday morning.
    How are you all doing.

Simcoeluv

Thanks for all your thoughtful and supportive posts and responses. The skepticism is more my long history of trying different diets and not having success. Imy skepticism is more about feeling a little discouraged. But I’m trying to be hopeful. I had my first fasting day yesterday and today was eating day although I have been very careful and tracking what I’m eating today as well. Tomorrow I do my second fast day. Thanks for all the information for the newbie and the TDEE.

All
    Even though I didn’t have my usual energy level I didn’t go to spend yesterday and also today. It help me get through some of the hunger. It’s great having a group of you to do this with who have similar with us desires and the 10 week. challenge!!

It’s nighttime here so will sign off soon but will check in tomorrow and see how everyone’s doing.

Hello,
    5ft with 14Ib to loose would love to join you!
    2 fasts down and 2Ib down so far!

Hi everyone.

I thought I would share my story with you.

I am forever on a diet. I am not hugely overweight. Just a stone or maybe a stone and a half. I’m curvy which I like. But my clothes are uncomfortable. And being short – nearly 5ft 2 the extra weight shows.
    I am a grazer. I pick all day. I love sweets, chocolates, cakes etc but my biggest downfall is bread. I am just plain greedy.
    This year has been a year full of massive decisions. I asked my emotionally abusive husband of 25 years to leave and currently filing for divorce.
    I suffered awful panic attacks and anxiety which resulted in me being prescribed medication for the last three years of married life.
    I am now recovering. I have a fantastic network of supportive friends and family. I have a lovely job. Life is looking good. If I can get this weight off before the start of the new year I know that it will give me that bit more confidence and help me get my self esteem back.

Weigh in friday. 2nd fast day tomorrow. I will probably stick to the same menu as I did on Monday. It’s easy and I don’t have to think about it.

How are you all doing? I am so pleased we are helping to motivate each other

Hi all.

I am on day 3 but doing my second fast day for the week (mon and wed). I have been struggling with hunger all day. Has been much harder for me today. Came here to write and connect as oppose to eat. I am spacey with headaches. Drinking a lot of herbal tea with stevia and water and chewing some gum. Hope this working.

Mrs pepper pot. Thank you for sharing your story/ Journey. So glad you are healing and have living network. Glad you are here too.

How is everyone doing ? I am so glad tomorrow is a eating day. Hope hext week fasts will be easier. !!

Hi y’all! I re-started after a summer break on the 9th Sept and have since lost 12lb yayyy! I am also 5ft 2 and a half 😉 so I’m a bit ahead of schedule for this group in terms of start dates but I’d like to reach 112lb (8st) sometime soon… at 119lb now so hopefully only a few weeks!

Jan 2015 = 151lb
    May 2015 = 123lb GW Reached
    Aug 2015 = 132lb oops I enjoyed a summer of beer and bbqs!
    Oct 2015 = 119lb
    Nov 2015 = 117lb GW
    End of 2015? = 112lb… maybe?! Unless I look daft at that weight!

Hi Simply

I have also had headaches and felt spacey. Even the day after the fast. I hope I feel better on my fast day tomorrow.

What have you been eating on fast days and do you stick to set calories on your normal eating days

Hi all
    Just finished day for this week.idid quite we’ll. on for day 2 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
    To Mrs Pepperpot, you are a courageous lady, good luck with reaching your target.

Hi guys!

Thank you for creating this thread.

I am 5ft2 and want to lose about 10 lbs-12 lbs.

Tomorrow is my first fast day and saturday will be my second.

I will let you know how i get on.

Happy fasting guys!

congrats little wing! That is awesome !

Mrs Pepperpot

This is what I ate day 1 and following today

I apple
    1 egg
    Salad with just greens
    2 rod pretzel sticks
    1 container fat free Greek yogurt
    1 Joseph’s lavash bread (saved for eve)

Added to 490 calories.

I am in the US so the bread is a brand here.

Today I had an extra pretzel rod so will cut something out.

In my eat day I did watch my calories and used my fitness pal app to track. I know we are supposed to be able to eat all you want. But for some reason I’m having a hard time letting that be. I am worried about eating too much and Undoing the hard work on the fast days. But I know restricting is counterproductive because the point is to live in A way that is sustainable long-term.

Tomorrow will be my fourth day and I have till Monday again before he asked so we will be much more of an indication on how I do on my normal days.

It’s great to have everyone commenting here. Comforting and it did help me get through some pretty tough hours today.

Thank you all. Onwards and with perseverance !! 🙂

Little wing that’s amazing well done. I have read your other thread. You have lost weight twice following this woe. Very impressive. I hope I have the same results.

I am excited for results

Ps. I did spin on my first fast day and yesterday.

today on my 2nd fast day I’m going to try to do the elliptical but I don’t have tons of energy. I usually work out six days a week so I’m curious to others who do exercise on this how they have experienced the exercise ?

Does your energy pick back up?

Thanks

Mrspepperpot or others, do you track and watch what they eat on est days ?

Little Wing I am curious if you did to achieve such great results.

Hi Simply:

Two suggestions.

First, you say you are fighting hunger. You will find that eating carbs makes you hungry, and most of what you ate in your list were carbs. Most people find eating high fat/protein food on their diet days cuts their hunger considerably.

Second, you say you know people can eat all they want on 5:2. That is not correct. People can eat any food they want, but not all of it that they want. If you read the thread I suggested to you, you would know that you should eat to your TDEE or less on non diet days.

Good Luck!

I don’t track calories on NFDays. I eat all my calories on a FD in one go in the evening. I find once the kids are in bed the stress of the day lifts and I can carry on until 8 or 9 without feeling too hungry!

Once you’re into the swing of fasting you may find your portions become smaller without realising and you don’t really snack anymore… I sometimes daydream about toast and jam on a NFD but then think to myself “well if I can get through a FD without snacks and only on 500 cals then I don’t need a snack today…” Think snacking/grazing is the real danger, empty, carb calories that mean you are hungry again quite quickly!

A handful of nuts keeps me going till dinner on NFD if I’m really desperate!

I think NFDs are harder than fast days in some ways because you are adjusting to a different way of thinking about food… fast days you know you’ve got to stick to that 500!

My TDEE for NFD is 1600ish which seems restrictive but a quick rough mental tally during the day means I don’t go over it. And if I do have an indulgent day… I just watch myself the next day.

You’ll eventually want less on NFDs though.

What an incoherent ramble sorry!

And i really do mean a rough mental tally, i don’t enjoy calorie counting and its only something I know I have to do on FDs… I can usually tell if I’ve overeaten on NFDs because it doesn’t feel very nice!

Brilliant work, Littlewing! It’s great to see what can be achieved in just a few months – many thanks for sharing.

Hi Simcoeluv.

Thank you for your suggestions the protein in the front makes a lot of sense and I can make the switch.

With regards to what to eat I didn’t mean to imply that I know people who eat what they want I was just curious as I’ve read some of the testimonies on the website where people say they don’t track and what they want so I did not know what the amount. I understand from what you sent me that we need to eat our TDEE or less

I trust with time I will figure it out and all of your imports are very helpful thank you.

Little Wing

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I did not find it around a little! It’s really helpful to hear what you and others doing to go through.

I think you’re absolutely right then a eating days a little bit harder than a fast day because of the adjustment and the options. But psychologically are right if I get hungry and want to smack I have to think through my ability to eat so much last on a fast day.

I am totally committed to giving this a try and keep going and all of the communication on this blog is really really helpful.

Congratulation to you and all others with your great successes! Hopefully I will get there too !!

Simply

We will get there. ???

MrsPepperpot

You are such a love. Thank you ! Yes we will !! ????☀️?

Mrs Pepperpot, your story is amazing, well done for taking your life back like that, so brave and strong! Good luck for the next stage.

I’m on my first fast day of this week, and I got to about 11am before I was peckish because I accidentally ate two massive meals yesterday! Totally by accident.
    I don’t tend to count calories on my non fast days as I want to adjust my eating so I can make healthy sensible options that keep me satisfied and I can recognise treats as treats and not the norm.

One day at a time for me!

Good morning everyone ! I made it through my second fast day!! It was great exercise to get through some of the tough spots but got through.

Simcoeluv. Trying your suggestions for non fast days as well so I can eat more sensibly and be more satiated. Thank you again.

Helen R. One day at a time. hang in there !

How is everyone doing ?

Hi guys!

Ok I’ve had 200 calories this afternoon for lunch!

I’ve got 300 to go which I’ll have after run club around 9pm!

I’m half way through my first fast. I’m ok – not starving or anything but I realise I eat 80% of the time due to habit and not hunger!

Going to message again once I’ve completed day 1- hope you guys don’t mind!

I’ve completed two fasts this week but was slightly over on calories on one of them.
    Down 1lb, so pleased with that
    Trying to not go over my tdee on nf days too

Newbe1 share away and good luck.

Beeps congrats !! And good luck. I am doing same on Nfdays.

I would like to join you. This is my second week on the program and I am on my 3rd fasting day today. My doctor recommended this diet to me because I am pretty active and self-disciplined. I have always weighed around 120-130, even after having my first 2 babies. Since having my 3rd child, despite a good diet and exercise the weight has not come off. I started at around 148 pounds and haven’t weighed myself yet. I am planning to only weigh in once every 2 weeks because I don’t want to become obsessive about it! I would love encouragement and to be an encourager to others.

You have done so well, massive well done!
    I am 5 FT 2 and have been doing 5:2 for 3 weeks without loss.
    I lose2lbs with fast and it goes back on again , then lose it again. I suspect I am going over 500 calls maybe.

Good morning everyone. I’m so pleased we are all on our personal journeys and yet encouraging each other.

So 2 fasts down this week and weighed in this morning. I have lost 3 pounds. I am very happy with that.
    Yesterday’s fd was harder than the first. I was fine all day at work then ravenous as soon as I got home.

Next week I will have to fast Monday and Wednesday as Thursday out at a wedding.

I am confident that I will have lost a stone by Christmas.
    What about you?

Little wing you are my inspiration. Thank you

Hi guys,

I had my first fast yesterday and it was OK – woke up in the night but just had water!

Today I need to hit my TDEE (which can be hard sometimes because I am always on the go:(.. and I did not realise it was as high as it is!!!)

I am fasting tomorrow and then will weigh myself monday morning. I also don’t like to obsess about weights and all that but seeing as I have so much to lose – I am sure it will be encouraging to know!

yesterday on my fast day: I had

– oats and water (100 cals)

– greek yoghurt with handful of nuts (60 cals)

– white fish with asparagus (90 cals)

– white fish, green beans and red kidney beans (250 cals)

Being busy really helps!!

Today I’ve eaten about 800 cals so far and have about 900-1000 to go!!

hey all!

doing my second fast day tomorrow – wish me luck!!!

decided to do it a little different tomorrow

will eat 200 cals at 6pm

and then 200 cals at 9pm

and 100 cals before bed at 11pm

(i get more hungry in the evening hours)

will keep you posted as to how i get on tomorrow! hope you girls are doing well

i’ll also check in what i eat 🙂

hey 🙂 I’m joining this challenge, I have exactly 10 weeks until I’m away on holiday. I love 5:2, did it before for a good year or so, now I’m ready to get healthy and stay that way 🙂

Hope you found your fast day ok 🙂

I’m joining this challenge too. I’m 5’2″ with 13kg (28lbs)to lose. I’ve just returned a month ago from an O/S holiday where I met a fellow who had fantastic results on 5:2 diet. I started as soon as I got home and have now done 4 weeks. The past two weeks were unsuccessful as I broke my fast on the second day both times – I’m an emotional eater and I readily reach for sugar the moment my stress level goes up an inch. But I haven’t given up. I’ve dropped 2 kilos since I started. My fast day is tomorrow and I’ve worked out what I’ve going to have. Porridge (made with water) with a tablespoon of sultanas for breakfast; Miso soup followed by green tea at lunchtime; 2 egg omelette with mushrooms and green salad for dinner followed by an apple and green tea. Total=503 calories. I’ll also start and finish the day by walking my dog. My second fast day is Thursday – I’ll be out of town on business, so hopefully too busy to try and find things to eat. I’ll see if I can get through the day without anything and eat my 500 cals when I get home in the evening. One of my weight challenges is wine. Two alcohol free nights a week will be good for my health and waistline! Wish me luck and all the best to all of you.

Hi all.

Welcome to all the new joiners.

Newbee1 and MrsPepperpot how did it go.

I am 6 days in and working to stay under my TDEE. Haven’t weighted yet but will mon it tues. will keep you posted. Overall I am really happy to be on this and connecting with such a supportive group !

Hope you are well!

Good morning everyone.
    First week I lost 3 lbs
    I am fasting today and Wednesday this week.
    I would like to lose 2 lbs this week if I can.
    I have a wedding to go to on Thursday.

Today I plan to have porridge with water for late breakfast/lunch
    Ready meal 250 calories for dinner

Thank you for sharing your stories. It really helps knowing that we are all motivating each other with similar goals xx

Hi Mrs Pepperpot

You could be describing me!! I would love to join you in the 10 week challenge and am starting today! I’m sure we can keep each other motivated. Can anyone tell me where the best place is to look for examples of what to eat on a Fast Day please? I’m better if I follow something fairly prescriptive – good luck everyone !

Hi there. I’m also 5ft 2 and would like to lose 9lbs before Christmas. Today is my first fast day and I’m planning to have one meal this evening – haven’t eaten since dinner at 7pm last night. I’m planning Monday and Wednesday/Thursday fasts. It’s great to read about other people’s experiences, so thanks for the tips! 😉

I just finished my 4th fast day, and my second week on the program. Looks like I lost about 4 pounds! I’m hoping my body keeps up with that. Janice 21 I used the fast diet cook book to help me plan my meals. I chose 6-8 meals I liked and that I knew I would prepare and just plan to rotate through them. Yesterday this is what I ate
    1/4 cup ricotta cheese with 1/2 cup raspberries and hard boiled egg
    4 ounces of salmon with 1 Tablespoon pesto sauce with zucchini and red bell pepper on the side

im happy with how I did on the first two fasts but I didn’t eat healthy yesterday at all so really not happy with myself.

This week I’m fasting Monday and Thursday.

So today I had:

Breakfast
    • oat bran + water + raw pumpkin purée (140 cals)

Lunch
    • 80g chicken and veg (200 cals)

Dinner
    • 100g lean beef steak with mixed leaf salad (150 cals)

= 490 cals

So I’ll throw in an almond or two!

Then tomorrow at 11am, my fast breaks and will be able to demolish 2000 calories!

I am liking this because I never ever used to eat 2000 calories per day (maybe only on a binge day which became quite frequent to be honest) but I’m hoping I will make good food choices tomorrow!

I know I said I would weigh myself today but I think I’m going to hold out until Friday ?

How are you ladies getting on?

Keep up the great work- we can do this!

less than 10 weeks until 2016!

Hi all. Did great until last night. Too much wine and food at birthday dinner last night so I am sure way over my TDEE therefore do not want to get on scale !

Today is begging of week two and is my fast day. Will see how I do. Will weight on tomorrow.

Great to read about everyone’s journeys. Gives me inspiration although felt bad about last night. But learned more and more wine just opens up the appetite !

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply.