5ft 2 with 14 pounds to lose. Anybody want to join me for 10 week challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5ft 2 with 14 pounds to lose. Anybody want to join me for 10 week challenge

This topic contains 243 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Pollypenny 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 244 total)

• Broke my (half) fast this evening, but hopefully it wasn’t too bad. Í think I ate about 800 calories instead of 500, and I really have no desire to it all over again tomorrow because of those 300 kcal. Will focus on my second fast day on Thursday and make an effort to not overeat on my non-fast days to make up for this one.

On a positive note – I hade a non-scale victory tonight when I realized that a gorgeous pair of pants I bought a year ago even though they were half a size too small finally fit me perfectly!

Hi Moa congrats.
    Yesterday wa a regular day and did not overeat but had 3 glasses of red wine. Truly enjoyable so I used 1550 calories!
    Today I shall endeavor to behave.

Morning everyone, good to hear so many of us are trying this as it really helps to keep me motivated. A colleague at work has a head start on me, she inspired me to try it as had found it successful, so that’s also keeping me going. Had a fast day yesterday, again I find if I’m at work and busy it is not too difficult to stick to, also try to keep busy in the evening. So managed to stick to the 500. Today is a ‘normal’ day, but again going to try to be reasonably ‘good’ as find I do overindulge at weekends. That’s the thing that is keeping me going though, knowing I can eat normally the next day and still have treats at weekends. Here’s hoping that does work, and from what others have said hopefully it will. Re exercise, I go to the gym twice a week and have a bit of a walk every day, either to the office and/or walking the dog. Keep going everyone, it’ll be worth it!

Oh yeah, I have also got to resist jumping on the scales every day, does anyone else do that? I must get into the habit of just once a week – Friday will be my weigh in day.

Hi everyone,

Second fast day of the week and I did a workout this morning as well. I feel okay for the moment, but this it might backfire in being super-hungry later.

I’ve been weighing myself everyday with does mean a lot of up and down, I’m just trying not to worry about it and am tracking it on a spreadsheet on my computer at work the visual really helps me.

Happy Wednesday everybody!

I too weigh every day – a habit I got into about 3 years ago and have not lost. It is upsetting when the weight goes up after a feed day, but I think I am beginning to see a pattern and so I can hopefully still see progress over the week. Monday is the official weigh day.

Yesterday was a ‘heal’ day πŸ™‚ and I managed to get to 3pm without eating for the first time. I have always had breakfast and dinner before now. I felt really proud of my self for lasting that long. My supper of chicken broth, which in the past would have felt totally unsatisfying, actually tasted gorgeous and filling. My husband was laughing at how long I took to eat it as I was savouring every mouthful. Bless him though, he ate a low cal dinner himself and then later in the evening when he needed a snack to keep him going he did his best to hide it from me πŸ™‚

Good luck today everyone x

Good day you all, I had a shocking realization this morning. I miscalculated my Calorie intake of the last 10 days so I had 172 Calories more per day, Fast days included than I should have had. Well I still lost something so from now I shall be more wide awake and make sure that I calculate correctly!!

Good luck to you all and have a Great day!!

Good Evening, how is everybody? And Why is there such a silence?

I had a Fast day today and it went fabulously! Walked for a full hour by the sea. It was truly enjoyable. There were millions of flowers and nothing bigger than 1cm across.

I do hope that you all have a fab Friday.

Doing my 7th fast day and I think this is probably the hardest one yet. I can’t stop daydreaming about the veggie burger I’ll eat for dinner tomorrow night or the huge mozzarella sandwich I’ll be eating for lunch. My motivation started waning but I managed to keep myself in check by reminding myself how I want to feel that high of reaching a goal.

Right now I kind of want to eat more than I want to lose weight, but I’m trying to keep thining of the fact that I can have both if I just wait until tomorrow.

Hi Moa,

I had my 4th Fast day today. I try not to think about food too much on Fast days. I keep a dairy of everything that I eat, drink and excercise.

Sundays is official weight days, when I also take measurements and use the Tracker. Its fantastic! But I weight whenever I want and do not feel guilty about anything. I love this diet.

You know when I started I felt bloated, I could hardly bend my knees and had trouble standing up when sitting. I absolutely Have to loose total of 9 to 10 Kg (About 22 pounds) to be on my perfect weight. And then I shall have so much less problem and another plus is that I can then again fit into my clothes!!!

Hope you have lovely evening. And strongs!!

Hi everyone, 4th fast day for me today too (on week two), so will see what the scales say tomorrow. got a bit hungry around 4pm at work, but managed to resist and stayed busy so wasn’t too much of a problem, then had tea and feel full now! will resist anything else this evening and look forward to regular meals tomorrow. Keep up the good work everyone. πŸ™‚

My starting weight 30th September was 141 (weight watchers)
    7th Oct 139. (WW)
    14th Oct 139. (WW) Started 5:2
    21st Oct Week 1 weigh 136. (-5 pounds in total)

28th Oct Week 2 weigh 136 stayed the same ? (-5 lbs total loss)
    4th Nov week 3 weigh 135 (total loss 6 lbs) only 1 lb loss this week but that’s no surprise – wedding, entertaining and meals out.

11th Nov week 4 Weigh 135 ( same) only managed 1 fast day though -6 total
    18th Nov week 5
    25th Nov week 6
    2nd Dec week 7
    9th Dec week 8
    15th Dec week 9
    22 Dec Week 10

How are you all doing? I have had a really tough week. Divorce is heading to court.
    Am on meds for anxiety which has blown up again. Trying to not give myself a hard time when I really want comfort food.
    Next week will be better ??

My sympathies over divorce and heading to court-been there, done that.

My very best advice is one that I saw in a magazine, I think. It is ‘the best revenge is living well’ and was my mantra…still is after 13 years. Take care of yourself, try not to put any pressure on yourself(there is quite enough going on) and eat well- by which I mean eat real food(unprocessed meat, wholegrain bread, fruit, veg etc).Get out for exercise which will help with the stress, a good long walk will help.

Forget the scales and put them away for a few weeks. Get the tape measure out now and again, but clothes will show you where you are shrinking far more than letting the tyranny of the scales rule you. The goal is to have a smaller waist, which shows that visceral fat(the nasty stuff around your vital organs) is also shrinking and this will probably not show up on the scales.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Sending hugs.

Hi Mrs Pepperpot, I hope that you will cope through this rough time and wish we all could hold your hand. I live in East Cape South Africa and will think of you all day everyday!!

Just imagine all the good vibes and wishes from all over the world coming your way!!

Strongs!!

Hi. all-
    I see many comments about trying to track calories with what you eat.

I use an app called MyNetDiary. You plug in whatever foods you are eating. There are thousands of brands of ready-made foods, and ingredients. So, if you are making a soup, say, you plug in “chicken broth”, select the volume, then “carrots”, etc. You can adjust the amounts, or plug in your own foods. It will automatically track the calories, carbs, fat, sodium, etc.

It will analyze your intake for the day, but if you are on the 5:2, it will say “you had less than 200 calories for BF”, or other warnings. But I find this to be a very helpful tool. At least, as long as I use it, haha! It also has a forum that is monitored by a dietician in case you have questions.

Ms Pepperpot, hang in there! Do not beat yourself up for skipping a day! Are you lighter than when you started? Even one pound is a success. I could not imagine the stress of a divorce, you are human, not a robot.

HI everyone, hope you’ve all had a good week and made some progress. I had lost 1lb this week, so after the first week’s 3 expect to be on a more gradual reduction now, though as someone said above, any loss is good. Managed to fit in an extra gym session today too, am definitely feeling better in myself, one pair of work trousers felt less tight yesterday. It’s the little things like that that keep me motivated, and if I can maintain a pound a week until xmas I will be really pleased. Stay motivated people, have a good weekend, and don’t over indulge too much. I love my chocolate, so one of my ways of enjoying it in moderation is putting a reasonable portion in a small dish and having that, rather than sitting with the big bar or bag and just eating it all in one go!

Evening all, I hope you are all well and getting on ok with the fasting.

I lost just under 2lbs this week, which was my first week back to this way of life. I did 2 fast days (Monday and Thursday), had about 650 cals on the second day but still managed to lose. I also did a circuit class on the Monday.

I only ever weigh myself once a week. I used to weigh every day but that can become so dis-empowering because there are so many factors that determine what the scales say. If you follow the principles and stick to a healthy way of life then you will see results and it won’t just be on the scales. I try not to be a slave to it.

I use myfitnesspal to track my food and exercise and find this really helpful.

What do you guys eat on your fast days?

Good Morning, I lost 1Kg this week and know that I was weak and had a few glasses of wine which I shall just CUT OUT! This is my 2nd week and lost 3Kg so far. And some cm. I walk 2km + everyday and walking a lot faster, I feel a lot less bloated so thanks to this program.

Emmabarth, congrats with the loss. On Fast days I eat bread 1 slice (100 calories) for breakfast as I have to take meds for lunch 1 boiled egg (87 calories) apple (50 calories) 1 slice bread (100 calories) evening salad with tuna. (158 calories) I drink tea and coffee black and no sugar and water. I don’t do this every fast day I eat what. There is and if rich I take just very little. I weigh and calculate calories according to calorie king on the internet.

Hope everybody is doinf fine!! You all are very quiet!!

Good Morning

Am I the only one left here?

Where is everybody?

Yesterday Happened to be a Fast day and went well. I had Less than 500 Calories.

I walked 2km+ and had 3x 500ml water. I feel great!

Hi everyone
    Yes, this thread has gone quiet! Since I live in France, we’ve been pretty zombie out by recent events…
    …however on a health front, I finished off my first week of 5:2 by losing 4 pounds! However great that sounds, I think it was a lot of water weight and I suspect my first weigh-in was around my period. So I take the scale weight loss with a grain of salt. All that said, proud of having done two fast days – the other days I watched what I ate for sure; plus I’ve been trying to log 15k steps on my fitbit every day (not always successful, but close!), and I am quite active on other fronts (tennis, jogging…). All that said, this weekend had two celebratory meals (Saturday night and sunday lunch) and I am sure I have blown all the benefits away… champagne, rich food, desserts (once I have a slice of any cake, I pick at the rest after the meal….terrible!). Feeling bloated again and realizing that somehow on the weekends when there is a special occasion I have got to restrain more! Otherwise I will be good during the week only to blow it on the weekends. Any tips on this most helpful! All that said, at least I saw results during my first week which will keep me motivated to keep going. Since I am trying to lose 8-10 pounds total, I feel like it’s finally feasible on this program (I’ve tried for three years…and always gave up because whatever I tried wasn’t working fast enough…or not enough food for my active lifestyle.). Hope everyone is motivated to start out the week well! I’m having a fast day today and Thursday and hope to keep my cals under control the other days (including next weekend!!!).

And wanted to add that because of my over indulgence on the weekend am just thrilled to be fasting today! Feel like I need it not only physically but mentally too!

Hi all of you here. I am looking for someone that is keen to be accountable to each other via daily emails. I have 13kg to lose and am over 50 and only around 5 foot short:-)
    Any takers out there please reply and we can swap email addresses if we are allowed to do so and start helping each other out.

Hi, I am 5ft 3 and need to lose 14lbs plus- this is my first fast day and I would really love the support.

Hi Fatpigeon, It would be great to email though not sure it will let you post it on here- give it a try and I will email back.

Hi Iamdizzy. I am a fatfatpigeon at a gmail

Hi there, I am new (recommended by a friend) and today is my first fast. I am 5’2″ and 9st and want to lose a stone. I have already lost 8lb through dieting but have plateaued so willing to give this a go. Hopefully we can all get there πŸ™‚

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know about this book I just bought and my experience! Its called Eat Stop Eat. Many of you probably heard of it before. its about fasting for 24 hours at lease once a week to reach your weight goal. My daughter and I have tried it out for the past 3 weeks and lost 4 kilos together.

I did cheat a little bit here and there by eating random things but I still got results. I also did lots of cardio (walking and bit of running) along with the fasting.

It has also saved me a lot of time from cooking because my husband is away right now so only have to cook for me and my daughter when we are not fasting.

I thought that I would feel weak during those 24 hours but I actually didn’t feel a thing! WEIRD!

If you guys want to know more on the book here is good review on it πŸ™‚

http://www.okaykit.com/eatstopeat/

I will keep you guys posted on my weekly progress

Hi Rplant, hope you will sail through this fast day like a champion!! I found that I have to Watch my calorie intake on regular days as my body just want to grab and hold onto every bit of indulgence. I just have to resist and keep with the plan as I truly Have to lose 7Kg more!

Hi Fatpigeon you will get all the support here if you post daily, I think and welcome!

Hi iamdizzy, welcome and I hope to hear from you dayly.

Hi Rammsteinqueen, welcome to you, I hope that you will reach your dream weight.

Hi Shanr02, is this your first post, I can’t seem to remember your name.

Mrs pepperpot, we miss you! How are you doing, hope good. Keep my fingers crossed for you!

I had Fast day Yesterday and it went well. Today watchful to every bite. I want to shed 2 Kg this week!!! Hopeful!

Hi everyone,

This is my third fast day, I had a bit of a naughty weekend and now am feeling quite hungry, being tired is making it worse I think.

I’m hoping to have a really early night tonight so I don’t end up snacking after my dinner of eggs and salad!

Hoping to stay strong, good luck everyone with your fasting fun!

Dragonmama, thanks so much for your encouragement! I think I did so well last week (before the weekend that is) because on my non fast days I really watched what I ate without being obsessive, but being more careful than I would’ve otherwise. I have to get the “special occasion” category under control…if we have no special plans on the weekend, then I don’t find it difficult. But being in France, it’s not rare at all for someone to be celebrating something, and it always starts with champagne! And desserts are to die for….

Shanr02, I too have done intermittent fasting – actually started last week during my first 5:2 week, which may have helped me shed weight. However, I tried 16/8 fasting (on both Fast and non fast days) which is eating within an 8-hour window, and fasting the other 16. In my case, the eating window is likely noon to 8 pm. So when I wake up I basically skip breakfast, and start my day with lunch. On Fast days, I may hold off until 1 or 2 pm…. or as long as I can hold off. Since I normally do at least one hour of exercise in the morning, I’m not sure I could hold off for 24 hours. But may try one day.

Jessye, me too I find everything is more difficult when one is tired. This weekend had little sleep on Friday night (quite difficult with news of terrorists in a city where my husband works)…and Saturday night had a dinner… so yesterday (Sunday) was exhausted…and today just getting back to normal. I feel as though part of 5:2 or any healthy program needs to involve pro-active sleeping patterns (like say “no” to late night tv!) otherwise bad eating habits creep up.

Have a great week everyone. Very grateful to have a community to exchange with.

Hi All!
    I’m 5ft 3 with 14lbs left to lose,
    I started 3 weeks ago and have shifted 4lbs however I’m taking it easy as still Breast feeding I understand the Doc recommends not to however I have searched the web for info and I have found that 1lb a week has very little effect. so far baby is happy and I have had no supply issues, I tend to eat clean I used to be paleo and and carried that through pregnancy and did not put on much weight however bf caused a terrible craving for bicuits, chocolate, deserts and anything with sugar and portion control became rediculous so gained 10lbs I now eat clean and will only allow for whole foods and gluten free oats oh and the occasional sweet treat,
    I find 5:2 really helps me with portion control and I feel really good on it,
    I’m sorry to bore you all though I really look forward to keep reading your posts.

Fast days- Mon/Thurs
    I’m currently not counting calories as cook everything from scratch and find it a faff.

Hello everyone!
    I am trying to lose at least 15 pounds by April. Alright, actually I wish for 20 – but 15lb at minimum! LOL

I am starting my second fast day today – so far no weight change. I would love to start with this new goal!

When should I weigh myself? I am doing my fasts on Monday and Thursday. I like to read everyone’s tips and stories so I can keep myself motivated during fast days.

Thanks!

Didn’t lose any weight last week, which didn’t come as a surprise considering how much sugar I ate on normal days. Didn’t gain as much as I would have otherwise though, so it’s okay. I’ve started working out again after a two month hiatus and it feels really good to exhaust my body properly.

Today is a fast day and it’s going really well – ate eggs for lunch and am still really full, going to have a small piece of bread soon and I should be good to go. Kept myself busy with studying during the day and am meeting some friends soon which should take my mind off food. Good luck all of you!

Hi All,

I am new here and have been creeping this site for a while now. I purcahsed the book and cookbook about 6 months ago and think I am ready to begin.

I am also 5’2″ and weigh 169lbs…Pretty noticable on my fame! LOL
    I have 2 kids, 23 and 20 and have kept some of the baby weight since then, plus added some wine calories over the years. πŸ˜‰

I would like to loose at least 40 pounds (more than most of you here) so my challenge will take me longer. I dont have a time frame selected as I mostly just want to be healthy and loose pounds effectively.

All of you are doing a great job and I am proud of you! I look forward each day to reading your journeys and successes.

I plan on starting Monday the 23rd of November as I need to hit the grocery store and prepare for this massive change in diet. I also consider myself to be “sedentary” and will be walking each evening along with the diet.

Good luck everyone on your journey’s!! I look forward to reading more successes!

Hey all –
    Congrats on the successes! Dragonmomma – your posts crack me up when you argue with yourself about the wine! I feel your pain!

Have lost about 2 lbs over the past few weeks. I did overdo a bit this weekend with homemade chicken alfredo (yummy, but sat so heavy) and pumpkin pie. Haven’t weighed this week – will wait until Friday.

Keep it up shorties (and some tallies)!!

Hi LuvThis please give me your pumpkinpie recipe. I only had some nice pie once about 20 years ago. Could never get the recipe.

Yes fighting all the illegal stuff. Today I had a good day, had 700 calories,(no Wine) am Soooo tired washed my daughter’s rooms walls twice as high as me, took Most of the day. Then a 2+ km walk.

Strongs to all!!

Hi to you all, and good to hear from more new people, it’s so motivating knowing there are others out there doing the same. Had a ‘normal’ eating day today, and hasn’t been too bad, except my daughter made chocolate mousse at school so had to sample it, delicious! Anyway tomorrow is a fast day for me, so that means light cereal for breakfast, egg and salad for lunch and veggie soup for tea. I have lost just over 4lbs in my first 2 weeks, so seeing the scales go down helps me keep at it. Also just feeling better in myself, nice to know you’re not overdoing it all the time and not feel bloaty. Keep up the good work everyone πŸ™‚

@dragonmama – sorry, I should have said “homemade chicken alfredo and boxed pumpkin pie…” which was really not worth the calories! I have never tried to make one – will share a recipe if I ever make a good one.

I got there! 14lb in 10 weeks πŸ™‚

The last couple of weeks I did 6:1 rather than 5:2 (half term holidays and a stonking cold last week) but still got there.

Think I will do a 6:1 to see if I can maintain.

It can be done!

Jan 2015 – 10st 11lb
    May 2015 – 8st 11lb
    Sept 2015 – 9st 5lb
    Nov 2015 – 8st 5lb

(Weight gain in September…enjoyed a summer of birthdays, weddings and holiday with no restrictions on food/booze! Beauty of 5:2 is that you can just pick up where you left…!)

Sat here with a glass of wine and the remains of the Quality Street reading all these posts. Thin I’m ready to join you all – 5’3″ and in need of shaking off about 15-20 pounds. Started taking tamoxifen back in April, and the weight has just piled on! Can’t be the wine or the Quality Street, can it?

LittleWing that is brilliant!!! Any before and after pics? Today was my first day. I had an apple, a pear, a clementine and a 300 cal M&S sweet chilli chicken noodle salad. Feel okay just a little headache. Looking forward to my porridge in the morning though πŸ™‚ boyfriend asking if I wanted any caramel mini bites and Cadburys caramel … Err nope! πŸ˜€

wow LittleWing, well done you, that’s so good to hear. Did you still eat your usual allowance on non fast days, eg mine is 1750, or did you reduce on non fast days too. Your story is so positive, it really makes me think this will work. I have never really dieted before, as after a few days of ‘being good’ I get bored and feel deprived. Luckily I’m not too much over, but just know I would be happier a few pounds lighter, not to mention healthier overall of course. So hopefully I will get to my ideal weight and then i plan to do 6:1 as well, I think you just feel better when you’re not overeating!
    Go for it gst300, it’s just a day at a time, then you have a ‘normal’ day so you don’t feel so deprived.

Hi all and welcome to the new ladies.

I have had a miserable 2 weeks. Solicitors today and it’s official my divorce is going to court.
    ????
    I have comfort eaten which makes me feel worse.
    I had intended today being a fast day but sabotaged it well and truly between 6-10pm. Tomorrow is def going to be a fast day.
    Little wing you are an inspiration. Well done. Can you share what you eat on a fast day and how many calories do you stick to on other days.

Thank you all for your hand holding and best wishes. It helps xx

Good Morning, I feel real good this morning. Not Hungry, and this is new to me! Yesterday was a regular but had only 700 calories and was not hungry at all.

Mrs Pepperpot you are in our thoughts and “Take Heart” (what my Mom used to say) meaning: Courage to you. Its a dreadful place for you and it will pass. Unfortunately it takes Time. The only thing you can do is to take real good care of yourself.

Well done little wing and all that are doing good and making the effort.

Where do you all get your names from??

Hi everyone – can I join in please – you are all inspiring me – just ordinary folks like me trying to get on top of those lbs, but being honest that life’s ‘stuff’ gets in the way! Well done LittleWing – you give me hope! Keep on Mrs Pepperpot – we are all with you.

So perhaps a bit of encouragement for everyone from me…. I’m 5ft 2 ins and weighed 154 lbs for the whole of the year – I’ve tried every diet going but just can’t stick to it – so reading all your posts I decided to give this a try a couple of weeks ago – it works! I’ve been out and eaten out of the tin of Roses that I’d bought for xmas!!! Can’t really blame that one on the grandkids!! But week 1 just lost a lb but kept going – end of week 2 and I have lost 3lbs – so 4 in all!! It can be done – the best bit though is that starting week 3 I’m actually not looking for food so much and have stopped picking all day – even the Roses tin has remained closed!

Keep going everyone – lovely to hear your stories and good luck x

Hi everybody,

I 100% broke my fast yesterday and have eaten awfully so far today. I’m going to try and start a-fresh tomorrow and maybe do a fast day at the weekend (something I usually try to avoid).

Littlewing, I’m so glad you put that post up, I’m really looking for at least a stone loss and seeing you do it in 10 weeks is really encouraging!

Keep at it everyone!

Good Morning all, it is really fantastic that our group is growing and what an interesting lot of people!

JanRose21, You are welcome.I hope that you will stay on track and reach your goal soon.

I had a Fast day on Sunday, Monday only 700 calories and Yesterday, a full 1500+ calories. My TDEE is about 1800, so it was Not over indulging? Fortunately….I had No Wine since Sunday!! Today we are going out shopping but first for a long walk along the beach. Hope the weather stay like it is now!

I wish to all a fortunate and Happy day. Mrs Pepperpot, specially for you!

Hi everyone, sounds lovely being able to go for a walk on the beach DragonMama, assuming you are in the USA, it’s windy and dull her in the UK. Lovely to hear all the positive stories.
    JanRose I am mid way through week 3 too, and have too lost 4lbs so far, have been used to hopping on the scales everyday but am resisting that this week as they vary so much, so just going for an official weigh in on a Friday now.
    Successful fast day yesterday, normal today and another planned for tomorrow. Find I do tend to eat much the same on my fast days but it’s kind of easy to do that.
    Well done so far everyone.

Hey all –
    Mrs Pepperpot – hugs to you. It must be hard to fast with all the emotional turmoil! I find it almost comforting to fast when I have a lot going on in my life – it feels good to have control over at least one aspect of my life! Although, I cannot imagine the amount of stress you are dealing with. Again – hugs and best wishes.

Monday fast went will and fasting again today. Since next week is Thanksgiving, will only fast on Monday and then undo Thanksgiving damage the following week!

Enjoy the beach walk Dragonmama. Sounds divine.

Thanks for the encouragement Littlewing! Quite the accomplishment.

Good evening to you all. I live South Africa. Weather was fab today and enjoyed very much water 20 degrees, for me a bit too cold to swim. Wish I could post a photo for you. I am just tired and a bit sun tanned.

And I had too much to eat! I wanted it to be a fast day but I made a spinash souffle and it was So nice. Ate 100 gram and that is 300 calories!! So altogether 768 calories today. Will attempt another fast day tomorrow.

I can just as we’ll have a glass of red Wine and add 200 calories…. No no no no no!!! The fat must go!!!

I do hope you all have a wonderful evening and stay within your guidelines!!

Strongs to all!!

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply.