4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,701 through 1,750 (of 2,659 total)

• I second that, HappyMargo.

Day 29, Quรฉbec

How interesting to read all your comments.

I lost 2 pounds between July first and july the 29. Not so bad, considering the time spent with my husband’s family for his father’s funeral, plus the vacations. It was much more difficult for me to focus than in the first challenge. I’m very happy to say that I lost 9 pounds since April the 28.

I got discouraged from time to time but luckyly you were around to bring me back on track. Thank you, thank you.

A special word for Coda. I am so happy to have met this challenge and this magnificent woman. I think that you did a lot of good for a lot of good people.

Hugs and looking forward to the bonus.

Thanks for the full list of days/numbers for the next challenge! got it now…

Coda, will you start a new thread for this next deal?

Again today people who haven’t seen me in months are noticing my weight loss. I began 5:2 March 15 and have lost 20 pounds, a pound a week. I am more than thrilled at that! I tell everyone about 5:2 and how it has worked for me. Today it was the women where I give blood. All went well this time, but I am being good with no wine or beer with dinner. I even got down a Gatorade this afternoon.

US SE Day 29. End of my first back to back FD’s. It went much better than I expected… I didn’t think that I’d be able to do it… but then I never thought I could fast on 500 cal a day in the first place so it goes to show that the thought of doing something is sometimes scarier than actually doing it. I’ll weigh in tomorrow and hope for the best. Big congrats to all who lost and to those that didn’t get to their goal… roll on the next challenge!

Croatia, Day 1, NFD
    Weight:79 Kg

US Day 29- NFD

Start End
    Weight 162.6 lb 157.2 lb
    Waist 31.25″ 29.25″
    Hips 39″ 38.25″
    Thigh 25.5″ 24.5″
    Arm 13.5″ 13″

Very pleased with my results for the challenge. My goal was to break into the 150s. I lost just about 5.5 lbs and 4.25 inches. I’m just about where I was last summer when I started walking to lose weight. That, however, was not something I could sustain with my college schedule. That’s what I love about the 5:2, you can do it without much time commitment!

My next goal (not necessarily for the new phase, but for the end of August in general) is to break into the 140s. I start back for my third year of college on the 29th and would love to weigh less than when I went back last year. Going to give it my all in August and try to bring in some walking and yoga.

Congrats to everyone even if you didn’t lose or make your goal. The fact that you are still here means you haven’t given up and that is the most important part!

Australia, check in day, loss of 1.2kgs (2 1/2 lbs). Not much, but I’m comfortable with that. I am not too far from goal weight, and I’m enjoying being in the healthy weight range, wearing some new Australian size 12 clothes, and the mostly good comments from people.

Coda – thanks so much for all you’ve done for the challenges and being a great leader! Thanks for your confidence in me in suggesting I could lead a challenge. It’s good to see people putting up their hands to take over the lead also. It’s been wonderful taking this journey along with such good people from all over the world! Congratulations to all who have had a further move towards their normal weight, or stayed even through lots of busy-ness. Commiserations to those who went up a bit but don’t let it get you down as life never goes in a straight line. If you’ve fallen off the horse just dust yourself of and climb back on. 5:2 is very forgiving. I’ve fallen off the horse plenty of times on my 5:2 journey and what I find is that each time I learn something about myself and how I relate to food, how I use it in emotional ways, how I’ve sabotaged myself, and that all ends up making me stronger and more in control of my journey with food. My BMI is now 23 something and it feels wonderful! I’ll probably fall off the horse again before I’m done, but I’ll climb back on and keep going till I’m done. Remember also that 5:2 is as much about health as weight loss, and the health benefits alone are worth continuing 5:2.

I’m going to take a short break during August and I’ll see you all again in September๐Ÿ™‚
    Onwards and Downwards,
    Merry

California, USA day 29. I weighed today and have lost 0.5 lb. I have been up and down this past 4 weeks. I only lost weight today due to being sick for the past 24 hours. I hope to feel better tomorrow.

Day 1 Sussex, U.K.
    Result from last challenge is that I overall stayed the same.
    As i know we all plateau from time to time I am thinking this is a plus. I had previously lost 8 pounds over 4 weeks and to keep it off for any length of time is a big achievement for me personally.
    Now 13 stones and 1 pound.
    I like this way of eating but still struggle not to over eat after I have anything with sugar in and find evening time particularly difficult. Do ok all day then have supper and immediately want something sweet. Eat loads of veg and usually LCHF. Any tips out there?
    Well done to everyone. Here’s to onwards and downwards. X

Forgot to say a big thank you to Coda for starting this thread. We are all based around the world but it feels like we are just meeting up for tea/coffee and a chat in a cafe somewhere. You are all very kind people. Thank you. X

Gozo, Malta

Thanks Fuvvie. Back2thefuture congratulations on your coming grandchild at end October. You’ll have someone else to love and cuddle.

Thanks Coda for the challenge which ended yesterday.

Dollybird goodbye until we hear from you again.

Norrie it is possible to reach your target weight. Keep on going and if you persist you will achieve it.

SongBirdMe good for you to be so generous and give blood!

Good luck with your surgery Theo527. God willing everything will turn up well.

Yesterday i fasted until lunchtime then I enjoyed a sushi dinner with my husband and son after coming from hospital and visiting my daughter and new grandson Alexander. I had hot chocolate without cream for dessert. Today is a nfd for me.

It’s an impressive weight loss for the last challenge of you amazing people. Let’s keep on going strong so we ll all achieve our target weight. Onwards and downwards.

I would love to join this thread but not sure about timings/how it works! I started the diet on Thursday and have a lot to lose as I am 196lb! I would like to get to 154. I am in the North of England. Any help much appreciated!

Gozo, Malta

Hello Poppy5641 welcome on board. You just have to post everyday here with what is happening with your fast diet and your weight and exercise. It’s very easy to stay motivated here. We’re all in the same boat.

Bonus starts today.

Hi all UK day 1 counting up to phase 2 bonus part

I will stop doing my happy dance for a moment to type!!

Songbird – I won’t start a new thread as this is just an add on to phase 2 – if DebbieQ wishes to start a new thread for Challenge Phase 3 she can – her decision. So we will continue to post here.

Poppy5641 – welcome, everyone starts somewhere, rules are simple – post each day (it shows commitment) start your post with the day we are on (ha ha a little confusing at this moment I know) if you click on my name and look replies created you can read my posts which may help. We are just keeping time at the moment counting up to the bonus part of this challenge which begins in earnest Monday 8 August Day 14 – counting down to Zero when the bonus part ends. This is a very supportive group and you will soon get to know everyone. Use the count up as a time to ask questions and someone somewhere around the world will get back to you. So think of the next few days as a warm up.

Now drum roll………….. After my first extended fast (last eating on Thursday 2pm) I weighed in this morning at 11st.8.25lbs or 162.25lb YEAH I DID IT – I have broken through that mental barrier of 11.9. This is the lowest I have been in at least 10 years when I had joined Slimming World – then it all went back on. It is now the lowest point on my tracker – Poppy5641 use the track on this site as it gives you an overall picture of your journey. I also recommended to others to take a picture at the beginning (only for your eyes) and take measurements as the scales don’t alway show what is going on.

It was funny when I first got up this morning I had that winnie the pooh feeling but after my water and lemon it passed – amazing. But I have broken my fast with a small bowl of porridge, handful of blueberries and a nectarine chopped up with some natural yogurt and a teaspoon of honey – delicious but I am full!

So the journey continues – set your interim goal (Poppy5641 rather than look at the big picture of your ultimate goal break it down to little goals -say by the time the bonus starts on 8th August you want to be 4 lbs lower then baby steps along the way. Every journey starts with the first step.

Also Poppy5641 are you able to incorporate some HIT exercise (high intensity exercise) this can be simple everyday tasks – do you have stairs – go up as safely and as fast as you can then walk down – do this 5 times and build up. If you walk pick a point like a lamp post or garden gate and speed up as fast as you can until another point. Do this as you walk along or maybe just as you walk along swing your arms. Any task you do that you can speed up for a small period will help.

Now to get back to my happy dance lol

Gozo, Malta

Congratulations Coda. Way to go! So happy for you. Your sons must be very proud of you.

UK day 1 NFD today and looking forward to a friends 50th meal tonight have already chosen from the menu so just need to keep track of the drinks, aims for this challenge get into the 140lbs – and stay there ! Keep up on my exercises but work on upper body strength – my press ups are pathetic , lastly but most importantly keep making healthy choices and enjoy life . Looking forward to this next phase with you all x

Surrey UK…Day 30 Last day, and first of the countdown…or up…Coda thank you for the use of the Big Stick! You are right of course, I got caught up in the disappointment, and thought I must look rather selfish to moan, when many others have simply got on with it. So that is what I will do. Have to thank you all and I say this is a wonderful group of people and I hope everyone stays! The important thing is feeling so much healthier and more active. I did weigh again this morning after yesterday’s fast day, and now the scale says 98.8 kg. That is a big drop from the day before, and what it shows me is not to take the scale too seriously.
    Coda thank you again and of course I will carry on with whatever comes!

End of challenge weigh in

Weight: start of challenge 79.2
    Today. 77.3
    BMI: start of challenge. 25.6
    Today. 25
    Waist to height ratio: 0.55
    Today. 0.52
    Bust: start of challenge. 109
    Today. 106
    Waist: start of challenge. 96
    Today 91
    Hips: start of challenge. 113
    Today 109

Can’t wait to keep going with these challenges, it really works for me, when i waver it helps me get right back on track.
    Congratulations everyone and Thanks Coda.

US SE Day 1 – Coda… reporting a 6lb loss for the bonus challenge. Extremely happy with that. Regarding the September challenge… I think I’ll probably start a new thread as you did for the bonus. We have so much activity on the boards that they would just get absolutely huge! The basic format you created has worked so well for everyone that I don’t see much point in changing it unless others would like to.. so I think checking in each day is something that we will continue to do as I do believe (and certainly in my case) it keeps us on our toes. If anyone has any suggestions on what we can add to it I’d love to hear it.. it’s hard to improve on perfection ๐Ÿ˜Š I have very large shoes to fill!

Day 1 USA (Illinois)

Starting new challenge with a NFD. This will be a busy week with a big concert I am directing coming up next Sunday, Aug 7. Final rehearsals and preparations, but I am up to the task with my new weight loss! I am going to look at the calendar and decide on my fast days shortly.

Coda, this has been a terrific way to share in community caring and concern. Thank you so much for your administrative abilities and support!

Gozo, Malta

Thanks DebbieQ please count me in for the September Challenge.

Ha ha Anna6 you haven’t finished with me yet I will be chasing you with my big stick until 22 August.

Thank you all for your kind words I feel really humbled but as I have said before it is you that shows the commitment, it is you that has to walk the walk even if life gets in the way.

Norrieb if we can’t come on here and have moan where everyone has at one point been in exactly the same place – where could we go?

Medals awarded tomorrow all being well.

Day 1 – USA – NFD

I started the challenge at 161.0 lbs. Today I’m 156.6. So 4.4 lost. My weight loss slowed some the last two weeks. I think I got a little loose with my NFDs. I’ll have to watch it more carefully. But I’m happy with the loss! Feels great to be doing something that is actually working.

Congrats for sticking it out everyone!! We did great! Thanks for everything, Coda!
    I’m looking forward to completing the bonus challenge.

Day 1, Quรฉbec
    NFD

Bonne journรฉe x

Coda… many congrats on breaking that barrier. I had one in mind for this challenge but didn’t make it. I’m hoping I will by next week.

US, Day 1, nfd.

Not only did I not lose during the July challenge, but I gained a pound. 121.3 this morning. The step counter app on my phone tells me I should be 111. That’s insane. Still sticking with my goal of 118.

This morning’s breakfast. Chickpea flour pancakes and coffee. Since I ate late, I think I’ll just skip lunch and go straight into dinner, which will be grilled pork and veggies.

Son #2 got great news yesterday. His summer internship boss already invited him to go speak to HR about next summer.

Day 1 Los Angeles. I do not pretend to understand how this part of our “counting up” challenge is set up, but that’s just fine — I will figure it out by observing everyone else as we go along. It really makes little difference to me, since I am committed to (1) 5:2 all the way, and (2) this lovely group of people. See you tomorrow . (And big congratulations to Coda!)

Day 1 Minnesota, US NFD
    Congratulations Coda…..I never doubted for a minute that you would break through that barrier! I hope you enjoy it thoroughly.
    Welcome Poppy. ๐Ÿ˜„
    Great news, K-Lo! We are happier for our children’s achievements than for our own, don’t you think? You must be feeling quite proud, deservedly.
    Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Day 1: Gloucestershire (Cotswolds) UK: Non-fast day.
    Well done Coda….you did it….also, so did I (Yippee)! Over 36-hours, water only. Three times now.
    Lost 7 pounds on this challenge, making 21 down since 1st May. Now only about SIX pounds to go to a target not seen for over 25 years when I was in my mid-late thirties.
    Thanks for the challenges….it’s made all the difference.
    Poppy, welcome. Joining this thread will be the best move you ever made.

Hey Ciren2, BIG congratulations to you! Wow!! on that weight loss to date, and enjoy your triumph!

One more thing.
    Coda, congratulations for breaking the barrier. You must be very proud of yourself. What a good feeling after all the efforts.

California, USA day 1. Weight loss for the past challenge remains 1/2 pound even though I had pork chow mien last night. Boy did I crave salt last night. Guess my body needed salt after being sick for 24 hours. I feel sooooo good today and have gained a new focus for this next challenge. Today will be a NFD and will focus on making healthy choices. I didn’t have my head in the right place for the past challenge and made poor choices on NFD. I gained 3 lbs then lost 3.5 lbs. I don’t wish a 24 hour bug on anyone, but it has helped me to regroup and really think about what I am putting in my body. I really do not have an appetite right now but it is early.

Coda: Congratulaions on breaking the barrier, and thank you for your service and support to this thread. I finally understand the numbering of the days for the next challenge and have my calendar marked.

Wish g a great weekend to all!!

Bonus Day 1, FD, India

Congratulations to all on their weight loss!! It is so encouraging to read such victories! And encouraging to see people hanging in there in case of weight gains and plateaus. Really motivating.

Was able to manage just one FD this week, and I have never fasted on a weekend, but did it today to add another FD. Went well. Never able to control my hunger beyond lunch time. Managed 505 calories today. Waiting for the scales to move!

Gozo, Malta

K-Lo congratulations for your son s achievement. You are one proud mum.

Coda I’ll love you chasing me with your big stick. Haven knows I need it from time to time. I don’t know if I’ll still stick to 4:3 next week maybe 5:2.

My daughter and her baby are coming straight from hospital to Gozo to stay for a month with us. This afternoon I stocked the freezer with meat and fish and made general menus for next week. She is having blood transferred to her tomorrow as her hemoglobin is low. She needs to recoperate while taking care of her baby.

I’ll enjoy taking care of her together with my nine month grandaughter next week. That will keep me busy.

For those who haven’t lost any weight this week remember you have to keep on going and it gets more difficult to lose weight nearer target weight.

Enjoy Saturday everyone.

DebbieQ: Regarding the September Challenge, which I think you will be doing. Is it for the whole 30 days? Makes sense, then all we need to know is the date to know which day we are on.

Hi Ciren2… Yes, I agree… it makes sense to do the whole 30 days! At the end of this bonus round I’ll start a spreadsheet and take roll call for September.

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! Day 3 for me so won’t weigh myself until Wednesday. My daughter moved house today so lots of cleaning, carrying etc! All adds to the exercise! Did first fast day Thursday and 2nd one will be Monday. Well done Coda you have done amazingly well! Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Australia Day 2 Bonus NFD well I had the best NFD Saturday ever since starting 5:2. If I can control my eating on weekends I will have cracked this challenge! Well done to everyone on their weight losses, welcome to Poppy and see you again soon MerryMe.

Day 1: Pacific NW USA (traveling), 16:8 NFD {Poppy – welcome! We post the day of the challenge so Coda can keep our daily posts straight on her spread sheet, just copy the number that everyone else us using till it makes sense, July 30 is Day 1 of this count up, July 31 is Day 2 etc. I see you’ve gotten lots of good advise from your question in General Health. Good benefits will abound!}

My weights and measures for Phase 2 – 30 day challenge:

Weight: I am using a mini travel scale which I calibrated before I left home but it does seem to vary a bit, as do all darn scales, but I weighed myself 3 times today, averaged those and subtracted a pound and I made my 1st weight goal of being under 200 lbs!!!! Total – down 12.6 lbs for Phase 2 (I have a long “weigh” to go to my long term goal and I know the increments will get smaller the closer I get but 5:2 has really given me the best start ever!!!)

BMI: from 31.4 to 29.5 (gleefully overweight, not obese any more!)
    Waist to height: from 58 to 54
    Waist: down 2.5 in.
    Hips: down 2 in.
    Bust: down .5 in.
    Neck: down .5 in.

I will be so glad to continue getting the support and advise from you wonderful co-challengers and know Coda’s virtual stick has been very important to our new WOL!

Hi backtothefuture. Thanks for the warm welcome! So am I effectively Day 1? I havent done measurements just weight. Do I need to do both?

Austin in Nashville- Day 1

On the road home. Stopping in Nashville for a family visit n some home cooked food. Definitely Not fasting today.

Gozo, Malta

Hi Poppy5641 it’s better to have your measurements at the start of the challenge. Good night.

Day 30.. UK…Yorkshire

NFD

Yes, Poppy, you are on Day 1 of this challenge (even though it may differ from how many days you’ve actually been on 5:2).

If you use the Your Tracker (top upper right on this page) you can Make an Entry as often as you like and you can see the measurements that are tallied there. It will give you some nice stats as you progress and also will give you a nice graph. (Don’t forget to Save after your entry.)

You can also add info about yourself, if you want, under Your Profile. That’s where I read about your question and the responses you got. You can also click on anyone’s name in this thread and it will take you to their profile, favorites and replies.

Ahhh! Much clearer now! Thank you! I will do that! FD tomorrow for me so I will take the measurements and post them tomorrow. Thanks so much! Sorry for appearing dim! Bear with me LOL!

Confusing I know this counting up and then down. I just wanted to keep you all on board until our mini challenge aka phase 2 bonus lol. You’ll thank me at the end ha ha.

Poppy you will soon catch on so don’t worry x

So let’s concentrate on August. Have you taken another photo and set your next interim goal. My one is 11st.3lb it would be nice to reach before i go on holidays. England for 1st week and then off to portugal for a week ๐Ÿ˜Ž or maybe even ๐Ÿ‘™ lol

Day 1 UK.
    Nfd a good day kept under tdee.

well done coda !

Vacation on August 12… 119 solid by then?

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 2: Welcome Poppy. Well done having the courage to join in. I lurked for the majority of the 42 day challenge and was only game to sign up when the new challenge came along. Fortunately there are several really marvellous threads and I feel comfortable chatting with people all over the place now. But I have been given the confidence to express myself and it really helps. These groups help keep me grounded and I wish you all the best because Coda and her satellites keep an eye on things and show empathy and compassion allowing us to move forward.
    Here’s the thing. I’ve got to the point in my journey where I’m getting a level of satisfaction from my weight loss. So I allowed myself some sausage rolls and bread roll, mashed potatoes and liqueur yesterday. Result? Pitting oedema back in my legs and weight gain on the scales. 108.0 kgs this morning. I told my daughter I was going to try and do a back to back fast to bring it down. She had a little rant at me in a loving way, saying I shouldn’t be so tough on myself as then it becomes too unsustainable. “Just cut out your grains and sugar Mum. You do your 2 or 3 fasts a week. It will go”. So Coda, you are not the only one with a big stick๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’ž 70 kgs. Here we come๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ I wish those horses were facing the other way!! Only 38kgs to go! I’ll take 3kgs for this phase I hope.

Ireland day 1 nfd….good luck to all on the bonus challenge

Viewing 50 posts - 1,701 through 1,750 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.