4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,651 through 1,700 (of 2,659 total)

• Gozo, Malta

This morning I weighed myself and registered 1.6 kilos loss since last week. Total loss from 1 July is 3.6 kilos and since 6 June when I started fasting 7.5 kilos. So happy.

I’m busy today but will catch up on posts later today or in the evening.

Happy Friday everyone.

The Netherlands – Day 29 (non-fast day)

Gozo, Malta

Thanks for your wishes HannaWatto and Minimee.

Day 29..UK…Yorkshire

NFD

1 pound off

Hi all – if you have done your final weigh in let me know the result for Phase 2 and I will add the total up.

Dollybird – thank you and hope you will drop in from time to time to say hello and let us know how you are doing.

I am having a winnie the pooh bear moment – I have a rumbley tum lol! But staying strong because – we are stronger than we seem.

Wasn’t sure if I spelt ‘rumbley’ correctly so looked up Winnie the Pooh to see if I could check it. Here are a couple of quotes to take away with you at the end of this phase that I feel are very appropriate to us all on this journey. BTW didn’t find rumbley but I am sure you know what I mean lol

Life is a journey to be experienced not a problem to be solved.

Rivers know this – there is no hurry. We will get there one day.

for the ones in this group who experienced a recent loss – this one is for you.

How lucky we are to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

Lots of hugs to all my virtual friends who have joined me and stuck with it so far. xo

Australia – Day 29 final day of challenge 🙂

No loss this week 🙁 But I did have a decent loss the last 3 weeks so no complaining.

For this challenge:

Starting weight: 77.8kg Current weight: 74.6kg Total loss for challenge: 3.2kg

Starting bust: 99cm Current bust: 94cm Total bust lost: 5cm
    Starting waist: 92cm Current waist: 89cm Total waist lost: 3cm
    Starting hips: 112cm Current hips: 105cm Total hip lost: 7cm

Ireland day 28 fd day 29 nfd

Cannot believe I didn’t check in yesterday…hardest fast day to date as I’m still not back in my proper sleep pattern but hopped on the scales this morning and even though I know my scales weighs heavier than the one I began my challenge on I’m showing a 9lb weigh loss…starting weight was 216.8 and scale this morning says 207.2….very happy and looking forward to the extension of this challenge to see where it takes me.

Coda Thank you for taking the time to set this challenge up and your constant
    encouragement this has been such a positive and certainly, where eating
    habits are concerned, life changing experience for me. I really
    appreciate all your hard work

To all my virtual friends here, I may not have commented or mentioned names but reading your life stories over the past 4 weeks have made me smile and cry in equal amounts….I have loved being a part of this and look forward to continuing this journey with you in the coming weeks.

Surrey UK Day 29……I didn’t fast yesterday, in fact I went overboard and it shows on the scale. I just wanted to check. So it is quite disheartening, and if it weren’t for this thread and reading everyone’s posts, I would probably have gone back to old habits, so thank you everyone. I have to remember that this is a long term goal and I need to reset my commitment to this way of life.
    So I am fasting today, and will have the last weigh in tomorrow morning. I think at this point only full disclosure will help. I am quite ashamed of myself, and the weight I got to. On 27th May I weighed 108.4 kg. Last week I weighed 99.2 kg, and this morning I weighed 100.3 kg. My goal weight is 75 kg. I wonder if I will ever manage it? It seems like a universe away…I don’t even know if it is possible at the age of 71.

Hi NorrieB – off course it is possible – like the river you will get there – what is the alternative – throw in the towel? No off course not. Ok look at the bigger picture on 27th May you weighed 108.4 kg now you weigh 100.3 kg that is a drop of 8 kgs!!! Remember do you celebrate the total loss or give up at a slight gain – also remember the scales are fickle and not always a true reflection. It’s not as though you are back to where you started. So just pick yourself up and just keep doing it – you still have the bonus part of this Phase to redeem yourself. Don’t think of the end goal but the next interim goal say 98 kg or do what I do and write down in -500g increments and put the date beside when you achieve it. Use this tracker if you are not already. Think of this as a very kindly kick up the behind lol meant with the best possible intentions. x

Also for those that over compensated their eating and weighed the next morning – does anyone know when food converts to fat or is the gain short term in the terms of food in transit or water retention. Please, please get things into perspective – a little blip is not the end of the world so don’t beat yourself up, put it behind you and move on – just make sure these are pleasures to be savoured occasionally and you won’t go far wrong.

Croatia, Day 29, FD
    Weight: 79Kg

Results of the challenge:
    The highest weight-143.8
    The lowest 137.4
    Last month average 143.5; this challenge Average 140.4
    Lost 3.1 lb.
    Not bad!
    This challenge I had 14 days when my weight was under 140. It is still very unstable and i need to stick to fasts to keep it below. 🙂

Norrie B, It is possible. My mom is 70 and she lost a lot of weight. She lose when stick to the fasts, and gain when does not resist “something sweet for tea”. Even with some steps back, overall she is losing, and she is feeling so much healthier and younger. Don’t give up, just continue, and eventually you will see your magic number on your scale. 😀

Day 29 – NH, USA

My goal…to be below 140 at the end of this challange.
    My weight today….140.0. How typical of me. LOL
    Honestly, I’m still very happy seeing that number as it has been, at least, 18 years since I’ve been this size and my goal of losing 50 pounds is now only 13 pounds away. I’ll take 140 lbs all day long. So for the month of July, despite the ups and downs, I lost a total of 4.3 pounds. Yay me.

Thanks for letting me be involved in this.

UK 29 fd

Just after 2pm – Still going strong – how are my fellow extended fasters doing?

Good results so far coming in – well done!

US, Day 29, NFD. Good fast day yesterday, except for too much wine at dinner.

Weight is the same Day 1 to Day 29, with blips up and dips down over the course of the month. All good.

Day 29. Wisconsin, USA. FD. I am in the upper 140’s still, and hope to stay there. Thanks for all the insight encouragement. IT has been GREAT!

Day 29 USA (Illinois)

This has been a terrific challenge for me. NFD today – yesterday’s FD went very well. Over the 4 weeks I have lost 4 lbs. Started 169.5 today 165.4. I still would love to be at 160 or even under. I like losing a pound a week. That seems very sustainable for me even though the fasts can be a bit hard to manage for days I am not so busy.

I don’t think I ever mentioned this to our group, but I give blood every 6 weeks. The last time I gave, I was NOT careful with myself and ended up in the ER for a few hours getting an IV solution. I give again today, so I am making sure NOT to have any alcohol for 24 hours afterward (ONE glass of wine with dinner on a pretty empty stomach, plus fried fish did not agree with me, I vomited, I fainted, people were worried I was having a heart attack, went to the ER).

You all have had some great stories to share, and I thoroughly have enjoyed our blogging. Thank you Coda, for doing all the hard work and support! I loved the quotes from Winnie the Pooh – terrific!

Day 29, Gloucestershire,(Cotswolds)UK: Fast-day.
    Coda: Hey there….just got home from work….doing fine so far. Water only since 2pm yesterday. Until breakfast tomorrow, which will be about 5.30am as I have an early start tomorrow. WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER.
    Micky42: You too? 36 hours?

Hi Ciren2 – we are on track!! I made a bone broth last night for my dinner – I had put vegetables in after I had the stock but then strained it once they were cooked and added salt and lots of pepper – it tasted amazing!! Having that for tonight as well. So far lots of water and one cup of coffee. I am not sure when I will break this fast as I usually don’t eat breakfast on Saturday and I can’t decide what to break it with. Maybe break tradition and do that porridge recipe with grated apple that someone suggested – but not sure at this point. Could I last until I meet my pop for lunch??

Ontario
    Day 29
    non fast day
    had good fast day yesterday, just light evening meal. Blood work this morning, and did weigh myself and have gained a pound! So I did not gain or loose for the whole month. Very disappointing. But hopefully my A1C count is down. I did not measure myself so maybe I have lost an inch or two…
    I will keep on keeping on though
    and am doing a 16 8 today

Day 29, Los Angeles. Ciren2 and Coda, you were stronger than me yesterday — though I kept to my 480 cal FD, I had my hardest FD ever yesterday and found it impossible to stick with liquids only. Good job congratulations to you, and to everyone still on this bandwagon.

I’m still not clear on how to reckon the next days of this challenge and the next ones, but I will just join the new ones as they come along. Thanks to Coda for being such an inspiring, supportive, and generous leader for so long here. Thanks too to those who will be picking up Coda’s work as we all move forward.

Everyone is reporting their challenge results today — so happy for everyone. It’s so nice, and cool, to know I’m part of this world-wide group of determined and encouraging people. I thought we were going to report our final results tomorrow, with today being the last (29th) day. But if we are doing it today: I am down 4 lbs from my starting weight on July 1 — not quite my 5 lb goal for this challenge, but I’m pleased. (But all my yo-yoing makes that number a bit suspect — if I calculate my loss based on my weight as of June 30, I’m actually down by 6 lbs!) My overall loss since starting 5:2 on March 14, 2016 is 26 lbs, and I’m thrilled. Onward!

IMPORTANT NOTICE/AVIS IMPORTANT/AVVISO IMPORTANTE/VAŽNA OBAVIJEST/NOTÍCIA IMPORTANTE/BELANGRIJKE MEDEDELING

Remember all – No excuses for those that are continuing – Saturday 30th is day 1 – we will have a count up on the days leading to Monday 8 August which becomes day 14 and we begin our count down to the end of the bonus for Phase 2. Phase 2 will end on Monday 22 August as day ZERO.

Mickey42 – if you are doing a fast day today post results tomorrow. It all depends on whenever your last fast day is. I will post tomorrow.

Coda, wait…counting up an down? I’m baffled.

Ha Ha this is to keep you on your toes. Yes we are going to count up to when the bonus starts on the 8th august and count down to Zero when it ends (22nd). I suggest you mark it into a calendar. This was really all to keep you on board and to get the little grey cells working along with your muscles. So think of Monday 8th August as the beginning of Phase 2 bonus but to keep you in the swing of it all we will count up to when it begins. Everyone got it?

Baffled, yes, me too. I will just put what everyone else puts on their posts. 🙂

Micky42 you don’t get rid or me so easily I will be chasing you all with my big stick until 22 August lol. By that time DebbieQ, who will be stepping up to the plate for September will maybe have details of the next Phase. After that the baton passes to JFitzy for our October Phase. So if any of you have ideas and would be willing to have a go, feel free to put your hand up. Sometimes a different person brings a new energy.

lol

Saturday 30th – day 1
    Sunday 31st – day 2
    Monday 1st August day 3

do you get the picture – this is the warm up to the bonus part of phase 2.

So Friday 5th is day 7
    Saturday 6th is day 8
    Sunday 7th is day 9

The bonus begins Monday 8th and is day 14 and we will count down to Zero. As I say best to mark it into a calendar. To be honest it doesn’t matter if you don’t count up just keep going until Monday 8th when the bonus starts in earnest.

I promise not to confuse you all in future ha ha!

If I go back to June 15th I have lost 2 pounds….but I do keep yoyo ing??
    so best if I just say since July 1 I have remained the same.

Aah right….so tomorrow is day 1….that is Saturday. I will weigh and report tomorrow as today I am fasting. Last day of this July Challenge, right?

Day 29: Pacific NW USA, trying another liquid FD (if I fdon’t get too lightheaded again) to be followed by my Phase 2 weigh-in and report tomorrow!

All you amazing Coda Counters are all winning in so many ways. As I read your posts I realize how varied the results have been but with one underlying truth, no matter the ups or downs, the 12’s or 24’s or 36’s, we have all gained in awareness that has increased our power to improve our health, our future and our resolve to be our best selves! And it’s been so much fun to do it together!

I’ve got the numbers on my calendar, Coda, see you next on Day 1.

That’s a fun twist on this Coda! I will unfortunately have to bow out of part 2 as I will be having surgery next month. I will be ready to jump in for the challenge after this one. <3

Hello everyone!

For me were four weeks without much loss, 2 lb (0.5 kg), but the important thing is to persist, more than two years has moments that your body wants to fix this weight and then download again, we must have patience and go in front.

LS quite understand your feelings … I’m also a fan of Dr. Jason Fung!

Hugs to all, Brazil and the Olympics !!!

Theo527 thanks for letting me know. All the best for the surgery and don’t be a stranger pop in and let us know how you are x
    B2TF – excellent

I started this challenge at 158.6 (72.1 kg) and today I weighed 151.8 (69 kg), so a total loss of 6.8 pounds (3.1 kg). A BIG thank you to this amazing group, for sharing your life here.. giving motivation, positive vibes, good news, and sharing your sadness also here.. to show us that despite God testing us every now and then, we can win. We all are amazing.. sticking out till the end is in itself commendable!!

For the bonus days, I am setting a very decent target of 2 pounds.. I want to see myself below 150 lbs.. Amen!! 🙂

Day 29 Cornwall UK.
    On this last day of the challenge I am still the same as at the beginning.I make no excuses I’ve not been as committed as on the first challenge. I am thankful to be at the the same weight, old eating habits I would have put it all back on again! So that has to be the positive! I know 5.2 wol works and I know how much better/ fitter I feel.

My daughter has announced her wedding plans next year in October, she has alot of weight to lose so we are going to continue this journey together.

I thankyou Coda for starting these challenges, for your support and kindness.

Thankyou to all my ‘pen friends’ who are on this journey with all the ups and downs, laughter and tears! The support, motivation and kindness that has been shown on this thread has been amazing and uplifting.

I will spend this next few days before the next challenge getting my act together and truely refocus . Monday is my next fast day and my daughter is joining me.

Good luck one and all, keep on keeping onwards and DOWN!

Day 29 – USA – NFD

I will weight tomorrow, as that has always been my weigh day. Had a good week until last night. Went out to dinner with some ex-coworkers that I haven’t seen in a long time. I looked up the menu ahead of time and chose an entree that wasn’t too bad, but I also had a salad and bread and a couple of light beers. Ugh, it really adds up! So I was over for the first time in a while. I hope it doesn’t ruin the results for my last week! But if I don’t lose, at least I had a good time and without the fasts, I would have gained!

I’m ready for a nice weekend. Hope you all have one too!

Need to vent…. Want to know why we gain weight? Because some brilliant marketing genius thinks THIS is a good idea.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/taco-bell-testing-out-burrito-stuffed-cheetos-n619946

I know no one is forcing anyone to buy it, and I sure wont, but in what universe should anyone buy this for their children?

Friday 29.7.2016. Fast day

The results:

Starting weight: Final weight:
    84.3 Kg 79 Kg
    BMI:25.4 23.8
    Waist: 91 cm 82 cm
    Hip:95 cm 91 cm
    Bust: 100 cm 90 cm
    Neck: 40 cm 37 cm

The cut was good, main goal was cutting weight, so calories in vs calories out. For the next phase on non fast day i’ll try to eat at least 100 g of protein every day.
    Cottege cheese, boiled eggs every day.

K-lo – profit before health.

Day 28 Minnesota, USA Final day of challenge

Doing a FD today since I went over yesterday. That will make only 7 FDs for me since 7/1. Week of Grandkids visit I only managed 6:1.

Weighing in officially, anyway. Down 3 lbs since July 1, or 4 lbs if I go from June 30th, like Mickey42. Lots of ups and downs in the past 4 weeks. July included a major holiday ( the 4th), and two weeks of vacation, so I’m really pleased that I ended with a loss, despite my splurges and fluctuations.

Congratulations to every one who feels their challenge was a success. And to the rest of you who are not as pleased, remember this is not a race or a competition, except with ourselves. Just look at the ups and downs reported by so many people, and don’t get discouraged by those numbers on a scale of a week or two ( Looking at you, NorrieB). Just stick with it as best you can, learn from any mistakes or binges, and keep in mind that even when the scale isn’t showing it, there are changes happening in your body for the better.

Neostaford – well done.

I am still on course with my liquid fast!

Great job, Coda! With both your liquid fast, and with the two challenges that you have lead us through since May. I feel like being a part of the challenges, especially in May when I had just started 5:2, has helped me to establish this WOL as a true foundation for a healthier life moving forward. I truly believe that. I’m so grateful to have found that challenge when I did, and to you for starting it!

Oops! Apparently I can’t count when I’m fasting! Day 29. Sorry!

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 1: 107.5 kgs: have not lost weight past 2 weeks although I was down to 106.2 a few days ago. Just can’t tolerate the carbs. Measurements: bust 115.5->114.0cm;
    waist 113.0->109.5; hips 120.5->114.5
    Neck 38->37.7cm. So continuing change. Hope to get under 105.0kgs over the next 4 weeks. Now walking more. Thank you Coda for being so supportive and to all 41-42 other fellow like minded travellers. It has turned this journey from a frustrating angry fight with the scales to a celebration of each little victory and shared compassion for the blips along the way. I can’t thank you all enough.

Hi all just before I say goodnight. Results so far for some have been good for others the results are maybe not where you would want to be. But that is ok because you will be more determined to continue. When I look back at my tracker there was a period just àfter christmas that I started to go back up. I just couldn’t get a handle on it. Yet here I am still trying and have started on a downward trend once again. I feel strong at the moment I feel I could do anything but it was a few weeks ago I hit a rocky patch and I felt weak. This is a learning curve – the road is not always going to be easy but when you have the wind on your back and the sun on your face – make the most of it. There will be a time when you have to button down the haches and ride out the storm. These are the times you need support and to you guys – I thank you. So while I feel strong I hope I can help others get through their storm (Norrieb) cus I may need your help in a week or so. Nite x

K-lo,

When you need to increase profits there are only two ways to do it. You reduce your overheads or you sell more product. I think the market space is slowly changing and people have just “had enough crap” fed down their throats. This means that the fast food industry’s patronage is starting to shrink. This means the fewer and fewer customers are having to buy more and more to keep the profits going up. Just like the local drug peddler that gives away free samples big food is giving away $1 food samples full of fat, carbs and salt to get people hooked.

Australia Day 1 Bonus NFD – bad news from the physio yesterday. I have done too much too soon and am continuing to aggravate my knee so have to stop walking for a few mer weeks. So frustrating. Good luck with this bonus stage all and well done to those on their first 36 hour, liquid-only fasts – doesn’t it feel empowering!

Final Day…
    On a quick weekend trip, visiting family in Indiana.
    Final results: started this leg of Challenge at 147 lbs. Now I’m weighing 145.5. Not stellar, but quite happy that progress is going downward!!

(Also, many thanks for all the support & well wishes regarding my crooked, cruddy feet. You guys are the best!)

Wanted to add, even though it was a small loss on this challenge round, I’ve lost 11 lbs altogether so far.

Am feeling so much healthier & energetic these days!!

Many thanks to Dr. Michael Mosley for 5:2, Dr. Jason Fung for “the obesity code” & intensive dietary management .com, and Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt on diet doctor.com for more info on LCHF healthy eating.

And, mustn’t forget thanking Coda for putting these Challenges together for us!!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,651 through 1,700 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.