4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,601 through 1,650 (of 2,659 total)

• Day 28.. UK..Yorkshire

Fast day today

Gozo, Malta

My grandson Alexander was born an hour and a half ago. He is well and healthy. My daughter is well trying to breast feed him. I’m so happy everything went well.

Will eat cannelloni for lunch and then fast day after lunch time today till lunchtime tomorrow. I hope it counts as a fast day.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Italy Day 27 – NFD

Was going great, well within my TDEE when friends came round and i may have over done it on the old vino! But shouldn’t have gone too far over

The Netherlands – Day 28 (fast day)

My second fast day this week.

Dorset UK Day 28/28

Thats me finished and off on my hols!

The aim was to lose 5.5lbs.
    I didnt achieve it, but I did lose 3.5lbs 🙂
    Lost 1inch off waist and hips and 2% fat.

If I hadnt been as relaxed on NFDs as I had been in the later half of the month, I would have hit my target! Never mind, at least I know what went wrong 😉

Im away camping for 2 weeks now, so checking in will be hit and miss whilst we are on our count down to the bonus challenge.

Good luck to everyone on their weigh ins tomorrow.

Kay x

Day 28 – NH, USA

Congrats Anna! Welcome to the world little Alexander.

NFD for me today and I’m very excited for my weigh in tomorrow; I hope I make my personal goal.

I went a little over yesterday (extra FD for me) but kept it under 600 calories.

Have a great day everyone.

USA, Texas, I screw up the fast yesterday, so trying to fast today instead. Still below 140. 🙂

Anna6 – Congratulations with grandson arrival!! Fast recovery and best wishes to your daughter.

Hi All UK day 28 NFD but gearing up from lunch time after a lovely mixed salad with feta cheese for lunch to begin the longest fast I have undertaken. I have prepared some bone broth for tonight and tomorrow will have lots of water with a few coffees thrown in and some more bone broth tomorrow evening. So only liquids until I weigh on Saturday morning. I’ll let you know how I get on but I feel focused at the moment.

Coolcat – you made me laugh as did Dollybird – sitting with a smile on my face – thank you.

Anna6 – Congratulations glad everything is well with Mother and son.

Kay65 – well done you I have taken note of your loss (so far)! I hope you have a lovely holiday and look forward to catching up when you return or if you can post in between.

Isn’t it amazing how everyone is so focused at the end of the challenge (me included off course) if we put the same effort in throughout the challenge just think where we may be. Life gets in the way or we are a bit more relaxed about it all, then reality hits – oh my goodness we only have a week to go – and suddenly we sharpen our focus and increase our effort. Lets try to keep the momentum going as we begin the count up on Saturday 30 (day 1) to the bonus part of phase 2.

Neostaford – you can weigh and post final weight when it suits you – some have a fast day on Friday so will weigh on Saturday others will weigh on Friday and post results then. Well done for getting to another low. How do you feel being (I think) the only male in this group?
    I am toying with doing what you do and weigh and post everyday – I tried weighing everyday before but couldn’t handle the ups and downs and reverted to just once (or twice) a week. I don’t think this tracker takes into an average but rather what you input. I just need to get my head round the variations and as long as there is a downward trend.

Congrats Anna6 – Welcome baby Alexander.

Coldpizza – Good luck on fasting today. And good job staying below 140!

Theo527 – Me too 🙂 Good luck for tomorrow. I hope you get the results you are after!

Kay65 – Good job losing 3.5 pounds! And have fun on your holiday.

Hello Anna6

Congratulations!!

Crack open the champagne and do a mad dance around the kitchen table.

We need to celebrate the good times more.

Cheers

US, Day 28, FD.

I dined out last night with a friend who has a food blog. We needed to taste EVERYTHING. Order EVERYTHING…including two desserts.

Majorly off piste, but the good news is that I know I can slide into fasting a day early to recover. The scale was horrible but instead of being upset, I just said okay, I know what to do. And I am doing it.

Hi Edzeko – is Kayhon away or has is she no longer in the challenge? Just so I know when I update my spreadsheet – thanks x

Coda, you made me laugh. I didn’t know that i’m the only male, it’s very interesting because in my daily job i only work with men. Friday is my fast day so i’ll post my final results on saturday morning. Fast diet tracker helped me to do it. Before i take my dog for a walk, i jump on a scale and do all the measurement.

After having has another clear out – I make it 41 or 42 people (depending on Kayhon) still in the challenge and will carry those names while we count up – Let me know if you don’t want to continue and I can update spreadsheet accordingly. Thanks everyone x

Ontario Day 28
    FD
    had morning walk and will get blood work done bright and early tomorrow

Day 28, Gloucestershire UK: Non-fast day. Succeeded with my 36-hour water-only challenge yesterday. Lovely breakfast of porridge this morning before work. Also, great news, another pound down. Just half a stone from my target weight now.
    NorthernDawn: Yes I do certainly walk more than five miles per day…especially when delivering the mail.
    Anna6: Many congratulations! Alexander, great name!

Gozo, Malta

Thanks for your wishes Theo527, coldpizza, Coda, ETJ, and Dollybird.

Gozo, Malta

Thanks for your wishes Ciren2.

Day 28 Minnesota, USA FD

Congratulations Anna6! I also love the name Alexander. Glad your daughter is doing well.
    Ciren2, good job on liquid only fast!. I would like to do that at some point in the future, just to see if I can, and for the health benefits. You are so close to your goal, now! Good luck to you!
    Hannah, that’s a funny mental picture! I think it could actually happen in IKEA!
    K-Lo, I’m sure you’ll make up for your splurge at dinner. You are a pro when it comes to 5:2. I bet it was a fun evening!
    Have a good day, everybody!

US SE Day 28 FD. Well…. much like Dollybird’s experience… I did fall headfirst into the chewy caramels and followed up with half a bar of milk chocolate… and as icing on the cake found another bag of white cheddar popcorn. So………… am fasting today and maybe tomorrow. Will weigh in on Saturday morning.. we’ll see if I can rectify the damage. Congrats Anna!

Anonymous

Hi all,

Just popped in today to say hi.

My eye fell on your post Anna.

So happy for you that your daughter is okay and now the proud Mum to Alexander. Congrats Grandma Anna!

Also reading some awesome results……..good luck with the final weigh-in!!

Austin in Ohio- Day 28

Fasted yesterday until 4pm but then went out with sister, started drinking tequila and lets just leave out the details and summarize that we had a great time.

Had to eat breakfast this am due to the sensation that tequila was still hanging out with me, but will try to fast the rest of today.

Day 28 USA (Illinois)

FD today. Going to take it easy and do a little around the house. Nothing on my agenda, and that is nice.

Anna – yeah for your new grandson! So happy for your whole family!

DebbieQ – oh how I love cheese popcorn too. Hang in there!

Slim…I believe Tequila has no carbs in it, so good for you!!! LOL I feel like Vodka is in the same category so I will stick with Vodka Martinis when I head out on Satuarday, you know….cause I’m watching my weight. Olives are a source of protein, right?

An excellent link to Dr Jason Fung s new blog, and I wanted to share

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/obesity-is-protective/

Enjoy the worthwhile read

Congratulations on your healthy wee grandson Alexander Anna…so nice 🙂

Gin is carb free too! Olives — good fats!

Day 28 Los Angeles. Congratulations to Anna and your family — lovely news! And congratulations to everyone else still working 5:2 here! Coda it’s my 2d GD of the week today, and like you I’m going to try to go “liquid only” for at least 36 hours to finish up with a bang. We are bosses!

Coda: You and me both. Liquids only until Saturday morning…let’s GO FOR IT. I finished eating at 2pm today.

Day 28 – USA – NFD

I tried my first real “fasted” run this morning. Yesterday was a FD and I ate my 500 calories at about 7pm. I got up very early this morning and ran 3 miles before eating anything. I was curious how I would feel. I felt strange…empty, light. But not really bad. I will likely have to do more running like this, since I run 4 times/week and fast 2 times. They are bound to coincide. So far, it’s fine. I’m very happy about that.

Everyone is doing great! I think I will lose when I weigh on Saturday. At least, I hope so!

Day 28 Cornwall UK.
    Jayney what a relief for you, such fab news. You must celebrate!
    Anna6 – great news congratulations, I hope your daughter and Alexander are both doing really well.
    Fast day today and all went well. I kept busy cleaning and patchwork, then off for a spot of shopping. We got home about 5pm and I was hungry! OH suggested we go for a bike ride ummm needed some more exercise so so did 6.5 miles. I really enjoyed my mushroom omelette with salad!!!
    Do hope the scales are kind to us all who weigh in the morning to finish this challenge !!
    Keep on keeping onwards and down!

Day 28 Sussex, U.K.
    NFD for me. Started off with good intentions then as someone said earlier, life got in the way!
    Congratulations to Anna and her family on the new arrival. Always good to know they got here ok.
    Well done everyone. X

Gozo, Malta

Many thanks to NorthernDawn, Dutch, DebbyQ, SongBirdMe, LS, Micky42, Rocy65 for your wishes. My daughter is doing well though taking morfine for tummy pain and she managed to breastfeed Alexander. She said he was one hungry little baby.

Managed to do half day fasting today and this morning was under my half calories for a day allowed for TDEE.

Today my eldest three year old granddaughter is sleeping with us as her parents are sleeping in a hotel in Malta after going to a musical concert.

Now I have two grandaughters and two grandsons. Three of them under ten months.

Tomorrow is weigh day for me. Good night everyone.

Gozo, Malta

Thanks for your wishes Patti67.

Ciren2 I finished eating about 2pm as well. Had a small bowl of bone broth and stayed strong while making the family dinner. Micky42, Ciren2 we can do this! It’s also nice we are doing this together. I won’t give in if you guys don’t lol. I am wearing my band to ‘keep strong’.
    Dutch nice of you to drop in hope things are good with you?

Lisahawk I run (when I run) on fast days as I love the light feeling.

Italy Day 28 – FD

Pretty good until we went for dinner, but It was planned so not too bad
    Buona notte

Just updated my fast diet tracker and can see even though I have 2 biggish blips in the year (lots of little blips) I never went back up to when I started. So the trend is very much downward. I recommend if you don’t use a tracker give it a go.

Nite nite from this part of the world.

Hi HUGE congratulations Anna and welcome to baby Alexander. And well done Coda and Ciren on the liquid-only fasts. I forgot to put my weight in my check-in post – 80.5 so down slightly.

My mistake 81kgs, down 1kg. Must remember to wear glasses!

Coda sorry but I now can’t see my original check in post for today so here we go again – Australia Day 29 NFD – weighed in and 81kgs down 1kg. Will do my measurements tomorrow. Apologies again for the multiple posts!

Day 29, Québec,

When I weighed this morning I had the nicest surprise to see that I had broken my 130 pounds wall !!! Yes, the scale showed me a beautifull 129,4.

The lowest since about 2 years. So I did it, I reached my objective and I’m very proud of that!

I am sure that the help and support of the group made me succeed. Thank you to each and everyone of you.

When I am sure that this 130 is steady, I will fix a new goal for 125 pounds.

Good night or good morning to you all around our small planet x

US Day 28- FD

Finished my last fast day of the challenge. I’m excited to see measurements tomorrow to see how many inches down!

Day 28 & 29, NFD both, India

Couldn’t post yesterday since hubby came home with viral infection so was busy tending to him. Planned for an FD yesterday but was not feeling well myself also (weather!) so turned into NFD. Had some late night snacks also. It will be NFD today as well, but will try to eat as less as possible.

Anna – huge congratulations! Hope Alexander and his mom are doing great.

I weighed in at 151.8 pounds.. really glad since this is my lowest yet and I had lot of late night snacks and wine as well ;).

Coda – Our final weight in will be considered today or tomorrow?

Sunshine Coast Qld Aus Day 29: O me miserum ! I had planned on having a very controlled NFD yesterday, but must have been very stressed about entertaining. I don’t eat bread anymore, but that didn’t stop me from eating a whole bread roll with avocado at lunch. That was after driving all around the coast buying dog food and bathroom fittings. Then had to pick up the car after having it serviced. $910.00 later, came home. Had a glass of wine. Dinner prepared and had it with my friends including mashed potatoes which I don’t eat anymore. But what can a girl do? It had butter and cream in them which are good fats. The garlic prawns I cooked as a starter were delicious. Then fruit salad and cream. Best rockmelon I have tasted in ages. 2 more glasses of red wine. One of my friends whom I hadn’t seen since last November brought Celebration chocolates. I ate 3 Crunchier bars. Today was my first big binge in ages. Scales this morning said 108.3kgs. Yesterday morning they said 106.3. There ladies and gentleman you have a fine lesson in what overindulgence can achieve🤔😒😳😩 Started on 1st July at 111.0. So that is 2.7kgs lost but I’m hoping that after FD today that it will be a lot better. Still, it’s not to be sneezed at because my overall weight is 15.6kgs lower than when I started in April. I envy those who are now simply overweight rather than obese, and I am morbidly obese, so getting into obese range would be a fine thing. Who would have thought it indeed.
    Congratulations Anna and very warm welcome to Alexander. I love that name. It was my great grandfather’s name. He was a fine Scotsman. I don’t know what w what the origins of the name are but it has a very strong feel to it.
    Dollybird, you had my mother-in-law and myself in fits reading about the “attack”. Thank you so much for that. Next time, go armed. Will start counting up the days tomorrow as hopefully start counting down the kilos. Good luck everyone.

California, USA, day 28. Today was a FD. My friend invited me to lunch unexpectedly. I had a spinach salad with avocado, egg, bacon, artichokes. Used a very small amount of dressing. Hope it was under 500 cals. This evening when making something for OH to eat, I had a sudden onset of nausea. I am accepting it as a blessing. This is the time of day I have difficulty with snacking. I removed myself from the kitchen and laying down as I type this. I am over any desire to eat anything so this nauseated feeling can go ahead and leave now. I am off work the next 3 days and don’t want to be sick. I am hoping the scale continue its downward trend when I weigh in tomorrow. Good night all!

Hi uk day 29
    Well we have reached last day of phase 2 but as you know it’s not over yet!
    Minimee if today 29th is a fd weigh tomorrow but if yesterday 28th was your last planned fd weigh today and post results if you follow x

UK day 29 NFD I’ve lost my “blip” weight so an overall loss of 2lb for this challenge, not brilliant but it’s a loss , going to stay focused during August ,no time to read posts just now have an early Pilates class, so I’ll catch up at the weekend x

Day 28: Pacific NW USA (traveling), NFD

I haven’t been feeling well since yesterday morning after this week’s 38 hour liquid only fast. Headaches, low energy and dizziness yesterday and today when I woke up and never completely gone. I know this will sound weird but sometimes I wonder if it’s possible to relive feelings or experiences you had by burning through the fat cells that were accumulating at that past time. Generally I’ve felt so much more energy since I started 5:2 and these 2 days have reminded me of my days of medications and pain. I’m probably sounding like I’m having throw-back PTSD with this glimpse backward. But I am really still in such a better place. Like NorthernDawn said, we are grateful we can keep up with the grandchildren!

So, through this I ate moderately yesterday and today. Wondering what kind of FD I should have tomorrow to end this challenge? I’ll be posting my results on Saturday (Day 1).

To Que and everyone else who has already posted their weight losses and achievements – Hooray! Well done! Congrats! You rock!

ETJ – thank you so much for the encouragement you give me and all along this journey!

Northern – in spite of what I said above, what you told me is so true, we don’t have to be Granny’s confined to rocking chairs! Even though a rocking chair might have felt good after the beach badminton game with my 11 year old grandson day before yesterday and for you after all your flower planting (100 plants!) this summer! I’m so impressed by you and others who have caught on to 5:2 before your weight got out of control and are so wise to nip it in the bud (that’s for you). You probably started out at the weight I want to be! Thanks for your kind words and advise.

Jayney – Kudos for the good news from your doctor’s visit. Put all that behind you!

Anna6 – new, tiny humans are so wonderful, isn’t it great when our kids keep making them for us to hold??!! I get another one the end of October!

Slimn – be careful drinking on an empty stomach (it’s the mother in me speaking not the party pooper)!!

Northern Spain day 29.
    D Day!!!

Mission completed.
    Down a whole size and fitting easily into my clothes which I had outgrown
    Walked 7 km and did pilates constantly and regularly to such a point that regular excerise is now part of my daily regime.The weight just fell off.
    Feeling fitter and Stronger.
    More importantly, feeling healthier.
    Happy days!!!
    I think I lost 3 to 4 kilos in all.

Coda, thank you so much for organising and overseeing this challenge again. You deserve a huge reward for all the trouble you’ve taken to gently guide us along the way. That big stick you yield is made of sugar and spice!!!
    Thank you to everyone else for sharing your experiences and being open and honest.Your opinions made the journey easier.
    I won’t be continuing with the forum as I have lots of family from Ireland visiting this month and we are also on holidays.
    But I will continue to fast quietly twice a week just to maintain my mental health ( or what’s left of it) as I’ve found that fasting keeps me sharp.

So,wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, may God and the Universe bless you on your journey.

Cheers

Dollybird – thank you for your blessing, I truly felt it! Good luck to you and yours and remember we will be here if you ever want to check in with us!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,601 through 1,650 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.