4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,751 through 1,800 (of 2,659 total)

• Australia – Day 2?

Sorry I missed yesterday. Mum and Dad were visiting and Mum steals my computer, haha. We are having a family BBQ at my brothers farm today. I fasted until dinner yesterday, will fast after lunch until tomorrow morning. Hubby made a delicious beef roast and veg for dinner last night and I made homemade vanilla icecream and apple pie with a puff pastry top> No idea the calories but gosh, it was delicious! lol.

US Day 1- NFD

Quick check in. Good day, stayed under. Good luck everyone!

Croatia, Day 2 Bonus NFD
    Weight – 80 Kg

Italy Day 2 – NFD
    Let myself have a Day off yesterday. I was a real little piggy, but it was possibly a good thing because none of the stuff i had been craving gave me any real satisfaction. The huge white chocolate filled croissant i had literally been dreaming about was nauseating and i didn’t even finish it! Could these foods be losing the power they have over me? Hope so, feeling ready to get back on track and track everything i eat on my fitness pal- that really helps i’m not expert enough to guestimate my calories yet.

Still Day 1: Pacific NW USA (traveling), 16:8 went fine today. Had Lettuce wrap for lunch then beef and broccoli with spiralized zoodles for dinner and just had blueberries and cream for snack, total about 1200 cal.

I looked back in the log book I’ve kept off and on for years and I now weigh less than I did in Sept 2014 but I’m close to where I was exactly 4 years ago. So I think that will be my interim goal – lose 5 pounds in the next 2 weeks (coinciding with my step-son’s wedding).

Patti67 – you bet maintaining is better than almost everyone who’s ever been on a “diet” can claim and you are primed to keep going! Maybe try to not have the sweets in the house in the first place?? I like your analogy of this cyber cafe that we meet in!

CODA – that is a massive accomplishment – you deserve to rest awhile on cloud nine!

NorrieB – I can’t claim to be an expert but I know the weight scale is just an estimate of your success, better yet is the scale of how you feel and how your energy has improved, Keep on keeping on!

Holly – all I can say is WOW for all the downward progress reported in your earlier post and I know it means you are capable of staying on that trajectory!

DebbieQ – in Sept we will gladly follow in your foorsteps so Coda can put her feet up and take a well deserved rest! I like the idea of a new thread and daily reporting. It has probably been the most significant aspect for me because almost everyday I read all the posts and it kept me more mindful and consistent. I can almost cry to think about what it would have been like if I had tried to do this on my own! Yes, my skinny, healthy OH and kids are very loving but only those on this forum know what I’m really going through one day at a time! Thanks for taking up the torch! I’m visualizing our own 5:2 Olympic torch (and for Anaide)!

Day 31… UK…Yorkshire

NFD

2 lb lost over the challenge.

I am ok with that I am nearing my goal so things are slowing down generally.

It’s been a bit of a month with hubby going into hospital and him being unwell for 10 weeks so challenging in its self…so the downward trend is still falling.

Thanks Coda for doing the month…I possibly not been so commited as I would have been.

Good luck to everybody.

Hi uk day 2
    Hope you are all limbering up for the bonus part in our phase 2.
    Haven’t added up the total yet but just wanted to say to those that maybe stayed the same during part one of phase two – look at the overall picture! In my case yes I lost 2 lbs from where I was at the begining of July but it is the achievement of getting below that mental barrier. I was nearly there before Christmas, it has taken a while but I got there in the end. It is the overall picture you have to look at. Don’t lose heart – just keep doing it!
    I hope to start the bonus less than where I am now and give those two weeks my best shot. If we could all make a really big effort for those two weeks to do 2 fast days without going over and eating within our tdee on our nfd’s to see what the results would be. It is only for 2 weeks!

B2TF – I see the signs lol I reckon we have another to lead a challenge?

North of England. Day 2 FD for me. Am still getting my head around what to eat. Am using M M’s book for ideas so am going to have porridge and blueberries later this morning (197 cals) then tuna bean and garlic salad later this evening (255 cals). Don’t think I’m ready to try liquid only just yet! What a great bunch of supportive people I have found here! I am aiming for a 4lb loss by 14th August. Wish me luck!! I have still not measured myself but will do so later this morning. Good luck everyone!

The Netherlands – Day 31 (non-fast day)

It’s the last day of the challenge! My weight was 63.8 kgs this morning!

Total weight loss since 1 July: 3.4 kgs.

Day 2 Gloucestershire, UK. Non fast day. As usual I am enjoying a whole non-fasting weekend. I have to be aware of my habit of overeating on these days though. My downfall…and one which haunts me as I near my goal weight and start thinking about HOW to maintain.
    Poppy5641:…4 pounds down by the 14th…YES, YOU CAN DO THAT! Certainly. Good luck.

Thanks Cirencester 2 and well done fastdutch girl! How much weight have you lost so far Cirencester 2 and over how long? NFD over the weekend sounds like a great plan!

UK day 2 NFD Enjoyed a lovely meal out last night ,enjoyed the wine too but didn’t overdo it and was able to make this mornings early yoga class,FD tomorrow

Poppy: I lost a total of 21 pounds over the Coda challenges which started on 1st May. I am 62 and have been fat for 25 years since I had my daughter. Without this forum, I could not have done it, trust me! I have about 6 pounds to go (my scales are not accurate) so, roughly. I’ve found what works for me, over the challenge…..you will too.

Gozo,Malta

Nfd for me today. I had a mocha this morning 120 calories and I ate only main course meal with the family.

Today I hope to stay within my TDEE.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Day 2 USA (Illinois)

FD for me today. I love that I maintained my loss over the past 2 NFD’s with daughter and 2 granddaughters here. They go home to Utah today, so taking them to O’Hare airport this afternoon.

Ciren2 – congratulations on your 21 pound loss! Doesn’t it feel great to be thinner? Menopause was awful for me (I’m 68) giving me belly fat I never had before. But, it’s waning!

Thanks again, Coda, for your inspiration!

SongBird: I have a similar problem..my arms and neck are in danger of looking scrawny…but my stomach and waist remain stubbornly barrel-like!

US, Day 2, NFD. I did very well on yesterday’s NFD. I spent a good part of it power washing my deck. Then Hubby, son#2 and I went to see the new Star Trek (fun!) and stopped at an Indian place at the food court. I looked at all the food my men were getting and said in horror I can’t eat that much! The man behind the counter said, no problem, take what you want and pay by the pound. What a relief. I got some deliciously spicy eggplant and a small piece of Tandoori chicken. I confess I took a bit of hubby’s roti.

Back into the 120s this morning. Finishing up my coconut oil coffee and off to Pilates.

Day 2, NFD, India

An okay sort of day.. not counting calories so don’t know.. All I know is I had a glass of wine in the evening :).. Will try to have an FD tomorrow.

Day 2 Minnesota, USA NFD Checking in. Have a good Sunday, everyone.

Austin in Memphis- Bonus Day 2

Doing better on road the further i get from mom’s. 😔

Australia Day 3 FD am flying to my brother’s later today to support him for a week. He is really focused on diet and exercise right now so I hope to have a really healthy week even though it will be stressful.

Wow Cirencester 2 that’s great! Hope I can do the same. My day is going well so far. I only had a nectarine since breakfast and am having tuna marinated in soy, ginger, garlic and Spring onion with Barenaked noodles and roasted veg!

Hi Poppy some including me have found that just taking in lots of water and a cup of tea or coffee and saving all fast day allowance for a meal in evening works best. Maybe try it and see. Hunger pangs come in waves and a drink of water and keeping busy will see you through. Don’t worry at this stage about liquids only stick to basics until you gain in confidence.

Day 1… UK Nottingham…

Firstly an apology, I’ve not logged in for a couple of days, been in the Peak District in our caravan and there was no phone or wifi signal!

Anyway I had set mysel a target of ½ stone for the challenge, didn’t quite make it, but still pleased with my 4.6lb loss. I intend carrying on, so will keep posting, fasting and loosing 😃

Sorry Ciren2 my predictive text keeps changing your name! LOL!

Day 2 Cornwall UK.
    What an inspiring group this is! Many have lost weight and those who, like me haven’t are still positive!

I have lost over 1 stone since I started Coda’s challenge on May 1st. Though I didn’t lose any weight during the July phase I did remain the same weight at the end! Knowing that I can keep the weight off and not revert to old eating habits gives me such a boost for the future when I finally reach my end target!

I now know that on non fastdays I must limit bread, potatoes, rice and pasta! Eating lots of fresh veg, good quality protein and not too much fruit.

Non fast day today lots of exercise and kept under tdee, great!

Fast day tomorrow so planning swimming with my daughter and granddaughter! Keeping busy is the key!

Good luck to you all!

Ireland day 2 nfd

Off course today but will make up for it during the week

Italy Day 2 – NFD
    Bit heavy on carbs but within my TDEE. Ready for a really good fast tomorrow.
    Buona notte

Day 2, Québec

This morning started out as a fast day but I didn’t stick to the plan. Had to go to the hospital with hubby and lost control a bit. After blod tests and seing the doctor everything is supposed to be fine. Maybee a bad virus that’s running around here.

Shouldn’t go ober my TDEE.

Wishing a nice week to all. Hugs x

US SE Day 2 – NFD. Quiet day around here. Getting some piecing done for a new quilt. Keeping my hands busy so they don’t go finding things they shouldn’t find in the pantry 😊

Hope your hubby is on road to recovery soon Quebecoise.

Almost 7 days to bonus part of challenge. Now is the time to focus the mind and I want you all to visualise yourself at the end of the challenge attaining your interim goal weight. Keep that picture in your mind as often as you can and certainly as you drift off to sleep. The mind is a very powerful tool. Believe you can and you will – believe you can’t and you won’t.
    I don’t know if any of you are rugby supporters but I once read Jonny Wilkinson was being interviewed after his final kick of the match won England the rugby world cup. They asked was he nervous when taking the kick. He replied no because he had visualised making a successful kick so many times he knew he would get it.
    So you WILL reach your next target and you WILL reach your ultimate goal. Everytime a moment of doubt appears I want you to replace that thought with the picture you made in your mind of achieving your target at the end of the challenge.
    So let’s have an experiment – I want you all to make a target (a relistic one ha ha don’t get too carried away) and I want you all to really visualise the moment when on 22nd or 23rd, depending on your weigh day, you achieve that goal. I want you to think of it in the morning, I want you to think of it when you are brushing your teeth. Every moment I want you to see your success and let’s see how many can reach their goal.

I have already said I want to be 11 st 3 lbs before I go on holidays which is 5 lbs to loose. How much do I want it? Watch this space!

Day 2 – USA – NFD

Busy day today! I’m going to bed now, as I am getting up early in the morning to run. Tomorrow is a FD as well.

I’ll check in tomorrow. Good night!

California, USA day 2. NFD today. Staying within my TDEE today. Tomorrow will be a FD. My goal is to be in the mid 160’s weight range by the 23rd of August. My vacation to Tennessee starts on August 24th. Wishing everyone a successful week.

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 3: listening to Jadon Fung again and have done some meditation this morning. Have to get back on track which means cleaning out the attic of my mind. I love your visualisation exercise Coda. Will take it on board. From where I am today, 108.1kgs,(it’s not only the days that are going up😡) I want to get to 105kgs. I can see it🙄😌👍

US Day 2- NFD

Kept it low cal today and kept busy with crochet and looking at more yarn as if my closet isn’t overflowing. Good luck everyone on your short term goals for the bonus!

Australia – Day 3

I have no idea my target weight for such a short period of time. I have found that there isn’t a correlation between what I do on high loss weeks and what I do on no loss weeks. I think our bodies sometimes need time to adjust to weight loss. I suppose 73kg’s would be a good target for 18 days which is a 1.6kg loss. Gives me a buffer for the inevitable pausing that goes on when you have been losing weight for a long time. My ultimate target always has been to be under 70kg by my birthday in October.

Keep on everyone. A fasting day today 🙂

Croatia, Day 3, NFD
    Weight: 79.4 Kg

Day 2: Pacific NW USA (traveling), NFD today and tomorrow

Drank my BPC, then shopping with daughter. Had lunch of a beef ramen bowl w/o the ramen but with an egg. For dinner a Sonoran quinoa bowl with a total of around 1500 cal for the day with blueberries, nectarine and cream for dessert. I aim for 1200 cal but today went to about 1500. Also, we got in plenty of steps!

Tomorrow will be an HIT walk with my grandson who is employed as a dog walker. I also plan to do my fast strength exercises.I will have an egg and veg scramble for lunch and a quinoa kale salad for dinner. That should be closer to 1200 cal. Then liquid FD on Tues.

I have a wedding to attend 2 weeks from the start of this interim and the dress I’m wearing could look better with about 5 less pounds so that’s my goal! Pretty close to your goal of 4 lbs by the 14th, Poppy, so we can compare notes!

Coda – I’m still a novice at this WOL but maybe not too much so by November???

Ciren – wish my arms were skinny – I will not bare them in public, don’t want to scare the grandchildren!

Hannah – good luck at brother’s!

North of England. Day 3 . NFD. Had a banging headache all night despite drinking loads of water. Prob didn’t drink enough in the morning but drank at least a litre and a half in the afternoon/evening! Am resolved to do this!

Coda – fluids only fasting sounds scary. I already struggle if I miss just one meal! Maybe I’ll adjust?!!

Backtothefuture – I am aiming for half a stone by 21st August. I can do this!

Québécoise – glad your husband is ok. I wish you well.

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming. I am going to have a good diet day!! Brisk walk with the dog, mowing the lawn then some ironing. My workout for the day!

Have a good one!

Gozo, Malta

I’ve been on water only since lunch yesterday as I have a bug it seems and my daughter said I’ll have to be on liquids water and diorolyte satchets only and maybe some crackers this evening. So it’s a fast day today for me anyway. I won’t be going out from home today.

Coda Thanks for guiding us. So my aim until 22 August will be to be at 70 kilos or below. I’m 71.7 kilos as of last Friday. So I’d like to register at least 1.7 kilos loss.

I’m babysitting my youngest granddaughter who is nine months today and three year old grandaughter comes from play school at around 1.00 pm Malta time. My daughter is coming from hospital today and she’ll be arriving early afternoon with her husband.

Happy Monday everyone.

UK day 3 FD today,liquids until dinner tonight then planning chicken fajitas with the family, both my boys (well they’re men really ) are home at the moment which is rare these days so quite nice to be able to do those little family things -Monday night means us watching Uni challenge and just connect together and being very competitive . Enjoying everyone’s enthusiasm and determination for this challenge , I’m going to aim to stay focused for the month ,onwards and downwards !

Day 3, FD, India

Had takeout yesterday night, so compensating with a fast yesterday.

I am a little worried today.. anybody experienced late periods while fasting? I am 34 and weigh 69 kgs, and always get mine every 26-28 days like clockwork. It’s been 36 days till now and nothing. Read a few forums and links which say fasting can be bad for menstrual cycles. Help ladies!

Minimee – Do a test if you are worried that you might be pregnant. I am the same age, but I have PCOS so my cycles aren’t ever regular. I did Sure Slim years ago and I didn’t get a period the whole 3 months, but that was very low calories every day.

Italy Day 3 – FD

Feeling strong today, hope to go as long as i can before eating and then a big plate of salad with a piece of chicken for dinner.

My aim is to get to under 73 kg for a wedding on 4th September. I love using visualisations and can already see myself in my heels. Thanks for the great suggestion coda.

UK day 3 FD

I can see you all warming up for the best 2 weeks yet. Brilliant HollyLJ that you have a vivid picture of heels and see it in techincolour glory.

You CAN all do this and you will want this more than the temptation of anything that comes your way – you will politely decline because of that picture in your mind and the feeling that you will get when you succeed.

Medal award ceremony delayed 🙁 as I left without my spread sheet and I was busy cleaning yesterday in preparation for my son and his friend arriving tomorrow. Stay strong – tomorrow is another day.

Do you know of another person in this thread who has made a similar goal for the bonus part of the challenge? Just an idea came to mind – something B2TF said (A leader in the making lol).

Why not pair up or more if there are more with the same goal – maybe if you know someone else is also working on the same goal – if they are sticking to the plan, you won’t want to cave in. I found it helped when I did my first liquid extended fast last week and Ciren2 was also doing it. I didn’t want to give in and have to confess so I pictured Ciren2 sticking to it and gritted my teeth a while longer. A bit of healthy competitiveness? What do you think? Would this help do you think? Is there any one who has set a goal of 5lbs from now till the end and wants to pair up with me. You don’t have to do it off course just a thought and a little bit different for my last challenge as leader for a while.

Great idea Coda!’BTTF you’re on!

Day 3 – USA (Illinois)

NFD today. SO happy to wake to a morning weight of 163.2 after a FD yesterday. I haven’t seen that weight since almost the end of a South Beach diet stint in 2004. That year I just barely saw 159.

I will make a challenge to get to 160 by the end of this full challenge and stay there for a full week. I have been losing about a pound a week, so that is reasonable. I have a trip to San Diego to visit my brother later this month with a stop in Utah to see daughter and granddaughters on the way out. Traveling and family always make a challenge.

Poppy – at first I had the same fear that I could not do this, but since mid-March I have lost 22 pounds. At first I did one egg with a little cheese about 10 a.m. then suppertime was a salad. Now I can make it to about 5 p.m. on only liquids then do a fairly large salad with some protein (fish, steak, cheese) on it. If I know a fast day was an exercise day, I still might have an egg before heading to the gym.

A really successful fast day despite spending it travelling. I went to the gym with my brother tonight – the first time I have been in a gym for about 4 months. It felt so good. And my brother made a tomato and red pepper soup for my dinner – low cal, low fat and low carb!

Day 3, Gloucestershire, UK: fast day:
    Hey, Coda….are you doing another 36-hour fast today? I’m trying, and I agree, the thought of you toughing it out at the same time as me gave me strength to do it.
    I’m struggling with hunger at the moment. Where’s the water, quick..till breakfast tomorrow then?

Viewing 50 posts - 1,751 through 1,800 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.