4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,801 through 1,850 (of 2,659 total)

• Day 3 Los Angeles. FD for me, but I’m afraid it’s going to be hard. I try to hold off eating anything until late dinner time on FDs, but today I have a late afternoon meeting that will last until 9 pm or thereabouts. Everyone at the meeting will order in a dinner, so I’ll have to decide whether to eat nothing at all or to cave in. (Can’t bring a dinner in for myself, and no healthy choices on their menu). Mmmmm.

Hello friends!

Today would be to fast but I had an accident on the bus and hurt me, as I have to take medication, only I will fast when you’re better.

Very happy with the results!

Austin in Austin!!!! Bonus Day 3

Finally home. Fasting today. Digestion and body tired of travel and pro-inflammm food.

Resting, epsom salt bath, fasting on all liquids today.

#goodtobehome

Gozo, Malta

Hi Coda I’d like to register a 5 lb weight loss until 22 nd August like you. It means I’ll be around 69 kilos or 2.7 kilos less since last Friday. I’d like to pair up with you.

Two hours ago I had a banana and some crackers a total of 230 calories. It means I had a 27 hours water only since yesterday. My daughter says I can eat normal tomorrow as the bug I had has gone. This evening I will have some more crackers.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone. Take care and as Coda says tomorrow is another day.

Day 3 Sussex, U.K
    Quick check in. FD for me. It is 7.30pm doing ok so far. X

Day 3 Minnesota

Yesterday’s NFD turned into a FD. So, a NFD today, I think. I’ll see how I feel at 4:30 pm, when I usually eat supper.

My goal for this 3 week interim and bonus phase: to have 3 good, solid weeks of doing 2 FDs each week at 1/4th TDEE, and staying under TDEE on the other 5 days. No excuses. No splurges! Also, to continue with 3 days a week of HIIT and 3 days of body weight exercises.
    It will be interesting to see the results of sticking to the plan without any deviations. I should be able to lose 3 lbs by August 22, if I can do that.

Anaide, I hope you are alright! Best of luck everyone!

Bonus day 3. Cornwall UK

Successful fast day for myself and my daughter. We went swimming as the weather has been foul today!

Coda thanks for the visualisation idea, In my swimming costume today I felt ok but to see a shape with a waist would be great! I plan to take that photo and visualise my ideal!

As to a having a 5.2 buddy – a great plan! I have stayed at 149 lbs for the last month. It was just one of those difficult times when I couldn’t stay on the horse! But I am now back on and ready to ride!!

So my target is 6 lbs, 2lbs a week should be do-able! So anyone out there who wants to buddy up let me know!! I fast Monday and Thursday and weigh once a week on Friday morning.

Good luck everyone! Onwards and down!

US, Day 3, FD….just some pistachio nuts and lots of tea!

Dinner tonight is a small cup of pork chili and homemade cole slaw. A colleague who is doing 4:3 right now consulted a fairly well known diet doctor (no names) who said Yes, go for it! Fasting is good for so many things.

US SE Day 3 FD. I’d like to lose 5lbs but during the whole month of August. I don’t think I’d do it in just three weeks. Good luck all with your goals. Anaide… I hope you feel better soon!

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 4 Bonus: 107.8kgs after FD yesterday. Chose to eat at lunch and dinner. NFD today. Will stay below TDEE. That’s 2.8kgs I want to lose by ?22/08/16. That’s about the same as Rocky65. How about it, Rocky?
    Anaide, what rotten luck being in a bus accident. Hope you recover quickly. 😱🤕

Ireland day 3 fd

Successful fast day today…really can’t ask for anything more than that.

Day 3, Québec

A quick check in.
    NFD.
    Houston, we’ve got a problem : My husband cooked a nice big strawberry and rhubarb pie. So hard to resist.

California,USA Day 3. Today was a successful FD for me. Off to a good start.

Day 3: Pacific NW USA (traveling), NFD

Best laid plans from night before – observe 3 grand boys realizing I was sleeping in (8:00 AM) and thought they would make bacon and eggs (” No carbs or sugar Grammy!) for breakfast. So out the window with the veg scramble idea and instead not one but two pieces of bacon! About 500 cal with my BPC. Then a great hilly HIT walk. Quinoa kale salad and grilled chicken for dinner rounded out the day.

Tomorrow I will have a complete FD as I really want to whittle away on that 5 lbs!

Poppy – sorry about your headache. Maybe electrolytes were off a little if you were drinking lots of water. That can leave me headachy sometimes if I exercise on a hot FD. Some people on this forum recommend miso soup (which is delicious) but for me an electrolyte fizzy drink packet stirred into a glass of water works faster.

BrightonBelle – we know they are really young men but they will always be our boys (mine are 6’6″ and 6’7″ respectively). As also my growing grandsons are still my babies (which they understand is my way of saying I love them)!

Oh Anaide, sorry about your owie!

Not sure if the is day 3 or 4 😫 U.K. Nottingham

Goof FD yesterday, do on a NFD, my friend Is picking me up from work for lunch today, so I need to be mindful, but I am fasting again till lunch time, must admit I do t feel hungry even after yesterday’s fast.

My weight is up today, must have been my weekend of over indulgent excess, but I will shift it and start on the downward trail.

J x

Day 3 Sussex, U.K.
    NFD today. Down a pound to 182. Aiming for 140 by this time next year. Happy to go slowly 2 to 4 pounds a month. Thanks to all of you for the support on here. Now we just need to concentrate today. Lol x

Australia Day 4 NFD I ended up fasting for more than 40 hours which meant by the time I did eat I was too hungry! I has a pork tortilla – no cheese but a delicious chimichurri sauce! Hope you are ok Anaide after your accident.

Italy Day 3 – FD
    Fast Day failed yesterday my little girl drive me to distraction and food. Trying again today!
    Keeping tuesday as a weigh in Day 77.9kg

Quick wave from me. Ive moved from campsite in Shrewsbury to campsite in North Wales.
    No idea how the weight is going but Im trying to be mindful on what I eat and drink and think Im doing ok 🙂

UK day 4 (I think ,but seem to be out of sync with some of you ?) Good FD yesterday and did some very challenging classes at the gym, lm enjoying the classes a bit more these days as it certainly is a bit easier than when I was a stone heavier,and although I’ll always be one of the “oldies” I don’t look so out of place now .

I’ve set myself some exercise challenges for August and I’m going to try and do them daily ,my biggest challenge is to try and reign it in over the weekend when I tend to undo a lot of the good work throughout the week .

B2TF – blimey they’re big ! A good couple of inches on my 2 and I thought they were tall , although in fairness as I’m only 5’4″ they literally tower over me

Have a good day everyone

Surrey UK and I have no idea what day I am supposed to be on….came up to the Midlands to visit my family, and where I am staying, (not with them, but in a cottage) there is absolutely no wifi, can you believe! So that is the reason I have not posted the last few days. I am with other friends for a visit and asked to connect, so will try this now, and if my posts are intermittent, this is the reason why.

Please keep me on the forum! The last two days have been all over the place in terms of food, but I am hoping to get back on track in the next day or so. I am going to have to find a scale somewhere just to have as a check. I am up here for three more weeks, but am hoping to establish where I can get hold of wifi access. Will read everyone’s posts when that is sorted!

Australia – Day 4

Had to drive to Canberra again today to swap some of the horse stuff that didn’t fit properly. It’s only a 40 minute drive, but have gone over too much lately, lol. Also did a stock up of paper products from Costco, as it’s 2 of the kids birthdays this month and we’ll have at least 1 big family get together.
    Today was an eating day 🙂

Croatia, Day 4, NFD
    Weight: 79.5 Kg

Hi all Tues 2nd August day 4 (if that helps). Think of the date and add 2.
    Anaide – hope you are ok?

Micky42 – sorry as it is probably too late but what about eating only a small portion of what is on offer?

Ciren2 – good for you – I didn’t do an extended fast this time but may do another each week of the 2 week bonus.

Ok Anna6 you and I are setting our goal for 5 lbs any one else want to join our 5lb group?

If you have paired up let me know? We could have a 2lb group a 3 lb group etc I could colour coordinate the groups.

Hi still day 4

So to the medal award ceremony it gives me great pleasure to award this medal

http://media.vam.ac.uk/media/thira/collection_images/2008BT/2008BT7635_jpg_ds.jpg

to the following

Anaide
    Anna6
    Asweet0862
    Backtothefuture
    Brightonbelle
    Corem2
    Cizzy2
    Coda
    Coldpizza
    Coolcat
    DebbieQ
    Dollybird
    Edzeko
    Fastdutchgirl
    Fuvvie
    Hannahwatto
    Happymargo
    Hollylj
    Jaynayb69
    Jfitzy
    Kay65
    K-lo
    Lisahawk
    LS
    Merryme
    Micky42
    Minimee
    Minols
    Neostaford
    NorrieB
    Northerndawn
    Quebcoise
    Rocy65
    Slimnhealthy
    Songbirdme
    Symba7
    Theo527
    Pattie67

If I have left anyone out in error (I am only human) please let me know and I will add your name to the roll of honour. There were a few that I have not heard from from about day 25 or 26 I haven’t included them but if you are on holiday that I wasn’t aware of or missed and you want your name added please tell me. I make that 38 medals presented. Well done to you all and further medals will be presented if you finish the bonus part of Phase 2. Not sure when I will get the total added up but I’ll let you know when I do.

Day 4: Gloucestershire, UK: Non-fast day. Yesterday, went the whole 36 hours again, water-only. Weight: no change…yet.
    Today, I’m enjoying my food. I love sugary things, this is an addiction, make no mistake, but, hey, what do I do?
    Tomorrow is another fast day.

North of England day 4. NFD for me. Feel hungry today! This is actually my 6th day of doing the 5:2 although day 4 of joining you, so I will weigh myself tomorrow for a mid week spur on!! I have actually survived 2 fast days in the past 6, so hoping the scales are kind!

Hello everyone and thanks for the concern of you to me.

On Sunday when boarding the bus, the door closed on me and then opened quickly.

I fell off the platform that is quite high, the ambulance took me to hospital and stitched my head in two cuts.

I have many injuries.

I have a lot of pain in the body, I have to suspend my exercises, I can not to fast because I am taking many medications.

I think next week can resume normal activities.

Waiting for the start of the Olympics, hoping that all right.

I’ve won my medal! thank Coda

Kisses!

Coda – thanks for the medal I remember them from my childhood a Cadburys Dairy Milk medal – like the humour 😀

Anaide – ouch sounds nasty, take it easy ❤️

Day 4 Cornwall UK.
    NFD today, still raining!
    Fuvvie yes please lets buddy up. Just read your profile! What a houseful , must kerp you very busy. What days do you fast and weigh?

Anaide how awful for you, and such a shock to the system, I hope you take time to recover Get well and strong!

Take care everyone stay focused, eye on your goal!

Thanks for the medal Coda!

Day 4
    Ontario
    After a long weekend
    Morning walk earlier
    Fast Day
    Very happy with lab results from blood work – my A1C dropped again from 6.4 to 6.1, and blood glucose dropped from 6.0 to 5.8. Downward trend continuing, even with little weight loss since prior blood work tests. Highest was 7.1 for A1C, considered type 2 diabetic, did not take medication and while still slightly high, very pleased. Next test in a few more months and hopefully get closer or in the normal range of less than 5.5. So continuing with 5 2 fasting, plus remaining days 16 8, eating LCHF with the intention of getting more towards meditteranean eating.
    Thank you for the medal Coda!
    Now I will scan back a few days and get caught up

LS: How do you manage to get your blood glucose measured so often? Presumably because you have diabetes, right? I begged my doctor for the blood test, but was told that I only had one just over a year ago. Normally only allowed at five-year intervals. My family history is lettered with diabetics. Is there a way round it in the UK, anyone?

Day 4 Los Angeles- thanks for the medal, Coda! Hard earned by us all!
    NFD. Yesterday’s FD actually went ok. Kinda followed your idea, Coda (thank you): I had a quick half-cup of cottage cheese before the meeting, and another afterwards. I dislike splitting my FD cals into 2 meals and eating late like that, but at least I did stay in line. Today I will try to stay under my TDEE. Oh – a nice feeling yesterday – someone at work noticed that I’m losing weight! Yay!

Day 4 USA (Illinois)

Crazy week for me, so think I better do a FD today even though Day 2 was one as well. I prefer having 2 NFD’s between FD’s. But I want to exercise tomorrow and eat lunch with friends. I will make this week work, somehow.

Anaide – whew, what a tragic accident. Hope and pray you don’t have too much more discomfort and pain.

Thank you for the medal, Coda! Silver. Love it!

Here is a link regarding PCOS – from Dr Jason Fung of course!
    PCOS correlated with insulin resistance.
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/samantha-polycystic-ovary-patient-profile/

Ciren2 – I am under my doctor’s care regarding and he wants to see improvements which is why he writes up test requests I suppose. Mine are supposed to be 3 months apart but I did extend this one on my own in hopes of loosing more weight, which I am correlating to lowering blood sugars. But then I went ahead as we are heading to Portugal for a couple of weeks in August and wanted to test prior to holiday time.
    From what I understand there is a more expensive test which is done at hospital, and that tests for quite a few hours drinking a sugary concotion. My tests include blood glucose and A1C – and the A1C is based on insulin levels in your system for prior 3 months (hence the 3 month test requests). I have never had the other one, so not knowing much about that test, but perhaps that is the one that is very costly?
    My doctor also supports the LCHF and intermittent fasting.
    That is alarming if you can’t get tested for 5 year intervals, alot can change in a hurry – especially when it runs in the family.
    Since I started focusing on lowering blood sugars by changing the way I eat, I have lost 45 pounds and was considered diabetic, then pre diabetic, then with metabollic syndrome, which is where I am sure I am still at – until I get A1C below 5.5
    I get lab results online, plus they are sent to my doctor. I have not met him yet to discuss the changes.

Austin- Day 3 Bonus

Had a decent fast day yesterday…esp after 2 week vacation.

Will fast as long as I can today (already at 14 hours) on water and coffee n tea and then move on to some protein shakes and hopefully have a good low cal day….this is post vacation hyperdrive clean up.

Sorry to hear about your accident Anaide. 😔 I know how an injury can disrupt good exercise and diet!

Thanks for the medal Coda!

No medal for me 😭🙍💔🐎

US, Day 3, NFD…a beautiful, sunny day in lower Manhattan. I met with a sports physician yesterday on my Costochondritis. He feels I’m on the right track toward healing. Yay!!

Coda, thanks for that medal! Anaide, I hope you heal quickly.

Day 3, Québec

Thank you Coda for the medal.

Another NFD for me. It is so difficult to have control on my meals when on vacation. Tonight wére eating backribs on the BBQ with friends at their caming site. Yes, there will be wine and cake!

Fortunately enough, my weight is staying stable, witch is an achievement in itself in this context. I try to limit the damages by eating lightly as often as I can.

Bonne journée x

LS: I guess it’s awkward in the UK if you have an unsympathetic doctor. NHS always strapped for cash so preventative medicine takes a back seat. Maybe in another year I will try a private test if I can get one.

Australia Day 5 NFD went over my TDEE after fasting for too long. Mind you my brother kept offering me sweets which I refused as well as refusing popcorn and ice cream at the cinema. So making better food choices but still need to watch portion control. Thanks for the medal Coda. I am so impressed by the way you stay on top of all the entries.

ETJ

Maybe there is video footage of you sneaking into the bubble floating room of Willie Wonka’s! Lol

Btw, has anyone else noticed that no 4 star meal or lavish dessert tastes as good as a bowl of beans on a fasting day? I was thinking that maybe I should just fast to the point of that hunger every day for such a pleasure!

Coda, you convinced me.

I’m getting in for the 2 pouds lost at the end of this part of the challenge. The idea of the colour code seems great ! What an excellent leader you are !

Anyone else for 2 pounds ?

Day 4 – USA – NFD

Day 4 – USA – NFD

Oops, hit send by accident. Had a successful FD yesterday. It was hard, though. I wasn’t feeling quite right. My stomach was off in the morning, and I was meeting some friends to run. I decided to go anyway and I could always walk back if I felt bad. But once I got going, I was fine. Just felt tired all day and I still have a scratchy throat. I’m really hoping my body will fight off whatever it is! Today I’m trying to eat healthy and rest. I need to run and fast again tomorrow. (Not “run fast”, run AND fast) lol.

My goal for these in between days is to stop eating when I’m full. I still seem to stuff myself on NFDs at dinner. I usually have enough calories left, but that doesn’t mean I have to eat them! I eat until I’m uncomfortable. So I’ll work on that this week. During the next 3 weeks (until the end of the Bonus), I’d like to lose 3 more lbs. That would put me at 153. I haven’t seen that weight in quite a while!

Thanks for the medal, Coda! Yay!

Oh no!!! So sorry ETJ

I would like to make a special presentation to ETJ – well done

http://media.vam.ac.uk/media/thira/collection_images/2008BT/2008BT7635_jpg_ds.jpg

Hope the link works as I am on my phone. So sorry I missed you but thank you for letting me know. Here is a little something to compensate lol 🍾

Gozo, Malta

Anaide sorry to hear about your accident. You need to heal and eat healthily but don’t over indulge. You need to take it easy and take care of yourself so as to become well again. Do take care.

Coda we can lose 5 lbs these coming three weeks. I have decided to fast 4:3 this week too. So tomorrow is a fast day for me. Then Friday will be another fast day for me. Can you tell me please how you do your 36 hour fast? You mean to do it every week don’t you? And which days are nfd s for you?

Today was a nfd for me and I stayed under my TDEE.

Wishing everyone good night.

Ireland day 4 nfd

Lovely surprise when I read the feed….this is the first medal I’ve ever won feeling all warm and fuzzy now…thank you Coda

Viewing 50 posts - 1,801 through 1,850 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.