4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 2,659 total)

• USA, TX, Day 20. Non fast day. Watching TDEE.

Day 20 – US – FD

I’m sorry if I was flippant about the heat. I realize now that I’m in the air conditioning all day, so that’s why it’s not so bad here. It would be so tough without it. Especially at night sleeping! I hope it cools off soon for everyone!

Changed my FD from Thurs to today. I was invited to run with some friends tomorrow and I now know that I can’t do that the afternoon of a FD. So I’ll just fast and rest today! I love how flexible this is. I made soup over the weekend so I’m prepared.

Beach run last night was lovely. It was hot, but overcast and breezy, which made a huge difference.

Have a great day!

Day 20 USA (Illinois)

FD today. Going to be busy all day, so I hope I will be able to drink enough water to keep me from being hungry. That is what works for me. Water. But then I always have to be near a toilet to go! 🙂

I likely indulged more than normal on my last two NFD’s, but I did enjoy those calories in popcorn. I know, but it’s not the normal kind, mine is coated with cheddar cheese powder or even caramel. They are my snacking weakness. I should know better than to even buy them.

Day 20 – NH USA
    NFD today

FD today for me. Went swimming after work yesterday as it was far too hot for the pilates studio – got the car to drive to the pool and it registered 53 degrees!!!! It then dropped down to a cool 35 degrees when I put the climate control on 🙂

Will swim tomorrow as well and then back to my pilates at the weekend.

Hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather

California, USA day 19/20. Yesterday and today NFD. I guess I fell asleep before I had a chance to post last night. I really need to watch my food choices as my scale shows a slightly upward trend. It is a work day today so I am fine until I get home and fall into the mindless snacking as I check the mail, etc. Wishing mid-week success to all.

Australia – Day 20 – 10 days to go of this challenge?

NorthernDawn – Haha. You would get sick of me, lol. I call it a farm 🙂 I should call it our crazy farm, lol.

An eating day today. Today was so busy. We woke up and went straight to Canberra. We wanted to go to the horse shop as we needed to buy the saddle/bridle/everything for my son’s pony. He had just the best time. We arrived home too late to try it all on him, so am really excited to get up in the morning and put it on him. He is a gorgeous colour. Light grey face with a darker grey body, so we got him black saddle and reins and a navy with red trim saddle cloth. My son got western styled riding boots, and he is so proud of himself in them. We got home to find the pony had decided he wanted to get over the fence to where our other horse is and they were both down the bottom end of the property. My husband had to go out in the dark on the bike to find them. They ran back pretty quickly to get some hay!

Songbirdme – Oh, I love caramel popcorn. We went to Costco today and I am proud of myself for being strong and not getting the giant tin of poppycock. Nothing good could come from having that in our house, lol.

Lisahawk – Oh you sound so fit! I am ex Airforce so was fit once, lol. I was running 5km a day even after my middle son was born. I hope to get back there one day! Hopefully next year after more weight has come off.

Dorset UK Day 20
    NFD

Didn’t count the cals yesterday and figure I came in over TDEE.
    Today has started similar and I’m 1lb up from last Friday although I have ‘food in transit problems again!
    Will be careful for the rest of the day and have a low day tomorrow ahead of fast day planned on Friday.

I’m enjoying the sunshine tbh and intend to make the most of it, as it’s due to break in a couple of days. It means no Gilligan Michael’s as no aircon here, but that’s ok, I’ll get back into soon!

Hope everyone is OK..I’ve only had chance for quick scan of posts.

Love Kay x

Day 20. Wisconsin, USA. Hanging on by a thread. So sorry. On vacation, and doing ok, but checking in is proving to be a challenge.

Listened to Dr. Fung talk about IF and diabetes during my workout in hotel fitness room. Great stuff!! Have a great day!!!

US, Day 20, NYC. NFD. Bouncing up and down at lower range. A pound of so from goal and it’s glacial, but that’s not a complaint.

Size 6 Lands End swimsuit is going back. Not enough coverage on top. Reality check…still a D.

Day 20: Gloucestershire UK: It was supposed to be a fast day today….but, oh dear. I’m not working this week and being at home all day means food is always at hand. By 9.30am I cracked. Not just a little bit, but all the way. Also it’s SO HOT…I do suffer in this heat. Sleepless nights etc, taking a toll. We’re not used to it here, are we? I will fast on Friday when I’ll be busy on a trip to Wales.

ETJ- I’m not as fit as I sound. I mostly do 2:1s when I run (2 min running, 1 min walking) I find it’s easier on my body. One reason I want to lose weight is to make running easier. I don’t look like a runner! But I love it.

Austin in Ohio, Day 20

Still at lake. Note to self, my mom is a terrible influence on me. Biscotti at 10:30pm last night. She is diabetic and brought a whole bag of chocolate candy wirh her. Who does that?

Hi all – UK day 20 FD – so far so good 🙂 going to do alternate fasting during weekdays to the end of the challenge – well I will give it my best shot – I have to make it past my mental block.

Dutch if you are still around – drop in every now and then and say hello.

Haven’t checked everyone in yesterday and today as I have been busy but will hopefully do that tonight.

Jfitzy and DebbieQ – maybe decide if one wants to do September and maybe one October? It sometimes helps if a new face gees everyone along – I guess some get tired of being chased with a big stick. Oh my how this year is flying in!

Ontario
    Non Fast day but 16:8 day
    Ate well yesterday until my daughter in law came out with creme brulee and a bday cake for my son…thoroughly enjoyed the lovely meal and dessert.
    Have walked each morning this week – my 3KM route
    Coda it is me that does not post on the weekends, not using computers/electronics on wknds. I use them all week, plus do my husbands business books in the evenings, so like to take a good long break from them!
    Also, we are heading to Portugal for a few weeks in August, so I would like to continue, but for that time period will not be able to post. Is it fine if I just post periodically?

Day 20, Québec

NFD

Yesterday I ate a bit too much and gained 1 pound. Not so worried because the general pattern of the graph is going down. Slowly but steady. Must see it as a way of life.

I find it more difficult to do real FDs because I am with my hubby in his family and good food and wine and cognac, etc.

Important note to myself : When I have success from my FDs I tend to let go the discipline and overeat ( almost to give myself a gift ). I must be more conscious in those circumstances. A good trick is to log the calories.

Bye bye x

OK, it is already two weeks as I am about the same weight. After the fasting – below 140, after non-fasting days – above 140. I am getting tired of the number. GRR!

Gozo, Malta

Today came from Malta but managed to fast and 16:8. My husband and daughters didn’t fast though.

Will fast next Friday when I’ll weigh myself. I weigh myself every week but I noticed a lot of people who are in this challenge weigh themselves more frequently.

Tomorrow is a nfd and I’m looking forward to having mocha coffee.

Dutch I hope you’ll soon join us in another challenge. Stay strong and take care.

Good night everyone.

Australia Day 21 FD – yet another bad night’s sleep and now 36 hours of only liquids in front of me, moan, moan, moan! Mothernature can be such a cow – we spend years waking through the night with crying babies, then year’s getting up early to do the school run before going to work, years of getting up early on weekends for kid sports and when they have finally left school and we can sleep in, menopause hits! Not fair!

Day 20 Cornwall UK.
    It’s great to be home and with sea breeze cooling it down, lovely! A successful fast day and didnt feel hungry! Our garden is brimming with veg all ready to gather. I just love chomping on raw french beans /fresh peas and plenty of salad!
    I did weigh this morning and had put on 4lb while on holiday, to be honest I had expected more! I had a lovely time but now it is time to knuckle down and get back on track! I intend to fast again tomorrow.

Onward and down, good luck all.

Day 20 Sussex, U.K
    NFD. Ok but too much cake. Never mind. I enjoyed it and tomorrow is another day. Can’t have too many days like this though. I don’t feel so good at the end of the day.
    Good luck everyone, it’s a long road, some go direct and some like me dawdle along the way!

Hi all phew checked everyone in and caught up on all posts.
    Coldpizza – stick with it and you will get there.
    Edzeko don’t worry you are doing fine checking in when you can.
    LS you are not the only one not posting on weekends and at least you gave me heads up that, that is what you do. Don’t worry post when you can. We are also heading to portugal but early September.
    Kay65 lots of water and try Chia seeds and or psyllium husks (tablets are easier I find rather than powder)
    Quebecoise well done!
    ETJ what have you called your horse. Do you keep the name she had? What is a horse float – like a milk float or a cart?
    So we are into single figures to the end of the challenge – are you happy where you are? If you have relaxed things while on holiday now is the time to get back on track. If you are still on holiday enjoy it but be mindful remember to nourish your body and while a little of what you fancy is fine don’t let it spiral out of control.
    I will remind you all again in good time (I hope) that while this challenge ends Friday 29th we will start a small count up to the bonus part and start a count down to the end of phase 2.
    DebbieQ or JFITZY will take over the reins for September and October – hopefully?

US SE Day 20 FD. Trying to do 3 FD’s this week to maybe make up for being a total piggy over the past weekend. Coda, I will take dibs on September if that’s okay. Not sure I’m being as successful with this challenge as I was with the last but I didn’t have all the distractions last time. I’m back on the straight and narrow now though.

US Day 20- FD

Lowest FD calories yet, stayed at 275 today I’m interested to see if there is that much of a difference from my 500 calorie days. I don’t think I’ve said yet, but I am in for the bonus part of phase 2!

Day 20 Minnesota, USA
    FD today and completed it under 450. NFD tomorrow and Friday. FD Saturday.
    ETJ, I could never get tired of “The adventures of ETJ’s “Crazy Farm'”!
    NorrieB, My mother was sure that she had Summer Seasonal Disorder. It is a real condition. She hated the heat and felt such relief in the Autumn. I feel badly for all of you that don’t have air conditioning. I grew up without it, but now I don’t think I could sleep or function at all without it.
    SongBirdMe: Cheese popcorn has been my serious downfall on two NFD’s in the past month. I can’t stop until the bag is entirely gone. I’ve sworn off for the next month, at least!
    Rocy65, those 4 pounds will melt away within a couple weeks. I’m already down two pounds (from almost 5 I’d gained on vacation with grandkids) since the end of last week.
    Minimee, good luck to you helping your father find best treatment. I’m sure that is emotionally draining for you.
    HannahWatto, regarding sleep deprivation during motherhood and then insomnia after menopause, you are so right. It sure doesn’t seem fair, does it?
    Good luck to all. Stay cool and comfortable!

Austin in Ohio.

End of Day 20 – FD

Wow! Did it! 16:8 and really kept 8 hours moderate.

I’ve been coming to this lake village since I was a young kid so I have a thousand kid food associations that usually kick in when I come here. I’m really proud of my whole week of food choices and my fast today! Yea!

Sorry I haven’t had time to acknowledge all of you, but being with family is a full time job.

Be well

Croatia, Day 21, NFD
    Weigth: 80.4 Kg

Italy Day 20 – NFD
    Kept within my TDEE, even had enough for a couple of glasses of wine. I’m really enjoying this way of eating and am starting to see the results, so super motivated at the moment

Day 21… UK Nottingham

Well I’ve been ill for 2-3 days and hardly ate a scrap and got on the scales this morning with great expectations…. I’ve put bloody weight on, how does that work???

Even though I’ve been ill, Thursday is my FD, so I am going to stick to routine and hopefully the scales will start to show improvements soon.

Have a good day all xx

Australia – Day 21 – 9 days to go of this challenge.

Coda – A horse float is the trailer that you drive horses around in. My horses name is Lizzy, but I am going to call her Lexi. Our other horse Jack was named Gigamaroo, he won a few races, and our pony was called Billy, but we have a dog named Billy so my son called him Silver.

OMG – today has been one of those days. It all seemed to be going really well too. I was on time this morning to go and pay for the horse. Our farrier got to talking (as he does) and we saddled up my horse and walked her around for a bit. We also put the bridle on the donkey (haha, they are soooo funny) and walked her around. My husband said that if she could walk any slower she would be going backwards. She is so cute! Then I had to pick up groceries and go and pick up the horse float. It drove really well all the way home. It’s very heavy and she said that I am going to need to reverse it. So we pulled up at the shed and I tried reversing it and then we both thought it would be easier if I drove around the paddock, so I wouldn’t need to reverse it. Well, that has turned into the worst idea ever. The ute is currently bogged up to mid wheel, we had to take the horse float off and the ute still won’t budge. We had to unload the groceries from the back of the ute and carry them inside which is quite a distance and I had brought a lot as I was stocking up the pantry. So this afternoon my husband is going to have to dig the ute out of the hole it is currently sitting in, I am going to do the outside chores and fingers crossed we can move them both.
    We both feel like idiots because looking at it, it looks pretty obvious, but neither of us had thought of it.

Anyways, I’m off to do the work. And it is a non eating day and I am starving! Probably from stress. Take care all!!

Hi uk begining day 21 nfd I can feel a difference with having stuck to the plan just hope I don’t undo the good work.

Ah so a float is what we call a horse trailer. Oh dear it would have been a good idea, sorry you got stuck – the adventures down on the farm continue.

Have a good day all – so far it seems a bit cooler here. We are just not used to the heat.

(Almost past) Day 20: Pacific NW USA (traveling) NFD

Finally felt up to a 2.5 mile walk along the coast today. Had salad with b-b-que chicken at half way mark and we rolled our own salad rolls for dinner so under TDEE.

Not doing liquid only fasts this week but will do 2 – 500 cal FD’s. Hoping to feel up to some fast strength tomorrow and maybe an uphill walk.

Hannah – know what you mean exactly, ditto all you said then I would add grandkids who wake you at the crack of dawn even on vacation!

Posting just before the midnight bell rings, Coda!

Gozo, Malta

Just cooked a new pasta dish with prosciutto and peas. That’s for lunch, I only have to cook the pasta. Today a nfd for me. Looking forward to having a coffee mocha with the dolce gusto Krups machine my daughter has. I ordered an automatic one yesterday and they are going to bring it next week as they only had one on display. I got hooked when my daughters made me a coffee mocha at 120 calories last Tuesday. So on nfd days we could indulge in good quality coffees and teas. Their marachese tea is very good too at only 25 calories per cup.

Today the main thing is to stay below TDEE.

I’ve only went once swimming with my daughter and grandkids, maybe I’ll go walking with my daughter this evening. Otherwise no exercise. Tomorrow is weigh day for me.

Have a wonderful summer day everyone. Take care.

The Netherlands – Day 21 (non-fast day)

Did 10 squats this morning!

Day 21.. UK… Yorkshire

Fast Day

Scales looking better today

UK day 21 feel as though I’m back on track ,aiming for for a good NFD today prior to weigh in Friday

Day 21, India, FD… again! Blew up my FD yesterday :(.. was so hungry in the evening.. I have to have to have to not blow up today to keep my moral up..

Good morning from Northern Spain. Day 21.
    Non fast day and instead of doing a TDEE I’m going to have a HEE HEE day which is my lingo means a free day, I’m going to enjoy it!!
    Basically I’m going to swap my free day from Saturday to today as I’m feeling tired now a bit worn out so I know I’m going to break the diet anyway so I’ll be proactive. I won’t go mad, just more relaxed.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Cheers

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 21: Have fun Dollybird. Enjoy the feeling of freedom.
    ETJ I can relate to the bogging. We bogged our tractor the other day and ended up splattered with mud. I then proceeded to bog the ride-on. My daughter had to pull the tractor out with her 4-wheel drive and I stood on the back of the ride on while my husband reversed it out. Only time he has really valued my added weight.
    NFD today. Did a 16:8. Not doing really well at present. FD tomorrow. Big day lined up.
    all the best.

Surrey UK Day 21……

I don’t even remember if I posted yesterday…the heat is frying my brain! Having a fast day today, feeling a little off actually, iffy tummy… so I am sure the FD will help sort things out. I will weigh again tomorrow morning. I so enjoy everyone’s posts, it is also nice to hear others battling a little with the heat…don’t feel so isolated then!

Fuvvie – We ended up getting the float out of the mud and put it where we wanted it. The bike towed it out. The ute is bogged. Properly bogged up to the underside. We gave up and have called a tow removal place and they are coming out in the morning to get it out. Apparently they have been very busy lately with the same thing – due to all the flooding. I said to my husband that no matter what the weather someone profits, lol! Hopefully it won’t be too much drama in the morning. And it does suck doesn’t it! Luckily my husband doesn’t get stressed about stuff like this. The other thing I am doing tomorrow is getting the local soil place to bring out a several tons of gravel to put there!

Day 21…again. ..UK..Yorkshire

Coda
    Away Saturday and Sunday …I will check in if the wifi is ok

Thanks

Swim at 6.45am, first line of washing hung out by 8.45am and into to work by 9.30am – I love summer!!!! 🙂

Having been eating salad all week and sticking to low carbohydrate. Only 9 more days to go on the challenge and then off on my holidays yeah! Determined not to gain when I am away so will be doing a lot of exercise.

Ok DebbieQ and Coda I will do October – Halloween Challenge!

Day 21– Colorado, USA

Yesterday was a NFD, but I went bonkers on carbs!!

Breakfast= McDonald’s Egg McMuffin & hash brown potatoes.
    Lunch= giant baked potato (stuffed with all the goodies of melted cheddar, bacon, chives, salsa, sour cream)
    After work, hit the fridge immediately= left over restaurant food, finished off chicken parmigiana & spaghetti
    Late Dinner with OH= 2 slices cheese pizza with one glass red wine.

WHAT happened?!? I never eat carbs like that, especially all that wheat/ gluten.

This morning, I got up at 3:40 AM with a bloated tummy (no surprise!) and my period had started…. So THAT explains the carb-apooloza I had yesterday! 🙂 haha!

I am not getting on scales to weigh in till next week now!

Hello everyone!

21 challenge,

Missing nine days, my results are very discreet in this month because it was a month of many visits and lots of food.

But still I have a loss of + – 1 kg.

The important thing is to remain and persist.

Hugs!

Day 21 – NH, USA

FD today and weigh in tomorrow.

Still feeling pretty beat up and beat down….but at least I’m going forward.
    Have a great day everyone.

US, Day 21, NFD. Normally I fast on Thursday but I am spending today at a funeral for my mother’s best friend, and then a family gathering afterwards. My favorite “aunt” was 92, and she and my mother became friends 80 years ago. (My mother died in 2009.) I know I will need to eat after so much sobbing. I’m not sure what I was thinking when I put on mascara.

On the up side, HUBBY IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will fast tomorrow.

Hi all UK NFD day 21 – 8 days left – I am doing good so far. Had a BPC this morning – think I am getting used to the coconut oil – is coffee with butter any real different to have cream in your coffee – after all butter is churned cream. Funny the reactions people have when you say you put butter in coffee but say you put cream in it and they don’t bat an eye.

NorrieB – I had you checked in for yesterday so I guess you didn’t forget. Not loosing the plot after all.

Symba7 – noted thanks

Anaide – that’s the spirit!

Back2TF – that’s ok and you get a star for being so honest lol. TBH I know USA is behind us but with regards to the actual time – I haven’t a clue lol. So technically you could get away with a few hours and I would be none the wiser ha ha!

Ok so DebbieQ for September and JFITZY for our Halloween challenge – thanks both.

I have had a clear out and our challenge is down to 50 with 7 challengers not having posted. If no posts from them by Wednesday I will remove their names and no medals will be awarded. A few I know have had some difficulties in their lives but others seem to have disappeared. ABC1 I know you have issues to sort out I hope all is well. Annmaryusa? Dahliafan? Fishinggran? Kayhon? Melli_110216 – I know you have a young baby to contend with and my notes say you have also been ill – hope you have recovered. Myaramya?

If I have missed a post saying they are on holidays let me know.

Thanks all – lets be really honest with our selves the last 8 days of this challenge. Remember ‘if it is to be, it is up to me’. Don’t fool ourselves, if we have a bit of a splurge that is fine but then you need to rein it in – how we got here in the first place was having no control at all. This way of life gives us control and like anything it may take a while to get into the habit – like posting everyday lol.

So lets go for it – for me by goal in this challenge is to break that mental barrier and get below 11 stone 9 lbs. I believe I can do it and then go onto my next and my next. My number 3 son is also coming home beginning of August it would be nice if he saw a difference in me.

K-lo – remember the good times and cry for the loss of a good friend.
    What can one say when ones hubby has come back home – enjoy lol!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.