30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

This topic contains 3,401 replies, has 151 voices, and was last updated by  LindaSue 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,551 through 2,600 (of 3,410 total)

• Day 7 Surrey UK 3rd day, A quick post before leaving for the West Midlands. I had a small meal last night, so both nights of our 3 day fast I had very light meals….I would really like to go for liquid only, so roll on next time.
    @coda, I so enjoy your posts which are so informative. Dr Fung’s book you quouted from, is that his next one? I only had a quick glance so I will read everything properly when I get up there.
    Take care everyone!

Hello all, sorry I went AWOL and haven’t posted. Having too much difficulty keeping up with the posts. Wishing everyone all the success in the world and for those celebrating it a very happy Christmas.

Day 7 Italy – NFD
    Today I weigh 74 kg. Down 1kg, Thankyou all my pocket fasting friends!
    Staying to TDEE today healthy choices before 4 days of bank holiday😳

Hello all UK day 7 fd (11.5)
    @norrieb next time try liquid only on one of your days. Baby steps

@sarah it has only been recently that I have been able to weigh daily and not get disheartened if the scale goes up. I can now accept, note it and get on with my day. That is a big leap in my mindset.
    Had to take a day off as my OH had a minor op so needed me to drive. Afterwards we had a coffee and a small sausage roll. If I have bone broth later then I am still under my 1/4 tdee.

Day 7……….Florida….. FD

I believe it was Lew who said…. if I didn’t have chocolate between each meal, I thought I would starve to death….. Made me think of before, I used to say, I have to be above 1300 calories to lose weight. Which now for me was only an excuse because I didn’t want to give up my sweets and pastries.
    Well, how things change, today, I’m moving into my third day of fasting. I cut my soda intake in by 3/4th and if I’m lucky, I might have a sweet once a week but more times that not, I can just enjoy the company as my family settles into their sneaky snack before bed.
    Lew and all the other that thought they would starve….. Congrats on the hard work you’ve done AND I’m glad your still with us.
    Also, someone asked I’m sorry I cant remember who, if it’s better to weigh yourself after a FD or NFD. I personally don’t think it matters as long as it’s the same day and time each week. I weigh myself Tues mornings and it’s always after FD. For me, I feel better weighing in after a FD. I think if I did it after a NFD, it would discourage me if I saw a gain because at times this girl does walk on the wild side of her TDEE.
    I do have an exception, this week, I postpone my weigh until Thurs. am because of the b2b I’m doing. Only because I’m doing some experiments on my diet.
    I’m going into my third day, I did wake to a little grumble in my belly, but my cup of coffee took care of it. And it’s the second day, I awoke before the alarm. It was so nice to just lay there snoozing, listening to the world around me.
    I have faith, I’m going to make it through this day with no issues and hopefully come out on the lighter side of things.
    Happy….. whether you doing this WOL… I think you should stick around, because you’ll gain so much knowledge that when your body is ready, you can hit the ground running. I wish you a speedy recovery my friend!
    Cheers!

Day 7 Brisbane Australia, FD

FD went well.

Currently lying in bed listening to a very noisy thunder storm outside, third night in a row we have had one- I am assuming it is the sky gods rumbling away in support of all the b2b/2b pocket rockets & their rumbling bellies!

US SC Day 7 NFD
    End of b2b fasts… one very successful, one a little over. I’ve come down with a sore throat and cough and wasn’t feeling good yesterday. No excuse but somehow I just wanted to eat.

BrightonBelle…. I seem to be a copycat of you. I did great Monday, but struggled yesterday and went over the 500. I obsessed about food. I also need to get control of nfd’s.

I’ve been bad at messaging since starting again in Dec but I’ve been sticking to my mon wed an fri fasts I’m having a FD today an I’m down a pd already just got t keep it up

Day 7 / Tweed Coast Australia / NFD

Successful fast day yesterday. Doing well today.

In it to thin it, great that you slept well and that your fast went well!! I’m doing so much better since catching up on the lost hours of sleep too!

Australia Day 8 NFD – it should be a FD but that is a bit beyond me at the moment. The fact that I am posting at 12:15am is probably a clue to how overwhelming everything is just now. @anna – that is great news! So happy for you xx

Day 7 USA (traveling)

NFD for me. Maintaining pretty well – keeping under TDEE but stil wonder if I am exercising enough. It was far to cold yesterday to ski. I was kind of bummed.

Coda – I will put those June dates on my calendar and hold them for you and I to at least get together!

How have the Pocket Fasters all fared? I need to go through and read posts – will do that later.

Onward and downward!

NYC, Day 7, FD…well sort of. I was planning an EOD routine through December to keep the parties for doing damage but I see I have a working lunch today. I plan to stick to salad with a very light dressing. I will be off tomorrow and Friday, expecting a house of full friends for a theatre weekend. These things have a way of turning into theatre, wine and food weekends.

I will do my best.

Georgia/USA/Day 7/ NFD:

I’m learning that a misstep one day is not the end of the world. I ate a lot of Christmas chocolates yesterday and felt really bad about it. Then I had a scrumptious fried chicken breast last night with carbs. Today is not a FD but I’m gonna take it easy on the cals. I had oatmeal for breakfast and I’m gonna have tuna and crackers for lunch. I didn’t make it to the gym today, but yesterday’s workout was great. This WOL is exactly that, a lifestyle. and its the best choice for my day-to-day maintenance that I have ever known. Here’s to us all!

London | DAY 7 | FD until 1pm – end of pocket fast!

40 hours fasted – longest I’ve managed so far. Very happy about it.
    I did have a handfull of sunflower seeds last night, with a sprinkle of pink himalayan sea-salt – I could see the ‘hunger/temptation-dragon’ hovering, so thought best to nibble on something without ruining all the hard work.

Felt fine going beyong 36h this morning. Some stomach growls, but nothing as bad as yesterday’s roaring lion, lol.

Thanks b2tf for the encouragement and strength. Pocket fasters definitely keep me going.

Day 7 – Canada – FD

Today will be my first serious attempt at b2b fasting. If there is room in your pockets I would love to be included with the amazing b2b group.

@coda I have been reading your post to ciren Coda, I think you missed your calling. Surely you should have been a counsellor/life coach! Ever since I joined this form in November I am always amazed at how much care and support you give to everyone. You are a great cheerleader and mentor. Thank you.

@manura I know what you’re saying about how carbs affect eating. I find that once I have carbs I cannot stop for the rest of the day that is why I try to avoid bread, rice, potatoes, etc. Ditto for anything sugary as well. I can go for days without but one little nibble of carbs or sugar and I’m off to the races for the rest of that day.

@canadianindublin. Welcome back! I wondered where you had disappeared to. I hope you will be staying with us. 🇨🇦

A quick query… Occasionally I see people referred to OH. I’m pretty sure H is for husband but I haven’t figured out what the O is for.

Have a great day everyone don’t forget to drink your water.

Hi Reid – thank you 🙄 feeling humble. But I don’t know how I would do without this group. I put the invite out in May and those that found it have been my strength. They know exactly where I am coming from and we have been here supporting each other ever since.

OH = other half, lol I only have the one don’t have an other (one is enough)

Just working out that had I joined WW or similar group I have saved myself well over £400 and that is estimating a weekly fee of £5.50 it may even be more than that now. I have also been more successful here than any of those groups

Day 7 ( just!) FD Country West Australia
    Following lovely Christmas lunch and definitely very over TDEE NFD yesterday.

Day 7– Colorado, USA– NFD

AT, B2tF, in it to thin in — Thank you for the well-wishes & advice.
    Yes, having bones cut, shortened & screwed back together is VERY painful, but I’m staying positive & looking forward to my finished feet. DH & I miss hiking, biking & running together…so next summer, once the healing is done, will be awesome!! “Keeping my eye on the prize.”

Ciren — Stay strong & be kind to yourself. 2 pounds is fixable & good for you on catching it early. You are not a “remorseless eating machine” as you say. You are strong, smart & capable. You know the answer, it’s right here, the 5:2 Way Of Life! Fast Days are not a punishment, they are a life preserver. Grab on! You’ve got this.

Patti67– I completely understand eating to keep spouse company. We are not retired, but DH won’t really eat dinner unless we eat together. He gets grumpy if he’s having supper & I’m joining him with a mug of bone broth. Weird. I’m not sure yet how to handle the situation. Perhaps, I just need to be resolute on my FDs & let him sort out what his own issues are. Any suggestions from the group??

NorrieB– good luck on your 3rd FD! I’m so looking forward to giving that a go someday too!

WellMe– welcome aboard. Keep reading, there’s a wealth of information & support on this forum & the whole web-site.

Alanix– Enjoy your vacation in Rome! (jealous) 🙂

Reid– Yay on someone complimenting your weigh loss! That always feels nice.
    I’m like you, if I eat breakfast, it kicks off my appetite for the day. I’m so much better off pushing my first food of the day off until as late as possible (sometimes it’s till lunch, other days I wait until dinner.)

Have a wonderful day, teammates! And remember to speak kindly to ourselves, as we would to a dear friend.

Day 7 -Los Angeles – FD

As I mentioned yesterday, today is a fast day but I have a dinner. Still no plan except not eating. At least the keynote speaker will be good. Yesterday the scale dipped below 170 for a morning. Today back over by .5lb. Hopefully after the fast I’ll be back in hallowed ground.
    MB

Day 7 WA USA FD

Made it through day 2 of B2BF yesterday – a little easier than day 1. On to day 3 today. With all the extra festive food oriented events, extra fasting I think will keep the body healthier.

I so appreciate this forum with the diverse personalities & experiences. What a support team!

Have a great day whether fasting or not!

2nd post

LEW– haha! Loved your post! It’s fun to learn we can actually survive without chocolate between lunch & dinner. The changes we go thru are interesting to note. When going to a familiar restaurant, I now marvel at the fact how fast I fill up & think, “My gosh, I used to be able to eat ALL of this?!?” I can get 3-4 meals out of one restaurant serving now!

Manura, Bert– thanks for your well wishes!
    And yes, having both feet casted makes it tough to get around. There’s quite a bit of wobbly action on crutches, plus crawling & scooting on my bum. 🙂

Day 7: Pacific NW USA, b2b2b FD will end at about 70 hours tonight after a long day at work and 2 nights of less than optimal sleep. When times get busy my sleep suffers. It’s the early waking that gets me, mind just won’t relax. But tonight is a celebration for OH (I wouldn’t feel complete without him!) so I will push on. And thank you pocketeers who inspired me to do a 3 day for the first time, strength in numbers! (I’m not sure if I will do my usual Friday FD as I don’t know if I want to do 3:4.)

24.2 BMI today and down 4.6 lbs which I am happy to take but know it’s because of the contrast with last week’s actual water retention weight when I noticed my hands were swollen. Only measurement that went down was bust (surely not all 4.6 lbs in that one spot!)

Manura – it is interesting what we discover when we fast. Basically we are doing an elimination diet on a FD and then on the NFD go back to foods that sometimes we realize are irritants to our body. The mystery is figuring out which ones are the culprits!

Happy – scooting must be an upper body work out, at least! Good recuperation to you.

Lou Belles – congrats are in order!

Day 7: Gloucestershire, UK: Still a fast-day so far.
    Porridge at 6am then nothing.
    Thanks Coda for your pep-talk…I am a case, aren’t I?!

Is this now the December January challenge? I’d like to join and want to limit the emails in my box…sheesh!
    Did my first 24 yesterday and it pushed me past a plateau & I dropped 2#, trying to stay cool about it tho. I have lost 11# since September, very happy girl today. Want to lose another 5-10, not expecting to over Holidays but wanting to maintain then push hard in Jan. Thanks ALL!

Day 7, Gozo Malta, NFD
    Just checking in.

Day 7 USA HI NFD
    sticking to 18:6 today and eating only LCHF (low carb high fat) fats used are only coconut oil and/or organic unsalted cultered butter

Hi all so didn’t have my bone broth but made a potatoe topped chicken pie with vegetables for the family so had a corner. Not sure with the sausage roll earlier if it brought me over 500 but don’t believe it would have been much over. So this week although not as successful perhaps as last week i am still happy. Now looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow, about lunch time lol. May fast again on Friday as I am taking my Dad to see Andre Rieu as an early Christmas present and going straight from work.

Day 7 UK NFD

Finished my Fast today since Sunday eve, couldn’t quite make it till 8.30pm, finished lunchtime. Pocketeers and good wishes from everyone kept me strong.

Found out why I was irritable yesterday, im ill, just a little sore throat and headache that I hope will pass soon, lots of colds going round, but this group kept me away from the chocolate that I would have had comfort eating.

Hope everyone had a good day! 😀

Day 7, USA, Missouri Ozarks, Fasting

Well, doing more like 16/8 – trying to eat something in the afternoon before I leave work. Trying to keep my weight stable at 145. Working so far.

Exercise, fine. Water, fine.

It is going to be cooooolllllddddd the next couple of days. In the teens… But it is December – in Missouri !

Wishing you all well.

Day 7 FD – second fast day for the week. feeling full of cold though – find it hard when its cold but need to keep going!! Xmas party on Friday so will need to be careful with eating / drinking!

Day 7 | FD | Bucks UK

This week so far has been hard, don’t know why but it just has.
    I had to keep reminding myself that it was only Wednesday.
    It’s a mixture of lack of a good night’s sleep, sluggish tummy for the last few days and the most dullest weather (grey all day!)
    I did nearly cave in this FD at lunch but found a protein pot with a boil egg and spinach that saved me.
    😕

Day 7 Sussex U.K.
    NFD.
    Ciren – glad your day has gone better. Mine was hopeless. Will try for another 500 calorie day tomorrow.

Day 7 NFD
    Started off as third b2b fast but didn’t finish so well. We have had company all week so has not been easy to fast. I am going to try again over the weekend.

Day 8 FD Country West Australia
    After a lovely lunch with my mum and fellow residents at her Aged Care facility on Monday – turkey, ham, quiches, salad, pavlova, cheesecake, Christmas cake , all delicious and yummiferous – I have been on 500 calories or thereabouts. The good thing is that I didn’t go back for seconds and didn’t pile my plate high as I would have previously.
    I don’t think of going over my TDEE as ‘damage’ or ‘bad’ or anything negative. It was simply a day when I overate a lot of delicious food. Yesterday and today I will be mindful .

Day 7… Florida…. NFD

Didn’t quite make the 3rd day, but I’m happy to made it as far as I did. My husband was running errands and brought me a coffee from my favorite lil shop. Not to brag but I couldn’t ask for a better man to be married to. At the end of the month, we will celebrate 20 years as man and wife. Each and everyday, he treats me we the same way as he did when just started dating and can find new ways to show me his love.

Since I didn’t make the third day, I will continue on with my every other day fasting….
    I don’t see today as a failure but more as a success because although I didn’t make it, I’m still here and I’m still working towards my goals….
    well, I must be off…. homemade pizza tonight and I promised I would help put it together!
    Cheers!

Day 7 Minnesota, USA FD
    Very good FD, finally. Liquids only. Will hopefully catch up on posts tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone. Stay strong: it feels so good to succeed.

December Day 7|NFD|Toronto
    Sigh…the cakes are coming the cakes are coming; RUN!

NFD,Day 7, Canada

Ha,ha August, but do we run towards the cakes or run away from the cakes?

Day 8 – Melbourne – NFD

Yesterday turned into a fast all day, until guests arrived about 6pm then I nibbled at everything, so would have had well over 500 calls. On the other hand, probably not much over 1,000 cal, so it could have been worse.

@maui congratulations on being a long haul stayer, slowly but surely….wins the race! I hope to emulate you!

Day 8 UK NFD

Had an ok day yesterday. Wanted to just have two meals and didn’t manage that but within tdee and minimal carbs. It feel very hard work at the moment and I am sure will feel harder as we move though December. Have decided not to fast today as then will relax too much on Friday on the grounds it is nearly the weekend so will fast on Friday instead. Need to beat myself at the mind games…

Coda, I view the scales with fear and trepidation. Even when I am almost certain they will show a reduction I hate getting on. I am a long way off being able to hop on and off without being demoralised by a normal fluctuation and then wrecking the day by overeating. I know it’s crazy! Hopefully I will be able to change that in time.

Pissuposa, i have heard that mineral water is great growling tums. Apparently the mineral settle things down. Not sure it is true but I do drink a lot of the sparkling variety and rarely have the problem.

Happymargo, could you discuss with OH openly and say how good this WOL makes you feel and then try to make other mealtimes with him celebratory/make sure you have a chat over a coffee etc. My OH is quite used to it as my work life balance is sometimes non existent and I guess he is pretty long suffering or just glad of the downtime LOL….I think!

Day 8, Australia NFD

This whole weight loss thing is so temperamental. After my b2b2b with a total cal count of 1150, my quarter tdee for the three days would equal a total of 1425 cals, so well under, but the scale said 63.9kgs, up 600gm from last week still! Ha! Hoping it will drop later just randomly, a girl can hope. ☺ I’ll just keep it up, but it is getting harder to fit in the three days with everything on and was hoping to hit maintenance this week.
    Good luck everyone.

Day 8 – Staffordshire UK – NFD

Day 8 – London – NFD
    Got a work Christmas lunch at a restaurant today but I’ve looked at the menu online and will have the lighter options. Good luck fasters.

Morning here UK day 8 nfd (11.5 1/2)

@sarah you will get there and realise what doesn’t matter really doesn’t matter but it took me a long time so don’t worry – just keep the faith.

@Ciren how are you doing. You are just too hard on yourself. x

Day 8, NFD, New Zealand.

UK day 8 NFD good day yesterday, meeting up with friends tonight for food & drinks, aiming for the happy medium of having a good time and not feeling guilty tomorrow morning – something I really need to work on as the festive period looms as I don’t want to slip into the “I’ve blown it , may as well eat/ drink whatever and start again in the new year” thinking. Just decided I want my 01/01 weight to be at least the same as 01/12 – if not lower

Day 8, London

My intention for a FD today may clash with reality tonight, but I will try (going to an event where I am speaking (i.e., stress) and then there will cheese and wine (i.e., easy relaxation :-)). There are other planned things around food/drinks on all other days, too, so it has to be today.

Day 8 | Pune India | FD

Yesterday’s FD went to 700. So planning one more FD today.

@B2tf – I agree with you that with this diet we explore who we react to food, or how food affects us. But your concept of elimination diet – elimination on FD and adding on NFD is new to me. Could you please explain it a bit more?

Day 8….. Florida….. FD

I’ll check in later…… not much to say this morning!
    Have a great day!

Day 8 / Tweed Coast Australia / NFD

Having a difficult day, well it’s now evening. I’m just so tired and washed out and hungrier than usual. I’m not sleeping so well and I feel I’m in the midst of a vicious circle I’m having difficulty finding my way out of. It goes like this… I don’t sleep well, which makes me feel tired and is fatiguing and which leads to poorer quality sleep which subsequently makes me even more tired and the downward spiral continues. All of this leads to less focus and less energy for self care (for example so utterly exhausted, the idea of a walk around the block feels overwhelming). Anyway, I’ll get there and not meaning this to be a whinging post. I trust this process but is rough for the time being.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,551 through 2,600 (of 3,410 total)

You must be logged in to reply.