30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

This topic contains 3,401 replies, has 151 voices, and was last updated by  LindaSue 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 3,401 through 3,410 (of 3,410 total)

• lilymartin, you and I were in the same boat, if that is possible on opposite sides of the continent. Still. it’s behind us now. Someone put up on my Facebook today:

Whether you are 16 or 60, the rest of your life is ahead of you. You cannot change one moment of your past, but you can change your whole future. Now is your time. – Matthew Kelly.

Jason Fung talks about what he as a child called the second stomach phenomena: after the first stomach for regular food was full, he and his friends imagined that there was a second one for desserts. Somehow, despite being full, they still had room for highly refined carbohydrates like cake and pie – but not protein or fats. Highly refined processed foods somehow do not trigger the release of satiety hormones and we go ahead and eat that cake. Page 101 of his book The Obesity Code has some interesting insights into that.

January 1, 2017

Our November and December 2016 Holiday Challenges were a tremendous group success! Some weight gains were listed but I consider them very minor due to hospitalization and illnesses, travels, festivities, family visits and vacations. That the gains were so low is great for a December! We had some who maintained their weight through the holidays which was a super achievement that was better than most people not on our WOL. And we had some weight reductions which were also great. Here are the weigh-ins for those who posted them December 1-31:

5 Maintained their weight
    3 Gained 4.4 lbs, 2.2 lbs, and 2 lbs
    7 Reduced 7.8 lbs, 5 lbs, 2.4 lbs, 1.8 lbs, 1 lb, .66 lb, .6 lb

Congratulations to everyone of you who I consider my IF family!!!
    http://perfectlyflawed.info/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/celebrate.jpg

Thank you for shepherding us through 2 of the busiest months of the year, B2tF.
    Fantastic job!!

(Love that “jump for joy” celebration pic!)

Happy – your health and hospitalization have especially been on my mind the end of Dec. You have such a great attitude, you must be a tremendous, caring nurse yourself! The only reason we had the sweets in the house that I was able to resist is most of them were the carb based holiday traditions for the visiting family and grand children. The chocolate marshmallow rocky road was the hardest as I made it from some really good dark chocolate. But it’s starting to be the case that a little goes a long way for me if I’m not too tired or emotional. Take continued care as you recover and I will follow your progress on the January thread!

Thank you b2tf for all your work & those final numbers. I heard that the norm out there is a 5 lb weight gain over Christmas. I think those us on this WOL fared better than most.

See you on the January challenge.

Thanks for your wise shepherding over the last few months – job well done x

AnneMarilyn & Brighton – I totally agree, we had tremendous success and it was entirely my pleasure to shepherd such a wonderful group!

Hey guys, follow me (FB page link copied below) on my insightful, humorous, and honest 5:2 journey https://m.facebook.com/ohforFatSake/

Day 14, India, FD

After a couple of weeks of missing FD’s and eating out and eating more
    carbs, my scales are moving in the wrong direction. My plan is to get back
    to 4:3 starting today. Just want to get back to 69kgs, thats where I was
    last month.

sorry, meant to post on the nov 2017 thread..

Viewing 10 posts - 3,401 through 3,410 (of 3,410 total)

You must be logged in to reply.