30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

This topic contains 3,401 replies, has 151 voices, and was last updated by  LindaSue 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,501 through 2,550 (of 3,410 total)

• US SC Day 6 FD

First fd done and dusted. Feeling fine this morning.

I have arthritis in my middle finger of my right hand (and no, not from overuse πŸ™‚) It was very painful over the weekend when my company was here and the cake and candy was flowing. But on my FD’s the pain subsides to where I hardly notice it at all. I really wish I could just cut sugar from my life. I feel so much better without it.

Coda… exciting news for your trip. If you ever make it to the southeast US let me know.. would love to meet up.

Portugal day 6 second b2b FD
    Yesterday FD was a warm up for today’s! I reckon I went over the 500 cal when I decided soup was not enough. I joined the rest of family and had a slither of lasagne and salad also. But today will hopefully be better. I am making dessert for company we are having tonight so I must not lick the spoon!! I did some HIIT this morning which felt good and hopefully a short walk this pm.
    Have a good day all fasters and non fasters.

Australia Day 6 NFD I made healthy soft tacos tonight – small wholemeal tortillas, lean grilled steak that had been rubbed with Mexican spices, avocado, a little grated cheese, lettuce and a lean salsa of tomatoes, pomegranate seeds and coriander. Yummo, bummo ! πŸ™‚

Georgia/USA/DAY6/NFD:

Yesterday turned out okay after my morning breakdown. LOL. All in all it was for the best. Helped me put things into perspective. Have a wonderful day!

Debbie when you put SC is that South Carolina? We have 2 nights in Chicago, 2 in Minneapolis, one night on train, 3 nights in glacier National park, another night on train and 3 in Seattle. So if anyone is on or near that route?

Coda, yes I’m in upstate South Carolina so nowhere near where you’re going to be unfortunately.

Coda – I am about 2 hours from O’Hare Airport (Chicago) – when do you come through?

Day 6 – USA (Utah visiting)

NFD — keeping busy with daughter and granddaughters. I am glad to be on maintenance and not having to fast too often trying to help feed them!

How y’all doing, pocket fasters? Hugs and support to you all!

@songbird arrive 12.05 6 June leave 14.15 8 June.

@debbie it was only when looking at maps etc you realise USA is so vast! I come from a wee island that you can travel from top to bottom in a day lol

Day 6| NFD|Toronto
    FD went well yesterday. I have a question for the room; Is it good practice to think your current weight is what you see after a FD? I am starting to think that a post 2 or 3 days of NFD’s is more realistic, if not as encouraging? I guess it really does not matter as long as you are seeing a positive move to meeting waist size and body fat goals.
    Best to all, especially the B2B’s!

Day 6 WA USA FD

Day 1 of B2B went okay. I was glad I had my bone broth to heat up at school. We were on a 2 1/2 hour delay schedule due to weather so my schedule was off. I didn’t have time to run home for a lunch break. The broth was simple to warm up in the microwave when I had a short break. Stayed to the 500 cal with a light supper. Feeling great this morning & looking forward to day 2 of the fasting. It’s another late start so have more bone broth at the ready.

Weight was back down this morning. Looking forward to more downward movement.

LEW, it is interesting that as you are heading to bed, in this part of the world we’re getting going on the day you just finished. That’s one of the fun things of this international forum.

Day 6 second post

B2B FD going ok so far, but my stomach sounds like it’s got a hungry lion stuck inside – roaring VERY loudly :-p

All the best to everyone – fasting or not

Day 6– Colorado, USA– NFD

Really not able to Fast this close to post-op. Need adequate nutrition for bone healing & food to buffer gut from the required meds.
    But if you all don’t mind, I will still continue to hang around & keep up with all the daily posts.

My new goal for December will be to maintain. I’d consider it a “win” to not gain weight thru the holidays!

Day 6; Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Oh dear Patti67…I fell by the wayside at 5.25pm yesterday….and I’m still trying to pick myself up..sigh!
    How did you get on?

NYC, Day 6,NFD. 120.7

Good fast day yesterday.

Hi Ciren as you got your porridge at 6.30am yesterday and lasted until 5.25pm that is almost a fast of 12 hours is it not? Not bad for someone maintaining. Still think you are too hard on yourself.

Day 6 UK FD

oh little miss humpy today I am. Irritated as have a sore throat and been sitting in traffic for an hour on a ten minute drive, and where I would go to the fridge I am not as then will have let my fellow pocketeers down and myself, then I would be more annoyed but this time because of myself.

Moan moan, had dinner probably slightly over 500 cals but treating it as FD, my FDs are all one meal only either lunch or dinner depending on hunger. Lots of warm water and lemon, good for throat also.

Staying out of people’s way today, walk my 10,000 steps, then bath and bed, best place for me!

Hope all are doing well but with less attitude than I have! Good thing is outwardly I laugh so no one knows!
    Thanks for listening to me rant!

Day 6 – Cumbria UK – second b2b FD

Woke up early this morning 0530hrs not feeling hungry but just wide awake – strange …………

Good FD so far – had a lovely walk in the mist this morning with friends and felt good afterwards – enjoyed a skimmed milk latte afterwards and had a good catchup with the runners in our group as well

Tummy noises has been remarkably absent so far for me @pissupoosa

However by mid afternoon I felt very hungry, but thinking about the pocket fasters kept me on the straight and narrow and had a cup of hot water with lemon and hunger feelings went away – I then had a manicure booked so that kept me happily distracted.

Chicken soup for dinner and looking forward to that later – so will hopefully come in below my 500cals for the day again!

@august2024 – I would say that so long as you always weigh at the same time roughly eg. first thing on waking after a FD or a NFD it should reflect your true weight – weight does fluctuate throughout the week and time of the day

@happymargo – good luck with the recovery – you are wise to eat a healthy diet whilst recovering – plenty of protein to help with healing

@ciren2 – as @coda says look at the positive side of what you achieved and remember you are maintaining not trying to lose. I’m doing the B2B FDs to help negate the extra food/drink that will no doubt be involved in my visit down south to see friends – that thought has certainly helped my resolved to complete the B2B FDs!

I’ll be wrapping up xmas present later so that they are all ready to take with me tomorrow on my visit down south to catch up with old friends so that should keep me occupied and distracted from food thoughts

Good luck to the pocket fasters and all on this group who are on a NFD or FD

Day 7, FD, New Zealand. Have woken up feeling good and ready to crack on with my first b2b2b. The scales are down after 2 FDs, so I want to consolidate that loss as I find there is a little evening out after NFDs. But it’s so encouraging to check my tracker graph and see the overall downward trend. I don’t mind the little upward blips at all.
    Well done to everyone getting through their days however they can.

Trying to be positive, I AM, I am…but my weight is two pounds above my goal weight. I’ve put on two pounds. I MUST fast tomorrow, I MUST! When I start eating I become an EATING-MACHINE. I can’t help worrying that all that fat will come back….remorselessly.
    Patty67: my team-mate…where are you, are you doing ok?
    Coda: I SO appreciate your pep talks…what do/did you do for a living? I can imagine you as a counsellor!
    AT: Thanks also…kind words mean so much to me. They DO help.

Day 6 | NFD | Bucks UK

Day 6. Sussex U.K.
    FD.
    Ciren – each tomorrow we start again. Remember, keep on keeping on. You WILL be strong again.
    Let today go and look back at how far you have come. It is fantastic.
    I was going for 500 cals yesterday and today but both days I am nearer 600.
    I do ok without breakfast. Much better if I just have water for most of day. However yesterday I was meeting friends and went for a cheese and spinach omelette. Then got talked into small trifle. Grrrr.
    Today have been out with OH. Small chicken salad for lunch. Homemade soup tonight.
    We are both retired and it is sometimes difficult for him to eat on his own. He doesn’t have any hobbies. Just twice a week to the gym and daily dog walk. We spend almost all of our time together and he is skinny! So I think I sometimes eat to keep him company. Snacking in the evening etc. Ridiculous.
    I am going out to choir this evening so hopefully will be safe.
    I think I will try and miss out breakfast on a regular basis and drink less tea and coffee.

Still Day 6 Surrey UK FD I am calling in now for tomorrow because I won’t be able to log in tomorrow. FD went well, had nothing to eat all day, some tea, one coffee, one cup of bone broth. Fascinated by the fact that I wasn’t even hungry…amazing! This evening had some green veg and half a cup of rice. The rice was a bit of a let down, but never mind! A few weeks ago I could never see myself fasting for two whole days. Tomorrow will continue the fast for as long as it is comfortable, so tomorrow will be the 3rd day. I was hoping to do liquid only right through, but it didn’t happen.
    Will check in as soon as I can…thank you all you pocket fasters, you were enormously helpful. Good luck everyone on here!

Hi Ciren lol no I am not a counsellor. I work in an office.

Two lbs is nothing – for your exercise this week I want you to step on the scales once a day, same time and same clothes, if any. I want you to note it and move on, don’t think about it, don’t worry about it – just note it. I want you to do this for a week, you are just observing your body as though you are viewing someone else. Not sure if you noticed my weight increased 3lbs overnight (no rhyme nor reason) and has gone down just one lb since. You don’t know how lucky you are being at maintenance, how many people would love to be where you are. So lets get things into perspective, you have lost how much? The fact you are still here, I have every confidence in you, even if you do not, that you will not put the weight back on. You have found a way to live for the rest of your life. It would be only if you abandoned this way way of eating, then you may have a problem. Why not enjoy this new found slimness that you have achieved. Instead of beating yourself up and stressing – relax a little. Observe and congratulate yourself on how well you look and how far you have come. Remember my climb up the mountain? When I got to the top I enjoyed the panoramic view – which was the whole point of climbing the mountain – if I thought the homeward journey would be as hard as climbing up would I have even started? Remember the fast/feast, as long as you follow that you will be fine. Observing and noticing how you feel and if you feel heavy, then fast. You are in the fine position of learning how to maintain. It may take a bit of tweaking but beating yourself up is not the answer. Tell me what would you say to someone else? I can’t imagine you would be saying you must fast, you must fast! What if you tried to do a few 12 hour fasts a week, begin with breakfast as you have an early start and an evening meal 12 hours later, then you will fast overnight. Rather than beat yourself up because you are not doing 36 hour fasts. Try this and observe, if you need to tweak it, you can. I don’t think you need to be doing extended fasts when you are maintaining. Begin easy and if you need every once in a while to extend then do so. You are just stressing yourself, as if you haven’t enough stress getting all that extra post and parcels delivered. What do you do to relax?

Australia Day 7 NFD – apologies @back2thefuture, I had the incorrect date on yesterday’s post. I have now corrected that post and am now posting on the real Day 7! Will have a Christmas dinner with friends tonight – four courses so wish me luck!

Day 6, Gozo. Malta, NFD

Ate more than my TDEE today. Had a breast ultra sound after a memogram came with a suspicious spot, and I was told that it was normal. My husband and daughter come with me. Such a relief.

Good evening/night everyone.

Just starting on this adventure…little sketchy about what “time” to start fast. 2:00pm – 2:00pm???
    Or from evening…done eating to the next evening?
    Looking for input. Thanks All!

Day 6 USA Hawaii NFD
    18: 6 today…LCHF seems to be working… finally got up the nerve to step on the scale this morning after several weeks. 169.8 lb which barely takes me out of the 170’s… hopefully for good. Probably had some 24 hour periods with 500 calories or less but I’ve been too busy to focus like I should. Anyway, I was pleased with the friendly scale this morning. Everyone’s posts remind me to never give up. I grabbed onto the 18:6 and 16:8 eating windows just to keep afloat during a rough time. Hope to get focused and properly log my FD’s going forward.

Hi wellme welcome – do whatever suits you best, take it slow and build up as you become accustomed. Are you planning on joining our challenge? This link may help answer some questions – if it works

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Day 6…. Florida….. FD

Day 2 of our b2b, I feel good and my moodiness has subsided. Thank goodness!
    Most of the day, it was busy, so to be honest, I’m not sure if I was hungry or not. Although, dinner is in the oven so my belly is a talking.
    I’ve only eaten 110 calories so far, roast beef and veggies for dinner. I’ll stay with in my 500 calories!
    Since I feel nice, I’m going to continue on to the third day.
    Well, dinner is a calling! Have a great night!

@Ciren just another thought – while reading the ultimate guide to fasting I thought of you. Here is the bit in the book
    On my first attempt to do a 24 hour fast, I only lasted 22 hours. But I told myself that 22 hours was still a great success. After all it was 22 hours longer than I had ever fasted before. I wasn’t even hungry by the end of the 22 hours. I didn’t need to eat – I just wanted to. That was when I truly knew that fasting is mind over matter.

I just wonder deep down is your mind telling you, you don’t need to fast sure you have lost your weight.
    You can fast, as you have done so time after time and you are the one who gave me the courage to try liquid fasts. So it has to be a mind game? When you break a fast – is it real hunger or that you deserve something? If you feel real hunger then you should eat, you may need it but don’t feel guilty. If you feel I deserve something try bargaining with yourself – yes I do deserve something but you know what I’ll have it later or I’ll have a nice bath instead. And you know what, if you do decide to have what you want, don’t feel guilty either and use fasting as a punishment because you feel you blew it. I must fast, I must fast! Why? Fasting is to me the build up to feeling hungry to savour and enjoy a meal. That was so lacking in my constant grazing of before. Get the enjoyment back. Hope this may make some sense, if not hugs and just keep keeping on and we will still be here for you till you get over this bump in the road.

Day 6 – London, UK – NFD

Sorry I’m afraid life got in the way of my b2b FD this week!! However I hve eaten minimally and, whilst not 500 cals, certainly not more than 700 and lots of exercise too!

Off to Rome early in the morning so, with the itinerary we have, will be off the radar ’til Sunday!! Will definitely be going for b2b FD Sunday dinner to Wednesday breakfast next week….love Italian food!! On the upside we will be moving non stop so hopefully help damage control.

Good luck all, will look forward to trying to catch up on the many posts I will miss!!

Day 6 USA FD
    Somewhat over my 1/4 of TDEE today, but it was an improvement over the last couple of weeks. I may try another FD tomorrow and then Friday as well. I need to reset my appetite, and get back to a lower carb intake to help decrease cravings. Very much looking forward to getting back into this WOE, and feeling as good as I did back in the beginning of October when I met my weight goal.
    Good luck!

Day 7 – Melbourne – FD

Have guests for nibbles/drinks early evening, so not eating all day, hoping to find no more than 500 calories in party food… hmmm… maybe I should cut up some vegie stix.

Day 7 – New Zealand – FD

Well today was a NFD and I’m sure I have exceeded my daily calorie allowance. I had breakfast this morning and for some reason that seems to set me up for eating/grazing all day long, especially later in the afternoon. I am better off not eating until lunchtime and I like the feeling of an empty stomach. Someone asked me this morning if I had lost weight though and that made me feel good.

I will do b2b FDs from 8 pm tonight until Friday morning, eating under 500 calories for dinner on Wednesday and Thursday. I hope that can reset my mojo.

Day 6: Pacific NW USA, 2nd of b2b FD’s, liquid only today and actually feeling no pain. (Ha!) I knew I was going to have a pedal-to-the-medal day at work so I decided to start out with my feet actually on pedals with a 40 minute HIIT bike ride this morning. Then as expected I had to be on the top of my game all day but now I can relax after logging in all you wonderful fasters and non-fasters. I will continue on liquid only with the b2b2b tomorrow until 450 cal tomorrow at dinner.

Coda!!! Definitely want to find a way to meet you in Seattle in June!!! It will certainly give me a new benchmark for what, by then, I hope will be maintenance So this site better still be going so we can make an appointment!

Pissupoosa – we cannot be let down by you, of course you are still in our pockets for your FD

Happy – of course you should keep hanging with us

Lynz -“pocketeers”, I love it!

Hannah – I think I did figure out what day you were really posting.

Maui – good for you to get out of those 170’s with the 16:8’s etc!

Anna – so happy for your good news!

I will weigh in the morning, after fasting, as I have done on the same day of the week since May. My theory is I want to compare apples-to-apples from one week to the next. I don’t know if that is my “true weight” but does make for a comparison on the tracker.

Day 7 (30+7) Sunshine Coast Qld Aus: Unexpected guest in form of my daughter and 2 granddaughters turned up at lunch yesterday. So all I managed was 40 hour fast. Thought I would fast today but indulged in lunch with my g-sons as I cooked them rice noodles with healthy stir fry. May have esten some nuts. Isn’t it incredible how quickly what you have put in your mouth slides out of your mind😳😒. This is meant to be a way of life or a way of eating but I still very much have a diet mentality. The mind games really are the hardest. Are they driven by insulin? Don’t know.

Day 6, FD Canada
    LAEL, got a good night’s sleep and that has made all the difference with completing my FD today-thanks for your support. Will remember next time I am not well rested to move my fast day rather than risking a cookie splurge like I had yesterday, sigh . . .

Coda I like your description of fasting building up to feeling hungry, yes very apt.

HappyMargo hope you are not in much pain post surgery, hope the recovery goes smoothly.

Day 7 UK NFD

A much needed successful 36 hour liquid fast yesterday. Thank goodness for the accountability here. I am sure I would not have made it through yesterday without that. Have decided to break fast this morning but will be keeping it low amd planning the rest of the week to give the best outcome for weigh in on Saturday. Respect to those of you who weigh daily. I don’t think I could take the pressure!

Anna6, happy to read your good news.

Have a good day everyone.

Day 6 – Los Angeles – NFD

Today went great. Tomorrow is a fast day. Looking forward but I have another dinner and I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m sure it will work out but I’m not sure how yet.

MB

Day 7 | Derbyshire UK | NFD

Correction again b2tf! Many apologies, yesterday was a NFD although both Mon and Tues were low calorie days. Due to unexpected family concerns I won’t be able to fast this week, but I will be very mindful of what I eat and try to remain as low cal as possible.

Good luck this week to everyone else xx

Day 7 – Staffordshire UK – NFD – 152.2lb

My goal for Dec is maintenance, and still weigh same as 1st Dec so pleased, especially as every day in between has been higher!

Today a NFD and a Christmas party with my Brownie Guides later to look forward to.

Day 7, FD, New Zealand – second post. Just finished dinner on third day of fasting. Probably over 500 cals, maybe 600-650, but seeing as I’m about 72 hours into back-to-back fasts, I’m giving myself permission for a few extra mouthfuls. Am actually amazed I am capable of 3 days consecutive fasting – not so long I would have convinced myself I would faint from hunger if I didn’t have chocolate between lunch and dinner! And now Iook – I’m enjoying the experience of eating just once day and appreciating food all the more. And really appreciating that I can fit my old summer clothes comfortably.

Day 7 – Cumbria UK – FD/NFD

Great night’s sleep last night…………

Well I started the B2B FDs after dinner on Sunday night (1930hrs) under 500 cal days on Mon and Tues and planning to stay on fluids only today until dinner tonight with one of my best friends (so that will make it a 72hr period). I shall try and not go overboard tonight even though plenty of wine will no doubt be consumed with a great home cooked meal by lovely BF

Weight this morning = 54.7kg (just a bit under my goal weight) happy with this – will give me some leeway for the feasting that will take place over the next week!!!
    Will not be doing any FDs until next Tuesday (when I’m driving back) will weigh in on Wed next week to see the outcome of my week of indulgence………may need to continue on B2B FDs on Wednesday

Getting ready now to go to my Yoga class before the long drive down south to see friends and have a pre xmas catch up!

Will post in daily to help keep me accountable – Thank you for the support this week pocket fasters!

Day 7 – London – FD
    It has warmed up in London so fasting should be easier today. Planning a liquid only day.

Day 6 | Pune India | FD
    Day 7 | Pune India | FD

@at – thanks a lot, I will try the distraction this weekend
    @happymargo – Wish you a speedy recovery! It must be difficult to move around with double cast!

This time I am finding the fast to be a bit difficult. Must be because of my 5 days of carb fest! Previously I have gone thru fast days without feeling hungry in past, but this time there are pangs and a mild headache even on a second day. I have also observed that if I eat my calories in carb, it becomes difficult for me to be below 500 cals. One discovers so many things about one’s eating nature in this WOL!

UK day 7 NFD Been debating how to post this – Didn’t complete the b2b, a friend turned up with mince pies to accompany a cup of tea and I chose to eat it, other than that it was a good day so taking a leaf from Codas book I’m looking at it as a partial success, I’m going back to basics ( again !) 2 non consecutive fasts a week and what I really need to work on are the NFDs – so today I’m aiming to eat sensibly but most importantly NOT obsess about food which I found myself doing yesterday .

Alanix – hope you enjoy Rome I was there in Feburary and it was lovely without the summer crowds.

Good morning, lovely people.

Day 7, London, NFD

The FD yesterday was fine- during the day, I had one Americano coffee, a small cup of broth and a small cup of miso, then fish+broccoli in the evening. I did have a couple of handfuls of almonds after dinner- which took me above the 500 cal limit, but I still count the day as a success. That’s because, being in a more mindful state, I don’t automatically go into “I’ll eat ‘cos I blew it” mode. Oh, and I ignored the huge pile of mince pies that the “feeders” in work had left in the kitchenette. So, I am pleased.

Weighed myself this morning, I have not lost weight this week, but that’s fine and part of the plan (i.e., consolidate/retain the weight loss, modest as it was, during the festive season).

Day 7, Australia FD

Day 3 of b2b2b! All done and dusted, off to bed soon. Stayed under 400 cals today, really looking forward to breakfast tomorrow and all sorts of food I have thought about at various times today. I wouldn’t be surprised though if I wake up not hungry though and don’t eat until lunch time, as that is what seems to happen. It’s mainly the idea of the did that I want I think. Either way I’ve completed my b2b2b and hopefully I’ll see a drop tomorrow on the scales, hoping to reach my goal by my birthday which is this weekend. Last week I was 300 gms over it but this morning after b2b fasts I was 1.1kgs above it! Very funny how the body holds on and let’s go and who even knows. Have made sure to drink more water today and hopefully that helps.
    Great job all of the pocket fasters, and all the b2b2b fasters you may still be going. Keep it up!

Viewing 50 posts - 2,501 through 2,550 (of 3,410 total)

You must be logged in to reply.