HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,651 through 4,700 (of 7,330 total)

• Just to let you know Milena and I are going to the fast beach diet. We start on Monday in case anyone fancy a joining us.

I have just bought the book on kindle 99p and delivered within the minute. In case anybody doesn’t know you can get the kindle app free from the App Store. Also available in countries apart from UK.

I wasn’t going to buy it but for 99p it was too much of a bargain to resist. If you have this version and want the planner to print out let me know and I will post the link here.

Ginette

An interesting fact I found from the book – government reccomended guidelines for protein are 50gms. So littles I know I have 100-150 on a fast day and more on others as this includes eggs, cheese, milk, youghurts etc.

That was a big shock. I shall measure out 50 grm of chicken next week and see what it looks like. A child’s version I imagine.

Sorry I forgot to mention this isn’t your allowance on FBD. Normal rules apply stick within calorie range. Eat what you want but non carbs are best on fast days. You can include vegetables and fruit. You can include carbs but they are calorie dense.

Ginette

Hi ginette there are 6 grams of protein in eg 30 grams of chicken. I can’t remember where I found this out as I read so much around the topic. You need 0.8g protein per kilo of body weight. I measure mine according to my goal weight. This means for me 72g protein = approx 400 g meat / eggs / chicken etc per day. That’s fine!! (7 x 6 = 42)

Hello all,
    Good to catch up with everyone’s posts. Going to try a fast day today…I’m off the steroids and just taking the muscle relaxants, which I think my stomach can tolerate without food. Had a good nights sleep last night with just some minor discomfort in the leg first thing this morning when arising, so healing is happening, just slowly. It took about 6 1/2 weeks when I had something similar 10 years ago…I’m about 4 weeks into this now so I need to be patient. Have started gentle stretching twice a day.
    Hope to get a nice walk in today on the beach–this vacation so far has been a bust, no beach, no golf…Oh well, we have had nice visits with family so not a total bust.
    Have a good day whether fasting or not.

Freyat

Thank goodness for that I was counting it as 50 grams of chicken. Phew!!

Thanks for the info.

What a relief…..

Fastdiet1115

I am glad that you seem on the mend. When I sprained my leag it was more like 12 weeks but 6 to sleep comfortably. I hope week by week you will see a difference.

Ginette

Hi All

No drain tuna in spring water on offer at asda 6 individual portion cans Β£3.00.

68 calories. Nice with salad carb free noodles or whatever else takes your fancy. Has anyone ever had tuna omlette? I think I might have tuna, boiled egg and salad it would make a nice lunch.

Sorry I am posting this on a few threads to let people know.

Tuna Chilli! Just use your usual chilli recipe (for me that’s onions ‘sweated’ in a little water for 10 minutes or so), then add tinned tomatoes (or fresh if in Spain or Sri Lanka for example!), mushrooms, red beans, tomato puree if you want, red/green or yellow peppers, a little sugar (just to take off the acidity of the tomatoes and give a softer flavour, about a desertspoon in a big pan), and a grated carrot or two (yes, carrot!) then cook your spices in a little olive oil – chilli powder (hot or mild depending how you like it), plus any or all of: paprika, garam massala, cayenne pepper (very hot!) and loads of herbs (whatever you like, fresh if poss, but dried is fine). Then, in place of minced beef, use a tin or two of tuna (drained of brine). Very low fat, low cal and lush! Serve either with just a big green salad, or if you like carbs, brown rice or a jacket or sweet potato.
    Enjoy!
    (Wish I was in the UK to take advantage of the Asda offer!)
    Slimmersylv

Hi Ginette K
    Where did you get the Kindle edition of the book for 99p please? I just looked on Amazon, but can’t see a version of it for that price.
    Thanks
    Slimmersylv

Slim it was only on offer for that one day. I created a new thread to inform everyone, It’s Β£3.14 now. I bet there are some free 5:2 cookbooks on kindle, I’m going to search.

Jaye

No free 5.2 cook books but several others that are worth a browse. Several cheap 5.2 books though.

Hi Slimmersylv, Jaye

Sorry it was that when I posted. It has now gone up to Β£4.79

Link is here in case it goes down again.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fast-Beach-Diet-super-fast-programme-ebook/dp/B00K1GBDLS/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

Maybe it will be lower in the week or am I being optimistic.

Ginette

This one is free!

Lots of meal plans on here free

Also recipes

http://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/food/500-calorie-meal-plans-52-diet/

It looks good

Ginette

Wany one else having problems with their tracker today? Mine isn’t there, click on my tracker and its a blank page. πŸ™

Hi Jaye

The tracker on what? On this site I have just checked and it is working

There is also one on the FBD app.

Ginette

Thanks Ginette,

it was on here. I deleted my saved page and started fresh and then like magic it was there lol.

Ginette I have started a new thread, hoping someone who’s tuned into HIT can help me adapt the jogging game on wii fit. I’ve done it twice now, first one I documented in the new thread. This time I jogged as fast as I could, without stepping off the board lol 4 times for 10 seconds through the 3 min jog. For me that’s like a 10 min jog to a normal person as I have to lift my leg from my hip to get my left foot jogging lol. Thank God I am doing this at home and alone! What a sight lol.

I have put a tea towel over my NescafΓ© cappuccinos so I don’t see them an inadvertently make one on NFDs lol. Wow no coffee, no grog! That’s dedication lol.

My Brother has started Fasting today, although just sticking to his TDEE which I worked out for him. He’ll fast tomorrow. Give him all the tips, count and weigh EVERYTHING! even if you cheat do you know when and how much you cheated. Said to not make sugar the forbidden fruit but as a normal food he chooses not to eat each day. Tomorrow if you really want it, have it. But, if you say to yourself agsin that ypu choose not to have it again, fantastic. That’s how I look at cakes, biscuits, chocolate etc. One day at a time I choose not to have it. He gets married Aug 1st (I’m wearing the blue/teal dress). So let’s hope he loses lots.

I need to get that chart working for FBDThink if I use my lsptop instead of my ipad I will be able to edit it?

Hope your fast is going well.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi Jaye

Yes going fine thank you. I don’t find fast days a problem, but I do look forward to an evening meal.

I have 5 cups of tea and about two pints of water…..certainly not dehydrated. I’m glad your brother is joining you.

There is an app called interval timer. It counts for you. I have programmed mine for 10 seconds on and then rest time and then another 10 seconds time. Also warm up time.

Will do it later when it gets cooler and before dinner.

Ginette

Hi Ginette,

You are such a gadget girl! So am I, loading it now lol.

Hey I gave you duff info on the caffiene. It doesn’t say to not drink it, in fact they think coffee is good for us. It said try to drink it black (uggg). I can manage a filter coffee with maybe 2/3 tablespoons of milk but that’s as good as it gets. I already have it without sugar lol. So…. I am going to continue drinking my cappuccinos. I like to have milk in my diet for calcium and if I don’t have a coffee I don’t have any. I can easily incorporate a med cap at 102 cals at Costa.

How are you adapting your exercise to HIT. I’m coming at it from no exercise, just very short walking in my everyday life.

Is there an app to count our steps on iPhone?

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi Jaye

It is the health app the one that comes with a little red heart. This counts steps. Your Costa is about equivalent to my 5 cups of tea. I use skimmed milk the fresh one is awful like water I get mine from Aldi, lisle or asda the Caron one that I don’t have to keep in the fridge.

I like a coffee once in a while. I sometimes have the NescafΓ© cappuccino, although I haven’t since being on 5:2 so I don’t know the calories.

I have just looked it up 77.

I haven’t had sugar in drinks for over 30 years. I couldn’t drink tea or coffee with it now.

I am going to to do HIIT three times a week and my other exercises two or three times a week. I do these for toning and cardio but will have to also maybe add some muscle training ones in somehow.

I expect the first week to be a bit tricky adapting the exercises but hopefully week two will be easier. Not sure if I can manage without any treats. Maybe will give in to about 4 midget gems here and there not on a fast day. I haven’t got anything else apart from aniseed balls in. I used to love these I haven’t had any since starting this but one instead of the midget gems will be ok.

This will be a huge difference. I am finding it hard thinking about it and yet I never have any on Monday and Wednesday.

I read that sugar helps with stress, maybe that’s why I feel the need. At least I can restrict it now to a really small amount.

Ginette

That’s not correct about the NescafΓ© cappuccino, Ginette. Unless there is a 3rd kind. . The skinny one is 54 and the Unsweetened cappuccino is 56. It says on the box and it’s listed in MyFitnesspal too. I have one most NFDs with lunch. I never put sugar in a cappuccino but if I had filter coffee I used too until I started this. But it’s rare I would drink filter.

As for the treats I think you have to battle that with your mind. If your having bang on 500 cals on a FD and you make healthy good choices, ie meat, none starchy veg, salads, minimal carbs and NO sugar the next day should really curb your sweet tooth? I think if you could look at sweets as ‘normal foods’, not forbidden or bad foods but something that you just should not have every day or every couple of days and enjoy fruit and greek yogurt as a nice snack you would find that you can break your addiction to sugar. Please don’t tell yourself sugar is good for stress, that’s just a bad excuse for you to indulge and spoil your great progress. A well balanced diet is good for stress, exercise and talking, even coffee lol but not sugar, not in any world. You love it because you are addicted, just thinking about not having a ‘treat’ makes you feel you are struggling. How about 1/2 times a week on specific days you ‘choose’ to eat something that is sweet. Get it out of your mind that it’s a treat, or something to look forward to or can’t live without. Attempt to make eating sweet things normal to have once or twice a week and try not to have it the day after a fast. Give yourself 2 full days without something sugary. What’s the worst thing that would happen to you if I came and took everything sweet out of your home. Left you with only fruit, veg, salad, meats, fish, greek yoghurt, some cheese, coffee, tea and said you are banned from bringing anything else into the house? You can do it Ginette, I have done it. 2 desserts in 10 weeks. I love sugar too, I could have cake or biscuits most days, I actively choose to have something else. Don’t see it as not choosing to have it but choosing to have something else. How about mini light Babybels, 42 cals each, or the odd unsweetened jelly? Have that instead of something sweet. Look for other things to replace it. I promise your weight loss will increase if you can get your head around cutting down on sweet things. Look how far you have come already. Let the fasting process help you to eat a more normal way, where sweet things are few and far between because your brain has trained your body to eat because you are hungry and not because the cakes are calling. ️Break the sugar cycle Ginette, this 6 weeks will really help you as we are not supposed to have any. Hey the odd NescafΓ© cappuccino would be good. Milky things tend to taste sweet. I’m giving up Alcohol lol you give up sweet things. At the end of 6 weeks it will be an occasional thing we eat/drink and won’t be bothered by it.

I’ve got that app but I can’t figure out how to set it up for my exercise lol. Found a step counter too.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Sorry Jaye. I looked it up as I haven’t got any and this is what it gave me. Confusing……

I didn’t tell myself that it was good for stress I just read it. It won’t make me eat more. I don’t normally eat a lot of sweet things and never use sugar. I don’t want to feel deprived and so if my 4 midget gems stop that it is fine by me. Of course I will count them now. I do have sugar free jelly sometimes with fruit and yoghurt lovely…..

I am looking forward to dinner and just trying to get around my fitness pal app that is telling me that 100 Mls of skimmed milk are 35 calories. Whereas on the box the milk comes in it is 28 calories. I have about 250mls but I always count it at 100 calories for my milk allowance, whereas it would only be 84 for 300mls. This allows for an extra cup if I want it.

So as you can see I err on the side of caution.

Ginette

I think the key is MODERATE eating on non fast days. I have been eating moderately for years and unable to lose any weight. I am 77 and I am thick around the middle, have always been fairly slim except for that. My TDEE is 1519 calories and I am eating around 1100 – 1113 calories on non-fast days. My goal was to lose 10 lbs and I have lost 7 in two months. I eat some protein with every meal, some fruit as well. Small portions, no snacks. Small portions is key. 3 oz of meat for example. Lots of lettuce and normal amounts of vegetables, and not many carbs. Fruit for dessert. My only problem has been constipation, and that means eating prunes and psyllium, and stool softener daily, but that keeps things moving pretty well but not great.

Hi Linette

Nice to see you posting. You sound as if you are doing well. You don’t have a lot to lose and so weight loss seems to be slower then. Just stick with it.

That doesn’t seem to be many calories on a non fast day though. It may be that you are petite but make sure you are getting the right kinds of foods.

I eat lots of vegetables. Many more than before. This is no hardship as I really enjoy tgem and can eat four types in a day. This evening i have sprouts, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. A nice mix.

Only three pounds to go for you so your are insight of your target.

Has your waist size changed?

Ginette

Go with what they say on the package. I watched a show and they tested loads of packaged food to check if the calories were right. They were all either correct or 10% more or less. I think that’s pretty good so go with the package. I tend to scan things into MyFitnesspal because if you go on what others put as a calorie count for their food it’s often different. So if I have chicken from Lidl, I scan the pack, weigh the chicken I’m having and put it in that way. Chicken differs from store to store. It is all very confusing and annoying.

The point about feeling deprived is just that, and I am saying this in general, not just to you, why should sweet things be so important that we feel deprived if we don’t have it regularly? You wouldn’t feel deprived if someone limited green beans in your daily food plan lol. Maybe it’s just me, but I never again want to feel controlled by food, have a desperate need to eat sweet foods or feel deprived if I choose not to have any at all for weeks. I want it to be very much less important to me. We saw how those 4 custard creams blew a huge hole in a TDEE. That was the purpose of me starting this way of life. Not to incorporate things that gave me more cravings in my daily life but to learn that I could be completely content choosing not to have it. That’s why it’s all built around how insulin works in our bodies and how sweets things upset it. I want to have a bit of cake at a birthday party of special occasion, not as a ‘goto’ food. I don’t want to be addicted to and controlled by carbs and sugar, I now control them. I meet my sisters and instead of having coffee and cake we just have coffee. When we met for cake we all just got fatter by the week lol. However, this is just how I choose to see it and my personal views.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hello LOACA,
    Lots of good advice here. Thank you Lades.
    Are there any Type 2 diabetics out there on this lifestyle? I would love to hear about your experiences and of any obstacles you encountered. So far so good with me, but I have had a couple of instances where my sugar plummeted and I ended up overcompensating with sweets.
    My admiration goes to all of you out there.
    Thank you ,
    Helen.

Hi Helen

There is a diabetes thread. There are some brilliant results as well.

Just have a look at popular threads. Good luck I know people on the other thread have worked with their doctors and have managed to reduce or even stop medication. Obviously take full advice from your doctor and I hope you find. Way of working around it.

I would love to know how you are doing so keep posting here.

Ginette

Hi everyone,

Another Monday, and this time absolutely no weight loss. This is the first time, so I guess I can’t be that upset. I haven’t varied my diet so I’m assuming I’ve plateaued. I’m feeling a lot of stress due to the imminent appointment with the vascular surgeon. I’ve read a lot about the surgery I’m going to have on my leg and I’m feeling a bit scared. So many possible complications. A very lengthy recovery, and still the other leg to be done at a later date. I’m feeling overwhelmed and I’ve also developed symptoms in my hips which has me further concerned. As the old saying goes, ” youth is wasted on the young “. Since I can’t seem to focus on anything else, I’ll say goodnight and I’ll let you know how it goes after my appointment on Thursday.

Fran πŸ™

Oh poor Fran

What a lot of worries. I had a week with no loss at all. It just happens.

Maybe the surgeon will calm your fears. There has to be a positive to this. The sooner it’s over the better for you. Stress can really build up so try to manage it with blocking tactics.

My thought are with you.

Ginette

Positive thoughts going out your way Fran. <<<<++++++>>>>>>

No weight loss for me the last few weeks-not unexpected given the lack of fasting (had to take meds with food). On the plus side-did not gain despite indulging a bit, eating in restaurants a lot while we travel, being on steroids, and very little exercise due to bad back. Started fasting again yesterday successfully and am golfing today-may not play all holes depending on how back feels. So looking forward not back! Planning 3 fast days this week.

I’m curious whether you ladies do 500 calories on fast day or the actual number corresponding to 25% of your TDEE?

Hi fastdiet1115

There’s a result. You must be so pressed not to have gained.

I do 500. Sometimes just under, this isn’t far from what it works out at anyway.

Good luck with the golf, I hope you get round, just listen to your body.

Three fast days will certainly give you a good loss.

Ginette

Hi fastdiet, Im doing 393 cals on fast days, for a target weight of 12 stone, moving to an 11 stone target, 370, though my ultimate is a 334 calorie fast. Will try that in a couple of months. Perhaps.

I also wear a hair shirt, no shoes, and only take cold baths!!!!!

Hahaha! you are so funny milena, and precise, 393 calories, how can you possibly know the count so accurately?

Fastdiet – I don’t count calories. On fast days I eat as little as possible. No breakfast, a tiny slice of ham, or fuet with 4 olives for dinner, then thin vegetable soup for tea. I follow this with a liquids only day, which is probably 50 calories absolute max. I then eat and drink whatever I like, with gay abandon for the rest of the week. Mind you, what I like has changed dramatically since pre 5:2. It works for me.

Awww Fran, you know sometimes you can ‘educate’ yourself too much with the Internet. Have a good chat with your consultant, ask him what his success rate is and what his thoughts are on your surgery etc. And then go with that. There is no point saying don’t worry because frankly that won’t stop you worrying. As Ginette said, try to alienate your stress as much as you can. I would be happy maintaining to be honest, I think with all your stress that’s still excellent. Very best of luck. Xx

Fastdiet, my back went into spasm just thinking about the golf position, before even thinking of the swing lol. Do be careful!

Milena you are so random! Lol, always funny. I do 500 cals or just under but my TDEE is 2000, not sure if I will drop it as I lose weight.

Applepie, what’s your average weekly weight loss?

My leg is falling off today after exercising yesterday lol.

2nd day on FBD has gone well but frankly it’s no different to my usual day on FD lol.

Happy fasting…. Surely Audry should be back soon?

Jaye πŸ™‚

I am not sure as she was going to get Mums first and then for two weeks holiday. She will be in a couple of weeks.

Ginette

I too am very slow to shed weight, somedays fast days are difficult and I feel cantankerous and hungry any suggestions? I read determined’s post on gourmet 500 cal meals and would be interested to find out about some of those! I also wonder about the tdee which many have mentioned. Are we supposed to eat to it? I have been working on 1200 on my non fast days but my tdee says a lot more than that. Since I am not losing much weight am I under eating? I cant believe so ,since I am still overweight !

Jaye – to answer your question, I have lost 25lbs since 5/1/15. My weight loss is slowing now to 1 or 2 pounds per week as I do not have quite so much to lose. I am now 9st 1lb.

Suo – Sorry but if you are not losing weight you are consuming too many calories. Hunger can be due to sugar consumption, remember sugar is also found in milk – lactose. To kill the hunger, ditch the sugar!

I’m a loaca who is also on Tamoxifen and wondering if that’s why I’m gaining weight on this regime …?

I lost a bit at first (went from 9st 10lbs to about 9st 8lbs, then plateaued, and now, about 4 months in, I’m fatter than I was to start with.

I have no difficulty sticking to the fasts and I”m extra motivated by my history of breast cancer. I don’t think I overeat on non-fast days (no sugar, no bread, low GI veggie diet and I’m not a big boozer). Yet this week I was shocked when I got on the scales on Monday, having gained again. Fasted on Monday, normal day yesterday (except that I walked about 9 miles) and this morning I’ve gained again.

It’s not a dodgy scales problem as the slow upward trend has been consistent for about 6 weeks now.

Help! I don’t know where to go from here.

@Suo, please count your calories on you NFDs, it will help to see where you might be going wrong. It’s proved that guessing at calories even when you think you are getting it right tends to be out by a few hundred by the end of the day. So that’s your first check point. Secondly, as Applepie said, ditch the sugar, even on the milk, stay off carbs on fast days or have small amounts in your final meal. Myself and others find it easier to only eat once in the day later in the evening, 7/8pm. It’s funny how you easily get used to not having to think of food for an entire day if you have your evening meal planned and you don’t eat at all. Hunger can be ignored and will go away once you stop thinking about it and have a drink. You could try some miso soup, bought from Asda or Tesco in the Oriental aisle. It’s only 18 cals a sachet and because it’s beefy makes you feel satiated. TDEE is the calories your body needs to just sit all day and do nothing… so say yours is 1800 and you ate all those, if you moved around then you would use a bit more from your fat stores. If you reduce them by 1/2/300 then of course your body uses more from it storage’s. One thing some do is reduce their cals to what they would be at maintenance. Keep in mind when you do this although you lose faster you will also gain easily when you go over the limited amount on a couple of days. According to this diet there is no such thing as under eating. The only thing that should tell you that you are under eating is if you are hungry and not eating to satiate it.

Try to keep your mind active on fast days as much as possible and keep drinking, water, sparkling water or soda water with a slice of lemon and an ice cube is lovely. Caffeine free tea/herbal tea, black coffee or with a splash of milk.

@cmac read the above. I don’t actually know what you have said in your first sentence lol so I can’t comment on it. If you are gaining weight then you are going over your TDEE, the only other thing could be that you have gained a great deal of muscle in the last 6 weeks? Are you clothes looser, are your measurements smaller? If not then you are either over eating or it is something to do with what the first sentence says? Fasting is basics maths, calories in verses calories out. Eat less than your TDEE and fast for 500 cals or less for 2 days and you will lose. If you eat more than your TDEE on NFDs you will undo the good work you did on fast days and gain if you have eaten enough. Check your sugar levels, are you eating more than you think. Look at the sugars in your bread, milk, cereals and foods you are eating out and preparing at home. There are hidden sugars everywhere. The RDA for sugar is now 24g=6 tsp. That is including what’s in your food before you even start on what you put in your drinks etc. I hope you find out what the problem is.

Applepie, wow.. fantastic. I can’t wait to be your size lol. A very well done to you.

Ginette, it does actually ask you to put your ‘bone size’ in on the app!

Fasting today, shouldn’t be any problems, I enjoy fast day. I will eat tonight at 8pm.

Good luck Ginette and anyone fasting today and stay on track you TDEEers lol.

Time to jump on the scales…. the ones that weight my one stone heavier than my old ones!!!

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi Suo

Nice to see you here. Sorry that you are not losing weight. You don’t say if you have a lot to lose or how long you have been on this for. I would suggest you calorie count everything for at least two weeks. Include drinks as well even stock cubes must be included. Maybe there is something that you are not thinking about. There are tow apps that I know of my fitness pal and my plate. These both help you count calories.

I have used both but I found my plate to be less complicated.

Try this and then you will know exactly where you are. You need to use them on non fast days as well.

Good luck

Ginette

Hi Applepie

You HAVE done well. Maybe need to update profiles to show accumulated loss every two or three months. I say this as you don’t have a lot to lose now. When you are very overweight it should be easier.

Cmac

I would agree with what Jeye has said and using a calorie counter is eye opening. Try this and see if it helps. There is also a thread for those who have/have had cancer. Maybe you can get a lot of help from here.

You need to include drinks as well. I will be interested to see how you do.

Ginette

Thanks for your speedy and helpful replies. It’s great to know that there’s a community out there which doesn’t just roll its eyes when weight loss comes up!

Something is just not adding up for me. I’m a long time user of My Fitness Pal and calorie counting was bequeathed to me by my mother so I’m pretty au fait with my intake on fasting and non-fasting days.

If my TDEE is 1800 (I walk or run 5-8 miles most days so I ticked moderately active) or let’s say 1500 to be on the safe side, and my fast days are leaving me in deficit by 2000 or so calories per week, give or take, wouldn’t I have to be overeating by a hefty margin to be gaining weight at the rate of half a pound or a pound per week?

I’m worried that if I’m gaining weight on this regime it will only accelerate if I stop. I didn’t have much of a weight problem when I started and was mostly interested in the cancer-preventing potential, but now I do have a weight problem! I’m going wrong somewhere but looking at my daily intake on MFP I just can’t see where.

Cmac

Yours is indeed a strange tale. Maybe go to see your doctor and see if she/he can help. It is puzzling. I do know that I always gain at this time of the year due to excess fluid. Maybe you are doing the same.

Just a thought. I know because my watch has tightened and I have swollen ankles.

I hope you resolve it.

Ginette

Hi Cmac,

Personally I would carry on fasting, so long as you don’t have any side effects to it that are causing you to feel unwell etc. I would go see my GP explain what I am doing.ost are very open to fasting, mine thinks it’s great, especially as he’s seen my weight ballon and me fail time and again with traditional diets. I’ve lost around 34lbs in 10 weeks. I would ask him about what they thought could be blocking your loss and personally I would ask him about my thyroid. Do you have any of the typical signs? Check this link http://www.mayoclinic.org β€Ί con-20021179 of course it may not be this so do t talk yourself into it lol. We all have some of those symptoms, doesn’t mean your thyroid isn’t as active as it should be. Worth checking though.

Keep us informed and good luck.

Ginette, good luck today.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Thanks both. Good advice. No harm in getting the GP to check out that there’s nothing else going on.

The link to the symptoms of hypothyroidism is very interesting and rings bells. And I’m also wondering about ovarian cancer (thanks for nothing Dr Google!).

Anyroad, next stop my friendly local GP.

Claire

Cmac

As Jaye said please don’t get hooked on what it could be. Get the doctor to check you out. We all have symptoms of lots of illnesses without having them. As Jaye said keep up the fasts (if you are well enough) and see the doctor.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Ginette

These are recipes for 300cal 5:2 meals.

There are 50 of them so a good chance you can find something you like. Link below:

http://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/food/slimmer-dinners-meals-under-300-calories/

Ginette

Hi Helen

Say this in the paper and thought it was interesting. It is about diabetes and fasting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3049735/Starvation-diet-reverse-type-2-diabetes-dramatic-weight-loss-lower-blood-sugar-levels.html

I thought the research was interesting and it mentions 5:2

Ginette

Cmac, don’t self diagnose, you can have over 100 different things wrong with you if you do that lol. We ALL have symptoms of lots of illnesses that we don’t have! You can also suddenly believe you have symptoms you don’t have just by reading them. Sorry, I gave you the link simply as a check list as it is a small possibility that its the thyroid which sometimes is the cause of lack of weight loss if you are not cheating on a weight loss plan. It wasn’t for me when I had mine checked. please don’t let reading on the Internet make you paranoid. Doctors hate us walking in there sayin I read this on the net, I have it lol.

Good luck.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi Ladies,
    So my trip to visit the surgeon went extremely well. First I was given a ” Doppler ultrasound ” and because I had a super nice technician, I got to see and understand what I was looking at. It was an eye opening experience, believe me. I saw the renal artery in my right leg was barely pumping blood, blocked 90-95%. The Doppler adds colour to the picture and makes the realization of why I hurt quite obvious. My left leg, on the other hand, is only 20-25% blocked. The doctor explained that he would like to try inserting a stent and waiting to see if I get a good result for at least a couple of months. If after that time I’m still experiencing pain, he would then go ahead with the bypass. I was thrilled. I’m now looking forward to a summer that potentially could be spent with much less restrictions on my ability to enjoy it. Plenty of dog walks and plenty of exercise. This will have a huge impact on my 5/2 diet and on my weight loss, I hope. Today is a fast day and I’m well on my way towards it being a great success. I’m actually looking forward to Mondays weigh in.
    I’ll keep you posted. Meantime, have a super weekend, and successful fast days to you all.
    Fran πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 4,651 through 4,700 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.