HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,601 through 4,650 (of 7,330 total)

• Hi Helen and Goingforgold

I bought the updated version on Kindle. As you say it is only a day. Some people do back to backs, but I do a normal day In between. Three pounds is a good loss. Have a look at the thread 10 weeks week by week I chart my first 10 weeks there. It shows my different rate and that there was a week where I didn’t lose any.

I found that I actually didn’t want the amount of carbs I normally have. I have potatoes twice a week on a normal week, this week it will be three times as I ate out at Easter. Plus of course had an egg. I have two more left but I am restricting myself with them.

I like porridge but don’t eat breakfast. I never have, but forced myself to eat it because I thought I should. I found out that you don’t need to and so now my first meal is around 2pm with a sandwich or omelette.

I have just bought a Paul Mkenna CD to help me sleep as I have had problems for months. Hopefully it will improve it. I don’t use my iPad in bed as I know that will not help, I do watch a bit of TV though to relax me.

Ginette

Just thought I would copy a comment from another thread here as it might be nice to try these.

Comment below from rayofsunshine

“Today was a fast day and tonight I have made chicken Chow Mien, absolutely gorgeous, I’ve made it the same way as I usually do with Chinese 5 spice, light soy sauce, mushrooms, spring onions and I used chicken breast fillet. The only difference was I substituted egg noodles for Bare Naked Noodles. I just added these noodles to the pan after I’d cooked everything else and they soaked up flavours. they sell them in Morrison’s, they are low 0.1g carbohydrate per 100g, zero fat, low calories 8 I think, gluten free, sugar free. I saw these on Dragons Den and their website says they can be cut up small to be like rice. It was a very filling meal and tbh I thought I’d eaten too much but I’m actually under the 500 calories and I even had eggs for breakfast. Has anyone else tried these?”

I have looked them up and they sound interesting. They are £1.99 in Morrisons.

So not cheap but seem a good idea for fast days. Maybe a treat every couple of weeks. They also sell them at Holland and Barratt.

Graham they would be good for you as 0.1 carbohydrates.

Let me know if you have tried them and what they were like.

Ginette

Hi Ginette,
    Thank you so much for that recipe. It sounds delish. I think I’m going to make it tonight. I’ll have to see if I can find those noodles.
    Back to back is too much for me too. I’m doing every other day M-F. Just to start off and to give myself a boost. I really don’t find the fast days so hard, at least not right now. And I’m reading through all the posts for advice on the non fast days. I think they’re a bit harder right now for me. Just deciding what’s the best to eat.
    I eat my breakfast around lunch. I find if I eat first thing in the morning I’m hungry all day and that’s not a good thing. But I just think of it as breakfast as it’s my first meal of the day. I don’t believe you have to eat when you wake up. Maybe some people do, but I’m not one of them.
    Hope your CD helps you sleep. Is this another problem for us ‘Ladies of a Certain Age’? so many of my friends seem to have the same difficulty. Getting older is not for the faint of heart! lol
    Thanks again for the recipe from rayofsunshine.

Wow lots to catch up on!

Now Easter is behind us well done to those that lost and you that gained I hope you enjoyed every mouthful of whatever you ate and are happy knowing this week you will get rid of any gains (smiley) not putting them in because they eat my posts the smilies lol.

Newbies first… I made some notes lol.

@helen I have lost as of today’s weigh in (mid week 8) 26.5lbs that’s really good going to be honest. Lots of people lose 1/2lbs a week, I’m averaging 3/4. I will tell you how I do it but first, can you tell me where you read, or why you thought fasting could make you lose 50lbs in essentially 8 weeks (for summer) and still eat all the naughty foods on your NFDs (none fast days). I ask this because it’s the 3rd post like this i have read now where people think this is a miricle diet. Actually it’s a way of life, (WOL) but in order to have big weekly loses you do have to make concessions, in my case quite a few. If you fast 2 days and massively over eat on the NFDs you will, possibly lose a small amount after your initial water loss, stay the same or gain. I just want to point this out to new people trying fasting. For the average person it is a slow and steady loss. They incorporate things they enjoy on NFDs and still try to keep under their TDEE. But if you do it properly you will continue to lose and all those pounds add up quickly. Nothing is out of bounds but it’s simple maths, calories in verses calories out. But if you choose to soend your calories more wisely you won’t go hungry and you’ll lose more.

So how do I fast:
    Monday and Wednesday with the odd Friday thrown in.
    I eat no food from 8pm sunday to 8pm Monday. Monday 9pm to Tuesday 1/2pm
    I drink soda water with ice and a slice of Lemon, water and the odd caffiene free Lemon tea.
    I have one meal and use all my 500 cals at that meal. Tends to be a 350 cal Thai noodle, veg and sauce. Very small amount of noodles, 1/4 cup. I add 50g asparagus and 50g green beans and finish of with some grapes.
    I then don’t eat untill around 1/2pm Tuesday when i am hungry. And here is the first key to success. I only eat from real hunger, when my body needs fuel.

Now before I started this WOL I had a clash with a friend who was saying I should cut my 2tsp of sugar on my weetabix to 1tsp. Cut sugar in a coffee by 1/4. I protested ‘but I love sugar and don’t want to give it up’. And sadly that is why I am as fat as i ‘was’. I ate carbs with carbs and a side of carbs with lots of sugar. I didn’t eat chocolate as such, but I did eat Nutella on crumpets (block of carbs) 1/2 times a week and I didn’t buy biscuits more than twice a month because I could snort half a large packet of digestives dunked in coffee in the blink of an eye. But I ate tons of sugar in all my carbs. Plus I loved skim milk, no harm in that, right? Well there is when you count up the sugar in 1-1.1/2 pints a day lol .

So what I am saying is, I started fasting, I was lucky to be in the zone (first time in my life), it had clicked in my brain that I was going to do this…. So I didn’t cheat, I didn’t forget I had eaten something, I weighed everything on fast days. On none fast days I was finding i was less hungry, so I ate less. I commited to only eating when I was hungry. I went for coffee with friends and had a skinny cap while they had cakes with theirs. I stuck religiously to 1800 a day, actually, that’s rare, I mostly eat around 1600 and my TDEE is now 2011. I make good food choices when I go out. I use ‘MyFitnesspal’ to keep track of everything I eat and drink. I ask waiters to ask the chef what calories are in a dish I fancy. You have to be savvy and not sabotage yourself. I even have a bottle of Prosecco on Saturday nights. That is my ‘treat’ but I count those 460 calories in my TDEE. My carb intake is around 30% of my diet. I don’t touch anything labeled ‘diet’ I stay away from sugar as much as possible. But i just don’t crave those foods now. Im happy eating a delicious rare steak when I go out with veg a jacket and real butter. And I ask them if they can make me a fruit salad if I fancy something sweet.

You can lose weight fast but as you see you have to really make changes. Or…. You can continue to lose smaller amounts, still have some chocolate or whatever you treats you fancy but try to stay under your TDEE. Which ever way you move forward I wish you the very best of luck and can’t wait to hear about your journey. (Smiley) And a I have the same mantra as you re you can have it tomorrow. This is the only case where I enjoy the sayimg ‘tomorrow never comes’ lol.

@lainey firstly is it definitely the fasting that is causing you to feel so lethargic. Could you have a bug/virus of some sort which I have just had and felt dreadful for 5/7 days with no energy.
    Can you tell us what you ate and when on fast day and are you keeping your liquids up. Remember we get 40 % of our water from food. So you need lots, lots more on a FD.
    What did you eat on NFDs. I know you said slimming world, I do that on NFDs too, but I do very low carb, low sugar. RDA is 24g – 6tsp now. Let’s see if we can help figure out why you feel the way you do. Have you had a recent health check, did you feel OK prior to starting? Do you know your TDEE and are you staying below it? Perhaps you were already on a fairly good eating routine prior to starting so your calories my not be much different. Did you give it a full 7 days for a weigh in? I weigh myself every day but I only go on my Thursday weigh in for the weeks lose.

@goforgold well done to a super start, keep at it. Have you considered a more varied diet for your fast day so you don’t get that wobble at 7pm? I know you are eating soup (and counting those calories?). But maybe instead of carbs as your two main meals you could have some eggs or fish, prawns with salad or veg as you need to eat some protien to keep you going. I know you are drinking two skinny cappuccino, I love them too but that means a lot of calories are going into milk for those. Maybe try just having one and using the extra cals on a more substantial snack. You are probably spiking with the sugars (in the oats) from the porridge and its not sustaining you as well as protien would. Are you using large (whole oats, less processed oats, way less sugar and better for you, better low gi content). Just some food for thoughts to help with the wobble. I get it by 7 too, I eat at 8 on FDs, a cup of lemon tea gets me over it till I eat.

@Franee well done for getting back on track, do take care though.

@buttonboots are you better now??

Hello to all you lovely people out there, hope you are all well. Tell us how you are all doing.

Sorry it was another massive posting lol.

Jaye

Lol @helen. Try a higher protien diet on NFDs, small amounts of carbs with protien will help use the carbs better and keep you fuller for longer. Change up your food choices a bit to make tasty but filling low carb, cal meals and snacks.

I am the same, I find fast days easy. I am mulling over a back to back today and fasting today. I am away overnight Saturday so would give me a bit of juggle room for a piece of cake since I didn’t have anything naughty over Easter.

I don’t eat untill lunch time or later either. It makes no scientific difference about when you it. It’s a myth that you need breakfast and a myth you can’t eat late at night, unless you choose those things. Around 1/2pm I have been having 2 slices of low GI bread I get from Waterfields (England) and have a measured tsp of smooth peanut butter on each slice and top with a small banana. I also have a sachet of Nescafé skinny cappuccino which is 54 cals about 5g sugar which is high but few other sugars like that throughout the day. Sometimes I have a couple of scrambled eggs with ham and cheese. This lasts me untill dinner time. Around 6.30/8 depending on if I am eating in or out. I eat out 3 times a week.

Jaye

@Jaye No No No. I was only joking about losing 50 lbs by summer, as evidenced by dropping the number to 49 lbs as 50 was unrealistic! I was alluding to the fact that we all seem to want the weight to drop off quickly, but as it takes a long time to put it on, it will take at least as long to take it back off. A sad fact that it does go on easier than it comes off. What’s wrong with that?
    I do have about 50 lbs to lose and from all the posts I have come to the conclusion that I may only lose one pound per week (if that), so by April 2016 I should be in good – make that great – shape. I also agree with other posters that weight lost slowly will more likely stay off, and isn’t that what we’re all looking for?
    Thank you for the advice you gave though. It was also very thoughtful of you to respond to all the posts you wanted to respond to. I hope you’re a fast typer. lol.
    Helen.

Lol @helen, sorry I thought your first post was serious.. I see now that it wasn’t.
    I’m administrator lol so I had better be a fast typer ;).

Yes, slow and steady wins the race. I’ve many stones to lose but honestly I have just really made a lot of changes naturally due to the fasting. I love that about it, it’s changed my relationship to food and does for most of us. It’s been more of a natural move than a conscious one. I do so love the challange of a fast day. To have that control over my mind, body and food for a fat women is fantastically euphoric to me.

Keep at it you will love it. So much nicer and more fun than a ‘diet’. :).

Hi Jaye

Welcome back. You sound much better, do you feel it? I enjoy fast days and I am on one as well. My timings are the same as yours as well. I am having a lower carbs week this week, I am trying to put right the egg I had at Easter. I know it was really small as eggs go but it was an enormous treat. I then followed this up with a bar of chocolate. As you can see well and truly overdid it. Ah well such is life. I am now being extra careful, I was always careful before and ate well below my TDEE.

Helen

The advice that Jaye gave you is spot on. Let me know how you find those noodles. I must try them myself. If I get some I may do another day Friday with low calories but I am not sure if it will be a fast day at this point. On my second of the week today.

Ginette

This is a link to fast diet food ideas. I contains the messages for bare naked noodles and a few other recipes. Maybe we can add to them.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/very-quick-and-easy-fast-day-meals/

Ginette

Quick hello as I’m just on my way out. Another beautiful sunny day, another summer maxi dress that wouldn’t fit last year.

I’ve hit another big personal goal. I’ve lost 2 stone, 29lbs to be exact! Lol. So I’m now 16.1lb. 2 more pounds and I’ll have bust through another stone.

Just wanted to say yesterday I had 1000 cals between lunch and dinner. It wasn’t a fast day and I’ve cut my cals from 2011 to 1800 but took it down again to 1750 yesterday. I wasn’t hungry but I was tired yesterday. Actually I’ve not felt great for 2 weeks now. The drink thing, then a bug, now a sore throat. I’m thinking it’s probably lack of vits because I’m eating do little. But I am eating when i am hungry. So picking up a multivitamin today that I just keep forgetting to get. See if that helps. Think I am a bit run down. Also drinking even more fluids. But anyway last night i was tired and watching TV and suddenly found myself thinking, what can I eat!!!! Well I’ve never had that thought sat watching TV since the end of my first week 8 weeks back. I thought, I’m not hungry, so why am I thinking that. But it wasn’t an emotional, I want domething really naughty. In fact I had 100g of grapes and felt satiated. I realised it’s very unusual for me to just watch TV and not be on my laptop, iPad, android, iphone or several of the above lol while watching TV! So it was boredom!

Right, off out for the day, away tomorrow to Llandudno, sadly rain is forcast but we’ll enjoy it regardless. Let’s see how I do keeping to my TDEE!

I’ll check in tonight to see how you all are.

Thanks for the info Ginette, hope you are well.

Jaye 🙂

Well done Jaye

Whatever you are doing is working for you. Hope the vitamins help.

Ginette

Hi All

Feedback time – bare naked noodles are fine no fishy Tate like the other brand of low carb noodles. They take on the flavour of whatever you put in with them. I cooked onion, garlic, peppers mushrooms and added half a jar I had left of chow mein sauce. I felt a needed to spice it up a bit so also added one of my favourites fahita spice the hot one. A really strange mix of tastes but suitably spicy for my taste. A whole packet was about right. I didn’t add anything else although I thought of adding chicken.

The most calories was from the drop of olive oil I used to cook onions and peppers with. Feeling full up now but as they are about 20 calories a packet and a packet contains 0.2.5 grams of carbs in total. So no sugar rush.

Worth buying one packet if you are unsure. I shall be buying two next time.

How is everybody doing?

Ginette

Hi Ginette, thanks for the feedback on the noodles. Did you eat a whole packet or half? I’m not sure when to try mine as I wouldn’t eat a whole packet, half would do. Need to do it when I have someone here for dinner or if they would cook a couple of days in the fridge even cooked up that would be good.

I’m going to look up a low sugar sauce to go with them and do it like a stir fry.

Jaye 🙂

I ate a whole packet but only had them with vegetables. I thought they were fine for a meal, I don’t think it would be enough to have half.

I wanted to have a change from the normal type of vegetables I eat. So no broccoli, cauliflower or carrots. I have these most days but also had sweet corn only a couple of dessertspoonfuls. I also have swede, parsnip and sprouts.

I had peppers, mushrooms and onions with them and plenty of spices.

Give them a go, when you take them out of the big packet there is a smaller one inside. Once the water is drained (I also rinsed them off) you only have 250 grms. They are very light.

Let me know what you think of them.

Ginette

Hello ladies,
    Have been at the beach for a week now. Unfortunately my back/leg pain has gotten worse not better so at my family’s insistence after another night of no sleep, I went to the local clinic. Xrays showed nothing as far as disks/vertebrae which was reassuring. Doc started me on steroids and a different muscle relaxant. Both have to be taken with food so fasting on hold for a week or so, but watching what I eat.
    Good to see some new names on here, can’t really add to the good advice already dispensed.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend and successful fast days next week!

Hi Fastdiet115

Sorry to hear that you aren’t well. Let’s hope tablets help and you are back to your normal self within a few days. Still keep in touch and putting 5:2 on hold is a good idea re meds.

Hope you are better soon.

Ginette

Fran

How are you doing? Hopefully feeling better.

Missing Audrey : (

I have only lost 1/2 pound this week. I’m not too worried as the weather has got much warmer and I suffer with water retention in this weather. I can just wait for a cooler time (hopefully not too soon) and wait for it to show up.

All so quiet on this thread today.

Ginette

Hi All

To anyone who has missed the original program with Michael Mosley here is a link to an article in the Telegraph.

There are links to many other related articles in the middle of this one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/9480451/The-52-diet-can-it-help-you-lose-weight-and-live-longer.html

Ginette

Hi everyone,
    Well I see lots of new names and I too welcome everyone of you. I’m afraid I’ve been somewhat self absorbed for the last few weeks due to my various and sundry health issues. Unfortunately the end is still a long way out of sight so I’m going to try and be a bit more in the loop. Im not usually oblivious to what’s going on around me. Thankfully we all have the opportunity to keep up with what’s going on due to the amazing and thoughtful posts from our Ginnette. She is beyond a shadow of a doubt the most helpful concerned person around this whole website. Hats off to you Ginnette !!!!!!
    So, my repeated bouts of upstairs confinement, coupled with my lingering lack of appetite resulted in a 1.5 lb loss last week. I’m not sure yet what tomorrow’s weigh in will bring but I’m hoping to at least match that. My weigh ins have not been done religiously, there’ve been at least 1 or even 2 that I frankly don’t remember either doing or keeping track of ( I know what you’re going to say about that Ginnette). What I do know, is that as of last week I was only 2 lbs from my first mini goal, to get down to 220 lbs. my fingers are firmly crossed for tomorrow!
    Fasting days are definitely becoming easier to do, thanks to shrimp salads and veggie soup.these have pretty much become my staples along with soft boiled eggs, English muffins and tuna salad sandwiches. My caloric intake remains at around 5-600 on fasting days and 1200-1500 on non-fasting days. I’m not even coming close to my TDEE on non-fasting days and I don’t miss the carb laden days of the past.
    Well ladies I hope you all had great weekends and all managed just fine on any fasting days you endured during my extended period of self absorbsion. Have a wonderful week !
    Fran 🙂 🙂

Thank you Fran. It helps me as well I need to keep myself on track and I might as well share what I find as if helps other people that’s all for the good of the forum.

You are doing brilliantly to lose weight despite all of your health problems. From how you started with a few wobbles to now there is such an improvement and you can be proud of what you have achieved.

My fingers too are crossed for you tomorrow as well it makes us feel such an achievement to reach a goal. I believe in setting them small enough to reach within a few weeks. It is much easier that way.

It is strange how our needs for carbs changes after a few weeks.

My fast day tomorrow.

Thinking of you Fran so I shall check up about lunch time.

Have a good week all.

Ginette

Hi All

I am just starting to watch a series Back in Time for Dinner. This is about a family who literally go back in time for their food choices. The kitchen is redesigned to suit. So week 1 starts with no fridge, milk kept in the larder in a basin of water which is on a marble slab.

The tin opener bit is hilarious, I have used one of these as my Nan had one. Wondering if I can another one now. Rationing is till in place and they are eating bread and dripping as part of their meals. I have never had this but older peopke in my family have and they look back on it with fondness.

You can find the program on the iplayer it was on BBC2. For those of you not in Britain this can be found via the link below:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NDuGNwJ2pCo

I am just off to see if I can find the food survey they mention.

Ginette

Fran,
    I’m feeling self absorbed too but I think we’re in a place where people are supportive so I don’t think we have to worry. Good to see your posts though-hang in there. My back is slowly getting better, still some leg cramping but better sleep at night. No fasting for me this week while on the steroids and muscle relaxants-have to take with food and are still upsetting my stomach.
    Good fasting days to all this week-you got this!!

Hi all, A quick note to tell you that this morning my weigh in showed I’ve lost 2 lbs this week. I’m so excited I’ve met my first mini goal. I’m now officially 220 lbs.
    Fastdiet1115 thanks for your encouraging words. I owe a huge thank-you to all of you for all your positive vibes. It’s amazing to me how effective moral support is in contributing to our success. Now for my next mini goal, to get below 200 lbs. I’m excited to get going !!!!!!!!!
    Love to you all, Fran 🙂

Hi Fastdiet115

Bad backs can be a real pain literally. My son had to just give in and go to an osteopath. His bad had been bad for a few weeks. Much better now. Can you sleep at night or does it wake you?

At lease it is on the mend now.

Hi Fran

Congratulations!!!!! You must feel really good now as if it is working. This will encorage you to keep going. Those goals seem big ones to me. I always do half a stone (7lbs) a time and it takes me a few weeks to get there. Do you think it might be an idea to make them smaller? Be kinder on yourself it needs to feel like you can reach them in a few weeks.

Treat yourself to something nice, it doesn’t have to be food. Maybe something for the garden. Or a nice bottle of wine if you like that. I am going to buy myself something for the house I think.

How is your sister doing?

Ginette

Hiya, I didn’t lose anything on the 600 cal fasting. BUT, since I’ve been zero calorie fasting for the last 3 weeks (just started my 4th week, so today is my 7th day of fasting) I’ve lost 4lbs. It’s not much but is atleast something finally. I’m 47 and perimeno, 5’6″ & now 10st 10lb after start bang on 11st. I know not eating at all might alarm some but aside from it finally shifting some weight for perimeno-me, I’ve found it much much easier too. A friend warned me to watch my weight before I hit the menopause, saying if I thought I could diet after the menopause I would be kidding myself. She was right, until I did the 5:2 on 0calories that is. Could this be the way for you to maybe? Good luck to you!

Hi home dolly

As you are a woman tge allowance is 500 calories on a fast day, but well done on your loss. Are you always below your TDEE on other days? I had to lower mine by 300 calories as it seemed a bit much. On NHS site it is different and Mayo clinic is different still. I have a few stone to lose so I have a while to go.

As you haven’t a lot to lose you may not lose it as quickly.

Maybe count calories for a week to see if you are underestimating. I’d rather not count on days that I don’t fast but I have a good idea how many calories are in things.

As long as you are losing that what counts.

Keep it up.

Ginette

Hi Homedolly – I find liquid only days more effective and easier too. I do have a mug of bovril in the evening so it is not actually zero calories. But as Ginette says your maximum calorie allowance for normal fast days is 500 calories, maybe that is why you weren’t losing before?
    Well done so far, keep on losing!

I take it Home Dolly deleted her account? Lol

Hi @ginette, how was your weekend, hope you had some sun. Llandudno was gorgeous Saturday, crazy weather Sunday though. It’s lovely again here today. How is your weight loss going, how far are you off your next goal. I hit one Friday, went just under 16 stone, went back up by Monday morning to 16.2.05lbs. Fasted yesterday though and down to16.05lbs grrrr lol.

@Franee, lovely to see you back and so pleased you are doing so well, a big well done to you on your weight loss. Nothing wrong with being a bit self absorbed ladies.

@fastdiet, hope you are well.

Where is Audrey, is she still on holiday?

Jaye 🙂

Hi Jaye

Yes I noticed that. Oh well maybe she was getting too much advice or just wasn’t ready to join us.

Well done on your weight loss. Don’t worry about the weight gain. It is just the body readjusting. It will soon come off again. You know what they say about food in transit. I am having a share of fish and chips tonight. They say an average portion from a fish and chip shop is 861 calories. So I am allowing 1100 to be on the safe side.

Audrey was going to look after her mum and then going away for two weeks, so she may be away for 2/3 weeks. It’s strange without her.

Did the weather hold for you at the weekend? I hope so. It looked like a good time. I liked the fact that Jennybb has made a private group on Facebook.

I don’t want all of my other friends to see my posts about weight. They will get well and truly bored.

If you are ever worried about what you have put on you need to put in in perspective with what you have lost. You have lost an amazing amount of weight in such a short time. We are all different as it is clear from this forum. I am really pleased for you.

Ginette

Mornin’ all,
    Up and down with the back, thanks for asking! Had to get up and walk around this morning around 3:30 to ease the cramping in the leg. Sigh. It’s really spoiling our beach/golf vacation. Going to ride in the cart today while hubby plays a course we’ve been looking forward to playing. Good news is weight is holding steady despite no fasting. I thought I might put on some water weight with the steroids but it appears eating moderately and keeping carbs low is working for maintenance. So hopefully that continues and when I can get back to it, no serious set backs.
    If you’re fasting today good luck and if not, enjoy but behave!

Thanks Ginette, you are right and it’s good to have the odd few days were you eat things you’ve not had for a while. It was gorgeous on Saturday but still windy and chilly around the prom and pier but Sunday was crazy lol. We drove up (I drove) the Great Orme, it was lashing down with force 10 Gail’s lol. So a wonen struggling for a few minutes trying to open her car for agsinst the rind after she pulled over to take pics. I pulled up behind them, I didn’t bother getting out lol. But the sea looked fantastic splashing and toiling.

Ginette I made the face book page private, I’ve ‘unfollowed’ everyone so have to go to their pages to see anything they don’t post on my page. So it shouldn’t show up in your news feed.

@fastdiet, well done maintaing while on holiday! I hope the cramps ease soon, I take quinine tablets fir cramps, I don’t know if you are drinking any alcohol but that will greatly increase muscle cramps. I know this of old lol. Eating a banana a day is said to ease cramps too, the potassium in it helps. Enjoy the rest of your time away and take care of that back.

Hi @appliepie!

It is quiet without Audrey.

Jaye 🙂

Good morning, Ladies,
    Just want to say how impressed I am with all the positive support and feedback I read on this site.

I appreciate all the advice I got too. Doing my best to follow it. Last week was my first week on the new lifestyle. I didn’t do so well at the weekend, but no matter. Takes a while to get it all right I expect. I didn’t gain anything though. So that was nice.

It’s encouraging to hear about the Ladies working through a myriad of health problems and still staying focused on the 5/2. Brilliant. You Ladies are an inspiration.

Have a wonderful day!

I’ll consider that last post as spam…

Well done @helen, you can certainly consider that a reason to be happy and an achievement on your first week to have not gained. This week try to focus on what you are eating on none fast days. See if you can turn the tide to a loss next week. Are you keeping a bit of an eye on what you are eating and how much? Moving forward you will want to at least stick to your TDEE in order to lose with your fast days. Reducing that later helps lose a little more. As you continue to have successful 500 calorie fast days you will find that your appetite will naturally reduce and cravings for high sugar carb content foods.

Are you using MyFitnessPal to track your food. Even if you are not tracking uour TDEE when you are ready to make other changes needed to lose this will give you insight into the things you are eating/drinking and were you need to make concessions.

Good luck, keep up the good work.

Jaye 🙂

Hi Helen

Well done. It takes two or three weeks to get into the fasting way of life. After that you will find it easier. I found week two easier and by week three I was hooked and enjoying it. The most important thing is to plan fast days and not buy the things that will tempt you at first. This can be difficult. I now have them once in a while but I am happy with that and my food types have changed dramatically from the week before the fast.

This was all without even trying. As Jaye says your appetite changes and foods that you once craved don’t become important. Allow yourself a treat at the weekend be that wine or whatever you fancy, just count it in to your TDEE.

Stay with it you will succeed.

Jaye has given you good advice. We have both been on it for a few weeks. Keep track of your losses week by week and if you have a bad week, look bad and see how far you have come. Set small targets if you have a lot to lose. I set half stones.

I have just changed between different types of bread. I looked at the calorie content estimating them at about 100 a slice. This is wholemeal granary. One was 140 calories a slice but lovely bread and the other is like artificial bread and 84 calories a slice. That one will be going in tge bin. Something very unusual for me. Bread changes from brand to brand and as I don’t have a lot of it I shall try fo find one I like but has less calories that the 140 calorie loaf. That one also had a spoonful of sugar in two slices!

Just checked Hovis granary. That has 104 and half as much sugar as the one I liked. So as I know I like that I shall change over.

I am well under TDEE so it wouldn’t have pushed me over and although I don’t like counting calories every single day I do know roughly what I am eating. I did count for a couple for weeks though. You may be surprised at some things…….a bit like me.

Good luck and I hope that this week is better for you.

Ginette

I have reported the spam.

I have been struggling to report posts in the past few days (there have been a few, I am sure you know which I mean) I have had to email as “report this post” didn’t work for me. Did anyone else have this problem? The forum admin are interested to hear.

Just tried as I know the post you mean. It seemed ok

Ginette

Thanks Ginette, it works for me until after I have typed the message about why I am reporting the post then when I click on the final “report this post” nothing happens.

If anyone wants to try it just type “testing” as your message and see if it goes.

Lol I was going to report it yhrn thought, maybe I am reporting it for nothing and don’t want to upset someone so I don’t know if it works as I backed out of it. I’ve only seen the one here as I do tend to just read about 4 threads.

Ginette the bread I use from Waterfields bakery (I always weigh them as 2 slices can vary between 30/50 g) 2 slices. It’s a smallish loaf, brown, medium sliced. I weigh them as they can differ in size coming from a bakery. It’s half of the following at best for 2 slices and is filling.

Here is the nutritional values for 100g
    Calories 277
    Carbs 46.4g
    Fat 4.2g
    Sats 1.1g
    Fibre 5.1g
    Salt 0.85g

Jaye

Hi Ladies,

I lurk on this thread but noticed your comments re spam, I reported an item last night, the one refering to loose skin and lack of sex drive – I thought it was a tad malicious, it was removed quickly. The admin seems to be working, and well I think.

And I didnt slather myself in body butter this morning to arouse my hubby!

Lol, darn I wish I had seen that spam just for the laughs lol.

Thanks Jaye

We don’t have a Waterfields bakery here. I shall get Hovis Granary. Fast tomorrow out for a meal with my son Thursday and out for lunch Friday with someone I haven’t seen for a couple of years. So a busy week. I might do another fast day Saturday. My lunch on Friday is at the Toby restaurants so a carvery with lots of. Vegetables. Lovely. I shall go light on the potatoes though or maybe she means a snack I’m not sure.

I haven’t been out so much in months.

Still maybe it will shake up the weight loss a bit. I shan’t have dessert on Friday so shouldn’t be too bad.

Ginette

Nice to see you lurking here Milena

X

Hi Fastdiet1115
    I too suffer dreadfully from cramp every so often and then it will come back regularly for a few days or a week, usually at night. I have found that if I eat a low carb diet, then eat ‘proper’ carbs of any description (like bread, potato, crisps, rice, etc), even a small amount, I get cramp that night.
    I have also found that wine will set it off if I drink after not drinking for a while.
    I have found Crampex tablets to be the best treatment. I buy these over the counter. I did get some medication once from the doctor, but I had to take that all the time, and I don’t suffer all the time, just now and then. I can often tell when it’s going to strike as I get just a twinge in my leg or foot earlier in the evening. So I take a tablet before I go to bed. If not, if I take a tablet as soon as it strikes, it’ll usually fade after about 20 minutes. Otherwise I have found it to be really crippling! So very painful!
    I have eaten bananas, had more salt, had more water, and nothing else seems to help other than these Crampex tablets. I even had to get my daughter to buy me some more in the UK and send them out to Sri Lanka for me (as I was running low, and still had a few weeks to go here).
    Hope you don’t suffer too badly with this.
    Best wishes
    Slimmersylv

Hi Slimmersylv

Nice to see you here. Cramp is horrible. I haven’t suffered with it for years.

Hi Guys

I tried the noodles last night, thanks @ginette for this info. I really liked them, they are only as good as the sauce you put on them but I can’t fault them. To have a big plate of noodles for no carbs to talk of and so few calories is fantastic.

Managed to repair the damage I did over the weekend with a good FD and a good NFD under my belt. I’m back down to just under my most recent goal (to go under 16 stone) i weigh 15.12.05lbs… Just made it lol.

Good luck everyone fasting with me today and good luck sticking within your TDEE for the NFD people.

Jaye …. Come join our secret Fast page by adding me JAYE BOGS on Facebook.
    Several members alreasy joined, no one can see the page on your Facebook but you. 🙂

Hi Jaye

Yes it’s true you have to add the flavour. I am glad you liked them. Did you eat the whole packet? That was only 250gms.

Good idea to have a private Facebook page where other people can’t see what you have posted only chosen few. Also friends don’t want to be annoyed by our constant ramblings.

I think you and I could almost fill a page with the length of our posts sometimes. I am sure that people find them useful by comments we have had.

Well done on weight loss.

Did you check out those scales?

Ginette

Spam reported. My button still isn’t working!

I think you will find that Jaye meant to type Jaye Blogs. And yes it is great having a private FB group where we can post photos, and pm each other.

hahahaha. What a great auto correct. Yes I meant JAYE BLOGS.

Too funny!

Erm what’s with all the spamming about other diets on here. If it was that good they would get people to join through word of mouth not spamming on other sites. Grrrr

Jaye …. Add me on Facebook JAYE BLOGS

I have just been looking at a site where they discuss why people stop or slow down losing weight

This is an extract.

4) Refeed.

Increase your calories (re-feed) for a full day periodically (once a week or so if you are heavy, twice a week if you are already lean), to restimulate metabolism. On the higher calorie day, take your calories to maintenance or even 10, 15, 20% above maintenance and add the extra calories in the form of carbs (carb cycling). The leaner you get, and the longer you’ve been on reduced calories, the more important the re-feeds will be.

If anyone would like the link to the 5 tips I shall put it here.

Maybe this is why I lose if I feel I have overeaten. I haven’t really overeaten on this diet but now will have the occasional day off and see how I do.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 4,601 through 4,650 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.