Wound infection and fasting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi,

I just read this book at the weekend and love the idea. I did a fast day yesterday and found it ok, I put off eating as long as I could, husband ate first thing and found it more difficult.

Anyway, to the topic, I have a slight infection in my c-section wound and wondered if fasting is contra-indicated in this instance? Should I wait until the infection had totally gone? Or is it safe or even beneficial?!?!

Thanks!

the FAQs say pregnant or breast feeding mums shouldn’t do the diet:
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-answers-frequently-asked-questions/

Hi Humphrey, thanks for that. However, I am not pregnant anymore and neither am I breast feeding anymore. I am 5 weeks post op.

Any other input?

It shouldn’t hurt. It will be contra-indicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding mums because they’re the only source of nutrition for the baby and presumably it’s best for the child if that nutrition is a constant but you should be good with a mild infection I would have thought. It may even help with the healing process if you can do a full 14-16 hour stint of fasting and hit the kick-in point for the IGF-1 repairative effects.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.