Would these break Intermittent Fasting protocol? Not for puritans…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
Would these break Intermittent Fasting protocol? Not for puritans…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  diverdog 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Would these break Intermittent Fasting protocol? Not for puritans…
    using mostly 16:8 rather than 5:2 protocol btw.

I would like to ask if the following supplements would seriously be detrimental to breaking a fast within the inermittent fasting protocol…

1. 3g Vitamin C tablets (this amount is supposed to lower cortisol that is increased while fasting)
    2. 5 tablets of amino acids , HumaPro (they claim 5 tablets are only 0.2 calories!)
    3. One-1.5 tablespoons of Black Seed Oil
    4. Konjac Glucomannam Fiber supplement (3-5 capsules)
    5. Grapefruit or Basil essential oil (1 drop) in tea

I don’t always take these, but the Konjac with the amino acids tabs satiate me enough to continue fasting….
    Most curious about Black cumin seed oil. I guess it is in the same category as coconut oil which doesn’t involve Sugar metabolism and is under 50 calories?

Well lets hear what you think and other supplements you take to prolong the fasting period?

Thanks

16:8 isn’t fasting. Just take your supps during the 8 hour window. Same with classic 5:2. Take with your meal. If you can’t make it 16 hours without eating perhaps you should examine what you are eating during NFD’s. If you are doing a water fast I’d stop the BCCA’s

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.