wish me luck everybody!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  issu 10 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• inspired by sylvesrta’s old post, i did put my jogging kit on and going to do it! no excuses now πŸ™‚ just waiting till 6 pm so i can put my baby to bed, serve dinner to the rest of the family and off i go (that way i also avoid temptation to sit down with them and eat bolognese on my fast day πŸ˜€ )

my plan is to run (jog i mean :)) on every other day

I’m nervous as i didn’t run for so long now ….

wish me luck! xxx

Excellent spirit Issu !

Take it easy (real easy !) if you are not used to running. No point in getting injured. Don’t be afraid to walk if you feel the need. Only gradually extend your sessions in time/distance.

Let us know how you get on.

Nearly forgot .. best of luck !

I second Macloud and wish you luck Issu!!

Thank you Macloud and Angie! at 6:00 I found my brain pulling all sorts of excuses, starting of wrong sports bra to not being able to find my mp3 player πŸ™‚ I took my phone instead and went anyway. I’m more unfit then expected lol. My intention was to jog 3:6 miles hahaha had to walk 3 times for couple of minutes but feel much better about myself for doing so and it took my focus from food to something else. It will only get easier. Next run Wed πŸ™‚

Go issu go!!! It’s worth giving yourself that shove to get going.

I agree with macloud – walk if you have to until you get used to it.

I just wasn’t feeling very energetic this morning but the sun was trying to shine so I forced myself out the door for a run. I’m glad I did, it made me feel much better.

It’s like this WOE …it gets easier!!

Keep on keeping on!

xx

Thank you Sylvestra. I was playing with the idea of running again for some time now. I use to run a lot 6-5 years ago by had 2 children since and didn’t run at all for more then a year now. I have seen your post about your first run and just told myself no more excuses. Downloaded the podcast on my mp3 that’s why I was cross I couldn’t find the damn thing today πŸ˜€ It was sunny here in wales too so I couldn’t resist I will be sore tomorrow I can tell πŸ™‚ nice to see you are still running! Xxx

Good on you issu! Keep motivated! These early stages might be tricky to really get yourself going but once you get in a routine that fits in with your life, then you can’t live without.

Try setting your mp3 players, clothes, trainers etc on the dresser the night before your planned run, so that you have no excuses for yourself! Find that helps a lot with first time clients of mine.

Also, give yourself little in run challenges; say to yourself you’ll sprint between 3 sets of lampposts at some point in the run.

JC thank you for your advice! sprint may still be a bit challenging i think, but i do manage now to run for 20 min without a walking break – trying every time push it 1 min longer.

I totally agree with setting exercise kit somewhere visible. I put it all on before rest of my family is back home, so i feel like i have no choice other then go and do it. I did skip 2 runs since i started… and i think from now on i will set it all up night before as you say. I do hope weather stays dry… running in the dark in the rain somehow puts me off ( i wonder why? ;)) soon the clock change so is going to be a DAY TIME when i go running! Yuuupiiiee! πŸ™‚

and also… some days i find it harder to run then others- i wonder if it’s to do what i eat that day and when. Any advice?

issu,

If you keep a diary of what you eat, how much, and when, and record your mood when you are about to go on your run you can then look for patterns. Also what happens at work/relations with family and friends can affect how keen you are to run, as can the weather.

Viv

Hi Viv!

food diary sound like a good idea, if i can only keep at it for long enough πŸ™‚ i’ll give it a go. weather affects me for sure, always did but i think is a bit more then this. Thank you for you advice!

You have wonderful sporting spirit. Don’t worries just go ahead you can do it. Do not lose your hope or strength at any cost. Because you have tremendous willing power and definitely you will get success.

Thank you Seowiz!

I’m trying my best! I’m on a week 6 on my 10k running app, with scheduled run tomorrow. I have to repeat some days time to time, if i struggled, like tomorrow I’m doing the same run then I did last time, as even though I did it, I struggled a bit. But I don’t train for any event, so I can take it nice and slow πŸ™‚

Thanks once again! xxx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.