What to eat on non fast days??

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
What to eat on non fast days??

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  quasiliberi 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• What ratios of fats, carbs and proteins should one eat on non fast days for optimal health?
    And how much of the proteins should come from plant or animal?

Thanks Snez

In the book they say that we can eat whatever we want, even though they suggest not to over-eat!!!

I think it is reasonable to try to eat relatively healthy foods even on off days. I’ve been on 5:2 since mid April and am down about 12 lbs.

Since February, I have been reducing the amount of refined/simple carbohydrates and sugar as well after reading “Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease” by Robert Lustig. I figure eating better will help further to avoid metabolic disorder. I am not obsessive about it; I just try to make good choices (whole grains, and whole fruit; less dessert, fruit juice and potatoes; no Coca-Cola or other soda).

I calorie count everything on a phone app. It helps keep me honest, especially on weekends. It’ll track all the details of my diet, in terms of carbs, fats, sodium, etc. Fridays and Saturdays I eat what I want, but record it religiously, and the non-fast days I record just to make sure I’m not going overboard. In the end, even going overboard on weekends on occasion, the diet keeps me about at a 2000 calorie a day level on average. I have radical weight fluctuations between weekends and midweek, but I’m down about 30 from when I started the diet early March.

Hi Angusandskye, in my fast day I never overtake 1500 Kcal/day and I’ve these fluctuations of weight too. The problem is that I’m suck at -2 kilos after 4 weeks….
    Ciao

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.