What period of time constitutes a DAY of fasting–24 hours? 32 hours?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
What period of time constitutes a DAY of fasting–24 hours? 32 hours?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• So far on my revised 5:2 diet, I’ve enacted 4 intermittent days of light eating (not pure fasting). Hasn’t been real tough.

Is it necessary to have two overnights in the fasting period characterized as a day?

I estimate that, so far, my days ON have been 32 hours. After dinner on an OFF day, I’m counting the hours of sleep before the ON day, then sticking with the very light eating through to the following morning. (Hope this is clear…) I don’t know if this is standard/non-standard.

So, reading somewhere that you will FAIL on this diet if you don’t eat enough on the OFF days has me wondering about the standard measure of “a day”.

Could I, rather, have a “normal” morning breakfast on my ON days and then enact a 24-hour or maybe 26-hour day of fasting/light eating from that point on, and expect success?

THANKS!

Hi drewin and welcome:

A 5:2 fasting ‘day’ is about 36 hours. Please read the FAQ at the top of the page for an explanation.

You may have read it somewhere, but you will not FAIL on 5:2 if you don’t eat ‘enough’ (whatever that is) on your non-diet days. You may just lose weight a little faster. There is no such thing as ‘starvation mode’, also addressed in the FAQ and in a specific post by Dr. M. on the subject.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.