What options of maintenance are out there?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight maintenance
What options of maintenance are out there?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MaryAnn 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi All,

I have hit my target and lost 2 stone yipeeee!. I want to start maintenance next week but I am a bit unsure of where to start. I don’t want to throw away all the hard work just to put the weight back on!

I have heard of various different maintenance plans such as 6:1 or 2 days of 800 or 2 days of 1000.

Has anyone successfully maintained on any of the above or any other plans?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Take a look at the Maintenance thread as there are lots of successful maintainers sharing information.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/thank-you-dr-m-for-my-success/

What I’ve done is moved from strict 5:2 (eating 400 cals or less on Monday and Thursday) to not eating breakfast or lunch on those days, but eating the same supper meal that my family eats, not counting the calories. So my Monday and Thursday now have just a regular supper meal which still has me having two 24 hour fasts per week.

If I found (which I haven’t yet) that my weight starts to go up, I just need to eat less on one or both of those days.

Thanks PhilPlasma, That’s a good idea! Might need to give that a go next week

Krista Varady’s plan, which is backed by a study, is 1000 cals every other day (up from 500 during the weight loss phase). Anecdotally a lot of things work: reducing the number of fast days, switching to 16:8, etc. Keep an eye on your weight and be prepared to experiment.

Congrats, btw!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.