What about consuming little or no calories on the fast days??

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
What about consuming little or no calories on the fast days??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Today is my first day on the 5/2 diet. I was hoping to just not eat if possible on the fast days as eating can really stimulate my hunger. Sometimes it seems easier just to forego food altogether. Any thoughts on this?? Has anyone else tried this strategy?

Lots of us have tried this strategy and plenty of people find it is the easiest way.

Your first few weeks on 5:2 will be quite an experiment working out if and when you eat on fast Days, how much, and which foods.

Have fun working out what suits you. Keep hydrated! Best wishes.

Try both 0 calories and 500/600 and see which works best for you. I tried not eating anything, but that felt like torture. 500 and not eating anything until noon works best for me. But lots of people do 0 calories and really like it.

Hi,

It’s very much an option whether you eat or not on FDs.
    I usually fast until dinner time as it means I can have a good size dinner and don’t go to bed hungry, but occasionally I just have tea and coffee both of which I take with a splash of milk, and lots of water.

As Cinque and CD have wisely said, try a few things out and find what suits you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.