Warts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I’ve been on the 5:2 diet for 3 weeks and noticed that some long standing warts on my thumb (treated several times with freezing with no effect) have cleared up. I’ve seen some anecdotal evidence that fasting can clear them but has anyone else noticed any difference?

No, hasn’t worked for me. . I have no explanation for that, but take it as a bonus.

Warts are caused by a virus. It is possible that fasting may have helped a bit, but normally those type of effects are only reported by people that have been fasting for extended periods of time.

If you fast for several days, it is supposed to cause while blood cell count to drop and once you start eating that quickly restores. This has been reported in some studies. I don’t know of any data that shows that kind of impact with shorter fasts. So it is possible, it is also possible your body just won the war against the virus.

However, for most healthy people there can be many positive impacts from fasting besides just weight loss. So maybe starting some fasting did kick start something positive in your body. If so it is a great deal to have such a gain from so little effort!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.