Two Day Water Fast Result

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CalifDreamer 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I decided to attempt a two day water fast. I have seen a nice improvement in fat loss since I switched from <600 calories fast day to a water fast. Measuring my blood ketones showed that the <600 cal fast barely move me to fat burning at 0.6 mmol or so. 35 hour water fast took me to 1.1-1.5 mmol. For the two day fast I lost 2.2lbs to a new low of 163.0 lbs at 5’10”. Going B2B with a water fast made a big difference in fat burning. After day one 35 hr fast my blood ketones were at 1.1mmol, into a nice fat burning zone. Adding another 24 hours increased ketones by 500% to 6.1 mmol! Taking the torch to that grease! It wasn’t very hard to do. I was never really hungry and felt good except for getting a little cranky last night. I wasn’t hungry as I broke my fast this AM but the food tasted so good. I’m recharging my glycogen for weightlifting today.

As a strange side note I have a AC joint that’s always sore and stiff when I get up in the morning. Not so today. I didn’t feel a twinge of soreness!

Hi as a newbie, this seems a good method for plateaus x

I did my first ever WFD on Wednesday, followed by a 500 calorie FD on Thursday. I lost 1.8 kg over the two days. I thought it was mostly water weight but after a fairly controlled NFD yesterday, I only gained 300 grams as of this morning. (I had two pieces of sourdough toast with butter yesterday morning to break the fast.)

The WFD wasn’t very much different than a regular FD in terms of hunger. I really didn’t notice much. I wasn’t trying to get off a plateau but it probably would be good for that. It did get rid of some overeating NFD’s weight. It hadn’t been planned, I was busy Wednesday morning with work and hadn’t eaten by noon, so I just decided to go with it. I’ve seen so many people here talking about WFD that I wanted to experience it for myself.

I don’t have any plan to do more in the future since the good old 500 calorie twice a week FD has worked well for me. It’s not fast weight loss, a pound per week or sometimes less, but it’s easy and I’m used to the routine of it. It’s the first time I’ve ever found a way of eating that’s healthy and sustainable. I’m using it for maintenance now and the plan is to stick with it indefinitely. And I love the way I feel the morning after a FD!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.