Tummy rumbling for the first time in years!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Tummy rumbling for the first time in years!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  QuietOne 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I have chronic IBS, so I’m being sensible on my fast days and continuing to eat within my 500 calories, just having a Bovril at lunchtime.

I’m still early into the diet (second week) and I have noticed that on fast days I get a tummy rumble between 2 and 3 o’clock.

The first time it happened, I realised I hadn’t heard my tummy rumble in years. Maybe even since childhood!

I’m seeing this as a positive sign that my stomach and bowels are responding well to the fast days, and my body is behaving more like normal. It would be amazing if my IBS improved as part of this change in my lifestyle…

Luiz my IBS is greatly improved almost but not quite cured within 6 weeks on 5:2 it was so noticeable I had to talk it over with the Dr. I kept waiting for something to go totally wrong and have a huge flare up. This has not occurred to date and 13+ months on 5:2.

The disturbances that have occurred are minor in nature and don’t last long. Mild cramping for the most part.

Not saying you will react the same way as I have each one of us is different and we will react differently. Dropping high carbohydrate foods as much as possible is probably beneficial as well. Your mileage may vary.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.