To good to be true?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Puny 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi all,

I am a 45 year old woman from Norway who has recently started on this diet. So far the results have been better than I could ever hope for, certainly after years and years with healthy eating, restrictions on what to eat, lots of exercise and still gaining weight.

This really seems to be working, but at the same time I can’t quite shake off the feeling that I am cheating. How can this work without lots and lots of pain and sacrifices??? And on my NF days I keep feeling guilty when eating something else than a salad. I find it quite surprising that I have been carrying all this guilt around food for so long and not being aware of it. Instead it has become a state of mind. Now that I am aware of it I can work on eating without guilt. Everytime I eat some cake or a chocolate I feel like I have won the lotto. Thank you Dr Michael Morsley for giving me a new view on life and the pleasures of food.

hello and welcome.
    i really do relate to your post, all the foods that carry a naughty feeling are no longer off limits or carry that guilt for wanting them. we dont have to eat like rabbits any more to achieve our goals,

after doing this plan for just over a year, my relationship and attitude towards what i put in my mouth is a mile away from what it was, i can control my eating, stop when full, say yes or no to that cake, know what is true hunger or thirst. and still have lost 40.5 lbs. to good to be true! xx

My feelings exactly! I’ve only been doing the diet for two weeks and have lost loads. I’m away on holiday this week and even though its difficult I’ve still managed to fast. My breakfast this morning included a glass of cava and crusty bread with jam and butter. I usually opt for healthy low fat food on the whole and find it very difficult to let myself have, what I consider, a treat but when I do how fabulous does it taste!

I’m counting my calories on feast days just to ensure I don’t eat too much and i think I will be doing that for some time to come. Do other folk count calories every day?

Janedun yes many fasters count calories every day, do what works best for you. for me after years of counting diets i couldnt bear todo it again, so i choose not to, all the best xx

Don’t you find because you can have foods you fancy on your non fast days that you don’t go overboard on them. I find it far easier to just have a slice of cake or a couple of biscuits because they are not forbidden foods. As soon as certain foods have become out of bounds (when I’ve been on other diets) I have suddenly wanted them more than ever. On this diet I just think oh I can have that tomorrow if I want. Sometimes I don’t even want it the next day.

It’s a bizarre way of thinking and it probably highlights my unhealthy relationship with food but hopefully you don’t all think I’m nuts.

Puny, if you are nuts then I’m nuts too. I can still go overboard on feast days if I allow myself to. However I am finding that I’m less likely to reach for comfort food at work. I used to reach for the biscuits or chocolates that people brought in but on the whole, I’m actually thinking more about what I’m doing. 🙂

For me, the whole point of feed days is that they do not require any thought, angst, stress, regret, guilt or worry of consequences!
    I know that if I overdo it on every feed day for a week or so, then there will be a weight wobble, but an occasional blowout/indiscretion makes life so much more contented than an everyday calorie controlled diet ever could and makes for a much more happy relationship with food – but if people are happy to food obsess every day and it works for them, then that is also good.
    Being less likely to reach for comfort foods might be down to the fact that the breaking of habits and feeding associations on fast days, continues on feed days.

Aniann – I’m glad I’m not alone 😀 Good for you being able to resist the temptations people bring in.

Snedger – I think you’re right, the fast days make you re-think whether or not you really need that snack/large portion etc. It’s also encouraged me to stop when I’m full and just throw things in the bin. I think it’s drummed into us as children not to leave things on your plate but really it’s a good thing.

I don’t do any calorie counting on non fast days. Long may that last and may many bad habits be broken.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.