The day after was ugly….

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
The day after was ugly….

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• The first fast day was a blast. The day after was ugly. I wasn’t too hungry the day after, but once I started I couldn’t stop eating. Then I found it very hard to start fast day 2. SOOOO….I will start again tomorrow. Fast day 1. The day after I think I will keep it between 800-1000 cals. Then a fast day… bring it up a bit for the remaining days. I also have to track everything. So while on non fast days I can do more of what I want…it is not a free for all!

Well done, it not easy but it good to take it day at time.

It takes time for the brain to catch up with this new way of eating, so don’t panic.

I always have a treat after a fast day, but just one. Usually an Almond Croissant from a local bakery. That way I feel that I have a reward….and I only have ONE.It seems to satisfy the brain and the stomach!

I’ve still lost 23 lb and now 23″………since January.

WOW annetta52! That is a fantastic weight loss. I think my go to food is cheese. Oddly enough I can look at a croissant or chocolate and laugh at it and walk by. But salty/carb/wine/oooh that’s hard.

If you average it out it is less than lb a week. Some weeks I’ve lost 2 lb, others have put it on and some never lost any weight. But the point is that I have kept shrinking.

If it is cheese then chose something that you really like, one portion and sit down without the tv on etc……and savour every mouthful.

I have lost 4 lb off both my waist and my hips….is that enough of an incentive?

Try it and see. I noticed that as the weeks went by the food that I craved on a fast day had less of a strangle hold on me as the weeks went by.

Let us know how it goes.

I love cheese so have started buying individual portions pre packed. More expensive but saves weighing and calorie calculating. Each portion is about 80 calories then 🙂

The day after my 2nd or 3rd fast day I pigged out at breakfast and instantly regretted it! I felt over full and bloated for ages afterwards. I have since learned to control my initial craving to stuff my face and just have a light breakfast the day after a fast and I feel better able to control my food intake for the rest of the day then. Good luck with the restart, I hope it goes well for you.

I don’t like breakfast so for me I can go most of the day without eating so on a fast day I just drink water all day and eat at about 7:30pm.
    Then on a feast day I have a HM wholemeal roll and ham and salad at about 2pm and then an evening meal at about 7:30/8pm.
    My problem is boredom and a sweet tooth so I drink diluted squash on a feast day instead of water and I am also counting my calories on feast days because I know how easy it is to overeat for me.

Pally666 how are you doing with that way of eating? I don’t eat until after two pm either, even on feast days.

Hi ChrissieinBrittany, I have lost 3lbs in 2 weeks and I am halfway through my third week.
    I only weigh on a Sunday with my BF (obviously not at the same time) as it is an old habit from weight watchers, I know I can do it if I put my mind to it and it is definitely better than WW as you really can have what you want the day after a fast.

@gretchen907
    “Oddly enough I can look at a croissant or chocolate and laugh at it and walk by. ”

Interestingly, in our downtown Chicago, there is a chocolate factory, Blommer.

On special days, with a special wind, the chocolate scent will permeate in the air. Sometimes, it’s in the morning and sometimes it’s in the evening. I don’t think anyone outside of the factory really knows when that chocolate scent will be in the air.

It was in the air last Saturday evening as we went to a play nearby.

I don’t know how many people really appreciate that chocolate smell. We commented on it for the sake of our visitor friends, smiled, and walked on.

I certainly have always appreciated this unique and surprising scent to our city.

Later, I would notice people enjoying their snacks during intermission.

I wondered how much of that snacking had been stimulated by the scents outside.

Our free chocolate smells.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.