The 31 day October Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The 31 day October Challenge

This topic contains 1,627 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by  Fuvvie 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,628 total)

• Day 3, NFD, LONDON

I won’t be posting every day as it’s best for me to not get obsessed with weighing in every day. I will however post every Friday.

FD Tomorrow, actually looking forward to it.

London Day 3 – Still sunny ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope everyone had a good weekend. FD and Pilates for me today. Low calorie soup for lunch and stuffed mushrooms with stir fry veg for dinner.

Good luck to all those fasting today

Morning all, USA – Missouri Ozarks – Day 3 – Fast Day

Fuvvie, Peanut Butter Pie is very simple, one graham cracker pie crust, 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, one cup peanut butter, one teaspoon vanilla, one cup powdered sugar – blended together and folded into one container Cool Whip. Spread in the pieshell and chill. I freeze it a bit right before serving so it cuts easier. One can either put chocolate syrup in the bottom of the crust before filling or top with swirls of chocolate syrup *my choice* and then top each piece with a tab of topping and a maraschino cherry just for fun. Very rich so small slices.

Believe it or not, I ended up having a fast day on a feast day. Only ate a couple bites of seven layer dip with a few chips, a couple bites of pasta salad, and some fresh green beans with mushrooms. Only dessert I ate was a bite of a cupcake – didn’t want that but it was a “special” cupcake – a REVEAL cupcake for our new great grand child to be born in March. The inside filling was pink – so we are having a G I R L !!! Lots of fun and hubby got lots of great cards and nice gifts. We are truly blessed with a wonderful family and friends.

Enjoy your day all. I am having my morning coffee with coconut oil and creamer. Won’t eat again until about 7 tonight.

Surrey UK Day 3 FD today…..Apologies, Fuvvie, for not posting yesterday, we had a HUGE family gathering yesterday for my granddaughter’s 14th birthday. I was so busy making sushi and looking after the family, by the time everyone left it was around 10 pm and I was exhausted!
    Beginning of hopefully a good week, and I am looking forward to this month. Just about to take the dogs into the woods for a walk.
    Just a quick note to NicT…you don’t need to weigh everyday, just to post every day. It is so useful just to touch base each day. It just keeps accountability at the forefront of one’s mind. Have a good one, all!

Australia Day 3 NFD

Yay very happy after my first fd for 10 days to lose 1kg of the extra weight I put on last week. Hopefully the rest will follow quickly! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Also completed the my exercise plan for the day, will probably be sore tomorrow after a few weeks off, but will be happy to be sore and hopefully feeling stronger again soon.
    Really happy to be a part of this challenge. I’m really motivated by everyone’s success and completely relate to the struggles. Good luck everyone.

wrapping it up for today. Choir was great. All your posts are really worth reading.
    Way to go, Lou Belles.
    Linda Sue, there is no way I can go there. What is Cool Whip? It would be lethal for me to have that pie in my fridge. But it sounds so fascinating that I would love to serve it up to my skinny friends. I’m also intrigued by the REVEAL cupcake. What a lovely idea. Bullet proof coffee is a great way to start the day.
    Goodnight from a wet Sunshine Coast. The tanks will be filling up which makes me very grateful.
    I might look for that gratitude app.

USA/Day 3 FD

London | Day 3 | FD

Going well so far. Just had reduced salt chicken broth to warm me up. Only 28 cals for 400ml but still almost half my daily sodium allowance ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Guess it’s out for future fast days…also it has made me more hungry than before ๐Ÿ˜ก

No cross trainer today as I will be cycling 11 miles later on as well as life modelling for 2 hours. It may not sound like much but standing completely still is really rather hard work ๐Ÿ’ช

Plank: Managed another 60 secs today although I can still feel yesterday’s one ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Arms: Still nothing, avoiding having to pick an exercise. Will just go with push ups I guess and maybe some bench dips afterall.

@susiecarp which app did you go with? I’m looking for a gratitude one also but couldn’t decide on one yet…

@nict There is no need to weigh in every day, only check in with location, day and FD or NFD. That’s the point of the challenge. I only weigh myself Fridays also โ˜บ

@lindasue Reveal cupcake sounds awesome! Such a cool way to tell everyone ๐Ÿ‘

Day 3 Fla USA NFD greetings to all from south Florida preparing for hurricane Matthew- looks like it is turning west so we will get rain wind and high tides thank heaven! Feeling great this morning – always do after a fast day. It just seems to get my body in line – sleep like a baby and general feeling of all’s right in the world. As you know from my posts I did a dream trip through the southern part of the US on my way to Florida last week. Six glorious days of beautiful scenery, wonderful people and incredible food. Unfortunately the incredible food came with the price of 3 pounds but this too shall pass ! I made this
    incredible trip with my dearest friend who made it even better. There comes a time in your life ( as my
    name says itsmytime) when you have to take care of your self. We spend our lives taking care of everyone around us – now itsmytime. I planned the trip – it was everything we wanted to do it was wonderful and now
    it’s time to get back to my 5:2 lifestyle. I’ve only been doing it a month and it just seems very natural and very comfortable. As I have mentioned my biggest problem is exercise I just can’t seem to get motivated and I know when I get myself going I will be in the best place for me. I read your posts every morning to
    remind my self if all my friends around the world that are in my corner abd cheering me in. Have a great day

Day 3 USA (Illinois). – NFD

Got in a 15 minute power walk last evening on my FD but really only ate one small meal. I do an apple a day for regularity, then had a vegetable medley with shrimp. This evening is our Choral Society social following rehearsal which is like a “grazing around a table of mixed goodies” that is always full of intriguing items. I won’t eat supper before, and hopefully I won’t over eat at the social!

A fellow dieter at church yesterday noticed how baggy my pants were. Washed them and put them in the growing bag for Goodwill. Fewer old clothes are fitting me. Yeah!

I like the saying “onward and downward” as a motto.

Day 3 | Ohio, USA | FD!

Do you all tell family/friends/co-workers you’re doing the 5:2? I haven’t so much, outside one friend who already knew about it and my spouse. I guess I want to wait until it see some results before I start evangelizing.

Have a great day all!

I have only told my husband about the plan so he doesn’t offer me food etc on fast days. Other than that, it’s my concern. I’d get ‘oh come on, a little won’t hurt…’ or things like that. If they don’t know, they can’t comment. But that’s just me.

Day 3 – here in south florida – exercise for the weekend was ‘moving’ – furniture, cleaning, etc. not sure how much i did but i hurt all over. Unfortunately there was a housewarming basket of chocolate that i picked at all weekend. ๐Ÿ™
    Did PiYo Buns this morning and this will be the Fast day.

@fuvvie – if you wanted to post the spreadsheet on google docs, maybe we could update our own columns and cut down on your admin time?

also, anyone that wants to try “Friends” or “groups” in MyFitnessPal app, i need an email address to send the invite – just 1 or 2 to start to see 1. if/how it works and 2. if it works with the free account – if you have to buy the premium to get it to work, that won’t be as productive

Keep up the Great Work everyeone!!!

Is it too late to join?
    I would like to start learning how to fast again. I was regular at this forum from January and successfully lost 23 lb. But in August – September I guess I got lazy and did not complete any fasts (although tried many times). I started eating a lot of carbs again, stopped check this forum, and gain 7 lb back. This weekend, I woke up in the middle of the night sweaty and hot – yes, my hot flashes are back!! – I was horrified. I really need to start over and learn how to do fasting again.
    Today I am trying to complete my fast day, and went to forum for inspiration. I am so glad to find this post and would like to join the challenge. I will try to post every day, and my goal is to get learn again how to fast twice per week, and minimize my carb intake.

Gozo, Malta
    Day 3
    FD

Holly time is precious when you see each other only four times a year. So make the most of it and enjoy their company.

Two of my daughters work full time and currently I’m babysitting about five times a week mostly inhe morning and early afternoon. But from November my eldest daughter who has a two month son will be traveling from Malta to Gozo twice a week to work with her father and then I’ll be babysitting six times a week. I also like to have my daughters over for Sunday lunch every other Sunday but might limit that so I’ll have a day off and eat out as my husband adviced me. I cook lunch for my daughters every day as they prefer that then to eat lunch out.

Today is a FD for me. It’s salad with ricotini for lunch and it’s going to be baked fish with salad for supper.

It’s inspiring to read all your lovely posts.

Have a great Monday everyone.

DAY 3 NFD USA
    WEIGHT 208.3

Goals
    work out 5 days this week
    Up my water intake
    Fd tuesday and Thursday

Good luck to everyone

Day 3: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, UK: Fast-day (hopefully).
    Coldpizza great to have you back…be inspired, the forum is so helpful and, remember if you haven’t given up, you haven’t failed, OK?
    We all have times when we slacken off…the secret is to NEVER GIVE UP!

2nd post.
    I will not tell anyone but my husband and only because I live with him and he would notice that I don’t eat 2 days a week. Everyone will preach that you are ruining your health – it is not a sound logical program that they believe is the right way. 3 meals and two snacks a day. Just do yourself a big favor and keep it your own little secret and smile knowingly when people say gee you look good what are you doing and you can answer just taking care of myself

Day 3, Brussels, FD

FD today, but as I’ve started a new job and there are new people joining the group each week it means that we go out for lunch as a group I had to change my concept of doing water fast/eating something small in the evening to eat lunch and now nothing more for today. So far so good, but hope it will be OK all night! A few more people are joining this week, but from next week I’ll be able to take back control over my lunch again, can’t wait.

Day 3|FD|Toronto

Hi all UK day 3 FD – so far so good – winnie the pooh feeling (rumbly tum) but feeling stronger – I can do this – I really can!

HollyLJ – don’t worry you were not alone – I also put weight on this challenge but didn’t actually post it just said I was drawing a line under it and moving on. I am also using it as inspiration to get well and truly back on track. Christmas is coming and I need to make another dent in my weight loss now! I had a terrible set back after Christmas – it took me months to get back on course – hence my May challenge. Hopefully it won’t be like that this time round now I have you all with me to support each other.

Coldpizza – glad you have dropped in again – it won’t take you long to get back on track.

NicT – as previously advised you don’t need to weigh everyday just post everyday. It can be as short as you like. Do you still read the posts everyday? If I was to leave reading everyone’s posts to once a week I would never get through them all. It is reading the posts that can inspire you and where you can pick up tips to ensure you give yourself the best possible chance of success. Posting everyday is the commitment to the challenge. I have learnt so much from this thread from the art of de-cluttering to T5T – I bought books on some to read up further. I discovered a good yoga class not too far away thanks to someone mentioning MELT which I had never heard of before. I feel truly grateful to those who joined me in this journey. The commitment to post everyday is so worth it.

Itsmyturn – so agree with you about who to share 5:2 with – the reaction of some people who are horrified at the idea of fasting its just not worth it.

Fu vvie
    how do you make Bulletproof Coffee I looked up a recipe online and it had a special kind of brain enhancing something or another oil – can I just use kerrygold butter and organic coconut oil?

US, Day 3, a sunny FD.

120.0…Miso with seaweed for lunch (my kitchen smelled AWFUL this morning!)

itsmyturn, just chiming in. I put in a tablespoon of coconout oil (organice) and stop there.

Greatlakes, we actually have a bit of a 5:2 club going on at the office right now. There are about 4-5 of us…depending on the day.

Fuvvie, Cool Whip is fake whipped cream.
    http://www.organicauthority.com/health/skip-the-cool-whip-you-dont-want-to-know-what-its-made-of.html

Sussex UK Day 3 FD
    Going ok today – I am so busy at work and we only have 35 minutes for lunch, it’s actually easier not to eat! Feeling a bit peckish now but will hold on for turkey burgers and salad knowing I will feel good tomorrow. Like some others on here, I quite often have trouble sleeping on a FD – it’s not hunger, I think it just affects me.
    Yesterday was good – HIIT first thing – fast walking + short fast sprints over 2 miles, then a day of making sugar flowers for a wedding cake next weekend. Afternoon tea was very nice and actually the items were not that big and I didn’t have anything else after that so despite the carb-fest, hopefully still ok.
    I need to find another sugar+carb-free snack – I used to take a little pot of cashews and macadamias to work but our school has been declared ‘nut-free’ so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Keep smiling – Onward and Downward!
    SSB

Day 3/Wisconsin/FD

Hello…would it be okay if I joined the October challenge a few days late? I was in on the first two challenges, and they were SO helpful. I’m finding that it is much more difficult for me to maintain my success without the accountability. One concession leads to another, until I’m not really following 5:2 at all. If it’s not okay to jump in late, I totally understand. If it is okay, I’ll plug away starting today.

FD today, and it is going well. Listening to Dr. Berg videos as I work helps me stay on track as well.

Hello again Fuvvie and all… yes I am blessed to be living in this wonderful country the Rocky Mountains are stunning… Day 3 is my FD
    Day one weight 192.8 up a bit from last week go figure…
    Today ay 7:30 am I had steel cut porridge oats with flax, Rogers blend 44 grams at 163 cals, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk 8 cals with 5.5 grams( nothing really) of Nutursourse salad topper ( sunflower seeds and crasins) at 20 calls for a total of 199 calories.
    I will have Michael/Mimi’s vegetarian chili page 157 in FD book at 383 tonight at 7:30.PM
    I feel the 7:30 – 7:30 works for me.
    I am going to workout for 10 minutes each day on the treadmill 2 mins fast walk, 30 seconds fast run x 4
    On Thursdays my second fast day I have been doing a Bootcamp and survived with only 200 cals in the am…
    I am wanting to lose 7-8 lb in October… good luck to all.

Day 4 Cornwall UK

Its so good to be home. The garden has done well during the past 3 weeks. So while OH mowed the grass I picked cucmbers, tomatoes, french beans, raspberrys and a delicious salad to go with chicken to break my fast. So a succesful fast day!

My weighin day is Thursday after my Wednesday fast so will post progress then.
    I only weigh once a week.

Looking foward to an early night so good luck everyone, stay strong!

Hi Saltyseabird, have you ever tried baking soy beans in place of your nuts. They do have carbs but contain way more protein than carbs. I use dried and soak them over night, dry them drizzle with olive oil,sea salt, garlic powder and sometimes chili powder or cajun spices and bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 40 mins. stirring every 10 mins or so.. super crunchy. Some people do not eat soy and so any bean can replace the soy but then you get more carbs than protein.. I also use garbanzo (chick peas)beans.

Day 4 NFD NZ

Brilliant fast yesterday, I just love the way I feel so in control and purposeful on a FD.
    I had a night of bizzare and frightening dreams though, has anyone else experienced that after a fast?

My FD exercise is working well, altered my training schedule to do HIIT run/sprints on the treadmill on FDs and in three weeks I’ve increased my sprint speed to faster than I’ve ever gone even back when I was still wearing my slim body and I ran daily. Feels great and it’s so quickly over and done with.
    I have been adding 30mins on the crosstrainer after my 20min HIIT just because only 20 mins doesn’t really feel like enough when I’ve always trained for an hour.
    All the research on HIIT suggests it is plenty but my mind can’t accept that yet.

Like many others here have said, I also choose not to tell anyone about my 5:2 way of life.
    I feel so reassured and certain about this but it is a personal journey and I have no intention of explaining or justifying myself.
    My husband is used to me eating other things when the family has meat so this journey is totally mine, I just cook them all a meat dish on my FD. He has never agreed when I’ve been miserable about my weight, it’s lovely he thinks I’m fine just as I am but I need this for myself and all my spare energy goes into sticking with it. There’s no mental energy left for me to explain myself so I just don’t talk about it anywhere but here where I know you all understand.

Thank you lovely people for being my support crew,
    Donโ€™t let a bad food day or an I-skipped-exercising day break your stride. Accept that you had an off day, and get right back on it the next. Unlike our HIIT sessions, Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint.

Seattle, WA (US)/Day 3/FD

Hello all! It’s getting chillier here in the Pacific Northwest and I feel it. Today is a fast day for me and I have miso soup on hand to see me through the lunch hour. Other than that, it’s tea and water. I’m usually out of the danger zone once I make it past 4:00pm. Only 3 hours and 50 minutes to go! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 3. US. NFD. One hour workout with weights: squats, lunges, side lunges, bicep curls, overhead presses, overhead Triceps, bent rows, bent flies, standing flies, prone flies, prone pullovers, plank, ab exercises.

Thank you Smileygirl, that’s a really good idea. I can’t have soya but chickpeas would be really good done like that – I will get some soaking!
    Lany63, yes, I do sometimes have very vivid dreams after fasting – odd isn’t it? I get what you mean about this being a personal journey – that’s a good thing because if we do this for someone else, it’s not going to be sustainable. My OH does get exasperated with me because I think I have tried every diet under the sun! After a year of being pescatarian, I have now gone Primal (again!). I was even vegan for a while but I missed fish too much.
    This is about how we feel in ourselves and that’s the only thing that matters, although personally, I like to have clear science behind the choices I make – which, of course, the 5:2 has.
    Keep smiling O&D (Onwards and Downwards)
    SSB

Sunshine Coast Day 4:FD: 105.6kgs this morning.

Coldpizza, I’m thrilled you are back. I was getting a bit concerned you were giving up. I thought you were having a break so didn’t want to keep on at you. Time to celebrate and drink to you with a glass of sparkling water and ACV.

Itsmyturn, I believe you can use whichever butter you like. My daughter uses 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter and 1 tbs of coconut oil. If you don’t like the flavour of the coconut oil, use refined coconut oil. We own a milk frother and you can mix it up in that, but you could blend it or whisk it. It tastes like coffee and cream but is very filling and can be a saviour for people on a fast day.

Welcome Edzeko. You are in. How lovely to hear from you. It is amazing how logging in everyday can prevent a huge backslide. And I agree with “One concession leads to another, until Iโ€™m not really following 5:2 at all.” You have hit the nail right on the head. Insight is what we need, and commitment when the motivation is at rock bottom. Looking forwards to reading more of your wisdom.

Time to get MIL ready for physio. Will walk 3 km with a friend whilst she is having her exercise session. Looking very overcast. Hope the rain holds off. Will check back in this afternoon.

London | (end of) Day 3 | FD

A successful FD after a long time! Wasn’t easy but feel good for having done it. All your posts encouraged me immensely ๐Ÿ™‚
    Black coffee in the morning, water throughout the day, mug of white miso soup around lunch time, raw courgetti (made with my new spirilizer!) in hot chicken broth for dinner.
    AND nothing with added sugar!
    10,663 steps + Spin class

NFD tomorrow.

Started packing for the meditation retreat starting on Wednesday. It’s going to be cold, so lots of layers!

Off to bed now – TRX class tomorrow first thing before work.
    Night all!

Perth, Australia/Day 4/NFD

I’ve been on 5:2 for a week now and I weighed in this morning at 90.8, so 2kg down. I’m aware that this isn’t sustainable, but it is lovely to see the figures go down.

Yesterday’s fast day went well. Consumed under 30 cal, pretty much just the milk in my coffee. Was very busy at work so only managed a 15 minute lunch break. Did use that to go for a quick walk and because I had to cut it short, I raced up and down stairs a few times. I finished late and then hit the books.

I’m really enjoying reading about everyone’s journey. I’m in awe of some of the exercise you manage to do. I’m going to try and go for a walk after uni this afternoon. It’s a 160 km round trip, I’m usually pretty tired when I get home but will make a concerted effort to get there.

Good luck to those of you on fast days and to those that aren’t, hope the temptation isn’t too great. Have a great day everybody ๐Ÿ˜Š

E Canada/3/ FD

…except I didn’t make the FD. I consumed 800 calories, which is to say I exceeded the 500 by 300 calories. And the day is not quite through, so I have to be vigilant.

Why: Spouse was eating a light ‘Cobb’ style salad, with meat, egg, bacon bits, for supper, and impulsively I joined him with a portion. I suppose as falling off the wagon goes, it could have been worse… this was at least healthy food. But I think I didn’t really commit to the fast, and I’m not sure why.

Good news was that I got in exercise biking to and from the pool (total 20 minutes), and mixed lap swimming and aquacise for about 40 minutes.

Good news was that I felt satisfied with less food than my TDEE.

Weight varies between 134 – 135.5. Still learning the fluctuations of my new scales, water weight variance, etc. over the course of the day.

Tweed Coast Australia / Day 4 / NFD

Yesterday’s fast went well. I’m sleeping extra hours to make up for the deprivation I experienced earlier in the week. My hunger has abated to a tolerable level. I’m happy with my weight this morning at 57.3 kg. Skipping breakfast and lunch will be my first meal of the day today.

itsmyturn ….I make bulletproof coffee using organic unsalted cultured butter, coconut oil and grass fed beef gelatin – 1tablespoon each in a tall mug and I use a stick blender in the mug to make it nice and frothy. I can usually make it all morning with one mug of coffee. I count it as a 16/8 day when I only have coffee for 16 hours. I hope that’s not cheating. Sometimes on FD’s I bring a second mug full to work with me in my travel mug. I do get a little concerned about the calories on FD’s with all that butter and coconut oil. I also like to to drink hot miso soup, just a tablespoon in a mug of hot water so not so many calories and it seems to help calm the hunger tiger. ๐Ÿ™‚
    The only sweeting I use is a little stevia. Staying away from sugar has reduced the mindless eating..not so much of that desperate feeling of “I’ve got to eat something right now or I’ll die”. LOL
    as saltyseabird said…Onwards and downwards

Day 3, Quรฉbec

Today was supposed to be a FD but I didn’t succeed. However, i staid much under my TDEE so th’as OK for the first time. A big problem for me is to refrain from eating about this time of day untill late into the night. I intend to go to bed early instead of eating ( hope I will listen to my own advice Lol ).

I feel it encouraging to see that I’m not the only one having trouble in maintaining the WOL.

Welcome back to those of you from the May challenge.

Let’s hold hands all together accross the world and let’s do this challenge. Reporting every day is so helpfull.

Bonne journรฉe x

Australia Day 4 FD – well the long weekend was beautiful with hints of what the summer could bring; we did a lot of spring cleaning in the garden yesterday and all is looking so much better. But then I celebrated with food – dinner out on Friday, fried chicken on Saturday, stuffed roast beef on Sunday and marinated pork ribs on the BBQ yesterday. I am kidding myself re this diet, really … How can you want something so badly but continually sabotage yourself?

Croatia, Day 4, NFD
    Weight: 76.5 Kg

Australia, day 4, FD

HannahWatto – it’s all about the portion size and what you had with it, how many calorific drinks as well. Smaller portions, smaller or lower calorie sides, and sparkling water instead of calorie rich drinks or make it every 2nd one. Have black coffee with a bit of milk added rather than full milk coffee etc.

USA (Minnesota) Day 3 FD
    Just clear liquids (coffee, tea, water) and then bone broth for about 120 cals at most, (I always try to over-estimate calories to balance my natural inclination to minimize my intake), then for supper: three cups of salad greens, 1 tablespoon parmesan, 1 teaspoon of olive oil for another 100 cals. Feeling very little hunger. I won’t eat before noon tomorrow, and will go longer if I’m not hungry. I may do another FD, or a low calorie day. Will see how I feel.

Moth54, if I don’t feel I can complete a strict FD, then I just try to keep it low cal and low carb, very healthy, and try again the next day, or maybe even the day after that. You won’t go into starvation mode having several low calorie days in a row. And in the end, the less calories you take in, even if over 25% TDEE, the more weight you will lose. Simple math, really. Keeping your carbs low on such days will reduce cravings and appetite, and will make it easier to have a good FD when you choose to. So, no need to give up entirely if you can’t complete a FD. You can still reap some benefits from attempting it.

Good to have you back, Edzeko!
    Good luck to everyone!

Day 4. Essex uk NFD.

FD went well. 500 calories consumed yesterday and I worked my socks off so I’m hoping the scales will be kind. I’ll be certain to make good food choices today!

Day 4, Brussels, NFD

Day 4 Italy – NFD
    I weigh 74.9 k already a 1kg loss, will try to do everything possible to keep it off!
    I Made my Fast Day yesterday. Nearly all liquids but, ate a very small dinner trying to encourage my little girl to eat hers, but no more than 200 calories.
    I too am a secret 5:2er, for me It’s just easier not to explain.
    Baygirl i hope your trip from uni isn’t really 160k, no wonder you’re tired after๐Ÿ˜‹
    I second everything that has been said about posting daily and would add that if i can’t commit to something simple as logging in here on a daily basis, it is highly unlikely that i will be able to commit to really losing this weight and maintaining that loss. No need to write anything…look at neostaford’s example of a successful loss!

Day 3: Pacific NW USA, NFD, over TDEE by about one bowl of strawberries and cream, not the first time.

I was barely conscious of an inner debate going on in my mind while I had that extra bowl of berries. The ‘making excuses’ side was arguing that tomorrow is a FD so all will be forgiven then. The ‘good girl’ was pleading not to over eat and cause fat to be stored that was so recently reduced. That rational ‘good girl’ self though was barely audible while the rationalizing self was screaming that in just a few days there won’t be any more fresh strawberries at the market! Why oh why was I not satisfied with the delicious meal we had?? Since I’m here with my psychoanalysis self also present I might as well acknowledge that I detect something like fear about scarcity in the supply chain. I truly was never under-fed! But it’s not the only time I’ve wondered if my emotional eating is inversely proportional to an under supply of some other emotional need.

I am getting ready to leave for a work trip but that’s not too unusual. I guess this small bump in the road adding to the bump in my middle is a lesson yet to be learned. And it is a FD tomorrow! Thank you 5:2 for an alternative to self flagellation!

Day 4 Sussex U.K.
    FD.
    Yesterday’s fast didn’t happen. Starting at breakfast I was all over the place food wise. Just going to draw a line under it and move on. WILL do it today.
    Bttfuture – look back, see how far you have come. You can do this.

Did my first FD today plus my first ever swim squad session at 50….pretty happy about that! Ii have made a commitment for a month for the 5:2 to see how I go. Easiest enough for day 1. Will keep checking in with the forum to keep me on track.
    Cheers

S

Cornwall UK
    Managed my first FD yesterday without too many concerns. Have learnt that drinking water does actually fill me up and stops me craving food for a while.
    WILL do this!
    Found time to measure myself last night so can compare these figures at the beginning of each month.
    Have a happy day everyone.
    Joy

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,628 total)

You must be logged in to reply.