The 31 day October Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The 31 day October Challenge

This topic contains 1,627 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by  Fuvvie 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 1,628 total)

• Day 23. Sussex U.K.
    NFD.
    Good luck today everyone.

Day 23, Brussels, NFD

Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words! Still 5 kg to go that I would love to lose by the end of this year, so there is no slacking here, but now I’ve got on paper that this works! Since the new start I had mid September I’m down 4,6 kg while still enjoying restaurants, drinks with friends and the occasional treat. I’ve mostly been doing 4:3 and as I started a new job at the same time I started this regim that’s only a 40 min walk from my flat I’ve been walking back and forth 95% of the days, which have not only helped me to incorporate some daily movement, it also have given me a chance to plan my day in the morning and then clear my head and wrap up the day before getting home in the evenings which have really helped me cope with stress and making me happier and more relaxed than in a long time, something that I’m almost happier about than the weight loss 🙂

I’m crossing my fingers or the same success for all the rest of you and that you’ll all find what works for you!!!

Day 23 NZ NFD

Day 23 Italy – NFD
    Totally blew my FD yesterday, i wasn’t in it wholeheartedly which is perhaps why I failed, but I tried so hard to keep busy. When I came in from the garden I had a cup of tea, which lead to a sandwich, which lead to crisps, which lead to biscuits…disaster!
    Today hoping for a good healthy day within my TDEE, even if my OH is off work so today is allowed to be my feast day.

NZ, Day 23, NFD
    Going okay – unexpected dinner out tonight. Looking forward to FD on Tuesday – normally Monday but it’s public holiday tomorrow here in N.Z.

Take care all. Xxx

Day 23. Essex uk

Felling a bit fed up so ate biscuits last night. Not a good decision. Then I ate biscuits with my tea this morning. Honestly. Well, I’ll have not a lot to eat today but every mouthful will be pure nutrition!

Happy Sunday. X

Tweed Coast Australia / Day 23 / NFD

Love these DAFDs (Day After Fast Days). Feeling good, happy, slim, energetic and making good choices about what I eat. Food always tastes better on a DAFD!

Australia, Day 23, FD

Day 23 : NFD : Cheshire, UK

Good Morning All – USA – Missouri Ozarks – Day 23 – Non-Fasting

Had a great day yesterday, exhausted but too tired to sleep so watched three King of Queens episode and one Everybody Loves Raymond. Got up at midnight and ate a peach Greek yogurt, haha (and it was yummy).

Had a moderate non-fasting day yesterday, got in my exercise plus lots and lots of bending and stretching and stair climbing cleaning around the house. Lots of water, tea, one cup of coffee with half and half.

Enjoy your day, everybody.

CONGRATS to the Chicago Cubs and their many fans !

UK day 23 NFD

Fuvvie ,so sorry just realised I didn’t log in yesterday ,no excuses just clean forgot.

Not doing so great on control at the moment,so FD tomorrow then will try and get back in a good rythym for the last week ,then go into the November challenge with renewed determination, I’ve only got a few pounds to go to my target and it would be great to go into the Christmas period in maintenance mode

Therealwil78 -what a lovely birthday present to yourself – well done

Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK: Non fast day.

Day 23|NFD|Bucks UK

Day 23. NJUSA NFD. so looking forward to a fast day tomorrow it’s been a whole week and I really do miss that good feeling. Family wedding yesterday everything was lovely so exciting to see the family together and Old Friends. Off to the airport early afternoon friends picking us up in Florida and we’re going out to dinner. Fast day can’t come fast enough take care have a good Sunday

Day 23+ Australia FD
    a soft boiled egg, 1/2 avocado, cos lettuce, tomato and Sriracha sauce for Breaky at 1:30pm

I’ve read that exercising at the end of a 14 plus hour fast will burn more fat as the bodies Glycogen stores are depleted and the exercise causes the body to therefore burn fat.
    Michael mentions this in one of his videos.
    So at 11am I went for a 14 KM walk with 3KM jog in the middle for a Calorie burn of 1060, according to S Health.
    Dinner tonight was a newbie – Mango Sriracha Chicken Skewers with a Mango salsa – only 308 Calories.
    FD’s are getting easier with the abundance of great recipes available. The wife wants we to serve this particular recipe once a fortnight, it was so good.
    We had over 100 calories up our sleeve so a small bowl of Greek yoghurt with fresh strawberries finished our day off wonderfully.
    Still no scales to be found but will try a pharmacy tomorrow.

Good Luck to all Monday FD-ers.

US Day 23, FD, staying off the scales for a few days. I probably need several FDS this week. I’m not hungry at all. Too much campfire food. Yikes!

Day 23 USA (Utah – visiting)

NFD – this maintenance is hard when there is food at parties to be eaten! Last evening it was hot dogs, chile and side dishes including lots of chips with delicious dips. Only one pumpkin chocolate chip cookie for dessert though. Oh yes, and small glass of beer (split a bottle of dark stout with daughter).The white chicken chile was delicious and likely not many calories. HAD to have the hot dog as we watched the early part of the Cubs game somewhat secretly with a Dodgers fan who was there. She still was happy for the Cubs to win – finally after so many years.

Backtothefuture – I plan to join the November challenge to maintain, but likely will need to lose my traveling weight.

Northern Dawn – I had no idea you had such family connections with the Cubs via your dad. My dad and brother toted me along with them to games when I was a little girl so we could watch Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, and Billy Williams play. I loved Wrigley Field even then. Last night’s 7th Inning Stretch “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” was sung by Bulls great Scottie Pippin as he said “In honor of Ernie, Ron, and Harry (Carey)” then later the radio interviewed Williams!

Linda Sue – thanks for the kind congrats! I know you’re GO NATIONAL LEAGUE all the way now! I am still kind of numb this morning having celebrated the win with daughter last night.

therealwil78 – new jeans are a great treat, aren’t they? I have enjoyed shopping for new clothes myself and have given away 2 huge bags of baggy clothes to Goodwill in the last couple months. After summer finished, I cleaned out the closets of clothes I promise I will never wear again. To me, that’s added incentive to stay at my new happy weight, and maybe even lose a few more pounds.

Onward and downward!

Surrey UK day 23 Just typed out a long post and then lost it. Very irritated right now, feeling a general sense of apprehension.
    Ciren2, thank you for your kind words. Haven’t weighed, haven’t fasted, will be with my daughter in St Albans for the rest of the week. Hanging in there by my fingernails.
    Take care all!

Day 23 NFD south Florida USA
    Oktoberfest get together last night.
    Couple glasses of wine as well but all and all not too bad.
    Looking forward to another FD tomorrow.
    Congrats thereawaik for reaching your goal!
    Have a great day everyone!

Day 23 NFD Portugal
    Completely off track all weekend. Not a great week last week on the whole with exercise or food. I really need to get focused this week – last week of the October challenge, I think I have still got enough time to reach the goal but I will need to exercise and do 4:3. I really must get my head back into this.

Have a great week everyone.

Georgia/USA/NFD/Day23:

Still hanging in there! Gonna watch a lot of American Football today. I have a conference out of town tomorrow and Tuesday, but I’m still planning on sticking to my Monday Fast Day.

London | Day 23 | NFD

Australia, day 24, nonFD

Turned yesterday’s nonFD into a FD, just because I got to 1pm without having anything and was curious to see what would happen if I kept going and did back2back fasts. I am out in unknown territory doing 5:2 with my health situation, as some of us are, and was very mindful of the possibility of adverse symptoms, but that didn’t happen. Had a FD dinner at 6.30pm. All good.

Onwards and downwards,
    Merry

Hi all uk day 23 nfd

Need to get focused and plan rather than drift and hope for the best.

This building excitement for these cubbies is catching lol

Day 24 NFD NZ
    Should be a FD but it’s a public holiday in NZ and I have had a house full of teenagers and their friends for two days and I can’t face a fast.
    Will be Tues Thurs FD this week for me.
    My NFDs have been less indulgent this week, I’m still relaxed about what I’m eating but am resetting the bizzare permission I had given myself to be too relaxed about NFDs and making choices I know are not conducive to my goals.

USA Hawaii DAY 23 NFD

Perth, Australia, Day 24, FD

Feeling amazing despite the beginnings of a lurgy making itself felt.

Sunshine Coast Australia Day 24 FD:
    Hi Merry, glad that your B2B worked so well. Congratulations.
    The new jeans is a goal for myself. I’m still too big to go to Jeans West but hope that I can do that before Christmas. That will be my November goal.

I will be joining you in November B2tF. You have been a great support for me.

I have loaded the spreadsheet into google drive but don’t know what to do next. I wonder if https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6oqTHC6B0LGMU1UV3NTRmNndU0 will work. Maybe someone in Australia can try this shortly and tell me if it works. Or from anywhere else NZ or insomniacs elsewhere or late to bed in America. It’s hard to know who is lurking at any given time.

Day 23: Pacific NW USA, NFD. Ate sensibly all day but haven’t had time to go to MFP so I’m basing below TDEE on faith. Yesterday NFD ended with a “build your own pizza” at a wood fired pizza place. I did build a pizza but ate the toppings off the pizza crust as if it was a serving platter and had a salad and a small bowl of chili so I think I was alright there too. Tomorrow will be a NF travel day and perhaps turn into a 500 cal FD if I don’t find anything healthy and non-carb.

Moth – thanks for confirming what I suspected, that those sweets do keep their beady little eyes on you. All the more reason to keep them out of the house and the hotel room! So Maui, thanks for the suggestion, the hotel did pack up the lot for me. Actually they did have nuts but I brought some with me and far cheaper!

Ciren – can you step up for Dec? You would be great! I’m sure many of us will continue to want the support of our group through the end of the year holidays.

therealwil – you have set a good example for us regarding your resolution to be good to yourself for your next trip around the sun!

K-lo – OMG, so sorry about your phone. Bummer – is it a total loss?

SongBird – we watched the game last night at the pizza place and we’re glad the Cubs left our arch rivals in the dust, you know “the enemy of our enemy is our friend”!

And, Northern – watching those games can be so nerve wrecking that it can give your arm a tic that keeps bringing food to your mouth!. My suggestion over the next 4-7 games is to give yourself a limited quantity of your snack food in a bowl or baggie and when all eaten start on celery, carrot sticks or whatever is crunchy and keeps your jaw working – your brain probably won’t notice the difference!

Fuvvie – thanks for all you’ve done for us this month and for always!

emmsee – I copied your mango chicken recipe. I’ll be glad to get home and try it. Thanks!

Day 23 Italy – FD
    Yesterday was ok, enjoyed my food …and wine but stayed within my TDEE.

@frida – congratulations on reaching your target weight!

Australia Day 24 FD – My usual jeans were in the wash yesterday so I ended up trying on multiple pairs of pants looking for something I could wear shopping and for dinner. Nothing fitted — I couldn’t even get some up my legs they were so small! — so in the end I was sitting in the kitchen in my knickers and jumper waiting for the drier to finish! Anyway seeing what I used to fit into has given me huge motivation and this FD is going like a dream. I also have my gym bag and will go there after work, and I have my food planned for tomorrow so I can stay under my TDEE. Power to the people everyone! 🙂

Australia Day 24 fd

Fuvvie I clicked on your attachment for the spreadsheet and it said it would ask permission. I didn’t think about it not being in my forum name though, so if you have a request from Elisa to see it that’s just from me trying to help you test it out.

Happy to be fasting again today. Completed 4:3 last week, still working on the last bit of my added holiday weight. Still had 400gms to go to be back. Might do 4:3 again this week in the hope that I can get below that this week. I have another 3kgs to go after that to be just touching my goal weight. Am really hoping to get there by early to mid December.
    Good luck everyone with your goals and success and struggles. It’s nice to have each other here.

Day 24 Portugal FD

Trying to get back on course after the weekend. Really want to reach my October goal weight.
    30 min HIIT completed and I will try to go for a walk today too.

Is there a November challenge? I would love to join as I have found this to be so good.

Fuvvie 2nd post. I wouldn’t worry about trying to click on that. While I was trying to get into gmail, some scam type thing came onto my computer. I use an apple. I rang my son and he helped me to shut it down. It said it was going to delete my hard drive. This was to happen in 5 minutes. That time was 15 minutes ago. I’ve cleared my history, . But I wouldn’t bother. I just anted to share the spreadsheet as it seemed a shame that I’m the only one that ever sees it. But I would hate to put anyone at risk.

Lou Belles, The problem came when I tried just trying to get into my email account by putting my email address in the search bar in safari. I just worked out how to get into my email by going to gmail.com. There don’t seem to be any problems,

I was sorry to hear about your phone,

Fuvvie I have looked at your spreadsheet now. No virus or spam so far, I opened it on my phone.
    Great job keeping on top of all of that! It is great to be able to see all of the statistics.

NZ, Day 24, NFD
    Have had a really good NFD – finally planned & wrote down what I ate & have kept under TDEE. Not sure why it’s taken me almost a month to get this sorted!
    FD tomorrow – busy week ahead but determined to finish October well.

Take care all. Xxx

Gozo, Malta
    Day 24
    FD

Yesterday I had a salmon sandwich with tartar sauce when I went out for breakfast with my daughters, had Chinese food takeaway for lunch and in the evening I ate gorgeous party food at a babtism party for a gran nephew of my husbands. Result I weighted myself this morning and I’m 0.9 kilos more than Saturday.

Today I’m welcoming a fast day.

Happy Monday everyone. Stay strong.

UK day 24 FD just a week left in October,so aiming to end on a high .will try liquids only until around 7 this evening then have a nice dinner, but must resist the temptations of biscuit with coffee after which I seem to have got into the habit of recently .need to get back to clean eating,the weathers changing so looking forward to investigating some new recipes for winter warmers x

Good Morning All ! USA, Missouri Ozarks, Day 24, Fasting

Back to the first of my three day fasts, looking forward to it. Had a very busy, productive weekend. Gotta go to work and get some rest !
    Ate quite a bit of food the last couple of days, not big meals but lots of little things. Tried to avoid too much junk, had some good stuff (red grapes, Gala apples, cheese sticks, etc.,) big salads with lots of protein – balanced out by some cookies and chips ! hahah…

Got in extra exercise and lots of water, slept very well every night.

Wishing you all great day.

Tweed Coast Australia / Day 24 / NFD

I’m ready for my FD tomorrow!

This is my 3rd attempt to write to those who have been missing for a while namely Zelle, Yazcat, smilbeycgirl, . I hope Saltyseabird is having a lovely time in Spain and expect we will hear about that on the 30th. I know you travel a bit susiecarp and can’t always post. JoyT,JFitzy, are you hanging in there? We are into the last week now as we finish on the 31st. Today was a dud for me so FD again tomorrow. Meeting up with relatives so that won’t be easy. Just have to get with the programme. Better get to bed. Night all.

Day 24 | London | NFD

Hi all, apologies for not posting for a dew days.
    I feel I’m receding into some dark place (somewhere I’ve been before) 🙁 but I can’t stop my self… The days getting shorter and TOM doesn’t help much. In terms of fasting, I’ve fallen off the wagon – I haven’t done a complete fast since I got back from the meditation retreat!
    I’m still carrying on with my exercise – yoga mainly. At the moment that’s the only thing in life I look forward to (not even going home after a long day at work…). I managed a PB with my weekly 5k (almost by a minute!) which lifted my mood on Saturday, but was back to square one on Sunday with feeling sad and angry all day 🙁
    Having made the choice to go solo without any anti-depressants, I don’t want to get back on it. I’m determined to fight this and get back on my feet again.
    Just started reading Dr Fung’s new book – A lot of inspiration, so I’m hoping I’ll be able to get fasting again.
    I’m also planning to do a 30-day yoga challenge in November – a class every day for 30 days. Done it once before. I feel I need to push my self physically now.

Sorry about the rant, and if I miss out any posts.

All the best lovely people x

Texas, Day 24. Sorry missed couple of days, but nothing interesting happened – normal NFD days. Today is Fasting Day, I keep my fingers crossed.

Did not have time to read the thread, will catch up later – now a lot of work.

US DAY 24….jury duty so I ate. 120.3

Back2….too early to say about the phone. It’s buried in rice

Days 22, 23 | Ohio, USA | NFD
    Day 24 (today) | FD

Pardon the delay. I’ve really been enjoying trying to unplug more over the weekends. However, I should have booted up to post. I wasn’t inactive — 16,000 steps yesterday — but too much snacky food, a little too much wine, not great sleep. All that combined to not feel like a particularly healthy weekend. I need to keep a better eye on my weekends.

Today, FD. Will be great.

Have a good day all.

@pissupoosa the shorter days and here, the gray, affect me too in a major way. Speaking of, let me take some vitamin D while I’m thinking about it. Good luck!

Day 24|FD|Toronto
    Best wishes to all for this last full week in October.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 1,628 total)

You must be logged in to reply.