The 31 day October Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The 31 day October Challenge

This topic contains 1,627 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by  Fuvvie 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,628 total)

• Coda,

So sorry about the news.
    I am mother of two girls. Both of them were blessed with a good first long-term relationships with nice, kind guys. Unfortunately, both of them initiate break ups. Both times I was also heart-broken for the boys. However, I realize that it is better being a heart-broken than having a broken marriage.

It is kind of you to support the girl, and also to feel for her. But your loyalty will always be with your son no matter what.

I also had my heart broken in the past, but now I am in 27 years of marriage and cannot even imagine to have another husband. I am glad now that my previous relationship were broken by me or my partners, because it gave me chance to meet my perfect half. 🙂

I wish your son, his ex-girl, and you to heal your heart-ache, and find new loving relationships. Hugs.

Day 19, Brussels, FD

Day 19 | Ohio, USA | NFD

FD tomorrow. Feeling wonky today. Can I just go to sleep for a while??

USA Hawaii Day 19 FD
    Going for a FD but on vacation could be challenge. Have a couple bottles of kombucha in the mini frig in the room and hope to drink those and salad with a couple organic turkey slices, also in mini frig, and stay at 500 calories.

Day19 Cornwall Uk.

Fast day well should have been! turned into 16-8. I’m really not doing so well, so near to my goal, tis annoying!

I took my MIL out for the day to M&S. Lunch etc. I organised a surprise with a friend she’d not seen for a few years. She was very pleased. MIL will be 90 on Sunday. My OH is an only child and so I am really the only person who takes her out! But she is hard work and has a cutting tongue! Now planning her birthday lunch with some old friends and family. She’s really looking forward to it.

Coda – big hugs it a hard one.

Fuvvie you are so lovely and caring. It must be really hard when there are others who should be helping you share the care, but don’t. You must take time for you in all this. x

Stay strong.

Croatia, Day 19, FD
    Weight: 76.7 Kg

Sussex UK Day 19 NFD
    Hi all,
    Fuvvie &Coda – big hugs to you both. It’s sometimes hard to see a way through these things but I hope things turn out OK.
    NFD for me today although I haven’t eaten anything yet apart from a sneaky lollipop which I found in my drawer at work and a small handful of macadamias. Chicken sausages and salad for dinner.
    I am off to Spain tomorrow and won’t be back until 30th. I don’t know if I will have Internet access so if I don’t I will check in for the final day and weigh-in.
    Stay strong all you lovely people – you can do it.
    Keep smiling O&D
    SSB

Fast day turned into a non-fast day…..again.

Coda.
    Better he realize now before a bad marriage. We all knew my son was making a huge mistake when he married – 8 years a a bad marriage – divorce – lots of pain now she has remarried and she and my son are friends. Ours is not to reason why… just be there for them.

Gozo, Malta

Coda as others have said better now than later. Everyone has to live his/her life the best way they think possible. Just support your son and pray for them both.

Fast day turned into 550 calories as I was so hungry I ate an apple before supper.

Good day/night everyone.

Coda, You have a big heart.

Ciren2,
    Keep trying girl. Don’t give up.
    I had the same problem for 2 months, and end up gaining a lot.
    I don’t know if it will help you, but I find it helpful to use small notebook and put a little encouraging notes every hour or so, when I feel to close to breakup the fast. Somehow I feel stronger when I count how many hours are already done. If my last meal was at 7 pm, at 7 am you already fasted 12 hours! At noon – 17 hours! And so on.
    Most dangerous time for me when I come home from work. I just grab my dog and go out; or go to gym, window shopping, do cleaning or gardening project outside the kitchen to be busy. Some girls suggested knitting.

My heart feels for you since I am going thru the same struggle. We can do it!

Day 19

UK
    NFD

Hi all thank you Edzeko Ciren2 pissupoosa misgizmo coldpizza Rocy65 SSB itsmyturn Anna6 k-lo. I have done nothing but cry tonight. Cried when I spoke to her on phone. Cry when I think how much she loves my son and feel so sad he no longer feels the same. She thought he was the one, we thought she was the one. I know better now than a broken marriage and if he doesn’t feel the same then he has done the right thing but it’s like I am grieving for someone/thing that has been lost forever. I have been sad when other relationships ended but not like this. We visited them while over in England late August and we had a great time. I thought she was his rock. No inkling until a few weeks ago when he said they were having problems. We put it down to a house move, new jobs and the stress that can bring. after talking they seemed back on track until today. Hope and pray he doesn’t regret it. But he is my son and I hope it really was for the best. Families/life eh. Thanks again guys for the support much appreciated.

London | Day 19 | NFD

Day 19, Osoyoos, Canada, vacationing, NFD. Just finished my first 2 FDs in a row and I think that might be the way to go for me.. I didn’t find it hard at all,and now it is over for the week.
    I make some great low calorie lentil vegetable soup and got quite a large portion for dinner. Ate Skyre Icelandic yogurt with 1 cup berries for breakfast, I think the high protein in the yogurt kept me going till dinner, and then veggie salad with the lentil soup seamed like I wasn’t restricting calories at all.

My heart goes out to all that are struggling with personal stress right now..I know it is hard to deal with stress and calorie restriction, so take care all, spend some time taking care of yourself too…

Australia Day 20 FD – thanks for the kind words all. It never ceases to amaze me how the support of this virtual community can have such a positive impact on my life. Fuvvie and Coda – hugs to you both. You have done so much to support all of us through these challenges, know that we are with you. I am really hungry today so though I will still do a fast day I will have a light lunch and dinner so it won’t be a liquids-only day. I think I am hungry today because we had salad for dinner last night – I wasn’t feeling particularly hungry and we had salad vegetables to use up so I made my own version of a Caesar salad – you should have seen the faces on my family when I told them they were having salad for dinner! Priceless 🙂

Croatia, Day 20, NFD
    Weight: 76 Kg

Australia, day 20, FD

Perth, Australia, Day 20, NFD

USA Day 19 NFD

I feel great sorrow for you, Coda. You have been such a rock and such an inspiration to all of us since the May challenge. I haven’t read back a lot of the posts, but just this page. I’m not sure I really know what’s going on. I’m sorry for what seems to be a displacement of your family, in regards to your son and daughter-in-law and their kids? Perhaps, he will change his mind. Over time.
    It’s beyond your control. Believe me, when I say I know how painful that lack of control is. I had to make my peace with that years ago in regards to my son and his family.
    I hope you can find some calm, some peace; and make sure you take care of yourself with kindness, through this stressful and difficult time. Motherhood is a tough, heartbreaking, fulfilling and beautiful role to fulfill. I send prayers and positive thoughts to you, Coda. In the long run, things will work themselves out. Stay strong, but be gentle with yourself and take time for yourself.

Day 20 FD NZ
    No real problem fasting today, just had my 400ish cals for dinner and I’m easily set to make it through until tomorrow.
    My two NFDs yesterday and the previous are quite a different story. Very few sensible choices made and I wonder what I’m doing to myself at times eating without much regard for choices when i still put in the hard yards with fasting.
    I do really want to succeed and I’m debating if I weigh in tomorrow or not (my 1x/week day for it)
    I obviously need to eat but the challenges of NFDs are so huge for me I don’t know how to align them better with what I know are better choices.

Day 20, Brussels FD

Wil have another fast day today as I have a busy day and won’t be home until pretty late. Will do official weight in tomorrow but this morning the scale showed -0,5 kg again since last week big drop thus at the moment the regim is feeling really encouraging for me with a lot of good results both on the scale and when measure myself.

I’m sad to see that some of you are experience some hard situations in your personal life at the moment and hope things will work out in the future for all partys involved!

xx

Sunshine Coast Australia Day 20
    Thank you so much NorrieB, LouBelles, HollyLJ, Songbirdme, Itsmyturn–Loved the thought of Fuvvie’s army 😂– Moth54 -very interesting idea re “sinking fund” like we have for our unit in the body corp And you are right when you say they ‘can’t’. They probably can’t do it because it is too painful for them to see their mother like this. She was a good mother to them and a very intelligent woman. Too sad. When my OH is home, he is very good with his mum and lets me get out more so I just have to be patient. Ciren2, thank you as well. You have all overwhelmed me with your kind thoughts. I can be kind and thoughtful, but I am no angel and can be short and snappy, impatient and grumpy. Still, one does what one can and hope for a bit of forgiveness along the way.

Coda, a big hug for you. It is a grieving process for what has been lost and might have been but as many on the thread have identified, our kids have to live their own lives. We can but hold them in our loving arms and let them get on with it.

See you all tomorrow as I did get a better night’s sleep going to bed earlier and no late screens. Hugs to all of you.

Day 20. Sussex, U.K.
    NFD.
    Struggling on. Not giving up.
    Made tom yum soup and put the shiitake noodles in.
    Fuvvie – sending positive thoughts your way. You are juggling with quite a lot in your life.
    Full of admiration for you.
    Coda – one of my sons broke up with a girlfriend years ago who I was very fond of. I really
    felt as though the break was between her and me, and grieved. They were not living together
    and moved on with their lives over the next year but I haven’t forgotten my own strong feelings.
    Thinking of you and sending big hugs.
    New day today everyone, full of opportunity.

Day 19: Pacific NW USA, NFD, 6.8 lbs less of me so far this month. I’ve had 3 healthy meals today, have not added up cals but had emmcee’s Thai prawn curry for dinner, it was delish! I added broccoli and pea pods and his recipe is very satisfying!

I’m packing for a trip, up too late already, I need to follow in Fuvvie’s footsteps. Glad you have a plan to get your deep sleep, Fuvvie, I have so much trouble sleeping when my schedule gets busy – which is most of the time!

Coda – both my son’s were on the other side of the equation you are dealing with. For one son, we had totally taken his girlfriend into our family for years and it felt like she was breaking up with all of us, so I know your heart ache. She continues to stay in touch with us but it still rings a little bell in my head and heart when we talk about the old days. BTW – both of my boys are in wonderful (better) relationships and we have great daughters-in-law and grandchildren and we are so fortunate. Your empathy is your gift but it does require faith that while difficult this was probably the best for both parties.

Hannah – I swear, we are our own worse critic! I remember advise Coda gave once: What would you tell someone else who had felt the way you did? Probably more positive with others than we are with our self-talk. Your brain believes what you tell it!

SongBird – Just heard about 10 runs tonight!

I’m on the road for most of the rest of the month but I’ll keep in touch with all your posts to help me keep to the plan!

Day 20 Italy – FD
    Stayed within TDEE yesterday and ate healthily. I had pasta for lunch (enjoyed it but ate less than I would normally do) and salad for dinner with a glass of wine. Gave into my nemesis, pizza crusts but stopped myself in time to do any real damage. I am finding Adaline’s challenge is helping me there, it’s a one line post on how much junk I eat, and has made me more mindful.
    Lany36, last challenge I was really struggling with NFD’s and tried lots of things. At the moment I have 2/3 FD’s, 1 Feast day where i eat whatever I want, no holds barred, and 3/4 NFD’s where I plan beforehand on MFP including wine (my favourite )and stick to making sure I make healthy choices. I’m finding that my palate really is changing and I genuinely enjoy some dishes more than the stodge I had been eating. I’m sorry to say but while ever we use fasting to compensate for overeating results will be slow coming and won’t last. Weigh in anyway, it might get you back on track and tag those days as learning days (excellent post from a few days back, can’t remember who). Hugs

It was Merryme on page 21. Another of her wonderful posts about L for learning days. I love her posts, so many pearls of wisdom!

London | Day 20 | FD 🙂

Day 20- Essex uk. NFD

Weigh in day tomorrow. I’m slightly nervous as I’m hopeful to see numbers below 142lb as I’ve tweaked my eating habits around the 5:2 WOL to include 16:8. Im really hopeful. Just a 1lb drop is enough for me! I was hungry yesterday on my FD. I’m hungry now but I’ll definitely not eat a bite past 5pm and everything I eat prior to that will be of significant nutritional value.

Happy Thursday all x

Surrey UK Day 20 NFD Have a very important meeting with our lawyer today, so not fasting. Will go for it tomorrow.
    Gosh Coda, I really feel for you! My granddaughter is in a relationship with a lovely young man and I really hope it lasts…I dread the thought of going through what you are going through, so my heart goes out to you. It will pass though, that I know from some bitter experiences and there is not much one can do about it.
    Just watched the last Clinton/Trump debate…OMG!! I feel for the American people as well…wow, what a choice!

NZ, Day 20, FD
    FD done – heading to bed very shortly to make sure I don’t start snacking!
    Am really conscious of weigh in on Saturday morning – really need to try & get a better balance with my NFDs because at the moment I’m just overeating every time. I have planned my meals for tomorrow but need to write it down & stick to it!
    I am so “all or nothing” – must be why I can water only on FD days and then eat everything in sight on NFDs – I know I need to get into a better eating pattern on NFDs or I will never be able to maintain this weight (& a lower one I hope!). I want to get off this yo-yo cycle.

Thoughts & hugs to all those struggling/feeling low – one foot after the other.
    Keep shining & take care. Xxx

Day 20 Portugal FD
    67.1 kg • pleased with that given the bad start to the week. Close to my October goal weight of 66.7 (I think). Looks like it will be possible. Then work towards my end goal weight of 58kg. Still a way to go! Already finished a 30 min workout and just cleaned the house – up and down the stairs!!

Going out with my two daughters after school today and will eat out. But I will have a salad, should come well under 500cal.

Australia, Day 20. FD

Fuvvie caring is a pretty tough task with little support but usually a lot of advice on how you should do things. It won’t get any easier as mils disease progresses either. I hope you find ways to cope and to care for yourself.

Coda, broken hearts do heal and I hope the healing is quick and fast in your case.

All the best for the end of the week folks.

VP

Australia Day 20 nfd

Don’t worry Fuvvie, you don’t have to be perfect. None of us are. We are all grumpy and impatient and snappy sometimes! Perhaps more than we would like! At least you are in good company! 😉

Tweed Coast Australia / Day 20 / NFD

Great news! I slept well after all the busyness of yesterday and woke refreshed and not hungry. I’m so glad. I extended yesterday’s fast until around 1 pm today and feel good from having done that.

Feeling happy.

Day 20 – South Florida – FD
    I’ve done my PiYo Buns 30 minutes so *check*!
    I have my low cal shiritaki noodle and chicken soup ready to go with some steamed veggies for emergencies. *check* and *check*!
    I should be getting my new Pixel phone today so that should keep me completely engrossed this evening… yay!!

Have a great day everyone!!

UK day 20 FD

Fuvvie & Coda you’ve both given so much to these challenges it’s sad to hear about your troubles❤️

Such a supportive community. You all are the best.

Day 20 | Ohio, USA | FD

NFD ended up being a blow-out day. I’m not sure what my TDEE but I am sure I didn’t stay within it. Not getting too worked up about it though. Glad for today’s FD to reset.

Day 20|FD|Toronto

Good Morning All, USA, Missouri Ozarks, Day 20, Non Fasting Day

Weigh in day – 147 – same as last week – down six pounds from starting weight of 153 when I first found this site (9/24), very happy that the weight loss was not just temporary but has remained true even though I have really eaten anything I wanted (chili, pizza, lasagna, ice cream, cookies, Mexican food, etc. (as well as the healthier options of salads, fruits, yogurts, cottage cheese, etc.) and never felt deprived. I have been drinking a LOT of water and never missing my exercise. Slid right into a new pair of size eight dress slacks, headed out to a committee meeting/lunch with friends.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Gozo, Malta

Day 20

FD

Today I was planning on a nfd but I am turning into a fast day instead of tomorrow. It might be a little over 600 calories.

What I had planned for cooking today I cooked what was on tomorrow as one of my ovens is broken and they had to takeboth my ovens for repair as both ovens are stuck together. So I’m cooking from the hob only.

Anyway I’ll weigh myself and report on Saturday. Love reading everyone’s posts. Fuvvie it could be tough to take care of an elderly person, I took care of my mother aged 84/5 for three months, seven months and seven weeks periods consecutively. They need all the love you can give. But in the end it was worth it.

Take care everyone. Stay strong.

Texas, Day 20. Attempting a FD today. Started 5:30 pm yesterday, so it is already 16 hours of fast! I keep my hope high. At first dangerous time – lunch – I am planning to walk outside for 30 min. Another dangerous point – returning home from work. Planning to change, feed dog and cats, and go to gym. After gym I am walking my dog, and taking hot bath. Maybe nice sudoku puzzle in bed before sleep. No time for kitchen search. To give me more strength, I am considering to barricade my kitchen with chairs.
    What are your successful tricks that helped you to complete fasts? We, who struggle a lot, would appreciate your inputs.

Yesterday was NFD and pizza party at office. Ate a lot of pizza, and not very happy about it, since scale not smiling at me at all for a long while… 🙁

Still, even with struggles – life is good! 🙂

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK: Non-fast day: My day off work….always best for it to be on a NFD.

Coldpizza: Thanks for your encouragement. I know I will get myself sorted out. Eating is always related to stress with me….comfort-eating. I broke my fast after some niggling disappointment which I can’t even remember what it was! Stupid, really, but it just put me in a grotty mood. I hope you are doing ok.
    Tomorrow I am planning for a good, successful fast day.
    Coda: A big hug for you xx
    Dry your tears, things WILL work out in the end.

Day 20 USA (Illinois)

NFD for me today.

Coda – I feel for you so much. It’s awful when kids and their relationships don’t work the way we hope they would. Two of our daughters have divorced from men who we never thought would turn out the way they did (one after only one year, the other after 9 years with 2 kids). They both were philandering men. They did not seem that way during engagement!

Back2theFuture – YEAH for my Cubbies indeed! At least they will go back to Wrigley for sure. Maybe they can win tonight again! 🙂

hugs and love to you all — onward and downward!

Day 20|FD| Bucks UK

Georgia/USA/Day 20/FD:

So I kinda pigged out yesterday. Not my proudest moment. But as you all say, learn from it. I know I was worried about things going on in my life and I medicate with food. I snacked before and after dinner. Throughout the day really. I have a birthday coming up tomorrow. I’m taking the day off and going to get a massage. I’m not of fan of aging, but the alternative sucks. So I guess I can at least try to look and feel my best. That’s why I’m here in this forum. I’m trying to be the best me that I can be. I want to feel good about myself when I look in the mirror and when I go shopping for clothes. I want to feel more confident in my appearance. This 5:2 has given me loads of confidence and I don’t want to waste anymore time living. So here’s to you all!! Enjoy your day.

US Day 20, NFD camping in arches. Beautuful weather.

Osoyoos Canada, day 19
    NFD… crossing the border for Mexican food will try to avoid the chips and just pile loads of salsa on the ones I do give into.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,628 total)

You must be logged in to reply.