The 31 day October Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The 31 day October Challenge

This topic contains 1,627 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by  Fuvvie 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 1,628 total)

• Uk day 20

Thank you everyone for your support and shared experiences just wish I could meet for coffee and hugs lol. Feeling exhausted and emotionally drained but can at least talk without tears. I’ll pick myself up and carry on. My son off course doesn’t understand the ripple affect of his decision!

Fuvvie you deserve a medal – any chance a rota could be set up for even a few hours Mil sitting by the others who should be sharing the load. Do they realise the strain you are under and all you are asking is for a little help? My MIL was/is a nightmare and said some awful hurtful things. I was never named but was ‘your wife’ She has come round a lot but she missed out on a lot because I gave up trying and stopped visiting for a long time. Her loss! Your Mil is very lucky to have a DIL like you as are the other family members. Sometimes maybe if they would just say thanks it would mean a lot.

Well done to all who have found a rhythm and are seeing results. I’ll get back on track soon! hugs all round x

Funny story: I’ve been posting in the wrong group for the entire week I think. LOL

Day 20. US. FD. Wow. My weigjt fluctuations r quite dramatic. I am now at the high end of normal. I don’t like it. Will be very mindful today, and get back to where I like being.

Lol therealwill not quite the whole week just a day or 2 but at least you found your way back.
    Edzeko sometimes it takes a something to make you realise this is not where you want to be.

Day 20 Cornwall UK

Semi fd! started off well (story of my 5.2 life at the moment!) then weirdly I was violently sick!. I dont think it’s a bug as I feel fine! But I decided just to have a very light diet day. Didnt count cals but probably 800.

Had to clean today ready for the weekend. Tomorrow will be baking, shopping and picking up hellium balloons etc!! My daughter and grandaughter arrive in the evening.

Big hugs to those who are having difficult times, thankfully they do pass.x

mid afternoon emergency checkin…

LindaSue, you go girl!!!
    GreatLakes – the important thing is to start again tomorrow…
    coldpizza – you’ve GOT to change your screen name… you are killing me on FD’s like this!!
    Georgia – You ROCK!!! great attitude!
    Fuvvie – you’ve got a heart of gold and an incredible amount of love for your OH and for humanity in general. Lot of hugs and encouragement from this side!
    therealwil – I’ve done that! admit it… you missed us as much as we missed you…
    Edzeko – *facepalm*

Checking in on my FD for that extra afternoon encouragement – got a little grumpy with my last client and not sure if it is the fasting or if he is just a grating person in general.. I *think* i remember him getting on my nerves every time i talked to him and i almost refused his business…. i think i will ask another consultant to ‘work with me on this’ aka – pawn him off.

HAVE AN AWESOME EVENING EVERYONE!!!

London | Day 20 | Post 2

@time4me: I’m the same with NFD, although I have gotten better since implementing 16:8. Fasting from 8pm to 12:30/1pm really kills the sugar cravings and by lunchtime I’m well and truly ready for food which I now appreciate so much more. I still eat everything and am still struggling with chocolate/ sweets between dinner time and 8pm but at least I stopped snacking in the AM and between lunch and dinner, a big success for me. Maybe it could help you, too?

@coda: it is not just people directly in a relationship that are affected by break ups, so your own heartbreak is completely understandable. Over the years you have build a relationship with the girl, too and not getting to see her again because your son decided to end it (most likely for all of you) is traumatic. Where abouts in the UK are you? According to the kids my superpower is hugs 😉

@edzeko: that’s hilarious 😀

@fuvvy: you’re a star! Dealing with all you are and still managing such a great challange. Well done!

along the lines of snacking… one of my tricks – that works sometimes… but NOT always… I have Fiber Gummies. packed with fiber, lo cal and that small sensation of ‘snack’ because it is a gummy…
    i need to replenish my stock

Day 20 NJ USA NFD. Junk food junk food junk food. Why??????? Crazy til Sunday nite – home Monday. Lots to make up for!

Just had a chance to read back on some earlier posts,

fuvvie, I so admire you for your commitment – it isn’t easy, I know.

coda – so sorry for the pain that everybody must be going through, maybe it will all work out. Love is such a powerful emotion, I wonder how we have all survived it this long.

My best to all of you, good times and bad, we are in this together. Some days this week my scale read 154 one day and 148 the next. I just figured I would go by the weekly Thursday weigh in. Don’t be discouraged if it seems the weight is going the wrong way, just stay the course.

Can’t go wrong when you are doing right!

London | Day 20 | NFD

Meant to be a FD but failed miserably today. FD Tomorrow.

Hi HT you may send me a virtual superpowered hug lol. Good hugs must be a mum thing, all my son said he wanted/needed was a hug from me. My OH has been giving me hugs when needed. It was hard not being there for them. I am in Northern Ireland my son and girlfriend, ex, live in Wimbledon. She is coming home to see her family this weekend so we have arranged to meet for coffee and hugs. I just have to respect his decision was the right one and made for the right reasons. Oh to have a crystal ball!
    Thank you again everyone, your support/advice was very much appreciated.

MisGizmo,
    I am considering change to “MoldyPizza”… I hope it will help. LOL! 🙂

Day 20 NFD Australia
    Pretty contained day calorie wise – 1830 all up (target is 2250 on NFD)
    Walked 8km and jogged 2.4km for total steps of 14,700. Have not jogged for 4 years so very pleased with myself.
    Hiked in a National Park near home and spotted 1 Koala, 6 Eastern Grey Roos, 2 Goanna’s, 1 Red Belly Black Snake and a weird looking marsupial – top day out all round.

Australia Day 21 FD

After Wednesday’s fast wasn’t sure if I would go ahead with the third one being today. But yesterday’s nfd wasn’t the best though pretty sure I was still under tdee. So happy to fast today as have no desire to eat. I really need to get a better balance on nfd’s though. But do love how I feel after a fd. Hmm gotta work this out.
    Cold pizza love Mouldy Pizza alternative! That will put everyone off eating! What an (online) community service! 😉

USA HAWAII Day 20 NFD
    Going long stretches, 20 hours, from dinner last night to lunch today so it doesn’t count as a fast day. However I’m hoping it will help. No scales here so it will wnd up being 10 days since last weigh in.

USA Day 20 NFD
    Cold Pizza, LOL, I don’t think “moldy” suits your lovely personality. But then “cold” doesn’t describe you either. Warm Pizza would be best. 😋
    Best of luck to everyone.

Perth, Australia, Day 21, FD

Had a big food day yesterday, looking forward to today’s FD.
    Exercise has slipped this week due to hectic load. Hopefully I’ll get home in time to at least go for a walk.

Happy Friday folks

That’s probably my fault – I posted that recipe on the Southern Hemispherites forum and noticed you’d been posting there @therealwil78

No, not ‘warm pizza’ – which would make me hungry. I never eat my pizza cold, so I’m game to stay with what you have. Not moldy, no!

Would petite-pizza be a contender?

Australia, NFD, day 21

Day 21. Sussex, U.K.
    NFD.
    Just enjoying the posts.
    Good luck everyone.

Sunshine Coast Australia Day 21: NFD: Never fear, therealwil, you only posted on the other site on Days 19 and 20. You can check what you have written where by double clicking on your own name and then click on replies created. Then you can see what you wrote and where. I have been using that when I think I was so involved in reading a person’s post that I forgot to fill in the spreadsheet. It is very handy. Beats reading back through pages of the thread.

Dear Coldpizza, I have known you as that for months now and even my computer recognises your name in predictive text. But it is fun to play around with your name. Can you tell us again how you chose it?

I’m going to submit this now or I may lose it when I go back a page as I have missed quite a few posts. May add some more shortly, or not.

Day 21. Essex uk.

Weigh in day. 139lb! I’m truly delighted. Munching in the evening is clearly not good for me. Although we have leftover pizza in the pantry, then I read coldpizza posts…the torment!!!

Happy Friday everyone x

Tweed Coast Australia / Day 21 / NFD

I made some amazing almond flour brownie cupcakes to share with my class and feel fine about the amount of those I’ve eaten. However, I bought cream and whipped it to go with the brownies and have eaten a fair bit of it, more than I feel is good for me! Oh well, tomorrow is a FD, which is good! Life goes on and it is the best thing I can do tomorrow is a 5:2 fast!

Day 21 Italy – NFD
    Yesterday I missed a Fast Day. I’m not quite sure what happened because I was feeling great, I think I let my guard down mid-afternoon and just found myself in the pantry!!
    I will try again on Saturday.

Surrey UK Day 21 FD or NFD? Can’t decide. I was so hungry yesterday, did it have something to do with the visit to the lawyer? Have a sense I ate way too much. Slice of toast for breakfast, half a slice of bread with butter for lunch, slice of fruitcake later in the day, dinner of chicken schnitzel, vegetables, grilled stuffed mushrooms, and the killer, 3 glasses of wine…
    We start our next round with the UK Border Agency aka the Home Office and after our last experience, I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. Please God may it all go well! This lawyer got us through the last year of traumatic times, hopefully he will do it again. Feeling very anxious right now, although I know we have ticked every single one of the boxes…
    Had a slice of toast with tea earlier, so I am going to try and not eat for the rest of today till tomorrow some time. Let’s see what happens.

NZ, Day 21, NFD
    Bit nervous about weigh in tomorrow as today hasn’t been great – not terrible though (yet……..). Not a lot of active movement but on eve of 3 day weekend – planning plenty of exercise, housework and gardening (weather permitting!!).

Take care all. Xxx

PS – Haven’t been weighing daily, just couple of times a week so that’s been a positive change. Nice that my morning mood is not dictated by whether scales up or down!!

Second post: I have managed 10861 steps sp far today. I love the buzz my charge gives me when the 10000 steps are met. Feeling much better. Can hear my mIL in the lounge telling my son-in-law the same story that he has heard at least 100 times before. He is being so patient. They are all having a glass of wine together. I had better go and contribute. Night everyone for whom it is night, Aussies and New Zealanders, and hope your day goes well Brits and Europeans and I think the Americans are sleeping. What a lovely variety of nationalities we have here.

Gozo, Malta
    Day 21
    NFD

Yesterday ended at 750 calories.

Today I’ll try to keep below my TDEE. I love food but I’m making good choices and avoiding nibbling.

Stay strong everyone. Happy Friday.

Day 21 USA (Illinois – traveling to Utah)

NFD today – still on maintenance and doing pretty well. Off to the airport.

Staying strong even with travel food!

Onward and downward.

Good Morning All, USA, Missouri Ozarks, Non-Fasting Day

Yesterday went great, good food, lots of water, (I noticed at lunch that I had finished my first glass of ice water – in about ten or fifteen minutes – and had it refilled and others hadn’t even sipped theirs) I do love my water !

Got in all my exercise, don’t think I have missed a day all year of doing at least part of my “routine”.

Spending the day out with hubby, we will end up at our favorite place – the family owned and operated (four generations) Mexican restaurant. Am not eating breakfast and will not eat lunch so the early dinner – probably about four – will be all I eat today. He eats the same way if we have plans for the day, so that’s not a problem.

Cool, almost cold, morning here. Close to freezing but it is supposed to warm into the 70s.

Have a great day and GO CUBBIES !!!!

UK day 21 NFD very pleased with yesterday’s successful FD, up and out early for a Pilates class followed by a Legs ,Bums & Tums torture session but absolutely starving when I got back at lunchtime and have just managed to get through more in one meal than I did the whole of yesterday ! Ah well onwards……..

Texas, Day 21. NFD.
    Yesterday’s FD was a success. Finally! It is 7:30 am today and I am looking at peach and cannot wait to taste it after 38 hours of fast.

This is first week after my big “turning back from the path” when I completed 2 fasts and went to gym 2 times. I wish that I repeat this week for about 52 times!
    My scale did not really smile at me today morning since I am still overweight and way more then was 2 month ago, still it nodded approvingly while saying skeptically: “will see if you can ever stick to it”.

Thank you NorthernDawn, SongBirdMe, August 2024, Fuvvie, and Bajlish for your comments about my name. You make me laugh! I thought that cold pizza cannot really be that appetizing (not fresh, warm and still sizzling one). It probably stayed in refrigerator at least a week, am might have some molding on sides. I hope that will help with some who is struggling with this name. 🙂
    I liked petite pizza suggestion, but then I realized that pizza is still round (petite or large) – the shape I am trying to avoid. 😀

The secret of the name is not connected with food. I have a very weird last name, and nobody ever could pronounce it correctly. My daughter invented the way: she found two word that really correspond with my last name: Cold Pizza. It really helped! Now when I meet new people especially at work I tell “think of cold pizza before pronouncing my last name”. Many find it funny and helpful. And now many people around CAN pronounce my name correctly. (even though nobody really call me coldpizza, except this forum – which I keep a secret) 😀

Happy lean Friday!

Australia, Day. 21, NFD

Day 21+ Australia FD.
    Vege Omelette for Breakfast (210 Cals)
    Grilled chicken breast with Mango Sriracha Salsa (330 Cals)
    Skinny Flat White (130 Cals) – 670 Cals for the day – 70 over!
    However, I walked 7.4km and ran 2 km for a Calorie output of 600
    Happy Boy today.
    Good Luck on to all you Fast Day peoples.

Day 21 | Ohio, USA | NFD

Weigh-in: 128.6 (58.3)

FD was pretty good. Maybe went a little over by end of day, but not bad. Feeling good and weight at its lowest so far. Finally have shaken off this cold and going back to the gym this afternoon.

Happy Friday all!

Croatia, day 21, FD
    Weight: 76.2 Kg

Forgot to say earlier, Day 21

Day 21. NJ USA NFD. looking to keep the day at tdee – absolutely no snacks. Will wait til dinner to eat – scrambled eggs started the day. Protein keeps me full. That halloween candy bowl greased my downhill slide all week. Have a good day everyone

Day 21 – E. Canada, FD.

Yesterday, day 20, was a NFD for me. Distracted by a hearing loss problem that may or may not be permanent, shall just have to wait and see what the ENT says, when I get to see one. Went for a 20 km bike ride and felt a little better. Managed not to ‘stress-eat’ – although I was in the supermarket, and actually was in the bulk food section getting chocolate raisins when I told myself this wasn’t going to help. Went for a latte instead.

Today is weigh-in day. I’ve no idea what to put down because the scales sure don’t. The highest value so far is 131, but I will try to get to the fitness facility where they have a ‘medical’ scale and confirm, because my home scales just aren’t that accurate.

Coda, I remember after a particularly nasty disappointment receiving the great advice to think of one’s life as a ‘tic-tac-toc’ grid – you know, three rows of squares three columns wide. Any given aspect of one’s life – sexual relationship; job; friends; family; volunteer work; spiritual/religion; hobbies; physical health etc. etc. occupied only one square apiece. It was a great visual reminder that each of us has many sources of strength, and that while losing any one even temporarily is very painful, the whole person and her/his network is far from dead.

US, Day 21, FD…I brought some salad from dinner for munching on later.

No smiling scale for me either. Coldpizza, now I’m reallly intrigued about what your last name is!

If we’re doing sports shout outs today (Go Cubbies!), can I throw in a WE ARE!! for Penn State’s Nittany Lions who go up against Ohio State tomorrow night?

Georgia/USA/day 21/ NFD:

It’s my birthday so I’m gonna enjoy the day. Got in a workout earlier. Going to dinner tonight. Planning not to pig out.

US Day 21, NFD camping at arches national park with 2 of my daughters and their families and mY OH. So far ok on the food.

Day 21|NFD|Toronto
    FD yesterday went well but the scale this am, both weight and BF,just registers a gradual return to where I was prior to my CALORIE CRAZY weekend.
    Happy Birthday @therealwil78!

PS: Well made nutritional, thin crust, cold pizza makes a great breakfast on a NFD.

Day 21|NFD|Bucks UK

USA Hawaii Day 21 NFD
    Hoping I can get to a store and purchase some low carb foods to restock the mini fridge in our hotel room. We are here 3 more nights. Having the kombucha drinks on hand really helps.
    Wishing all a great day.

Day 21: Gloucestershire, UK….fast day? I hope so.
    NorrieB: I hope all goes well for you…I probably missed what it’s about, as I never seem to have time to read up on here properly….so much. However, a big hug and my best wishes to you. xx

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 1,628 total)

You must be logged in to reply.