TDEE

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  RebornAt45 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Is anyone basing their fast day meal on 25% of the TDEE? I have worked out that my TDEE is approximately 1665cals. This equates to approximately 413cals on fast days instead of the general recommended 500.
    I’m interested to find out if anyone else is taking this approach? Thanks.

I should be on 450 calories, but I am loosing weight on 500 so I feel fine on that. I have lost each week.

If I start hitting a plateau and not moving over a few weeks I might reconsider or up my excerise!

I did my first official day yesterday which was a breeze. 500 cals was a lot in one sitting so the reduction I’m hoping, won’t be too big a deal. If I have days where I do feel more hungry (and I’m sure they’ll come) I will amend the intake between 413 and 500. I will be starting on 4:3 but again I’m guessing in the winter months coupled with the lost taste for salad will possibly mean tweaking 4:3 to 5:2. I’m open to any suggesting from more experienced fast dieters!

Hi kgb48, I am trying to base my fast day meal on 25% of the TDEE. Unfortunately, my TDEE is really low as I am pretty sedentary due to hip/back issues that I am hoping to get sorted soon. I was horrified to find that my TDEE is 1760! I ma hoping that I can start to do some exercise soon and raise it a bit!

Me too Cathyork – I have a slipped disc and asthma which weren’t once too much of a problem but as I get older (I’m not that old) I feel both cause more problems. My TDEE is around 1665 however I have tried to stick to that today (non fast day)and found that there were too many cals to fit in before I had to stop eating for the day, as it’s a fast day tomorrow. I’ve eaten v well today and roughly only taken in 1244 cals. I even ate a dessert (which I never eat) which was grilled figs topped with 1/2 tsp honey then two dollops of v low fat nat yoghurt and a small handful of toasted almonds…delicious. I tried to eat whatever I wanted today but found I really didn’t fancy the treats I normally would for example we have a treat box full of minstrels, peanut M&M’s, twirl bites, …etc and even whilst I filled it up, I didn’t even pinch one (unheard of!)

Hi Kgb48, today was a fast day for me and I barely could catch 500 calories. On feast days I am also finding hard to even do 1200. I don’t want to go into starvation mode so I am worried. I really am full and don’t feel starved. Also, I wanted to ask a question but can’t figure out how to post a new post. I hope you or someone has the answer… Since we are losing and getting fit, do we re-evaluate our TDEE? I am so much more active now and eat so much more healthy than when I first started. It really does not seem accurate to go off of the original plan. I hope I am making sense.

Hi RebornAt45 – yes I think that you’d have to recalculate from time to time just to check – though I can’t imagine this makes a massive difference to fast day calories.

Reborn as you up your exercise you will find your TDEE will be More than before, it may well be your daily cals will go up rather than down x

Thank you Cathyork and Fastforlife for responding. Today I weighed in on myfitnesspal and it asked me to recalculate since I have lost a significant amount since I originally logged in. So I guess the answer is yes to recalculating for approx. every 10lbs lost. I am exercising more now and feel so much better. I am so happy I found 5:2. This forum has been great, everyone here is so supportive and helpful.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.