Tasty family meals

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  msxjsds 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• This last week ive struggled a lot on the 5:2 diet but I think mainly its down to stress at work (expecting Ofsted), doing a course at uni and im a single parent of 4 kids ( 3 live with me)
    Anyways im after some tasty low cal family meals to try out with my kids and get back into cooking again. So far since doing this (6 weeks in total) ive lost 6lb and really don’t want a rebound so any help is greatly appreciated

H x

Hi, as a mum of 3 teenagers I appreciate where you are coming from. Hubby and I sometimes have a separate meal to the kids (as they certainly don’t need to be watching their calorie intake!) but often we will have an ‘all in’ dinner. These are usually stirfrys, so healthy and packed full of veges. The kids add noodles to their stirfry or even sometimes rice. DH and I just enjoy the stir fry itself.

Soups are another great, cheap and easy all rounder meal.

If you are partial to abit of meat/fish – what about a portioned serve of protein with a salad or some lovely steamed vegies. Again, you could serve the kids mashed potato with it too. We love to have mashed cauliflower with a spoonful of creamed cheese (low fat) – YUM!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.