sustainable IF

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Onlyhermes 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• what does everyone think is the most sustainable method of IF.
    I like the idea of triggering autophagy which I believe happens between 14 and 72 hours into a Fast, I like this because it feels like a good beneficial reason to Fast rather than making weight loss the main reason it then becomes a positive side effect. I also feel that because I want Autophagy to happen I have no intention of cheating and taking a snack as I think it will ruin all the hours built up to that point.
    Anyway, for the moment I have chosen to go down the route of doing 23 – 1 or Omad for 5 days out of 7.
    do you all think this is a sustainable option? and also should it bring the health benefits of autophagy?

Hi @bobbys, It wouldn’t be sustainable for me, but it might be perfect for you. Give it a try and see how you feel. At the moment I’ve had success with alternate day water fasting and LCHF, but many people would hate that. You’ll likely have to experiment a bit to discover what works best for you.

It sounds like you have a positive attitude, and the great thing is that you have a potpourri of options for fasting. Dr. Fung seems to feel that any fasting (without food) is good fasting, and the longer you can do it (within reason, and considering your health) the better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.