Stuff to look forward to…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Stuff to look forward to…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RC76 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi there,

Just started 5:2, week in and results already! I’ve always struggled with my weight, been skinnier then fatter but in last 5-10 years it’s just steadily got out of hand. I’m 39yo, tall at 6’4, but just under 21st so action required.

As part of this I thought I’d pull together a list of things I’m looking forward to, and not just living longer! I hope these resonate with other people and in some way give some small way give further motivation if it were required. Feel free to post other stuff you’re looking fwd to!

Tons of clothes I’ve bought and really like but haven’t worn yet – basically a whole new wardrobe
    Not being terrified of trying to find clothes, shopping wherever I want
    Not buying XXL clothes any more
    Getting second looks from people on the street
    Not being exhausted by the walk in from the the car park to my desk
    Not feeling absurdly self conscious in the pool
    No (or at least much less) swelling in legs
    Not being worried about what family/friends/colleagues think about me
    Not being terrified of bumping into people I haven’t seen in a while
    Not being worried about long-term health
    Knees not starting to hurt after a long walk
    Back not starting to hurt after a while standing
    Being able to get up and down off the floor easily
    Not feeling sad whenever I see a photo of myself
    Not having problems doing shoelaces up
    Contemplating doing proper exercise again
    Increased energy levels – better sleep and no chance of sleep apnoea
    Not being mortified when I look in the mirror
    Probably get sick less
    Live longer
    Be able to fully enjoy and participate in the children’s activities
    Not being the fat dad
    Having a BMI that doesn’t horrify me
    Improved mood/outlook

Hope this is some comfort to people who are feeling similarly, with a long way to go but want to start with the end in mind.

Hi RC76, I’m totally with you mate…. Not as tall as you, but similar weight level.

For me it’s body image, health and quality of life….

Thanks for your exhaustive list, most of them are the same for me….

I recently started mediation (45 days ago) and now spend 20 mins per day.. have found it helps a lot with focus/self image and confidence… i use the app called Headspace.. use this code for a free 30 day token (nowt in it for me).

Hope you have a go and it helps you.

Here’s the email :-
    You’ve earned a free gift code – 1 month of Headspace access for you to share with a friend. (We all know someone who should treat their head right… right?)
    Here’s your free code:

REW30-RENMC8

Simply forward the code to a friend. They just pop it into the promo code box on the homepage or at checkout at Headspace.com and they’re off.

Thanks, will have a look.

I used to do yoga when I was more bendy and it was a real source of pleasure. Another thing I look forward to restarting very much when I’ve regained the body shape I remember so fondly…

Hi RC76,

Please don’t wait to do yoga!!! There are many difference styles, for all ages and shapes. I am doing 5:2 to loose only a couple of pounds, but struggle keeping my blood pressure where it should be. Please check out this website and Facebook page.

https://confessionsofayogaprincess.wordpress.com
    This lovely lady is doing Bikram Yoga which is very intense, however I find that restorative is just a good for making me feel good. I love seeing people of all shapes and sizes at my yoga studio. The skinny blonde is not always the best at yoga, which is more than just the poses. Find a beginner class and start again. If you lived near me, I would drag you with me:)
    Keep up the good work.

Hi slg,

Thanks for your response, I used to Ashtanga yoga which isn’t really compatible with my current body shape – it’s dynamic and to get the most out of it you really need a reasonable level of base fitness/flexibility. I can touch my toes just about but I used to be able to do all sorts. Healthiest/happiest I’ve ever been.

It’s difficult with 2 small children to make time for yourself to do this sort of thing anyway, I figure by the time I’m the weight I want to get to (c. 14st), they’ll be doing their own thing more and I’ll have more time to practise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.