Speeding towards 50 – its time to get serious and get Fit by 50.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Speeding towards 50 – its time to get serious and get Fit by 50.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Minka 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I lost weight when I was 40 and felt great, then got diagnosed with a Hypothyroid disease called Hashimotos. It’s real FUN ! all your hormones get screwed up and weight loss is almost impossible because even exercise is bad for it. A lot of juggling is needed, I am now nearly Gluten Free and following an Anti-Inflamatory diet and really hoping the 5:2 is a good as everyone says it is.

My husband and me are doing it together so that makes it easier.

We only started yesterday (7th August 2016) I want to loose about 40lbs, so we’ll see how far I get by next December when I will be 50.

Because I need to control my Blood Sugar levels I am trying to fill my fast days will lots of 50-100 calorie snacks throughout the day, plus green tea and water.

Anyone else out there going to be 50 next year and joining me on this journey?

Hi Bubbles,

Great that you’ve found 5:2 and are embarking on this journey! …Even better that your husband is joining you!!! I’d love mine to!

I just turned 60 so am not sure I’m eligible to join you? I too have Hashimotos and have been gluten free for a few years. I’ve been practicing Intermittent Fasting for nearly 2 months and have shed 8 1/2 pounds which now allows me to wear just about anything in my wardrobe (though I’m not always eager to wear some since they are so old, they’re out of style!).

I started out eating the small calorie snacks on my fasting days though began experimenting with longer time spans between eating and found that this worked even better. In other words, I now only eat when I’m hungry on my FDs because even eating a little seems to trigger more hunger for me. I often don’t eat my first FD meal until around noon now since that’s when my hunger kicks in. What’s great about 5:2 is the flexibility to experiment to discover what works best.

Thanks for your comments. Great to hear it works with Hashi. I think I already lost about 2lb in first week so I hope so. Weigh in is Monday.

I did not eat until 12 on my secong FD so maybe 2 meals will work. More experimenting next week.

Keep up the good work, we know how hard it is to loose weight with Hashimitos.

Hi Bubbles, I found it most difficult to shed weight when I was taking less than optimal amounts of thyroid replacement hormone or when I was taking the wrong type for my needs. Once I got the medication side of things sorted, I was able to lose weight just like I did when I was much younger, before menopause and Hashis!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.