Sore throat on fast days – is it a cold

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Sore throat on fast days – is it a cold

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jojo58 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone, I’ve been doing 5:2 since early Jan 2014, so about 2 months now. Only this week on both fast days I have gotten a sore, scratchy throat, starting in the afternoon. I have a slight headache but don’t have any other cold symptoms.

The day inbetween my fast I felt completely fine.

Am I getting a cold or is there something else going on here. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks xoxo MrsC

Hello MrsCiv,
    Put two fast days together for the first time and day three( yesterday) left me with a scratchy throat too. We will see what develops I guess. Headaches seem to be par for the course for me, but they are tolerable. Putting the down to diet changes.
    I did notice that 1st fast day was harder(knowledge that day two around the corner) but 2 nd day of fasting was easier than usual, I may put them together more often. It’s almost like my body said ‘I know what to expect today, no break for me?’. Good luck, let’s hope we don’t get sick!

Well, I didn’t end up getting sick and haven’t had any further symptoms on my 3 fast days since this post. So, it is a mystery I suppose.

Hope you feel better Jojo 🙂

Hi MrsCiv,
    Glad to hear you are ok, sadly I think I am developing a throat and chest infection. Rested today instead of my usual mad round of exercise and activities. I think I will attempt badminton tonight though, even if I only do the first hour. Can’t let the germs get all their own way. Still it was a very productive day on the paperwork so not all bad news. Survived most of another fast day too.
    Supergirl lives to fight another day

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.